Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?

Go down 
+41
Reepicheep-chan
Miss Prince
Braigwen
Somath Cegem
grmblfjx
Reidmar
Dr. Professor Science
Mr.Doobie
InkWeaver
Verandering
VileCorp
Spooky
Indigo
KGarrett
Root Admin
Kitbug
Mafiosa
theweirdkind
Delcat
Jossarian
crazzycat
Alhazred
Maximilia
Chaltab
Mikey Go WOOGA
Atramentua
Penguin
Lysander
Alana
DarthDarthington
Notomys mordax
unskilled78
Animir
AngryRobotsInc
Manny
Miraba
Electron Blue
rae
saeku
myeerah
King Bee
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:54 pm

I don't know why I was going to let this go, so...

Spooky wrote:
you all used to be these bitchy-ass insult comics of the Internet

Ha ha. No.

Did you even visit GAFF?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 6:23 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Dr. Professor Science wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
scratch

Kitty!
It was supposed to be a reaction image... testing the water... falling in... bolting...

I suck.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 pm

I'd rather earn my e-cred normally, which is by hard work and talking to people.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Spooky wrote:
And I'm sure you read every single word of something by Tuxedo Mark?
Um, yeah, that's a really good comparison, terrible amateur undesirable smutfic v. professional game someone paid money for. Anyway, the point here isn't that he skipped the cutscenes, it's that he skipped them and then used them to judge the plot. If he wanted to play the game without the cutscenes, that's all well and good, but it's stupid to then say "Yeah, I didn't understand the ending or like the plot" when he didn't know anything about either.
Spooky wrote:
If I'm playing a game, and the cutscenes are boring enough for me to skip them the first time around, that's a legitimate complaint about the game.
He didn't say they were boring, he said he just skipped them, implying he was too impatient to pay attention.
Spooky wrote:
Just like 'That book was so bad I couldn't be arsed to keep reading it' is a legitimate opinion.
It's more like saying "I thought that book was boring, but instead of putting it down, I decided to skip every other chapter" and then claiming it sucked.
Spooky wrote:
And also, I believe the 'oh snap' is a self-aware reference to the triteness of the preceeding comment.
Yes, I understand how "oh snap" works. More specifically, I understand that it's a cheap attempt to make something that wasn't funny to begin with funny via irony, and that it rarely succeeds. It's stock funny. It's like making a lame joke and tacking on a laughtrack.
Spooky wrote:
Every single thread used to be entertaining to read, even if I had no idea who these 'Inuyasha' or whatever people were. Now, it just seems to be people posting about stuff they don't like,
without any attempt to make their posts entertaining or even readable
beyond basic adherance to whatever draconian rules of grammar/formality
the people with the highest post counts decide is applicable.
It must be hard to type with your nostalgia goggles fogging up like that.

I mean, seriously.

Holy shit.
Spooky wrote:
Then why did you scare him off?
Because--and I am being dead serious, here--it's gentler in the long run. If he continued on like that, he would have made himself a laughingstock, and that would just be regrettable all around. It's better that he do some growing up and come back when he's mature enough to participate.
Spooky wrote:
But then, I actually know Jossarian.
Then why the fuck didn't you say that to begin with?

ETA:
Verandering wrote:
Come on, ladies. Seriously? Seriously? I thought we did this already about forty times.
Um, us ladies or them ladies? Or both ladies? ...sorry, it's confusing |D
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 am

I swear, if I hear one more person pretend that GAFF was all glorious all the time, I'm gonna...

actually, let me get back to you on that.
Back to top Go down
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:49 am

I thought this thread was about bad video game endings. Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 309696
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:27 am

Too much bitching, not enough video games.

Old school but the ending to Super Mario Bros 3.

BITCH I WILL PUNCH YOU THE SOUL! 7 YEAR OLDS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE HEART ATTACKS!
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

In the beginning of the game, you have these intrepid young teenagers who are entrusted with an entire ship. Why? Because their Spechul!

How does it end?

In a nutshell; the whole adventure was pointless. Everything goes back to the way it was and although the bad guys are destroyed, progress is never made. Their all back where they started with the exception of the Spock to Edge's Kirk, Faize who is still dead.

Although the battle with his possessed form which happened to be Gundam Wing Galvetron with Sepheroth's self destructive complex resulted in Faize going back to normal; it was all pointless because the emo green haired punktard sunk into his own dispair which is what got him in trouble in the first place and chose to give up and die.

