Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mass Effect 3

Go down 
+11
Aggie
Braigwen
Wolf
gaijinguy
Electron Blue
Exodia's Right Leg
WD40
Mikey Go WOOGA
SlyChild
Hadiya Tannous
Somath Cegem
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:15 am

I accidentally the entire galaxy

(Don't shoot StarChild anymore)
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:48 am

Hehe. Poor Penguin. I probably would have also learned that the hard way had I not been warned not to do that before I did it. :p
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 am

I still haven't found the courage to replay it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Penguin wrote:
I accidentally the entire galaxy

(Don't shoot StarChild anymore)

Aww

Now I have to shoot him. Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 309696
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Well, I went through Destroy again. Here's the thing that's been really, really pissing me off:

Yes, we're given some more "This is what happens in the aftermath," so they're doing closure just fine for the most part. But the fucking Crucible still makes no goddamnfucking sense. And a lot of the scenes added to give context are completely ridiculous. Pretty much EVERY new thing the Catalyst said sent me further into rage mode.

You wanna know how Hackett finds out you're on the Citadel? Somebody hands him a datapad.

"Holy shit. He really did it. All fleets, we've just received reports that someone made it to the Citadel!"

There is still absolutely no explanation as to what your squad is doing back on the Normandy. Hackett notices the Crucible is glowing and sounds the retreat. Garrus tells Joker "We have to go!" and Joker, who in a previous game, GOT YOU KILLED OUT OF STUBBORN DESIRE TO SAVE THE SHIP AND HAS BEEN ORDERED TO TAKE CARE OF YOU is just like "eh dammit"

At least the relays don't violently explode anymore, they just break down. Although now, when the Normandy is fleeing from the explosion, it's... not clear exactly why. Joker's not being bounced around in panic, he just looks annoyed, and the ship doesn't break up. It's much more intact when it hits Jungle Planet, then they make repairs and take off after a memorial service for you and Anderson.

I'm not going to get into all the epilogue stuff. It's there. It's nice. Zaeed retired and all that.

But everything the StarChild says is just an extremely flimsy excuse for him to exist. Everything is a stupid reason to kill Shepard off: He has to "add his energy to the Catalyst"? He has to stand right up against the explodey tube to... fuck it. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU KILL OFF A PROTAGONIST. The Matrix Revolutions did it infinitely better than this.

This didn't fix the ending. It answered a few irritating questions, left most of them in, and added some extra, extremely irritating ones.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:36 pm

But the Star Child was created to make peace between organics and synthetics and ended up destroying his creators.

There should have been an option to bring up that logical failure and have the Star Child shut itself down because it failed it's first mission to begin with. Kind of like in Fallout 3 and President Eden.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Penguin wrote:
This didn't fix the ending. It answered a few irritating questions, left most of them in, and added some extra, extremely irritating ones.

Yup, yup. Even the scene that made me cry was senseless. After hearing that you're ordering an evac, the reapers (and Harbinger) just stay in place to politely wait until you're finished with your goodbyes before they continue the barrage. Fire on the Normandy while it's sitting there vulnerable? Nah, they'll get to it in a minute.

And BioWare did say all along that they weren't changing the ending, so they were at least true to that. Ending still sucks, but they did add a definitive You Lose option.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 pm

The fourth ending was just a great, big, juicy fuck you to the fans. Indoctrination would have made the endings tolerable. As it is, now, it just piles more bullshit on top of bullshit and adds more questions than it answers.

Example: If the Catalyst had been created to bring peace between organics and synthetics and did so by destroying organics, why wasn't there an option to challenge the little shit on that logical skull fuck?

How does going Saren's path (Synthesis) make everything all sunshine and rainbows?

How does going the Illusive Man's path (Control) even make it into the list of shit we aught to try?

WTF is that woman talking about when she says that the data that Liara left helped them to defeat the Reapers? It makes it so that we just skimmed over a much better story! When you invalidate your character's struggles, you fail as a writer!

Is this supposed to be a set up for the Mass Effect MMO? If so, you still butt fucked the entire galaxy because now there are so many different endings that it will be almost impossible to incorporate them into the MMO unless you invalidate all but what you consider canon.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 am

Braigwen wrote:
How does going the Illusive Man's path (Control) even make it into the list of shit we aught to try?

