Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist

Go down 
+66
Seule
jerkstore
Somath Cegem
crowdog66
Mr.Doobie
frostflowers
Twonky
Knorg
Dr. Professor Science
ZoZo
Penguin
grmblfjx
Chris91
Yattara
Snoof
Rabid Badger
Toastuh
NastyHobbitses
unskilled78
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Miss Prince
Atramentua
Solitia
Kirby
A_Note_Chaotic
Animir
Lysander
lemmingwriter
szaleniec
Lurv
Lexin
Raine
gaijinguy
Reepicheep-chan
Mikey Go WOOGA
Sparrow
SirDixonDongs
Root Admin
Psy-4
Inciter
myeerah
VB
Chocho
Anathema
Melissa
anangrychocobo
Mafiosa
Narwhal
DarthDarthington
Blooferlady
Hot Cancer
Lapin
Miss Misery
theweirdkind
Delcat
Bamshalam
I_Lam_Edhellen
Ceres
Mae Bedlam
karmyn31
Kremlin
KelinciHutan
Maximilia
InkWeaver
Cyberwulf
Malganis
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 pm

It might also have something to do with Amy constantly harping on women needing to be "scientifically" beautiful when she herself isn't exactly the Rose of Tralee. Stone, glass houses.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Lysander wrote:
MAGIC ADD BISON DETECTING POWERS - ACTIVATE!

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 611762 Sig, plz? Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 611762
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let's be honest, here: I would not be surprised if this was a picture of a transvestite. (It's the nose and chin.)
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm

I don't necessarily find her face unattractive. I find what she says unattractive.

Personally, I think that comments here bashing her based on her appearance are unfair (she can't exactly help looking like she does) and somewhat hypocritical (we're bashing her appearance because she's bashing other people's appearances).

Also, remember she's probably reading this thread, so that sort of thing does come off as not only unfair and hypocritical, but also decreases our credibility and arguments across the board overall, even if we argue well on her blog.

I do admit that I get something of a laugh out of the image of Liam Neeson with frizzy orange Photoshop hair, but mine is a guilty laugh, so there. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:18 pm

Malganis is right. I'm a lot more concerned with what's going on in her head than what her face looks like.

Or rather, what's not going on in her head. Something's misfiring in there.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:25 pm

I wish I'd screen-capped her comment in "Thighs Matter", because it's gone now. Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 309696

And she still hasn't posted my comment there. I don't particularly care whether she agrees with me or not -- I'd welcome a debate -- but I think it should at least be posted, as by her own admission it was nowhere near as inflammatory as comments she's allowed in the past.
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:37 pm

I just posted a comment on "Bad News Bares" about how everyone keeps repeating the same lie about Alice claiming that the mother should tell her kid that she was off having wild, nasty sex during his ball game. It got buhleeted, of course. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Malganis wrote:
I don't necessarily find her face unattractive. I find what she says unattractive.

Personally,
I think that comments here bashing her based on her appearance are
unfair (she can't exactly help looking like she does) and somewhat
hypocritical (we're bashing her appearance because she's bashing other
people's appearances).

I thought we were bashing her because she's a moron.

Whatever she says, her face sure as hell isn't helping matters. Which gets to the point of why what she's saying is wrong: as a guy, shallow visual thing that I am, I'd rather date someone who could stand to lose a few pounds that Mr. Ed's dream girl.
Back to top Go down
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:41 pm

ARGUE LIKE THE HELPLESS PAWNS YOU ARE

YOU WILL ONLY BE DANCING TO THE BEAT OF MY +2 TROLLISH DRUM MACHINE

YES THAT'S RIGHT I CONTROL YOU ALL

MAYBE
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:45 pm

VB wrote:
I just posted a comment on "Bad News Bares" about how everyone keeps repeating the same lie about Alice claiming that the mother should tell her kid that she was off having wild, nasty sex during his ball game. It got buhleeted, of course. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, that's because she knows now where all these argumentative FAAAAT people are coming from.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have linked her to us, though I did it with Nihilist's blessing.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:49 pm

VB wrote:
Given that it's been said enough times that there's actually points between that and an outright lie, they all fail third grade reading comprehension forever at this point anyway. I don't think telling them again is going to help.