He didn't die to save the hero, he didn't do anything awesome. He just gave up.

I call bullshit.

Anyway, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Which is why the Eldarians abandon all their technology to live like nomads on some world that was thought to be their utopia even though the people who are also descendants of the Eldarians can hardly scratch out a living from it.

Yes...taking logic out to the shed and beating it to death with a shovel is what Final Fantasy Star Ocean does best.

The whole game was pointless. The cinematic could have gone right from the beginning straight to the end without anything in between and it would have made more sense than the whole game played through did.

Oh yea...Then they retcon the whole thing by having Faize show up on Lemuris, give little Lymle a flower and SHINE IN THE LIGHT OF HEAVEN!!!
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Didn't notice if anyone else mentioned this, but... Indigo Prophecy (also known as Fahrenheit outside the USA.)

It starts out as a somewhat realistic, very gripping Lynchian/Hitchcockian mystery-thriller that evokes tension and fuzzy-wuzzies for being so awesome. Then, maybe about 2/3 of the way through, thanks to the dev team running out of time and money, the story veers off into this ridiculous sci-fi bullshit and your guy is wallrunning and suddenly becoming a martial arts expert.

Plus, there's the horribly cliched "falling in love with you after I've only known you for a day" trope, characters being stuffed into the fridge, and other major characters just disappearing from the story with no resolution. Just... look it up, go on the Gamefaqs forum for it or something, and read about the tragedy of how great this game could have been compared to what it actually became.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:09 pm

DarthDarthington wrote:
Plus, there's the horribly cliched "falling in love with you after I've only known you for a day" trope, characters being stuffed into the fridge, and other major characters just disappearing from the story with no resolution.

thank you Watchmen Funnies
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:26 pm

DarthDarthington wrote:
Didn't notice if anyone else mentioned this, but... Indigo Prophecy (also known as Fahrenheit outside the USA.)

It starts out as a somewhat realistic, very gripping Lynchian/Hitchcockian mystery-thriller that evokes tension and fuzzy-wuzzies for being so awesome. Then, maybe about 2/3 of the way through, thanks to the dev team running out of time and money, the story veers off into this ridiculous sci-fi bullshit and your guy is wallrunning and suddenly becoming a martial arts expert.

Plus, there's the horribly cliched "falling in love with you after I've only known you for a day" trope, characters being stuffed into the fridge, and other major characters just disappearing from the story with no resolution. Just... look it up, go on the Gamefaqs forum for it or something, and read about the tragedy of how great this game could have been compared to what it actually became.

Oh yes, all of this. I was so excited and it was SO awesome and then suddenly it all just fell over.

Still pissed about that.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:20 pm

nvmnd
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:38 pm

For all its delicious choices and decision-making, Dragon Age: Origins ultimately has only two possible endings:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Aggie wrote:
For all its delicious choices and decision-making, Dragon Age: Origins ultimately has only two possible endings:

Spoiler:

Ah, but your forgetting
Spoiler:

That and there are loads of other things that vary, like what happens with the dwarves and mages and so on, and where you go if you live (including running off with sten, for serious)
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:06 pm

KoTOR 2. Anyone who's played the game knows what I'm talking about.
God DAMMIT. So anticlimactic and fail. So clearly unfinished and very, very broken. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Electron Blue wrote:
KoTOR 2. Anyone who's played the game knows what I'm talking about.
God DAMMIT. So anticlimactic and fail. So clearly unfinished and very, very broken. *sigh*

Light side or dark side? I only finished the game on the Dark Side, so. . .
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 pm

It's the same both ways, the only thing that changes is whether you turn Malachor V into more rubble than it already is.

The problem with KotOR2's ending is that, had it not been rushed, it would've been worse; your entire party would've died instead of just poofing out of existance, systematically killed by Kreia and possibly Scion depending on certain variables. If playing a dark-sided female, Atton would kill the Disciple, for example. If light-side and you went through the trouble of making Atton a Jedi, Scion would find him, start a fight, walk away after cutting Atton's arm off because he just didn't give a flying fuck to begin with...and then Atton would go after him again, prompting Scion to make a game out of seeing how long Atton would last in a game of "use my lightsaber to make you look like me."