Actually... This was my first choice.

I'd just spent 3 games doing my utmost best to not kill anyone or anything unless I had to, from the Rachni Queen to the Geth base.

Having just forged an all-new alliance between the Geth and the Quarians, and just after granting the Geth full sentience, the destroy option, which would slaughter the Geth, wasn't one I could go for.

ETA: And I won't go for the "synthesis" option because: Fuck magic.

Last edited by WD40 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 am

One question I'm assuming you don't get to ask.

"Why would it destroy the geth as well?"
"Because it will take out all synthetic life."
"But why? The Reapers have a specific code, entirely separate from the Geth, I saw it with my own eyes!"
"How is that possible?!"
"I merged with the Geth conciousness, helped a dear friend free some of their own from your control. So I'll ask again, why can't we just wipe out the Reapers? Why must it be all Synthetic life? Are you really that weak that you can't do that?"
"WE ARE NOT WEAK!"
"Then prove it, take out the reapers, just the reapers, nobody else, wipe them from the galaxy and leave life, all life, organic and synthetic, to find it's own path from here on."

Least ways, that's what I would have said anyway. But what do I know, not a game writer.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:43 am

Somath Cegem wrote:

The Catalyst specifically says, "The Crucible will not discriminate. It will wipe out all synthetic life."

Plus, you know, the Geth had Reaper upgrades, and EDI was built with some pieces of Reaper tech, sooooo... yeah. As stupid as it is, there's a grain of logic to it.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
So - You can use Magic to turn everything into cyborgs, but you can't wipe out all sentient machine life, while filtering out any machine life smaller than a fucking battleship?

Quote :
Pretty much.

Last edited by WD40 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:51 am

Penguin wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

The Catalyst specifically says, "The Crucible will not discriminate. It will wipe out all synthetic life."

Plus, you know, the Geth had Reaper upgrades, and EDI was built with some pieces of Reaper tech, sooooo... yeah. As stupid as it is, there's a grain of logic to it.

You're assuming the kid knows about these things and is using a logical argument, the geth, maybe, EDI, not so much.

Yes but what's stopping it form taking out those reaper upgrades and bumping them down to VI/low level AI status instead of outright wiping them out. If the thing just targeted Reaper code, which I'm betting it could if it's all advanced as it claimed to be, that should be what happened, which yeah, is still bad, but no where near as bad as wiping out the whole race.

I only bitch like this because unfortunately destroy seems like the only answer that makes sense of the 3 big choices, I'm not gonna do what I spent a whole trying to stop Saren doing, and a second game stopping the collectors from doing, and I'm not gonna do what I spent alot of this game trying to stop TIM doing, so that leaves Option Anderson, and given that he is my favourite Non-Party Character, yeah, gonna go shoot me a conduit now kthx for nowt bye.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:34 am

WD40 wrote:
Braigwen wrote:

Actually... This was my first choice.

I'd just spent 3 games doing my utmost best to not kill anyone or anything unless I had to, from the Rachni Queen to the Geth base.

Having just forged an all-new alliance between the Geth and the Quarians, and just after granting the Geth full sentience, the destroy option, which would slaughter the Geth, wasn't one I could go for.

ETA: And I won't go for the "synthesis" option because: Fuck magic.

The reason why I go with Destroy as my "canon" ending:

1.) The entire game has been telling you that in no uncertain terms that controlling the Reapers is impossible. Intelligent, strong-willed people like the Illusive Man can't do it. People in Javik's cycle tried to do it, and failed. Obviously, it has never worked, for millions of years! Every time those that think they can control the Reapers bring ruin to their own. I JUST SHOWED THE ILLUSIVE MAN THE FOLLY OF THIS AND HIS ONLY WAY OUT WAS TO KILL HIMSELF. I, and by proxy my equally stubborn Shepard, would never say "Well, the Illusive Man was right after all." Not without succumbing to indoctrination. It requires you to ignore everything you've learned so far, and basically hinges on the notion that you'll feel too bad about killing the Geth to do the smart thing.

