Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MorningSquirts.com

Go down 
+42
Kitbug
Reepicheep-chan
Psy-4
Maximilia
Sparrow
Narwhal
Anon_Lurker
Penguin
grmblfjx
Malganis
Fruitcake
Fitchsticks
Lurv
Ceres
Yattara
unskilled78
Waffles
Notomys mordax
fishstickhater
Cyberwulf
Zeiss Manifold
Sorsa A. Jänis
ZoZo
theweirdkind
Somath Cegem
Knight
Shisaiga
Lapin
Seule
Mae Bedlam
Dr. Professor Science
Lady Anne
Root Admin
Bamshalam
Spotts1701
InkWeaver
caffeine addict
frostflowers
slimredninja
Mafiosa
Aggie
Braigwen
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Oh...oh my.

I was drawing better than this in Drawing II. Your angles are terrible! My gawd, that base camp thing, that makes my head hurt. What is wrong with guard tower? Hell, what's right with the guard tower? The base does not match up, the supports are not at the right visual angle...

And the car's windshield! What, is the car asymmetrical?

And what is with that man? The one looking all serious with his gun cocked in the air? He doesn't fit in the scene at all. He looks all serious and battle-victorious, not like the lizard man casually smoking. (Why are the lizard man's hands so disproportionate to his head?) And the other man, with the com...his face is sliding away! Is that some kind of disease in that world?! Faceslidingoffigus?

And the close-up in the front, of the female officer, why is she tilted like that? Her head isn't tilted. Is she standing on an incline?

The shocking amount of over-detail is what really kills the picture. The viewer has no idea where to look.

Really, you're not terrible, but you could really stand to gain from more professional training. You really don't deserve any of the arrogance you're expressing. I've seen Drawing III students, people who have been drawing for just a year and a half most of the time, do work that's loads better than this, and you've supposedly been drawing for years.

Also, I wouldn't brag about being published in Hustler, or brag that you have a vaguely well-known comic on the Internet. The latter can be repeated over a dozen times by anyone with a tablet and access to the Internet. The former...well, call us when you've been published in a real magazine, eh?
Back to top Go down
slimredninja
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
slimredninja

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Nihilist wrote:
slimredninja wrote:
Seule wrote:
Hey hey mister

How do you become so "successful" while being such an awful artist/writer/person?

Tell me, so that I may learn. :teach:

I contribute it all to my huge cock it has given me the confidence to always know I'm pretty awesome no matter what others may think of me.

Then why are you defending yourself? Surely someone with such an infallible ego such as yours wouldn't even bother to come here.

Draw me Khan fucking Kirk in the ass and going "KHAAAAAAAN!" please. Show me how awesome you are, I remain convinced that the caked-on grease on my pot could draw better. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't take yourself so seriously.

I'm sorry your so used to victims who take your childish attacks with out fighting back. Also I'm currently putting minimal effort into defense so I hope thats not all you got. I'm posting on multiple forums while multitasking twitter/myspace/face book and following the games and my fantasy football leagues. "Why are you defending yourself" Is that what you used to say to the little kids you bullied in school? or maybe that's your come on line with women.
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Oh look, Nihilist, he's insulting your hypothetical prowess with women! Aren't you glad he's keeping this classy and on topic?

Hey slim - are those other forum-posts about defending your boring, badly drawn comic as well?
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Nihilist wrote:
your freedom to be an idiot is something I'm willing to defend. Razz
I'm sigging this~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:21 pm

slimredninja wrote:
I'm posting on multiple forums while multitasking twitter/myspace/face book and following the games and my fantasy football leagues.

Are... are you proud of that?

MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 203843

oh yeah and PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
Back to top Go down
slimredninja
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
slimredninja

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Lapin wrote:
Oh...oh my.

I was drawing better than this in Drawing II. Your angles are terrible! My gawd, that base camp thing, that makes my head hurt. What is wrong with guard tower? Hell, what's right with the guard tower? The base does not match up, the supports are not at the right visual angle...

And the car's windshield! What, is the car asymmetrical?

And what is with that man? The one looking all serious with his gun cocked in the air? He doesn't fit in the scene at all. He looks all serious and battle-victorious, not like the lizard man casually smoking. (Why are the lizard man's hands so disproportionate to his head?) And the other man, with the com...his face is sliding away! Is that some kind of disease in that world?! Faceslidingoffigus?

And the close-up in the front, of the female officer, why is she tilted like that? Her head isn't tilted. Is she standing on an incline?

The shocking amount of over-detail is what really kills the picture. The viewer has no idea where to look.

