Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MorningSquirts.com

Go down 
+42
Kitbug
Reepicheep-chan
Psy-4
Maximilia
Sparrow
Narwhal
Anon_Lurker
Penguin
grmblfjx
Malganis
Fruitcake
Fitchsticks
Lurv
Ceres
Yattara
unskilled78
Waffles
Notomys mordax
fishstickhater
Cyberwulf
Zeiss Manifold
Sorsa A. Jänis
ZoZo
theweirdkind
Somath Cegem
Knight
Shisaiga
Lapin
Seule
Mae Bedlam
Dr. Professor Science
Lady Anne
Root Admin
Bamshalam
Spotts1701
InkWeaver
caffeine addict
frostflowers
slimredninja
Mafiosa
Aggie
Braigwen
46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:44 pm

This takes everything you were familiar with and runs it through Rule 34 with a Double Entendre twist...

[url=http://www.morningsquirtz.com/fresh_fish.html]Aquaman's Tragic End[/url]

[url=http://www.morningsquirtz.com/party_clowns.html]Party Clowns[/url]

[url=http://www.morningsquirtz.com/index.html]Mind in the gutter...[/url]

[url=http://www.morningsquirtz.com/tea_bag_party.html]Boston Tea Party[/url]

[url=http://www.morningsquirtz.com/hey_kool_aid.html]Send me a sign...[/url]

[url=http://www.morningsquirtz.com/Powers_that_be.html]Power Rangers[/url]

[url=http://www.morningsquirtz.com/living_jesus.html]Halleluyaaagh!![/url]
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Mythandariel wrote:
[url=http://www.lol because it was in antidotes it is automatically funny .com/living_jesus.html]Halleluyaaagh!![/url]

Funniest comic I've seen in a while. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Wait a minute, I know this shitty comic.

It's creator spammed the shit out of it on the SA creative conventions board.

Yup, just looked it up. Same guy. Got permabanned yay.

Even made it on the bad webcomic wiki, here.

This is pretty terrible, imo, bad art, bad writing (it take TWO people to make a web comic this bad), shitty advertising methods and this from their thread on SA:

Quote :
Thanks Kalvano we appreciate the kind words. As many of you may know I'm just returning from a 3 day ban that I would love to thanks Pipes for. To be banned after only one day and for no reason other then pure reputation was quite the honor. For everyone who tried to convince me on those other threads that I could cut loose on people here I can only say I told you so. Even on my best behavior I'm usually a target for over zealous mods who enjoy being a part of the action. That being said I'm not whining I realize here being banned can happen at a whim and is often meant to be funny. I just hope I get to spend more time unbanned then banned. Since we last talked our comic has become award winning... .

Cool ego, bro.

...It must take a special talent to make a website that shitty.

Edit: [url==http://www.morningsquirtz.com/tea_bag_party.html]Seriously? Antidotes section? Seriously?[/url]

Edit: [url==http://www.morningsquirtz.com/patient_zero.html]Jesus fucking christ[/url]
Back to top Go down
slimredninja
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
slimredninja

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:34 am

[quote="Mafiosa"]Wait a minute, I know this shitty comic.

It's creator spammed the shit out of it on the SA creative conventions board.

Yup, just looked it up. Same guy. Got permabanned yay.

Even made it on the bad webcomic wiki, here.

This is pretty terrible, imo, bad art, bad writing (it take TWO people to make a web comic this bad), shitty advertising methods and this from their thread on SA:

Quote :
Thanks Kalvano we appreciate the kind words. As many of you may know I'm just returning from a 3 day ban that I would love to thanks Pipes for. To be banned after only one day and for no reason other then pure reputation was quite the honor. For everyone who tried to convince me on those other threads that I could cut loose on people here I can only say I told you so. Even on my best behavior I'm usually a target for over zealous mods who enjoy being a part of the action. That being said I'm not whining I realize here being banned can happen at a whim and is often meant to be funny. I just hope I get to spend more time unbanned then banned. Since we last talked our comic has become award winning... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] YOU SLIM RED NINJA YOU FUCKING FATASS.com/Drunk_Duck...ex.php?p=606705 .

