Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*

Go down 
+35
Violet
JadeAngel
Thanos6
SokMunkie
Bad Luck Charm
Lady Anne
Glen
Grimley Fieendish
Delcat
Twonky
Miss Prince
Mr.Doobie
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Mafiosa
grmblfjx
Yattara
Manny
Sparrow
Braigwen
theweirdkind
Mary Sue
EileenK98
Animir
Zeiss Manifold
Trioculus
Rabid Badger
unskilled78
Fairlight
Lapin
Somath Cegem
frostflowers
Dr. Professor Science
ZoZo
Spotts1701
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* Empty
PostSubject: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:47 pm

It's that time again, everyone! As the radio stations switch to 24-hour holiday music, and as the stores go wall-to-wall with the 9,540th recording of "Jingle Bell Rock", post what holiday music is more likely to make you turn into an utter Grinch.

For me it's:

The Christmas Shoes - For a relatively recent Christmas song, this one gets under my skin like no other. It's beyond glurge...it's like glurge doused in strawberry syrup and then rolled in raw sugar before it's shoved down your throat.

Little Saint Nick (Hanson cover only) - No. Just no. Hanson, you are NOT the Beach Boys. The Beach Boys made it work. You made it into a trainwreck.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:13 pm

That Slade one. The one where he goes IIIIIIIIIIIT'S CHIIIIRSTMAS! Makes me want to stab.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:15 pm

I hate Christmas carols in general, especially The Christmas Shoes (mostly because the message of the song makes me retch). The only traditional one I can stand is the Carol of the Bells.
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:49 pm

... Ikea in Stockholm starts spitting Christmas songs through their speakers in September. Yeah. Makes you wanna stab something.

There are only a few Christmas songs I like - most of it just sounds like any old generic schlock with some extra seasonal words tacked on here and there - like a lyrical equivalent of Pin The Tail On The Donkey.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 pm

ZoZo wrote:
That Slade one. The one where he goes IIIIIIIIIIIT'S CHIIIIRSTMAS! Makes me want to stab.

Why yes, I am a bastard, thank you for noticing.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:17 pm

frostflowers wrote:
... Ikea in Stockholm starts spitting Christmas songs through their speakers in September. Yeah. Makes you wanna stab something.

There are only a few Christmas songs I like - most of it just sounds like any old generic schlock with some extra seasonal words tacked on here and there - like a lyrical equivalent of Pin The Tail On The Donkey.

Thank for Ikea by the way! It made my Christmas shopping much easier.

...On topic:

I can beat you all. Know how? I work at a salon in the mall. Do you know what my mall thought would be a treat for the shoppers? Costumed carolers.

There are carolers walking around singing. On top of the holiday music.

I will kill before this season is over.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Lapin wrote:
I can beat you all.

Costumed carolers.

There are carolers walking around singing. On top of the holiday music.
Sorry, but I can beat that. Electric faux-Victorian barrel organs which play two songs each on a permanent loop. And they stay in the same place all day right outside the shop I work in.
Not that summer's any better with the one-man-band and banjo playing pearly king.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Only Christmas Carol I can stand?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Animir
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Animir

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:01 pm

On the Chanukah end of things, I fucking loathe the Dreidel Song, mostly because it was always the token Chanukah song in the school holiday concert when I was a little kid.

Rabid Badger wrote:
Also, I agree with Spotts. Nobody but the Beach Boys are allowed to play 'Little Saint Nick.'
I'm rather partial to the cover the Muppets did, but that may be the nostalgia talking.

Okay, how come my spellcheck recognizes "Chanukah's," but not "Chanukah?" It's not like the possessive is widely used.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Don't. Fucking. Get. Me. Started.
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:40 pm

Ahem.

It should be noted that the term "carol" refers to only traditional Christmas songs like "O Holy Night" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem", not modern secular Christmas songs.

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:08 pm

I hate "Sleigh Ride"... probably because I suck at playing it on the clarinet.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:18 pm

Holiday ClusterF*ck!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 am

Nostalgia Chick's Top 10 Disturbing and Inescapable Christmas Songs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:41 am

Antidote: The Twelve Days of Christmas, Irish Style, by Frank Kelly:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'M A BROKEN MAN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Yattara
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Yattara

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 8:03 am

Slade's song, along with Chris Rhea's Home for Christmas, are the only two I can stand to hear more than once.

The rest make me want to stab someone. And that is without having ever been subjected to Christmas Shoes, for which I am very, very thankful.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 8:22 am

Jingle Bells. Fucking Jingle Bells.

Most other songs I can live with.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:59 am

Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 am

grmblfjx wrote:

I just saw a bulletin that had a drawing of Santa with jet engines on the side of his sleigh. With nuts and bolts flying out of the exhaust.

"Jingle bolts, jingle bolts, jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a FODless F-15."

It doesn't rhyme. It doesn't even make sense in the context of the picture.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:18 am

grmblfjx wrote:

This is just for you, my darling Grmbl:

Me, I don't mind Christmas-songs too much, but, besides my general lack of taste, this might also have to do with the fact that we're not pelted to death with all kinds of horrible carols as soon as the 1st of November rolls around.
My tolerance exempts Last Christmas, by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:25 am

Wah! Basshunter! That dude needs to either stop making music or go die in a fire.

He has had quite enough Swedish media attention to last him a lifetime, thank you very much. Everything he churns out is mediocre crap at best, ear-burning shit at worst, and he is so arrogant at any time he turns up in the papers or on TV that it makes me want to slap him.

I mean, he even used the good old "They're just jealous!" excuse when dismissing his critics in the last interview I came across.

... and that is officially one of the worst versions of Jingle Bells I've ever come across.

/rant.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:59 pm

grmblfjx wrote:

The only version of Jingle Bells I can stand is Jimmy Buffett's. Unfortunately I couldn't find a Youtube link. If anyone has better luck, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* Empty

Back to top Go down

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next