Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

World of Warcraft is SATANIC!

Go down 
+25
Bad Luck Charm
XLT-100852.0
Seule
Grimley Fieendish
Chris91
Vanilla-villa
Malganis
Cyberwulf
TheHermit
Braigwen
Miss Prince
Penguin
Exodia's Right Leg
Knight
Reepicheep-chan
Alhazred
Maximilia
Somath Cegem
Mr.Doobie
KJM
Azzandra
your mom
Mikey Go WOOGA
Sakurelf
TheIan
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:29 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
EDIT: As for FFXIV, I couldn't attest to the quality of it either way, as I know of no one that has a computer capable of running that graphic Godzilla. Srsly, people with fairly decent computers can't run it.

My system runs it, and it takes everything that was bad about FF8 like the interface system and battle system and brings the brokenness up to an art form.

In order to do something like Mine; you have to get close to a node, click the Interact button that comes up on the upper right hand of the screen, select Mine from the side menu, pick an area to mine, gauge how hard you want to hit the rock, find the sweet spot in order to mine something and repeat that five more times and then you might have some river sand or if you're lucky, some metal.

Rinse and repeat for all the other gathering activities.

The Battle System is sluggish and the frame rates even on my system go down to 45 fps when you attack anything and there is no way to tell if you can attack something and survive.

And don't get me started on combat with a non-combat classes. The only thing you can do is throw rocks at things and it is impossible to get out of combat if you get aggroed.

Then there's the Crysta used to buy Options which is just a fancy way of saying that you have to pay for each character you want to have. I think it's something like $5 a month for each character you want.

And the voices... If you are going to voice the first part of the intro, then there is no excuse, in this day and age, for not voicing everything else in the game. It's not that hard to disguise a person's voice. I hate going through ten to twelve text boxes in these kinds of games while everyone talks about inane shit.

The graphics are gorgeous, yes. But that is the only thing that it has going for it. The stories are disjointed and episodic and rely on you getting to a certain level before it can progress but you never know when that level is so you are forced to grind out levels or levequests as they are called and every time you level go back to your starting city, which there is no way to teleport to until you reach level 10, to check with your contact to see if you have the level necessary to progress in the story.

Have I mentioned that the crafting system can kiss the darkest part of my white ass? How the hell do you Boldly Sew something? How the hell do you mine river sand from a cliff high up off the ground? How can you make sheep skin dye by squishing bugs and mixing them with flax seed oil? Someone explain these things to me!

I have an:
Intel Core 2 Duo OCed to 3.06 GHz
4 GB of RAM
1 TB Drive
PNY nVidia GeForce 460 GTO
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
As for FFXIV, I couldn't attest to the quality of it either way

General consensus is that it is horrible on every conceivable level and several we were not yet aware of. Squeenix's stock took a massive hit on its release, and it's projected earnings have cratered. It's the "Threshold" of MMOs, forever tainting an entire brand that had not been amazing in a long while with the stink of legendary awfulness.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:22 am

TheHermit wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

General consensus is that it is horrible on every conceivable level and several we were not yet aware of. Squeenix's stock took a massive hit on its release, and it's projected earnings have cratered. It's the "Threshold" of MMOs, forever tainting an entire brand that had not been amazing in a long while with the stink of legendary awfulness.

I don't think its just general consensus, but straight up fact. Square released the game way before it was done just so they could meet the release date, instead releasing it when it was ready. It is so damn broken that even though it's at market, the game is free to play because you're essentially buying your way into the Beta.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks, Mikey, for jacking the thread changing its original purpose, you sonnuvabitch. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 am

Well start talking about the original topic again, Ian, and stop saying "bitch" like a fucking eight year old.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:42 am

*finds it amusing that the original post and Exodia's Right Leg's comment are the only ones really ON-topic here*

This woman does the most annoying narration ever. There's just something grating about her voice. Plus, it sounds really funny when she starts 'dramatically' reading the Warcraft lore in Part 2. World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 611762

The part about people participating in demonic spells while playing WoW is hilariously stupid because it makes her look like someone who has literally no idea of how games actually work -- that is, with numbers. She honestly comes off as someone who believes that a person playing a mage is sitting there chanting spells to make their character do 'x' to an enemy, rather than a person who's manipulating what essentially is a bunch of number stats. I think that kind of poisons her whole Gospel message at the end, because a lot of people are going to remember that she confused math for magic and think that all Christians are idiots.

Also, she makes playing or not playing Warcraft a test of one's true faith. That's pretty extreme.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:32 am

What's even more extreme is the fact she found a site about people who complain about how WoW ruined their lives. WoWdetox. The only rememdy I could have recommended for some of the people she quoted was, "Stop playing, you stupid motherfuckers!"

It's easy to stop. All you have to do is set an amount of time allowed in Parental control. OR! Not renew your subscription. That's all there is to it.

"BAAAAAAWWWWWW WOW RUINED MY LIFE FOREVER I CAN'T GET LAID NOW!"

[Slaps the stupid out of them] Learn some restraint, asshole!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 am

TheIan wrote:
What's even more extreme is the fact she found a site about people who complain about how WoW ruined their lives. WoWdetox. The only rememdy I could have recommended for some of the people she quoted was, "Stop playing, you stupid motherfuckers!"