Cool ego, bro.

...It must take a special talent to make a website that shitty.

Another hater? Did you actually read the comic? I'm glad to see some support from new readers thanks guys. Like I've told the douche trolls like yourself on a 100 sites across the web Mafiosa we have lots of fans and are about to be published in Hustler for the 3rd time. I love how you just parrot the exact same comments you saw on SA and wiki its shows you lack even one creative bone in your body. If your going to critique me at least don't plagiarize all of your material from other sites.

Last edited by slimredninja on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

You know, if "100 different sites across the web" have had the same opinion of your work, maybe their critique has some basis in reality. Just a thought.

Also, if Mafi's opinion happens to be the same as other people's, of course she's going to word it in a similar way.

As for my own opinion on this... It's not godawful, it's just... really boring. Sometimes, I can tell what the joke is supposed to be, but I just don't find it funny. This is one big "meh" on my part.
Back to top Go down
slimredninja
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
slimredninja

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:15 am

frostflowers wrote:
You know, if "100 different sites across the web" have had the same opinion of your work, maybe their critique has some basis in reality. Just a thought.

Also, if Mafi's opinion happens to be the same as other people's, of course she's going to word it in a similar way.

As for my own opinion on this... It's not godawful, it's just... really boring. Sometimes, I can tell what the joke is supposed to be, but I just don't find it funny. This is one big "meh" on my part.

We are running at about 45% hate and 55% love. Some sites are 100% positive no sites are 100% negative. As for similiar that would be one thing but a few of Mafi's quote are exact verbatim. As for your "Meh" opinion I'm ok with that but since your post came so quick after mine let me ask you how many of our over 200 comics did you actually read?
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:38 am

I read about twenty-five. If a comic is unable to catch my interest after twenty-five tries, I am not going to waste my Sunday trying to find out whether the remaining one hundred and seventy five are worth reading.

That's the thing with comics, and fictional works in general - you only have a very short period of time to catch people's interest. Your work didn't catch mine.
Back to top Go down
caffeine addict

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:13 am

slimredninja wrote:
Like I've told the douche trolls like yourself
on a 100 sites across the web Mafiosa
Because no one who dislikes your comic could be anything but a troll. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
we have lots of fans and are
about to be published in Hustler for the 3rd time.
Published =/= good. (See also: Stephanie Meyer, Christopher Paolini, and about 75% of the comics currently syndicated in newspapers.)

Quote :
We are running at about 45% hate and 55% love.
55% is technically a failing grade, you know.

Quote :
since your post came so quick after mine let me ask you how many of our over 200 comics did you actually read?
If it doesn't appeal to someone's sense of humor, it doesn't really matter whether they read ten or two hundred.

For the record, I didn't hate what I read, and I even laughed at a few. But then, I'll readily admit I have a terrible sense of humor, and when I did laugh, it was the awkward sort of "this is really bad; why am I laughing" laugh.

What really is humorous, though, is how quickly you swooped in - on a relatively obscure forum, I might add - to defend your work, using the old "But people like it!" defense. Newsflash: People like plenty of things, but that doesn't make them free from criticism. And contrary to what your mother may tell you, you aren't a special snowflake. Sorry.

The fact that you even found this suggests you spend an unhealthy amount of time looking yourself up on google...which speaks of either a supermassive ego or a whole mess of self-esteem issues. I kind of feel bad for you.
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:33 am

.. I just thought of something - maybe he is secretly Bobby Crosby. Bobbykins sure did like googling his own name, and I remember having an epic sixteen-page wank with him back on Green GAFF. It's where my sig-quote comes from.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:25 am

I think I might cry with joy if Bobby came back for a round two. That was some of the most entertaining bawwing I have ever seen in my life.

Also, googling your comic's name and then coming to argue with people who don't like it? Ftl.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:23 am

I wouldn't brag too much about being published in Hustler if I were you...in the pre-internet days it was edgy and "cool", but nowadays it's not exactly something that many aspire to.

