Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days Empty
PostSubject: Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days   Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 1:10 am

NOTE: While I'm familiar with the basic premise and characters, Teen Titans is somewhat outside of my fandoms. Additionally, from what I've read so far, this fic isn't all that bad. As such, please forgive me if I'm slow to warm up.

So Inky and I are doing a snark-swap, 'cause we are ~soul sistahs~ and junk, and because oh God was I ever your typical fanbrat as a kid. The fact is, I think most of us who discovered the Internet in our teenie years fell into some or all of the stereotypical fanbrat behaviors we've come to now dread. It's hard to tell whether this is a sociological response--natural imitations of our peers--or a mysterious set of teething pains that all teenage writers go through. Oddly, although the only outlet for my fanfiction was to physically print it out and dump it on the desk of a friend once every couple of weeks, and wasn't familiar with any fanfic sites at first, I had a number of familiar fanbrat trappings, such as "muses", OMG RANDOM!!11, and a stock plot that seemingly every other Pokemon writer spontaneously came up with at the same time.

Long story short, we were all there once, through whatever diabolical mechanations put us there. So it is with a gentle hand and a fond heart that I bring you Green With Envy, Inkweaver's first fanfic. IT'S HER FIRST TIME SO BE NICE GUYS!
Quote :
ShadowVixen90: Hey reader this is my first fanfic and I am not one of those people who asks everyone to be nice so be BRUTALLY honest!
Oh, uh, excuse me. IT'S HER FIRST TIME SO BE BRUTALLY HONEST GUYS! Always a good sign, really.
Quote :
ShadowVixen’s alter ego (Pippi): Hi guys!!

ShadowVixen90: RUUUUUUUNNNN!!!!

Pippi: What? *Cackles evily* By the way I would like to say now that my friend has run off, that we do not own the Teen Titans!

ShadowVixen: *Stops. Turns around* OH CRUEL, CRUEL WORLD!! AND WHO SAID WE WERE FRIENDS!?!?!

Pippi: *Pouts*
Less of a good sign, but nostalgic. Ah, those halcyon summer days, when all the exclamation points in the world stretched out before us...somebody hand me a guitar, man, I feel a rendition of "Seasons in the Sun" coming on.
Quote :
Yawning, Raven stepped out of bed and glanced at the clock that glared at her with its red blocky digits, as if screaming for her to wake up.
Ha ha, her Sue is named Raven! That is so--what? Hm? Canon? Oh, I see. Er...carry on.

The story opens on Raven having a nice brood. She's surrounded by noisy, silly gits who they don't understand her and her impeccable fashion sense.
Quote :
She slipped out of her simple, black nightgown and into her black long sleeved leotard. She clipped her jeweled belt on around her waist, watching disinterestedly as the ruby-red stones winked at her faintly. Her black above-ankle boots were next and then came her midnight blue cloak, pinned together upon her left shoulder by a broach with one of the same ruby-like stones from her belt.
Oh, for sport! What a ridiculous, overdone--huh? Canon? Again? God, you're not giving me much to work with, here.
Quote :
Raven glided down the stairs in and into the kitchen, in a leisurely manner, hoping to find some herbal tea to start her day with. To her dismay Beast Boy was standing with his back to her at the stove. She smelled something that resembled…her tea! She stared in a mildly angry way at the short, spiky-haired green boy. The shape-shifter was making her tea!
Beast Boy: Good morning! Here, I thought this would be a pleasant surprise!
Raven: Why, thank you! What a thoughtful gesture! I'm delighted!
Beast Boy: Ah, dear maiden, it's a pleasure to please. Shall we break our fast on the verandah?
Raven: But of course! Oh, what a joy it is to have friends!

...what? She's upset about it? Okay, now we're getting somewhere.
Quote :
“Well, see, I noticed how you drank this stuff every morning and I thought: Hey, why not? I should try some of this to see how it tastes.”
Raven sighed and shook her head. It was so like him. Always in other people’s stuff. Sometimes she actually had the urge to go in his room and see what he had in there. Probably, just a bunch of garbage and dirty clothes everywhere, she thought wryly.
Actually, he's been banking on the garbage smell to keep people away so no one will find out that he has five kidnapped Girl Scouts chained to the radiator. Nothing kinky, mind, he just freaking loves Thin Mints.

Raven reclaims a cup of tea and levitates to the roof, apparently straight through the ceiling, and sits with her legs "pretzel-style" to meditate, presumably on keeping her kneecaps from falling off. But suddenly...CONFLICT!
Quote :
WOOOOAAAP! WOOOOAAAP! WOOOOAAAP!
The alarm for the Titan Tower sounded loudly, interrupting her concentration. Oh well, guess I can finish this later. Raven drifted slowly downstairs into the main room where it looked like Beast Boy and Cyborg had just been cut off in the middle of an argument over their video game. The red siren lights overhead had just started to flash in a rotating style when Robin and Starfire entered.
Robin: Hey man, why you got to be like that?
Red Siren Lights: Don't cramp my style! My ROTATIN' style!

