Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*

Go down 
+35
Violet
JadeAngel
Thanos6
SokMunkie
Bad Luck Charm
Lady Anne
Glen
Grimley Fieendish
Delcat
Twonky
Miss Prince
Mr.Doobie
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Mafiosa
grmblfjx
Yattara
Manny
Sparrow
Braigwen
theweirdkind
Mary Sue
EileenK98
Animir
Zeiss Manifold
Trioculus
Rabid Badger
unskilled78
Fairlight
Lapin
Somath Cegem
frostflowers
Dr. Professor Science
ZoZo
Spotts1701
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:06 am

Oh, you penis. I had forgotten that song existed until now. It will now be in my head until the next time I hear Poker Face It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 309696
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:54 am

Saleha wrote:
And finally, seconding rae's last post. People who complain about retail workers hating Christmas songs must have never had the delightful experience of repeatedly getting yelled at by douchebags while having their eardrums assaulted with this glurge for eight hours straight (no, you can't even get away from it in the break room).

In some places, they even play the music in the bathrooms. Those are places I usually leave in a hurry. I want some PEACE AND QUIET while I'm taking a shit, thank you! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:54 am

Mary Sue wrote:
You guys are no fun. I like to think of Christmas as the one time of year where I can listen to the cheesiest music ever (think Mariah Carey and Feliz Navidad). I mean, obviously, there are some stinkers out there, but to be quite honest, what I love about Christmas is that the radio stations actually play songs released earlier than six months ago.

Okay, let me explain. I work in a mall. A mall where they have played Christmas music non-stop since Halloween. A mall where they have carolers walking around singing. You try listening to the same damn glurge for that long and then you try to repress the urge to break the speakers. I have the awesome good luck of them not playing that awful "Christmas Shoes" song though. They play this cutely creepy piano version of "Revenge of the Sugar Plum Fairy" instead.

I swear though, those carolers are killing me though.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:52 am

See, this is when I'm actually thankful that Target didn't play music. I already hated Christmas enough thanks to retail shopping.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Look. AAFES. Can we talk? Yeah, it's about your Christmas albums. I, uh, I don't know why you chose to go with a group that basically just covered every one of Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters' versions of Christmas songs. I mean, I know that Christmas songs are all repeated by different people over the years, but these songs were just identical, note for note, word for word, with different singers. And I gotta tell you, it just doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:29 pm

It was pretty bad back when I used to be a DJ for my small town's radio station. Thanks to the station manager's edicts, I had to carry the guilt of being responsible for inundating the airwaves with Christmas songs.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Here's an antidote that was forwarded to me (at least, it's an antidote for Californians):

Quote :
Arnold Got Run Over By A Reindeer

(Parody of Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer by Elmo & Patsy)

Arnold got run over by a reindeer
Driving around in his Hummer Christmas Eve
Some folks say there's no such thing as Santa
But as for Californians, we believe.

Arnold thought we really loved him
But even little children know
Santa knows who's been real naughty
In the place that never snows.

Lobbyists found him Christmas morning
Face down in the Cajon Pass
There were hoof marks on his Hummer
And a broken reindeer antler up his oh-ho-ho-ho.

Driving in his Hummer Christmas Eve
You can say there's no such thing as karma
But if you saw those hoof marks you'd believe.

Now don't you ever blame it on the reindeer
His fans say it really sucks
But don't you ever blame it on the reindeer
'Cause I'm the one who gave him fifty bucks.

Sing it!

Now he's not around on Christmas Day
He was hopin' he'd be cuttin' education
Instead Santa said "There's just no way."
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 am

Some suggestions for people looking for some outside-the-box holiday cheer (not to be confused with my downright cynical Christmas music, of which I have a full playlist):

Harry Nilsson--Remember (Christmas)
Sufjan Stevens--The Friendly Beasts (Actually, Sufjan Stevens has an entire Christmas album of mostly original music, but some of it's really depressing)
Monty Python--Christmas in Heaven
65 Days of Christmas--I'm Dreaming of a White Noise Christmas
Relient K--Merry Christmas, Here's to Many More (Religious)
Ani DiFranco--The Christians and the Pagans (There, that balances it)
The Royal Guardsman--Snoopy and the Red Baron's Christmas
The entire Muppet Christmas Carol soundtrack (and watch it while you're at it, it rocks SO FREAKING HARD)
No Doubt--Oi to the World
Fountains of Wayne--I Want an Alien for Christmas

Peace out, guys, and happy holidays.

...and yes, I can type up my cynical/depressing Christmas playlist if anyone wants it.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 6:40 am

Seconding the Snoopy and the Red Baron song--that's a cool song that gets the spirit of the season without being glurgy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 7:40 am

Every single Christmas song annoys the hell out of me. For about three weeks I had to do night shift alone by myself in a practically empty mall. When there was no people around to create noise, all you could hear were the carols playing over... and over... and over... echoing in the hallways. Until I was actually allowed to close up shop and finally put my MP3 player on, those carols just drove me mad. D:<
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:17 am

Lapin wrote:
Mary Sue wrote:
You guys are no fun. I like to think of Christmas as the one time of year where I can listen to the cheesiest music ever (think Mariah Carey and Feliz Navidad). I mean, obviously, there are some stinkers out there, but to be quite honest, what I love about Christmas is that the radio stations actually play songs released earlier than six months ago.

Okay, let me explain. I work in a mall. A mall where they have played Christmas music non-stop since Halloween. A mall where they have carolers walking around singing. You try listening to the same damn glurge for that long and then you try to repress the urge to break the speakers. I have the awesome good luck of them not playing that awful "Christmas Shoes" song though. They play this cutely creepy piano version of "Revenge of the Sugar Plum Fairy" instead.

I swear though, those carolers are killing me though.

I guess you're right. I have worked retail, though not at Christmastime. I hated, absolutely hated, the Top 40 radio station that would constantly be playing. I'd think of Christmas tunes as a nice break, but constant anything is annoying, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:47 am

Eight times. That's how many times I heard 'Santa, Baby' during a seven hour shift tonight. :unskilled78: I used to like that song!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*   It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM* - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...*BOOM*
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3