2.) It's a slight stretch to say Synthesis was what Saren was trying to achieve; he was trying to make organics the useful servants of the Reapers so they wouldn't all be killed. Nevertheless, Synthesis is completely ridiculous. It is a heinous crime perpetrated against the entire galaxy, altering them irrevocably without their consent, and worst of all, is clearly talked up by the StarChild as the best option, the ultimate evolution, the blah de fucking OH MY GOD THINKING ABOUT IT MAKES ME WANT TO FUCKING PUKE. In any other science fiction story, Synthesis would be an atrocity for the hero to fight against.

3.) Of the three choices, Destroy is the biggest slap in the face to long-haul Mass Effect fans, those of us who've been saving the galaxy since ME1 and 2. A new player at ME3 who sided with the Quarians will only have EDI to worry about, and she's signed up for the same risks as anyone else. No, if you've finally brought peace between the quarians and geth, Destroy says "Oh well FUCK YOU mister smarty-pants old fan! YOU LOSE!" Since it's the only way Shepard can possibly survive this completely absurd scenario, and it is to dry-hump an explosive until it immolates him (GUNS ARE BALLISTIC WEAPONS YOU NON-FUNCTIONAL GENITALS), there has to be some sort of trade-off, which means EDI and the Geth die. Your protagonist for your pilot's girlfriend and an entire race of benign machines. It seems like a fair trade, noble sacrifice and all, but...

...it is the only acceptable choice if you view the Reapers as your enemy. You have no reason to trust the StarChild. Hell, he sounds like Harbinger if you shoot him and he says "SO BE IT." Nothing about what you see in that room makes any sense; and the only sensible choice for any soldier is Destroy or Reject.

I know that the Matrix trilogy isn't terribly popular around here, but seriously, Reloaded and Revolutions did this so much better. I fucking loved the entire trilogy (except for Keanu Reeves' naked ass), so I'm not saying this as something to punctuate my rage. But, since I know a lost of people fucking HATED these movies, it may still have that effect, which I'm 100% okay with. Anyway, the whole dialog with the Catalyst is a lot like the discussion with the Architect. So much so that I honestly believe that Reject should allow for DLC with a different method of defeating the Reapers. Why? Well...

Quote :
ARCHITECT: You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated. This will have been the sixth time we have destroyed Zion, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

NEO: Bullshit.

ARCHITECT: Denial is the most predictable of human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed Zion, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

"The cycle must continue."

Because what happens? The Architect offers Neo a deal. Meanwhile, Trinity is fighting for her life against an Agent. Much as the Catalyst offers Shepard a deal, while Shepard's LI and comrades are fighting for theirs against countless Reapers.

Quote :
ARCHITECT: The function of the One is to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals: 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash, killing everyone connected to the Matrix. Which, coupled with the extermination of Zion, will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

NEO: You won't let it happen. You can't. You need human beings to survive.

"If you don't follow the tune I'm playing, you, along with everyone and everything you know and love, will be destroyed."
"But you need us. To harvest us."

All across the galaxy, organics are fighting Reapers. Killing them. At an exceedingly high attrition rate, yes, but they are destroying Reapers. Every Reaper killed is a genocide, the destruction of the sole descendents of a harvested civilization. For a role aimed at preserving organic life, using them as war machines is starting to sound pretty fucking stupid, isn't it?

Quote :
ARCHITECT: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept.

Much like the Architect, the Catalyst doesn't actually care about preserving life. It has decided it has one function, and the function is the Cycle. The details are no longer relevant. The Architect, at least, has a reason for his Cycle. The Catalyst does not; the first Reaper casualty illustrates the folly of his plan.

Quote :
ARCHITECT: However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world.

Short of Reject, none of the options presented are so dire. It becomes, "the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept responsibility for the death of every synthetic in this galaxy."

Um... yes? Maybe, just maybe, even though I'm a Paragon, I'm a Colonist, Butcher of Torfan, and have seen the worst the galaxy has to offer. Although I try to help out and preserve life where possible, I repeatedly come to the decision that, sometimes, the options you're given are simply "bad" and "terrible," and you have to pick the one that gets the job done, no matter the cost. That's my Shepard, anyway.