It's easy to stop. All you have to do is set an amount of time allowed in Parental control. OR! Not renew your subscription. That's all there is to it.

Links or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Links or it didn't happen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Quote :
I left wow. Thank God, now i know i won't die a virgin.
World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 199471
Wow...
That is one of the lamest excuses on the site yet.

Quote :
At first I thought I'd be a hero in Azeroth, someone important and mystical in this virtual world but then came MC and I had to respec to Holy! I spent my entire time at level 60 pressing the same two buttons. It was a chore!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! WHAAAAAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! AHAHAHAA... AHAHAHAA,,, AHAHAHAAA... HOOOOOOOO...

What? That's funny.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Knight wrote:
TheHermit wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

I don't think its just general consensus, but straight up fact. Square released the game way before it was done just so they could meet the release date, instead releasing it when it was ready. It is so damn broken that even though it's at market, the game is free to play because you're essentially buying your way into the Beta.

I don't understand how they go from such a glorious and fairly well balanced game like FFXI to such a heaping pile of shit. Granted, they have done truly moronical things (the existence of BLU, for instance), but always in small doses that were really ruinous.

Cyberwulf wrote:
Well start talking about the original topic again, Ian, and stop saying "bitch" like a fucking eight year old.

1.) lrn2comma
2.) You must be trolling him. No victim complex could be this massive and over sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Vanilla-villa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Vanilla-villa

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:00 pm

TheIan wrote:
bitch
Oh great, time for another shitstorm. Dry
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Apparently, around here it's always time for a shitstorm.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Quote :
I left wow. Thank God, now i know i won't die a virgin.

Nah, you'll probably still die a virgin.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:45 pm

TheIan wrote:
I could argue that people who get dangerously addicted to these kind of things usually have some sort of mental impairment that causes quitting to be not as easy for them as it would be for you or me. It is straight up not that simple and frankly you are being kind of a dick.

THAT BEING SAID, someone with an addictive personality would suffer w/ or w/o WoW. They would just get addicted to something else. An obsession/ addiction to anything can negatively affect your life. And WoW is a better/ less distructive thing to be addicted to than, say, meth. So WoW is not ruining these people's lives, it is more like a tool that they are using to ruin their own lives in a fit of metal instability.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:52 am

Malganis wrote:
*finds it amusing that the original post and Exodia's Right Leg's comment are the only ones really ON-topic here*

This woman does the most annoying narration ever. There's just something grating about her voice. Plus, it sounds really funny when she starts 'dramatically' reading the Warcraft lore in Part 2. World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 611762

The part about people participating in demonic spells while playing WoW is hilariously stupid because it makes her look like someone who has literally no idea of how games actually work -- that is, with numbers. She honestly comes off as someone who believes that a person playing a mage is sitting there chanting spells to make their character do 'x' to an enemy, rather than a person who's manipulating what essentially is a bunch of number stats. I think that kind of poisons her whole Gospel message at the end, because a lot of people are going to remember that she confused math for magic and think that all Christians are idiots.

Also, she makes playing or not playing Warcraft a test of one's true faith. That's pretty extreme.

"Extreme" is right...next thing you know she'll be blaming Mafia Wars for encouraging violent crime.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Malganis wrote:

"Extreme" is right...next thing you know she'll be blaming Mafia Wars for encouraging violent crime.

Of course, she will blame games such as Mafia Wars or WoW for everything that's wrong with this world, rather than seeking out the true reasons for such, as it's far easier to do the former, than the latter...
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am

Wow, it's like everyone in this thread is speaking a foreign language. I feel dumb World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 309696
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:55 am

Since people who are against role-playing games (D&D and WoW) believe that pretending to be someone who casts spells and kills people will eventually make you a spell-casting, murderous occultist, I have to wonder, do they believe that people who play Jesus in a Passion Play eventually become Jesus?
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Since people who are against role-playing games (D&D and WoW) believe that pretending to be someone who casts spells and kills people will eventually make you a spell-casting, murderous occultist, I have to wonder, do they believe that people who play Jesus in a Passion Play eventually become Jesus?
A interesting point, Mr.Doobie, though to extend it to it's logical conclusion, do they believe that actors/actresses playing a role in any form of drama, literally becomes the character they are playing...?
This could have some very interesting consequences, if the role is that of a non human lifeform, in a science fiction/fantasy production....
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Considering we have Furries, Soul-Bonders and OtherKin, I wouldn't be surprised if that crossed someone's mind. Like Grim said, it could have interesting consequences.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Final Fantasy is a terrible fucking franchise. All the games suck sweaty, salty monkey balls.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Seule wrote:
Wow, it's like everyone in this thread is speaking a foreign language. I feel dumb World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 309696

Don't feel bad. It means you have a life and friends you don't talk to with a keyboard and maybe even a paying job.
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 am

KJM wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You win. Thread over. Everybody go home.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 am

We are home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft is SATANIC!   World of Warcraft is SATANIC! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft is SATANIC!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next