One positive thing would've come out of a finished ending; had the end worked as intended, your alignment would determine who Darth Traya is; a light-side ending would have Kreia, after her "hahahaha I'm smarter then you are, bitch" scene with Atris, let Atris take that mantle instead of...locking her in with the Sith holocrons, or whatever it was we were supposed to infer she did. Atris would've been the final boss. I gladly would've traded the lives of my party for this, as I seem to be the only one who played this game thinking Kreia was one of the better characters to come along in the genre in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Kreia was still the same character even as Darth Traya - it was just appearance, as far as I could tell. So she's still a fucking awesome character and my hat goes off to the writer.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:00 pm

After reading the LP of KotOR 2 I seriously cannot imagine a way to interpret Kreia's character in a way that she is NOT Darth Traya, or that anyone else being Darth Traya would make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 pm

I wish LucasArts hadn't forced the early release, I thought KotOR2 was absolutely brilliant until I hit the ending. Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 309696
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:02 am

Especially the way it integrated RPG mechanics that are all blatant game-isms into the plot. "People blindly follow you around" indeed...

As far as I'm concerned, the real "Why did it end this way?" is, "Why does this series not get a real KotOR3 and is instead getting topped off with MMOKOTOR?" Srsly Bioware whyyyyyyyy?

I suppose it just leaves me room for my own personal canon, though. Clearly, the "true threat" alluded to in KotOR2 are actually the Reapers, and no one knows where Revan is because he found the Mass Relay they built to leave the galaxy, poked it, and ended up in the Milky Way.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Indigo wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
He criticizes a game you like and you all jump on him and accuse him of trolling

I'm British. Don't change my spelling when it's already correct.

You're a subhuman blight upon this Earth. You need to fix that.

Aggie wrote:
Aggie's Post

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:08 am

Manny wrote:
AngryRobotsInc wrote:
While I liked the gameplay of X-2, I didn't like that it took that ending, and forced it to be a happy one, which I think ruins the emotional impact of X's ending.

I couldn't agree more!

After calming down and reading your post, you made me realize that the reason X's ending was ruined for me is because of X-2's ending.

I hate stupid retcons. Don't you hate stupid retcons, Captain?

Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 199471

I thought so.

I sucked so bad at FFX-2 that I didn't get the happy ending. Ending of X saved! Yay!

Delcat wrote:
Indigo wrote:
Defensive much? He criticises a game you like and you all jump on him and accuse him of trolling. Grow up a little.
I have no idea what game is being discussed, I've never played it. And I was being dead serious. When you post with that kind of grammar on a board that mocks bad grammar, it's just embarrassing for all parties involved.
Spooky wrote:
It's like you all used to be these bitchy-ass insult comics of the
Internet, and now you're coming off as feeble radioactive
basement-dwellers calling someone teh ghey 'cause he doesn't like the
same games as you.
Uh, we're not objecting to someone having a differing opinion, we're objecting to someone being aggressively clueless--i.e., skipping what sounds like the majority of a game and then claiming it sucks.
Spooky wrote:
The guy is talking the same way we all used to.
Nnnno, I'm pretty fuckin' sure that nobody got away with that kind of cruelty to English on GAFF.
Spooky wrote:
He's actually being pretty funny.
Jossarian wrote:
If I wanted to read I'd pick up a book. (oh snap)
Yeah, that...that's some biting wit, right there. Biting wit and an ingrained resistance to the written word.
Spooky wrote:
This is exactly the kind of talk I went to GAFF for - the your mum jokes with an actual sense of humour
If you're going to call out people for being unfunny, go ahead and name names, so we can better understand how we displease you. Go on. I'll wait.
Spooky wrote:
Gah, no wonder I hardly post here any more.
Well, our enjoyment certainly was hinging on your approval, I can tell you that. By the way, is that you being really sad in your avatar?

Actually, you know the most important thing here? If you guys HAD paid attention, you might have noticed that he posted that over two weeks ago and hasn't been back here siiiince...the eighth, by his profile. You are essentially getting butthurt on behalf of someone who posted less than a dozen times, got bored, and wandered off.

Just as importantly, I genuinely liked the kid. I have a soft spot for all n00bs. You, on the other hand, Spooky, are seriously pissing me off with your sanctimonious whinging. It's one thing to stand up for a guy, I have no problem with that, but this is clearly more about you whining about board quality in the guise of white knighting. If you have something to say, just say it, don't pretend like it's a fucking crusade for righteousness.

Isn't this swell?

Delcat, if we'd had you as a first minister, the cabinet wouldn't have fallen. Please tell me you frequently enter into debates and eloquently swipe whining people under the carpet just like this--and that you record those debates. I think I'd enjoy listening to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?   Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, Gody, Why did this game end this way?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4