Still, rejecting these completely bullshit options is tempting.

Quote :
ARCHITECT: It is interesting, reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation, that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific, vis-a-vis: Love.

The Architect, much like the writers of this travesty, assumes that we want the "whole" to survive. Control is presented as a "meh" option, Destroy is presented as a "you're a bag of dicks" option. Synthesis is presented as the "good" ending. Reject is "I'M A MANCHILD BIOWARE YOU WERE TOTALLY RIGHT ABOUT ME WAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAH I WISH I WAS AS ATTRACTIVE AND WEALTHY AND AWESOME AS YOU WAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAH" option.

We must Control or Synthesize, in order to prove how deep and provocative the endings are. Because wars are never won by killing, or, God forbid, disagreeing with your mortal enemies.

Incidentally, we have no choice but to accept the StarChild's word that Shepard is the first organic to make it this far.

Quote :
NEO: Trinity!

ARCHITECT: Apropos, she entered the Matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

NEO: No!

Except, as I imagined my Shepard, victory was paramount, his comrades in arms were important, but there was one person in the entire galaxy more important to him than anyone or anything else. My Shepard would not make Liara a cyborg against her will, nor would he risk her and everything they all stood for on the absurd notion that the Reapers were controllable by an outside source.

The Butcher of Torfan did his "terrible calculus," and found that the Geth were simply not that important. The only Geth he truly cared about was gone. And although EDI was a comrade, she was a soldier under his command. If she had to become a casualty on the way to victory, so be it. God damn it so much, but so be it.

Again, whoever your love interest might be, they're presumably fighting tooth and nail while you're having a polite chat. Either way, so are your friends. And while you talk to fucking Ghostboy, they're about to die (inexplicable evac to the Normandy notwithstanding).

Quote :
ARCHITECT: Which brings us at last, to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end.

The Cycle must continue.

Quote :
ARCHITECT: There are two doors: The door to your right leads to the Source and the salvation of Zion. The door to your left leads back to the Matrix, to her, and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, "the problem is choice."

CATALYST: "Pick one of these bullshit endings or you all die."

Quote :
ARCHITECT: But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is blinding you from the simple and obvious truth: She is going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

The options presented by the Catalyst are bullshit. But if you reject them, everyone in your cycle is doomed. Face it, whoever your love interest is, if you don't comply, they're going to die.

Well, FUCK YOU SPOOBY

Quote :
ARCHITECT: (scoffs) Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion. Simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.

The Mass Effect writers have actually done a pretty good job thus far of selling the "humans are special" trope. You'd think that this would come in to play at any point in the ending!

Quote :
NEO: If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

ARCHITECT: We won't.

Much as the choice presented to Neo, the choice presented to Shepard is complete horseshit. Unfortunately, unlike Neo, rejecting the bullshit choice does not break the cycle. It's actually Liara's time capsule that breaks the cycle, when the races that follow are able to Control, Destroy, or Synthesize with the Reapers.

Neo breaks the cycle for selfish reasons at first: He wants to save Trinity for awhile longer, to be with her a little longer, as long as he can play it out, before the end. Eventually, though, she is finally killed in the real world, not at all in the Matrix. In the end, the best option left to Neo is to sacrifice himself so Smith can be defeated, a bargaining that the Machines honor, brokering an uneasy peace with Zion.

There is no setup of any kind like this for Mass Effect 3. The only reason we get these stupid, stupid fucking endings, is because somewhere at Bioware, somebody decided "Shepard must die! It'll be all DEEP AND STUFF!" But Shepard can't die and leave a corpse behind, because then he could be patched up again. I mean the dude was brought back from asphyxiation, burns, probably supersonic impact, and being frozen. They had to completely obliterate him with electricity or roast him in an explosion. Nothing else would do.

They didn't create a compelling argument for protagonist death. The Catalyst himself says the Crucible is a massive power source. So what the fuck kind of energy can one organic add to it that makes the thing magically turn everyone into cyborgs? If it's a power source and nothing more, how does ANYTHING you can do in the ending make it do... what it does? NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY FUCKING SENSE.