There's a bank robbery in progress--HOMG!--so the Titans leap into action--LEAP!
Quote :
The redheaded Tamaranian girl flew over to Robin and placed her delicate fingers beneath his arms for support. She flew out the open window of the Titans’ T-shaped tower to lead the way. Beast Boy shifted smoothly into a pterodactyl and latched his sharp talons onto the half man half robot, Cyborg’s shoulders. He beat his leathery green wings and soared out the open window, almost as though Cyborg weighed nothing.
...what? No, sorry, nothing to say here. Pterodactyls are cool, 's all.
Quote :
Raven sighed. Last as always. They never did like to wait. She flew swiftly out the window and into the open air. Her violet hair that reached her chin and usually curved to form-fit her face not rippled in wild torrents. She peered at the water below her and saw her own deep blue-violet eyes magnified and peering back at her. She thoroughly enjoyed the feel of the cool air on her milky-white skin. Although, from her face, you would never be able to tell.
Raven: YOU ALL SUCK YOU DORKS >(
Beast Boy: C'mon, this is fun! Look how many colors you are! Isn't that fun?
Raven: NO IT'S SUCKY >(
Beast Boy: Man, you're like a mood ring, except the little slip of paper that comes with you labels all your colors as "Angst".
Raven: DARNED STRAIGHT >(
Quote :
“It’s quiet, if I may use a cliché here, and it’s too quiet.”
Starfire looked quizzically in Robin’s direction. “What is a cliché, Robin friend?”
Robin: Your FACE is a cliche.
Starfire: Robin friend, you say all definitions are either my face or my mother. It is confusing.
Robin: Okay, your ASS is--
Beast Boy: Y7, Robin, Y7!
Quote :
Cyborg sweatdropped.
*~ANIME~*
Quote :
Raven followed suit as the others entered the building only to find it devoid of all human life. Or so they thought.
Cyborg: Wait, do those people dressed in animal costumes count?
Raven: Their psychic signatures are subhuman.
Robin: Whatever they are, they sure do like Beast Boy.
Beast Boy: HELP! HELP! I'M TOO YOUNG TO YIFF!
Quote :
A low chuckle emanated from the far corner of the room. “So…the Teen Titans. I was hoping you could make it.” A figure stepped from the place where the voice had come from and all of them directed their attention toward the movement. In the light, Raven could see that he had red hair and red eyes. Not a red like that of Starfire’s hair, but a deep blood red. Like the purest kind of blood, the kind that still runs through the veins of a living creature. Crimson.
Actually, blood that still runs through the veins of a living creature is blue, since it's moving towards the heart to be exposed to oxygen and made red again. That's why veins are...y'know...blue. But I guess saying "blood vessels" would add another "blood" into a paragraph already over its "blood" quota, so perhaps the author is trying to keep it from going critical in a "blood" blister. Oh God I am a dork.
Quote :
His hair stuck out in all directions and was long enough to be tied back into a small ponytail at the base of his neck. He was about Robin’s height and there was a smirk playing at the corners of his mouth.
“And who exactly are you?” Robin said with an irritated edge to his voice.
“Oh, I have many names…Robin isn’t it?…but you may call me…Rage.”
Rage: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!
Hulk: askoose me I am not in this series and anyway you are the wrong color, awmg.
Quote :
ShadowVixen90:Bum…Bum…BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!!!
Yes, I have one, it's fine, thank you.
Quote :
Okay cliffhanger!! Don’t you just love me?
Oh, you card, torturing us so! Well played, sir, well played indeed!
Quote :
Can anyone tell me what “A/N” means??
Awww, okay, snark aside, that is honestly adorable. Aw. Aww[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Those were the days, honey, those were the days.
Quote :
You know what to do, read and review.

Pippi: Hey!! That Rhymes!!

ShadowVixen90: *Scathing glare* Shut up!!

Pippi: Words hurt, you know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ShadowVixen: Know what hurts more? A keyboard across the face.
Pippi: Go ahead, maybe my FACE can write a better story.
ShadowVixen: Yeah, keep talkin', that's how muses get bruises, bitch.

Next time: more RAAAAAAAAGE!
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days   Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 am

Well, now that you've made this pants-pissingly funny, I don't feel so bad anymore. I shall endeavor to do the same to yours, fair Delcat.

parts that had me gasping for air:
Quote :
Quote:
Raven sighed. Last as always. They never did like to wait. She flew swiftly out the window and into the open air. Her violet hair that reached her chin and usually curved to form-fit her face not rippled in wild torrents. She peered at the water below her and saw her own deep blue-violet eyes magnified and peering back at her. She thoroughly enjoyed the feel of the cool air on her milky-white skin. Although, from her face, you would never be able to tell.

Raven: YOU ALL SUCK YOU DORKS >(
Beast Boy: C'mon, this is fun! Look how many colors you are! Isn't that fun?
Raven: NO IT'S SUCKY >(
Beast Boy: Man, you're like a mood ring, except the little slip of paper that comes with you labels all your colors as "Angst".
Raven: DARNED STRAIGHT >(

Good god, I never realized I was so obsessed with colors.

Quote :
Quote:
Okay cliffhanger!! Don’t you just love me?

Oh, you card, torturing us so! Well played, sir, well played indeed!

*SNERK* I was so clevarrrr

Quote :
Quote:
You know what to do, read and review.

Pippi: Hey!! That Rhymes!!

ShadowVixen90: *Scathing glare* Shut up!!

Pippi: Words hurt, you know
ShadowVixen: Know what hurts more? A keyboard across the face.
Pippi: Go ahead, maybe my FACE can write a better story.
ShadowVixen: Yeah, keep talkin', that's how muses get bruises, bitch.
If only my author notes had actually been like that, they might have been amusing.

AND YEAH MY FUCKING PENNAME *WAS* SHADOWVIXEN90, WGW. WHAT OF IT?!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days   Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 7:55 pm

And this is why I am extremely glad that the fanfic I wrote as a teenager was written by hand in spiral bound notebooks, which have long since mouldered into dust.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days   Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 pm

I wish I could find my old shitty fiction, but I am pretty sure it does not exist anymore.

Quote :
Robin: Your FACE is a cliche.
Starfire: Robin friend, you say all definitions are either my face or my mother. It is confusing.
Robin: Okay, your ASS is--

Haha, after a while I would probably tell Starfire that, but then I am a bad person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days   Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days Empty

Back to top Go down

Green With Envy: A fic filled with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE from Inky's early days
Page 1 of 1