Really, you're not terrible, but you could really stand to gain from more professional training. You really don't deserve any of the arrogance you're expressing. I've seen Drawing III students, people who have been drawing for just a year and a half most of the time, do work that's loads better than this, and you've supposedly been drawing for years.

Also, I wouldn't brag about being published in Hustler, or brag that you have a vaguely well-known comic on the Internet. The latter can be repeated over a dozen times by anyone with a tablet and access to the Internet. The former...well, call us when you've been published in a real magazine, eh?

I'm sorry you don't consider all of those high profile marvel/D.C/ & image projects I listed as "real magazines" I mean maybe you are right who reads Flash or Thor anyways?
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Let me say this reeaaaally big for you.

you are not a very good artist

This has nothing to do with where your art is published or whatever. It's shit. Accept it and strive to become better, or ignore it and spend the rest of your life arguing about the size of your penis on obscure fanfiction messageboards.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:32 pm

slimredninja wrote:

I'm sorry your so used to victims who take your childish attacks with out fighting back. Also I'm currently putting minimal effort into defense so I hope thats not all you got. I'm posting on multiple forums while multitasking twitter/myspace/face book and following the games and my fantasy football leagues. "Why are you defending yourself" Is that what you used to say to the little kids you bullied in school? or maybe that's your come on line with women.

...Is this guy like Chris91 2.0 or something? Because whoever upgraded really needs to put the funny back in.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:34 pm

slimredninja wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
slimredninja wrote:
Seule wrote:
Hey hey mister

How do you become so "successful" while being such an awful artist/writer/person?

Tell me, so that I may learn. :teach:

I contribute it all to my huge cock it has given me the confidence to always know I'm pretty awesome no matter what others may think of me.

Then why are you defending yourself? Surely someone with such an infallible ego such as yours wouldn't even bother to come here.

Draw me Khan fucking Kirk in the ass and going "KHAAAAAAAN!" please. Show me how awesome you are, I remain convinced that the caked-on grease on my pot could draw better. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't take yourself so seriously.

NIHILIST NIHILIST I BET YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR HATING HIS SHITTY ART
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Seule wrote:
Let me say this reeaaaally big for you.

you are not a very good artist

This has nothing to do with where your art is published or whatever. It's shit. Accept it and strive to become better, or ignore it and spend the rest of your life arguing about the size of your penis on obscure fanfiction messageboards.
This. Also, to reinforce the point - Rob Liefeld.

But unless slim starts being funny soon, I'm out of this thread - it feels really pointless to argue with him any more. At least Bobbykins was funny in his own delusional little way.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:37 pm

slimredninja wrote:
I'm sorry you don't consider all of those high profile marvel/D.C/ & image projects I listed as "real magazines" I mean maybe you are right who reads Flash or Thor anyways?

Yes, because you never ever see bad art in comic books do you? I mean, it's published! That means it 'has' to be good. Right?
Back to top Go down
slimredninja
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
slimredninja

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:38 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff why don't some of you post your stuff? It wouldn't be that you suck ass would it? Hey when you have been published as many times as we have you can talk shit to. Here's a fact companies wouldn't keep paying us money to publish our work if all of our stuff sucked. Even Rob started out ok his new mutants stuff and the early young blood were ok. He started sucking right after the jean commercials. Here a little something for the haters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by slimredninja on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:39 pm

slimredninja wrote:
Lapin wrote:
Long critique that I actually concentrated on, do you know how hard that was for me? Shiny things distract me!

I'm going to focus on one throwaway sentence in the whole critique since that's easier than actually trying to bullshit my way around a defense of my really poorly drawn work.

Marvel? This the same Marvel that employs Liefield? Yeah, next.

DC? This the same DC who fucked over their own characters six ways to Sunday and published pictures of Superman with a mullet?

Not saying Marvel and DC don't employ talented artists and writers, because they occasionally do. But they publish a lot of really bad artists who don't deserve a cent of the money they're paid. You know...like you.

And no, I didn't see that before, because you don't use paragraph breaks (Something we learn in elementary school) and I got really annoyed trying to discern what mattered and what was your whining. And even your whining is boring. Good job on that love. Didn't know it was possible for a temper tantrum to bore me.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:44 pm

slimredninja wrote:
Butthurt + picture

I don't get it. I don't get many of the pictures on your website (btw, fire whoever designed that piece of crap). Any advice?
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:49 pm

slimredninja wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff why don't some of you post your stuff?
If you can't click the DeviantArt link in my signature, sweetie, I think you have more problems than I can solve for you. It's right there, down below that little Bobby Crosby quote.