And as someone else mentioned, just because you've been published doesn't validate that the work is good. I don't think what I've seen is necessarily bad, but it's just...a more vulgar variant of Speed Bump.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:34 am

Yeah, no. This is crap, complete with the unironic use of Comic Sans.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:45 am

Oh fuck yes, this dumb fuck showed up to defend his shitty comic.

BTW, Nil, you will literally have to ban this guy to get rid of him once he's stopped being amusing. He lost 10 bucks to promote his shitty comic on SA, so nothing's going to make him go away on a forum that's free and relatively ban-free.

Also, your comic fucking blows. I have no idea why it's taking so many people to try and convince you of that fac- oh right your enormous ego.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:12 am

Let's see how entertaining he gets- and besides, it could have been worse. I'll be the judge here.

Still, he's proof that in the art/comic industry, it's not what you know, but who you know. Sure, his work is cliché and boring, but he's probably got mad networking skills. I wouldn't say his ego's huge- he needs approval. But still I hate this kind of person because they undermine those of us who work our asses off to be good.

Dude, prove how awesome you are to me and the rest of the board. Draw us something. Give us, the collective of WGW, something to remember you by. Show us how awesome you are. MorningSquirts.com 896582
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:27 am

Lol, Nil. I think I love you.
Back to top Go down
slimredninja
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
slimredninja

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:29 am

I almost never google myself or my comic I find places because I always check my project wonderful stats which in turn lead to the places my hits are coming from. I love that just defending my comic draws cries of protest and you must have a giant ego lol. I can spot a whiny internet troll from across the internet and Mafiosa fit the bill. As for everyone hates you I think the fact that someone liked it enough to start a thread and that the second post was very positive shows thats just not true. Since we launched our new site 5 months ago we have received over 800k page views. Also keep in mind that most everyone associated with the project has been published multiple times in other formats. Together we have sold over 100 million comics. I know I know your lying yada yada thats what we hear all the time. Then we prove its true and people start saying thats not shit either. The fact is its all proof that we know what we are doing. The 45% 55% thing was just me trying to sound self depreciating the fact is that's our stats when on new forums. On our host comic sites we are 99% loved. Spot WTF is wrong with speed bump? I love that shit. I think the biggest bitch move is crying for a mod to ban someone after one post. This will eventually be the most posted on thread on this site I just ask the mods to actually read my posts and see that while I dissect my foes with my verbiage I do stay within the rules. Is it my fault that in a battle of the minds most trolls are essentially unarmed opponents?
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:32 am

Slim, you forgot to address my question with your block of excess verbiage:

Quote :
Dude, prove how awesome you are to me and the rest of the board. Draw us something. Give us, the collective of WGW, something to remember you by. Show us how awesome you are. MorningSquirts.com 896582

Your lack of response leads me to believe that you lack the ability and would rather throw numbers at us. Come on, whip out the tablet and impress me. I'll gladly show you what I can do. What are ya, chicken? MorningSquirts.com 896582

Last edited by Nihilist on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:33 am

slimredninja wrote:
Since we launched our new site 5 months ago we have received over 800k page views. Also keep in mind that most everyone associated with the project has been published multiple times in other formats.

I always love arguments that use numbers of page views (or number of copies sold, or Nielsen viewers) to claim overwhelming popularity.

Quantity =/= quality. Seriously.

slimredninja wrote:
Spot WTF is wrong with speed bump? I love that shit.

Didn't say anything was wrong with it. I just implied that what you have produced is a derivative, more vulgar and yet less funny, form of it.
Back to top Go down
slimredninja
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
slimredninja

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:38 am

Sorry I missed your challenge I hope these are to your liking. Also thanks for giving me a chance Nihilist even if you ban me later you get a few points for not pushing the ban button out of reflex as so many mods do.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:44 am

Quote :
Sorry I missed your challenge I hope these are to your liking. Also thanks for giving me a chance Nihilist even if you ban me later you get a few points for not pushing the ban button out of reflex as so many mods do.

