Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mass Effect 3

Go down 
+11
Aggie
Braigwen
Wolf
gaijinguy
Electron Blue
Exodia's Right Leg
WD40
Mikey Go WOOGA
SlyChild
Hadiya Tannous
Somath Cegem
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:44 am

Really, the Prothean VIs can, at best, provide a marker for when Shepard has been indoctrinated, if they're actually all that good at detecting it. Note that everyone who set off the VIs' INDOCTRINATED PRESENCE alarms had Reaper implants: Saren and Kai Leng.

After Thessia, all bets are off anyway, because: "Security protocols overwritten. I will comply."

Even on a more semantic level, the standard the VIs use seems to be determining whether anyone coming into contact with them, if they know of Reapers at all, thinks anything less than total destruction of the Reapers is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Semi-necro: I felt this had to be said.

Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:39 am

That video wrote:
I somehow fail to believe you have my best interests at heart when you tell me to electrocute myself or jump off a fucking bridge

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fucking gold.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:16 pm

The expanded ending free DLC is gonna be released this week. on the 26th to be exact.

Quote :
"The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences," BioWare said on its website. "It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings."

Quote :
You'll be able to download it for free on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. It's a whopping 1.9 gigabytes.

HOW BIG?

Jesus. I'm gonna have to delete stuff from my PS3 to fit that shit on!
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:43 pm

WD40 wrote:
Quote :
You'll be able to download it for free on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. It's a whopping 1.9 gigabytes.

HOW BIG?

That's smaller than the demo version of ME3, so if you still have that kicking around for some reason there you go some freed up space, unless your being sarcastic I can't tell.
(Has lost all sense of scope with file sizes since his full terabyte hard drive was unlocked.)
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:36 pm

WD40 wrote:
The expanded ending free DLC is gonna be released this week. on the 26th to be exact.

Quote :
"The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences," BioWare said on its website. "It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings."

Quote :

HOW BIG?

My hope is returning... just a little.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Braigwen wrote:
WD40 wrote:

Quote :

Quote :

HOW BIG?

My hope is returning... just a little.

The ending isn't changed - let's make that clear. There's still SpaceGod the Starchild, and you can still use magic to turn everything into cyborgs or whatever the hell the green option did (I never chose that one).

What we should get is a little more info on what everyone does afterwards, and some more detail and consequences on the choices you've made in previous games and (hopefully) some impact on something over how many and which forces you've managed to recruit.

I'll get it, I'm sure (because, fuck it - it's free.) but the ending, and the game before it, is still gonna be a disapointment.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah. The ending's going to be coherent... but still awful.

I wish it wasn't coming out until fall... by the time I can shoot a "reaction" video spoofing the ending, in which I explode all three Mass Effect games, EC'll be old news. But hey, it'll still be fun.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:35 pm

If the new endings don't at least provide SOME explanation like "The god child was Harbinger pretending to be a kid to trick Shepard" or some such, then I don't know if Bioware will survive the negative PR or even non existent PR. For a company that has hit the nail on the head 9 times out of 10, throwing this streak of strikes has to be making management nervous.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:06 pm

>1.9 Gigabytes

I think I just crapped myself. They could have done it right in the first place and saved me a LOT of hard drive space.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Yes, Mikey, but that would have violated their "artistic integrity." And who wants that (besides, you know, absolutely everyone)?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:11 am

Tbh I'm not sure what to expect from this expansion, and am listening to nothing bioware have siad about it because I listened last time and was found to be lied to, alot, this time i'm actually expecting the same.

But free is free and 1.9 gigabytes is nothing people get better computers dammit!
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:04 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Tbh I'm not sure what to expect from this expansion, and am listening to nothing bioware have siad about it because I listened last time and was found to be lied to, alot, this time i'm actually expecting the same.

Um, if they're lying this time around, then they might actually be fixing the ending. All they're doing right now is adding extra cutscenes and NPC dialog to clarify WTF is going on in the ending.

The Bioware hype/obfuscation comes from their delusion that the "vagueness" of the ending was what pissed everyone off.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:39 am

Somath Cegem wrote:

But free is free and 1.9 gigabytes is nothing people get better computers dammit!

>Playing Mass Effect on a PC

You are what's wrong with video games. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

There's nothing wrong with playing the superior version.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Penguin wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

Right. On the PC you can use mods and programs that allow you to fix issues with your game files.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Aggie wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

Right. On the PC you can use mods and programs that allow you to fix issues with your game files.

Mikey:
[ ] Not Told
[ ] Told
[X] Knights of the Told Republic II
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:31 am

Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 am

Somath Cegem wrote:

Why is there a giant finger in the top right hand corner of all the endings? Is that Bioware's finger?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 am

Braigwen wrote:
Why is there a giant finger in the top right hand corner of all the endings? Is that Bioware's finger?

That be a Reaper dear, or at least a Reapers face tentacles.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Braigwen wrote:

That be a Reaper dear, or at least a Reapers face tentacles.

It would have been funnier if it actually was Bioware giving us the finger.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:19 am

Oh fuck I have to log into Origin again, why!?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 pm

I shall take one for the team and play it tonight to see how 'extended' the EC is.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Played all four endings. Meh. It retconned some of the worst things out but since it didn't change a lot it's still a lousy ending.

Kaidan (my love interest) broke my heart, though.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 am

Quote :
The DLC will be released for PS3 owners on July 4th

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3   Mass Effect 3 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next