Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home

Go down 
+33
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
The Unoriginal
Wolf
Rabid Badger
Blooferlady
the asylum
kelly
Sparrow
Penguin
Mafiosa
TheHermit
Maximilia
Adagio
Fairlight
Ezri Dax
Raine
ZoZo
Keith Fraser
rachel
Spotts1701
Lady Anne
EileenK98
Verandering
gaijinguy
Sutremaine
Jesus.
rae
Braigwen
Goat
Lapin
Miss Misery
Salamas
Saleha
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 am

ZoZo wrote:
I have nothing to add but a very frowny face and some fist shaking. I was under the impression California was one of the slightly better ones.

You were wrong. Despite its reputation as "liberal", California was knifed in the gut during the time conservatives were in office and the wound festers to this day. The state Senate requires a 2/3 majority in order to raise any taxes, allowing a small minority to subvert the will of the people and the necessities of the state. This is compounded because California Republicans aren't really interested in running the state or fixing its problems; they literally want California to die, so they can prop it up as an example of "government can't do anything right".

No democracy (technically the US and its states are republics but who really gives a shit, right?) has ever survived when simple, day-to-day actions like handling the budget requires a supermajority. Watch for California to go bankrupt within the next decade or so, and all the Republicans will be dancing in the streets waving their bloody knives high.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:40 am

haha what

I thought everyone knew California/ns is/are horrible.

e: Seriously, California is shitty enough that people keep coming to Nevada because it is marginally less shitty.

Some places in California are awesome (San Diego, San Fran., Disneyland, etc.) but it is mostly awful.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 pm

And the fleeing Californians then try to implement the same bullshit in the states they move to that made them want to leave in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Penguin wrote:
And the fleeing Californians then try to implement the same bullshit in the states they move to that made them want to leave in the first place.

Also they all drive like a bunch of morons.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
haha what

e: Seriously, California is shitty enough that people keep coming to Nevada because it is marginally less shitty.

Some places in California are awesome (San Diego, San Fran., Disneyland, etc.) but it is mostly awful.

As a gal born in California and currently living in the East, I have to say......you're absolutely right.

California is a fucking wasteland with palm trees.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have nothing coherent to say at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:13 pm

everyone has already said it all, can I help beat up the arses that did this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Worse than the DC Metropolitan area?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Verandering wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Penguin wrote:

...No. You got me there.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Penguin wrote:

...No. You got me there.

'Bout to say, we can hand California their ass when it comes to insanity on the roads around here.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Verandering wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Worse than Edmonton?
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Lapin wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Penguin wrote:

...No. You got me there.

'Bout to say, we can hand California their ass when it comes to insanity on the roads around here.

Word.
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:35 pm

Anything like Miami?
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
haha what

As a gal born in California and currently living in the East, I have to say......you're absolutely right.

California is a fucking wasteland with palm trees.
I love my home state...but I can't stand the Governator or the legislature. Bunch of fucking morons. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:10 pm

My oldest sister's lived in California since the early 1960s, and she's watched it go from the last bastion of Freedom of Expression to being more hidebound, homophobic and racist than anywhere in the deep south. She knows people who refuse to go to certain stores because there are foreigners working in them. Not illegal immigrants, but people who aren't 100% white whose ancestors didn't come over with the Pilgrims. Her brother-in law and his wife live across the street, are rabid Republicans, and basically spend all their time in a constant state of terror that 'they' are going to come to get them ('they' being anyone who isn't 100% white and straight).

She says if she didn't love where she lives and works so much, she'd move, but she's been there for close to 49 years, she turned 70 this year, she and her second husband own their house free and clear, and they can't just pull up stakes and leave.

But she's a rarity these days; someone who's non-racist, non-homophobic, and can't understand why the rest of the state seems to have gone crazy.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
But she's a rarity these days; someone who's non-racist, non-homophobic, and can't understand why the rest of the state seems to have gone crazy.

I don't know, but Sonoma would be the last place I would expect this kind of stuff to happen. They trend very liberal in elections, and overwhelmingly rejected Prop 8 when it was on the ballot.
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Heads really need to roll for this. Jail time, massive fines... The people responsible need to be sued into the ground and then jailed for a long, long time. To simply ignore a small mountain of legal documentation between these two people and just do whatever the fuck they like to them, to just steamroll their rights as if they aren't even human, is... All I can come up with at the moment is is "despicable", and that's not nearly strong enough.

If hell turns out to be anything like tradition would imply, these ageist, homophobic assholes surely deserve some time there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolvesmark.blogspot.com/
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:26 am

the asylum wrote:
Worse than Edmonton?

Canadian drivers aren't nearly as insane as your pedestrians, so I'd say yes.

Rabid Badger wrote:
My oldest sister's lived in California since the early 1960s, and she's watched it go from the last bastion of Freedom of Expression to being more hidebound, homophobic and racist than anywherein the deep south.

Historically, it means that California's just regressing back to the way it always was.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 am

So all the songs about California being rubbish are true then? I thought the rock stars were just being melodramatic.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 am

Homophobes: people who are so scared of gays that they need the weight
and power of a whole county behind them to throw a couple old fags out
in the street.
Those who draw cocks and assholes on your wall at night have more balls
than this, and that's saying all.

Maximilia wrote:
Agreed there. If nothing else, it's likely better evidence of ageism than homophobia. "Ah, that old fart won't do anything."

Ditto on the age and health consideration. The local hospital at first refused to take in my aunt, who was unable to walk more than a yard without sitting down, and wrote 'slight anemia' on the ER report (she had metastatic cancer and the exam results to prove it). One week before my aunt died, a nurse asked us for the clinical folder and when she returned it, the incriminating ER report had disappeared.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:28 am

TheHermit wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
I have nothing to add but a very frowny face and some fist shaking. I was under the impression California was one of the slightly better ones.

No democracy (technically the US and its states are republics but who really gives a shit, right?) has ever survived when simple, day-to-day actions like handling the budget requires a supermajority. Watch for California to go bankrupt within the next decade or so, and all the Republicans will be dancing in the streets waving their bloody knives high.

There's loads of places I'd like to visit. Your paranoid fantasyland? Not one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:53 am

The Unoriginal wrote:
One week before my aunt died, a nurse asked us for the clinical folder and when she returned it, the incriminating ER report had disappeared.
Remind me to keep photocopies if this ever becomes an issue.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:01 pm

gaijinguy wrote:

*clicks stopwatch*

Took you nearly 20 hours to respond that time. You're slipping.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:01 pm

"Just his roommate" is bullshit. I've known of long-term 'just roommates' or friends being permitted to see their friends or make important decisions when there's nobody else available. This was "Just a 77 year old homosexual. Maybe he'll die before we get caught."

This is just... the most disgusting thing I've ever seen with regards to homosexual discriminating. He lost his friend/lover/whatever, and they took all his posessions from him to pay for a nursing home he didn't need to be in because he was healthy.

It's nothing short of blatant theft by the state.

Oh, NOW the state gives a shit about old people? The fattest part of my ass they do. Since when did they EVER? Old people are second class citizens anyway, because of all the resources they suck up. States would have that little red gem that killed you off when you were 40 if they could get away with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:19 pm

TheHermit wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:

*clicks stopwatch*

Took you nearly 20 hours to respond that time. You're slipping.

Sorry, I was too busy masturbating.

Let me guess, you're gonna claim you predicted that too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next