Slim, your freedom to be an idiot is something I'm willing to defend. Razz

Regarding your work: I am sure you're proud of it, but it's too traditionalist and cliché to really make an impact on me. It doesn't tread on new territory, or point out something new to its viewers. It's like I've seen it all before, and I have never visited your website to contribute to your many hits. Did you know that high pageviews on a site like DeviantArt mostly mean that the user is a whiny wanker, and not that they're any good?

I also find your compositions crowded and a chore to look at- you've got this hard, black lineart on the second one that's highly distracting because everything is mashed up to the same goddamn level. Apply some atmospheric perspective.

The first one has some wonky perspective where the army guy is stepping on the mime. And the whole composition is stiff because it's traditional landscape when you get down to it. It has a horizon line and stability, then add in mimes throwing slanted poses and it still looks stiff. Next time, tilt it and play with perspective.

Also, your fonts hurt me.

The third one looks flat- add some cool colors on the warm browns for shading, and warm on the cool. It'll stick out a lot more because complimentary colors do that.

I have to consider that you do market to Hustler, which is a stupid magazine in itself and you consider that, but do you do any work outside these comics? Please show it to me. I want to see if you're any more creative outside this realm.

Or you could, you know, take up my challenge. MorningSquirts.com 896582

Last edited by Nihilist on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:56 am

I know a lot of people didn't like the site, but I loled at it (especially Zombie!Jesus).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mafiosa

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:06 am

Quote :
I can spot a whiny internet troll from across the internet and Mafiosa fit the bill.
Quote :
slimredninja whining about my criticism of his horrible comic

Ahahaha.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:08 am

slimredninja wrote:
I can spot a whiny internet troll from across the internet and Mafiosa fit the bill.

Yes, I am absolutely certain that Mafiosa hates your comic simply because she wanted you to come allllllll the way to our forums so you could defend it and she could provoke you. And if this becomes the most posted in thread on the site, I will lol and, again, think fondly of Bobby Crosby.

Boy, this guy does have an ego on him, doesn't he?

Also, lrn2paragraphbreak. It'll make your posts about three times less annoying. This is real advice from me to you. Really.
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:11 am

Alright - this guy can't be Bobbykins; he's not nearly ego-wanky enough. Bobby would be crying about how we're all lying liars who lie at this point.

Re: the art.

The first one (Land Mimes) looks like you got a bit trigger-happy with the airbrush tool (or something that produces smilar results). Shading with black is usually a big no-no as well, as it washes out the colours. Also, the mimes look as if they're giving him the wave, not exploding - which I believe is the intention. Stiff poses, colours too blurred for my taste.

The second one - the fact that everything except the bit at the very front have the same lineweight kind of ruins it. Everything looks flat, and looks as if it's on the same depth-level. Regarding the composition - the horseshoe-throwing characters in the foreground; why not show the pole they're throwing at? At first, I thought they were just randomly waving to the audience. Tighten up the composition.

The third one - kind of messy composition, and Attack of the Airbrush again. Is the Chewy/Crunchy sign important to the joke? If not, spend less time on it and give more space to the important stuff - such as the gingerbread tank shooting the Cookie Monster in the background, or the exploding buildings. Farther away =/= more blurred.
Back to top Go down
slimredninja
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
slimredninja

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:14 am

Heres a recent NSFW comic I wont post it direct since some sites are picky about that kind of thing.

[url==http://www.morningsquirtz.com/wild_ones.html][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Heres an album cover I just did recently.

Here are a couple of peices I did for Paladium's rifts I have done over a 1000 interior peices for a whole host RPG companies. Also we have 6 people that turn out comics so the styles are sometimes radically different. We have also worked on Thor/The Maxx/Wonderwoman/ The Flash/ Dr. Fate/ Impulse and Hawkman (literally dozens of others as well). To say we have an art/writing pedigree would be to beat a dead horse. I would like to see your stuff. Also I always think its cute to hear a critique from a novice.

Here are a couple of other comics I do on the net to.

Hypertide

Slim red ninja (this one just won $300 and first place in the Comicracy web comic contest)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MorningSquirts.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: MorningSquirts.com   MorningSquirts.com Empty

Back to top Go down

MorningSquirts.com
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases-
Jump to: