Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*

Go down 
+35
Violet
JadeAngel
Thanos6
SokMunkie
Bad Luck Charm
Lady Anne
Glen
Grimley Fieendish
Delcat
Twonky
Miss Prince
Mr.Doobie
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Mafiosa
grmblfjx
Yattara
Manny
Sparrow
Braigwen
theweirdkind
Mary Sue
EileenK98
Animir
Zeiss Manifold
Trioculus
Rabid Badger
unskilled78
Fairlight
Lapin
Somath Cegem
frostflowers
Dr. Professor Science
ZoZo
Spotts1701
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Is anyone else familiar with the obnoxious clusterfuck that is Barbara Streisand's version of "Jingle Bells"? Words can't describe how horrid and mind boggling that cover is!

Not only that, but the other day at work I heard a gangsta-rap version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Is anyone else familiar with the obnoxious clusterfuck that is Barbara Streisand's version of "Jingle Bells"? Words can't describe how horrid and mind boggling that cover is!

I'm very fond of that cover. I like it much better than the original, which is the only Christmas song I'm sick of.

I like most Christmas songs; I don't work in retail or listen to the radio with any regularity, so I don't have the overplay backlash some folks do. Eventually every Christmas song ever written will be listed in this post.
Back to top Go down
Twonky

Twonky

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm

An antidote to crappy Christmas music:

Best. Christmas. Song. Ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 am

I haven't heard it yet this year, but last year I remember hearing this version of "Jingle Bells" where the lady was singing it so fast. It was like she downed a six-pack of Red Bull and took a bunch of speed before going into the recording studio.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 pm

The most annoying Christmas song I've ever heard was the one where the dogs bark Jingle Bells. Worse yet, when it came on the radio yesterday, my bloodhound heard it and started baying along.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:24 pm

Bad Luck Charm wrote:
I haven't heard it yet this year, but last year I remember hearing this version of "Jingle Bells" where the lady was singing it so fast. It was like she downed a six-pack of Red Bull and took a bunch of speed before going into the recording studio.
Try this for a possible antidote.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Bad Luck Charm wrote:

I think you're talking about the Barbara Streisand version. Does she hold out sleigh as a really ugly, flat "SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" at the end? If she does, it's Barbara Streisand.

And you've only heard it last year? God, that monstrosity has been around forever!
Back to top Go down
SokMunkie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
SokMunkie

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:12 am

I hate most Christmas songs, mostly because it's the same songs recorded over and over again. It's more overkill than anything.

John Lennon and Yoko Ono's song Merry Christmas (War is Over) would be okay if it weren't for that section near the end with the children and their off-key caterwauling.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 4:21 pm

No one, not even the Beach Boys, should be allowed to get away with Little Saint Nick.

Most Christmas songs I don't mind, just the fact that they take over practically every AM/FM radio station for more than a month. Thank God for satellite.
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:09 am

Now, I know most of you don't like "Last Christmas" by Wham, but it happens to be one of my favourites. So, you can imagine my outrage when I found out that Taylor Swift of all people, did a re-make of it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JadeAngel

JadeAngel

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen... prepare to enter the seventh level of hell.

Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:41 pm

What...what....(pain shoots through temple)AGH! Can't take the amount of annoying!
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:59 pm

You guys are no fun. I like to think of Christmas as the one time of year where I can listen to the cheesiest music ever (think Mariah Carey and Feliz Navidad). I mean, obviously, there are some stinkers out there, but to be quite honest, what I love about Christmas is that the radio stations actually play songs released earlier than six months ago.
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:18 pm

JadeAngel wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen... prepare to enter the seventh level of hell.

(Christmas Macarena)
That's not the Christmas Macarena that I know... I'm disturbed that there's more than of them around.

Last edited by Violet on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:13 am

Mary Sue wrote:
You guys are no fun. I like to think of Christmas as the one time of year where I can listen to the cheesiest music ever (think Mariah Carey and Feliz Navidad). I mean, obviously, there are some stinkers out there, but to be quite honest, what I love about Christmas is that the radio stations actually play songs released earlier than six months ago.

You don't work retail, do you?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:28 am

Here's an antidote for you:

Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:35 am

Lady Anne wrote:
[Merry Fucking Christmas]

This, along with Monty Python's "Ho Ho Fucking Ho", was my ultimate antidote after a day of Christmas music working at the mall, hearing "Rudolf" at least four times, "Frosty" twice, various versions of "Jingle Bells" (including the one with the fucking dogs barking it) and Paul Mc-fucking-Cartneys "SIMPLY... HAAAAAVING... A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME!" (may he be hung by his nutsack for that one) multiple times. It is just so over-the-top intentionally offensive it made my heart smile.

My biggest HAET songs: Aforementioned McCartney song, "Christmas Shoes" ( It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 556166 ), "Feliz Navidad" as performed by Boney M (my mother dearest LOVED this thing and would play it up and down when I was a kid, thus the scarring) and "Last Christmas" (mainly the Wham! version, although I can live without hearing that song altogether).

And finally, seconding rae's last post. People who complain about retail workers hating Christmas songs must have never had the delightful experience of repeatedly getting yelled at by douchebags while having their eardrums assaulted with this glurge for eight hours straight (no, you can't even get away from it in the break room).
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 am

CHRIIIIISTMAAAAS TIIIIIIIIME
DOON'T LET THE BEEEEELLS EEEEEENNNNNDDDD

CHRIIIIIISTMAAAAAS TIIIIIIIIIIME
DOOON'T LET THE BEEEELLS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNDDDDDDD

excuse me, mr singing man, why don't you have any testicles?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next