We are still forced to take these completely fucking stupid endings at face value and be satisfied with "even more context" in the endings. I don't fucking CARE that the outcome is spelled out; I need to have some sort of coherent LINK between my choices and what happens. I start my computer by pushing a button, not by grabbing a live power cable. Why is it different for the Reapers?

Killing off the protagonist is not special. It is not deep. It is a literary path that should be trod upon with great caution. The end result can be spectacular, moving, and cathartic, as in Cowboy Bebop and The Matrix Revolutions. Or it can be THE VISUAL REPRESENTATION OF A WRITER SHOVING HIS AUDIENCE'S COLLECTIVE FACE UP HIS OWN ASS AND FARTING AS HARD AS HE CAN.

We got the latter in ME3, and EC only exacerbated it.

If there's one thing I can think of that can sum up how inappropriate, how out-of-place, how ridiculous this ending is, it's this:

From the beginning, there's a coherent narrative. And yet, somebody shows up and hijacks the whole goddamn thing to be about something else entirely.

Somath Cegem wrote:
You're assuming the kid knows about these things and is using a logical argument, the geth, maybe, EDI, not so much.

Yes but what's stopping it form taking out those reaper upgrades and bumping them down to VI/low level AI status instead of outright wiping them out. If the thing just targeted Reaper code, which I'm betting it could if it's all advanced as it claimed to be, that should be what happened, which yeah, is still bad, but no where near as bad as wiping out the whole race.

I only bitch like this because unfortunately destroy seems like the only answer that makes sense of the 3 big choices, I'm not gonna do what I spent a whole trying to stop Saren doing, and a second game stopping the collectors from doing, and I'm not gonna do what I spent alot of this game trying to stop TIM doing, so that leaves Option Anderson, and given that he is my favourite Non-Party Character, yeah, gonna go shoot me a conduit now kthx for nowt bye.

Yeah. I know. You're preaching to the choir here. ALL OPTIONS ARE BULLSHIT. It's just that there's a rationale, flimsy as it is, for them to hide behind.

I'm going to make such an epic video this September. Please hold me to it. I need a project.

P.S. I've been drinking throughout this entire megapost so I hope it's not too incoherent tomorrow morning

Last edited by Penguin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : P.S. I've been drinking throughout this entire megapost so I hope it's not too incoherent tomorrow morning)
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:55 am

The Earth update for ME3 does everything for multiplayer that the original ending did for singleplayer.

That is, it ruins everything. Holy fuck, if you don't have one of the new completely bullshit classes, you might as well just take cover somewhere and let them win until you have enough money to buy enough boxes to get those same new bullshit classes.

Or pony up real money for Bioware points.

ALL of the original classes are rendered completely obsolete by these goddamn anime-ified bullshit artists. Trying to line up a precise shot? FUCK YOU EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE. Trying to create a biotic combo explosion? FUCK YOU THE BRUTE IS ALREADY DEAD. Trying to do anything at all except go around reviving people? FUCK YOU, PAY BIOWARE.

It's just... so shit. The new Vanguard looks just like Kai Leng, the new Infiltrator is a goddamn Phantom (and makes the same sword attack noises, HAVE FUN FIGHTING CERBERUS) and all of them just destroy absolutely everything.

If you don't have any of these new classes, the game will not be fun. You might as well be a spectator for the whole thing; that way you're never tempted to waste medigel on the off-chance you'll get to do something.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:51 am

Penguin wrote:
The Earth update for ME3 does everything for multiplayer that the original ending did for singleplayer.

That is, it ruins everything. Holy fuck, if you don't have one of the new completely bullshit classes, you might as well just take cover somewhere and let them win until you have enough money to buy enough boxes to get those same new bullshit classes.

ALL of the original classes are rendered completely obsolete by these goddamn anime-ified bullshit artists. Trying to line up a precise shot? FUCK YOU EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE. Trying to create a biotic combo explosion? FUCK YOU THE BRUTE IS ALREADY DEAD. Trying to do anything at all except go around reviving people? FUCK YOU, PAY BIOWARE.

It's just... so shit. The new Vanguard looks just like Kai Leng, the new Infiltrator is a goddamn Phantom (and makes the same sword attack noises, HAVE FUN FIGHTING CERBERUS) and all of them just destroy absolutely everything.