Quote :
It wouldn't be that you suck ass would it? Hey when you have been published as many times as we have you can talk shit to. Here's a fact companies wouldn't keep paying us money to publish our work if all of our stuff sucked.
Publishing companies will publish whatever crap they can get their hands on, if it will make them enough money in the end - and no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the general public.

Quote :
Even Rob started out ok his new mutants stuff and the early young blood were ok. He started sucking right after the jean commercials. Here a little something for the haters.
.... First Youngblood issue.

I never thought I would actually come across someone who honestly thought Liefeld's art was okay. Colour me impressed - it was enough to get me back here.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:13 pm

Oh, wow. Why did I choose today to clean my apartment? Angry
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Holy crap I could fill up a GAFF bingo card with all the excuses and bullshit slimredninja is spewing. It is literally like he's a 13 year old boy guffawing over boobies and poop hurr hurr.

Keep it coming, asshole. I'm laughing my ass off over here, weirdly enough, at how unfunny you are.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:20 pm

I'm a tad worried that this is a troll.
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:21 pm

We-ell - that comment about having a big penis sort of set off some warning bells, but on the other hand, he started out very convincing, so I've still got my hopes up that he's real.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:

I had that nagging at the back of my head, but being the guy DID pay 10 bux just to advertise his shit on SA, I'm hoping no.
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

I had that nagging at the back of my head, but being the guy DID pay 10 bux just to advertise his shit on SA, I'm hoping no.
As long as it's the same guy, and not someone doing very well in imitating him - but hope is the last thing to abandon a human. The world will be a funnier place if this guy is real.

I'm waiting, slim - prove it's you, or I will be severely disappointed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:29 pm

frostflowers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

As long as it's the same guy, and not someone doing very well in imitating him - but hope is the last thing to abandon a human. The world will be a funnier place if this guy is real.

I'm waiting, slim - prove it's you, or I will be severely disappointed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

POST A NEW PICTURE OF YOUR FAT SELF, SLIM.

Do you use "slim" for the irony factor.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Oh hooray! Pissed off artist! MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 611762
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Knight wrote:
slimredninja wrote:

...Is this guy like Chris91 2.0 or something? Because whoever upgraded really needs to put the funny back in.
Dammit! Exactly my thoughts. Razz

Hmmm. This sounds troll to me though. Started convincingly and ended up being too much in their own lulz that now they are failing. You kinda get high of trolling which makes you experience sort of writing catharsis. I know, because I have enough first hand experience to contribute some of it to every member of WGW.

Also the comic was only average at best. I think there was a magaizne in the early 90s that published something similar, but it died fast because fart jokes do get old and boring very fast. Also a layman like me who does art like
this can in fact notice bad art too. You don't need to be movie director to critisize movies or great artist to critisize art.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Hey, Slim. Take a moment from your constant :f5: of this thread to take some things into consideration. I am a harsh critiquer because of my trade and education- I have to be. Your thin skin to criticism and desperate attempts to prove yourself worthy proves your sad existence.

And oh, I love it when people fight back. See, there's nothing better than proving them wrong with minimal effort. See, I'm an art student. I have been doing art my whole life in addition to three years of art school. Not like you care, but I believe I should state my own credentials. See, I'm serious about my trade and when dipshits like you come in and pretend to know everything, it makes the whole profession look bad. Go back to DeviantArt.

But anyway, I am going to graduate with honors in May. I have installations of large work up in the metro here. What do I have to bring to the table? My love of science fiction and pop philosophy. They want me to continue along my path and get a Master's degree. The stuff that sells though is my small work- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Made about $100 selling them. It's an ongoing series, I spend maybe 10 hours on each one. There are only three so far because I've been busy with huge installations and video art class, but eventually I want to make one of every character from TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, the movies, and the reboot-verse. My goal is to make enough of these, and branch out to other fandoms. I want to take all of them to Comic-Con and sell them, and hopefully meet Leonard Nimoy- and give him one.

Anyway, here's my most recent one, 30 minute sketch and value study. Should be obvious who they are. Lines don't matter much, I paint over. There's going to be stars and shit in the background, and the lowrider is going to look as Galileo Seven-ish as possible.

What do you think? You apparently think highly of yourself as an artist, and that means you must be able to rip this to shreds. Go ahead.

In the meantime, I'll be working on things that matter.
And no, I won't ban you. That'd only make you feel like motherfucking Ché Guevara. Get out of your basement, wipe the Cheetos off your hands, get that orange dust off your dick and take a figure drawing class or two. MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 896582

Last edited by Nihilist on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MorningSquirts.com
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases-
Jump to: