Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!

Go down 
+13
Penguin
Glen
Delcat
Rabid Badger
Trioculus
Blooferlady
Keith Fraser
bleachedblackcat
Dr. Professor Science
Reepicheep-chan
Zeiss Manifold
theweirdkind
InkWeaver
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Penguin wrote:
That'd be awesome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:22 pm

The roster of the company publishing this thing (as seen on their website) is like the comics equivalent of a pile of dollar-store generic-brand plastic toys or one of those B-movies that's trying painfully hard to be like some better-known product (e.g. Titanic: The Legend Goes On). Comics based on movies known for being terrible, comics based on obscure properties, comics with insanely generic names like Judo Girl... And that's without mentioning the artwork. I hope the people writing/drawing this fifth-rate dreck are getting paid well enough to support some more worthwhile endeavour.

To take an example, check out this blurb:

Quote :
A new story from the cult film WARLOCK from Lionsgate. The Warlock is on a mission to destroy a book that contains a spell which imprisoned six other Warlocks. If the book manages to be destroyed, the dangerous Warlocks would be released back into the world free to cause chaos and destruction. It's up to a rag-tag group of people to prevent the Warlock from carrying out his plan.

Gods, just reading that makes me bored and depressed, it's so bland and uninspired (not to mention badly written).

Last edited by Keith Fraser on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:56 pm

I give you points for even understanding it. Everything on the site reads like this to me:

Quote :
A new marklar from the cult marklar MARKLAR from marklar. The Marklar is on a marklar to destroy a marklar that contains a marklar which imprisoned six other Marklar. If the marklar manages to be destroyed, the dangerous Marklars would be released back into the marklar free to cause marklar and marklar. It's up to a rag-tag marklar of marklars to prevent the Marklar from carrying out his marklar.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Quote :
A new story from the cult film WARLOCK from Lionsgate. The Warlock is on a mission to destroy a book that contains a spell which imprisoned six other Warlocks. If the book manages to be destroyed, the dangerous Warlocks would be released back into the world free to cause chaos and destruction. It's up to a rag-tag group of people to prevent the Warlock from carrying out his plan.
Wait, what? Dude, that was the movie that there was a HUGE fuss over because it "inspired" a fourteen-year-old to mutilate and kill a little kid. It was one of those early "VIOLENT MEDIA DRIVES CHILDREN TO DEPRAVITY" stories. That's pretty much the reason it's a cult film. Aaaand...now they're making a shitty comic book about it. That's...just kind of fucked up in a really roundabout sort of way.

ETA: Most I can find on it. It was a huge to-do in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:51 pm

That's not the only 'cult' so-bad-it's-good/so-bad-it's-horrible/maligned movie they've done tie-in comics for. There's also Leprechaun, for example. My guess is that the copyrights to these properties are either dirt cheap or bulk-owned by some associate of the publishers (LionsGate Films are mentioned in several places, if I remember correctly), so it's easy to do tie-ins. Presumably they figure a comic associated with any movie/TV show/other franchise will sell better than one that isn't. Looking at their few seemingly original titles, that's probably correct. The Stephanie Meyer comic will probably outsell everything else they produce combined 5-to-1.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:23 am

Ok, I finally finished reading this snark, and I have to say, the funniest line was on the back cover (no offense to you two):

"...beautifully drawn..." lolwut? That was some of the worst art in a professionally published comic I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Shingzyl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shingzyl

PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 am

Maximilia wrote:
Ok, I finally finished reading this snark, and I have to say, the funniest line was on the back cover (no offense to you two):

"...beautifully drawn..." lolwut? That was some of the worst art in a professionally published comic I've ever seen.

They probably studied under Rob Liefeld.
Back to top Go down
http://ryukirose3407.deviantart.com
Lemming Exodus

Lemming Exodus

PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:31 pm

She was a National Merit Scholar? Shit, I guess if they're that easy to get, I should stop telling colleges I got one...
Back to top Go down
Nightboomfer

Nightboomfer

PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Oh man that was epic. And now Edward actually looks like he's made of wood instead of just acting like it.

some QUALITY art here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!   STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

STEPHENIE MEYER: the woman, the artist, the journey, THE COMIC. Inky, Zeiss, and Smacula take a trip through Smeyer's life!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2