If you don't have any of these new classes, the game will not be fun. You might as well be a spectator for the whole thing; that way you're never tempted to waste medigel on the off-chance you'll get to do something.

So... basically it's like Tribes Ascend? Colbert
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 am

Penguin wrote:

Yeah, I've only unlocked the Infiltrator, and it looks broken. I've also looked up some of the other "N7" classes, and everything except maybe the Engineer looks insanely overpowered. Of course, multiplayer was already frustrating, what with EA's servers being utter shit. You've just completed Wave 10 and are 1:30 away from extraction and 74,000 credits? AHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU DISCONNECTED YOU GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!!1!

Fucking ridiculous.

Oh, and there was the one time we got stuck on Wave 10 because TWO enemies glitched and were frozen and unable to take damage, and we couldn't force a respawn because I had got taken down by a Phantom within view of the two enemies. And all the other fucking glitches. And then they ban people for using the one glitch that doesn't fuck them over.

And another thing, if you're trying to line up a precise shot, you're doing it wrong. Just spam bullets out of Tactical Cloak and watch stuff die. Excitedplz Unless you're using the Widow, in which case you'll need to be careful you don't miss and spend the next five minutes reloading.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Everyone, please observe a moment of silence for the franchise that was Mass Effect. May the people who screwed this up roast forever in the lowest levels of hell as Satan's own bitches.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:20 pm

^
It's not dead until they half ass some ill conceived MMORPG that sucks total ass.

ETA: And now I'm stuck under the extraction point of Firebase White. What a fucking joke, there is no excuse for this shit. What the fuck happened to video games? I don't remember Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time being so fucking glitchy. They used to have to intentionally put glitches in the game, they were called cheat codes. Now the slobbering fucking morons who make this garbage can barely get the fucking game to boot up properly.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
It's not dead until they half ass some ill conceived MMORPG that sucks total ass.

ETA: And now I'm stuck under the extraction point of Firebase White. What a fucking joke, there is no excuse for this shit. What the fuck happened to video games? I don't remember Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time being so fucking glitchy. They used to have to intentionally put glitches in the game, they were called cheat codes. Now the slobbering fucking morons who make this garbage can barely get the fucking game to boot up properly.
Colbert not to mention some of the HILARIOUS glitches in skyrim, such as getting stuck in doors, getting sent flying via giant hit, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:42 pm

^
The giant hit is funnier than hell though, and mostly harmless. Inconsequential goofball shit like that isn't so bad, it's the game breaking crap that could have been found in an afternoon of test play that pisses me off.

What also pisses me of is being unable to find one group of retards capable of surviving past Wave 4. It's not that goddamn hard. Turtle in the room, through out the decoy, and line them up.

These people can fuck that up. It's unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:18 pm

The new multiplayer expansions ruins what was left of multiplayer. It makes camping on Firebase White and Glacier goddamn impossible, which makes doing anything productive with a pickup group goddamn impossible, which means you pretty much have to pay IRL monies to be able to get your Premium packs.

Fuck Bioware, fuck Electronic Arts, I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:37 pm

You're butthurt because you can't exploit a design flaw in the maps anymore?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Yes, goddamnit!

You can't get anything accomplished with pickup groups if you can't funnel targets through a choke point and waste them. Especially on Gold, where if you pop out of cover for a second, three Primes fry you, and you can't stay in cover because 9001 Hunters are flanking you.

Besides, defensible positions are not a design flaw.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:26 am

I dunno, I was routinely kicking pub ass on Gold before I even knew farming Firebase White was a thing you could do. And farming geth on Firebase White was exploiting a level design flaw combined with an AI flaw, and goes far beyond "having a defensible position." Besides which, how is doing that every time even remotely fun? I teamed up with a complete flailing n00b with an N7 level of like 45 and two random strangers to exploit Firebase White and managed a full extraction with that team on Platinum on the first try.

It's Horde mode. No position is supposed to be impenetrable. You can hold down one spot for awhile, but eventually you must move.

Sorry Mikey, but it looks like you're actually going to have to learn how to play the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next