Poor dear. Thinks she can write when she can't even read.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm

...Sorry, I got distracted by Joan of Arcadia. What's happened?
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Her rational thought process looks to be:

Flood of first-time-posters = common place of origin = organized attack = personal grudge from hive mind = DELETE ALL DISSENTERS

I'm kind of disappointed that she's just pulling passive-aggressive bullshit when she was so quick to defend her E-honor on that other blog.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:11 pm

I wonder if she'll ever give up trying to ban us and delete all of our posts.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:16 pm

I wonder if she knows about her ED article.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Blooferlady wrote:
lemmingwriter wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
Life Lessons I Have Learned From Amy Alkon

2. Black people have no right to be single mothers and should stop throwing their vaginas around like whores.

Am I a bad person for reading this and immediately thinking that that's going to cause a particularly painful sprain?

Mafiosa wrote:
VB wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Do you think it'll blow
her mind when one of the singles on here is skinny as fuck?
Isn't Sakurelf single?
She is?!
Really?
Two singles then! She's going to double explode.

Single, 5'5", and somewhere around 103-105lbs at the moment makes three!

*waits eagerly for Alkon's mind to explode*
Also single, 100 pounds.

You guys don't mind if I rant here a bit? Because I'm raging at her thinking skinny people love their bodies. I am not skinny by choice. I have stomach ulcers, acid reflux, and a genetic disease that used to cause me to bleed internally. Eating used to cause me physical pain because of my stomach. And then the polyps that I also have used to steal all the rest of the nutrients and things, and then ulcerate (hence the bleeding). I was 50 pounds in 8th grade, and if she thinks I didn't get picked on for being small then she is crazy. The best news I've heard in a long time is that I don't have to go back in the hospital for 3 years. I would give up being skinny for a healthy body in a heartbeat.
OH MY GOD THIIIIIIISSSS.
I'd rather be a fatty with a heart that worked properly than a ~*skinnie-binnie*~ with blood pressure that rivals a chain smoking 40 year-old's. Thin=/=healthy, peeps.

Also adding onto the list, I'm a 133 pound, baby hating single chick.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 pm

BUT BAMSHALAM THIN IS PRETTY IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE HEALTHY OR NOT IT ONLY MATTERS IF YOU HAVE A MAN WHO WANTS TO BONE YOU.

THIS IS TRULY THE MEANING OF (FEMALE) LIFE.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Maximilia wrote:
This is the one giving me giggles. "Everyone has a right to their opinion, UNTIL IT'S MEEN AND DIFFERENT THAN MINE THEN I USE MY BANHAMMER!"
That is particularly ironic. This woman is beyond anything...a genuine loony tunes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
BUT BAMSHALAM THIN IS PRETTY IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE HEALTHY OR NOT IT ONLY MATTERS IF YOU HAVE A MAN WHO WANTS TO BONE YOU.

THIS IS TRULY THE MEANING OF (FEMALE) LIFE.

BESIDES, THIN IS ALWAYS HEALTHY.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Quote :
Alright, I don't get it. I don't understand how being honest by saying, "I'm sorry, I went to go visit a friend. I screwed up" is a bad thing to a child. It's not a lie. Where in all of this does it say she has to completely reveal everything she did? It doesn't. The comment that spurred me to comment myself is from a reader: "Being untruthful to your children to spare their feelings is noble."

It's not noble; it's deceitful. The definition for noble which would apply here is "of an admirably high quality; notably superior; excellent". In effect, they are saying lying is noble. Isn't lying one of those things we want to teach our children NOT to do? We teach by example. While this woman has set a bad example by promising to do one thing (go to the baseball game) and then doing another (leaving), the advice here is to compound the problem by lying about it. I honestly don't get that.

What I think she should have done was admit she left to visit a friend (which is not a lie, and for those who say it isn't the complete truth, it's enough truth for a twelve year old to handle), apologize sincerely, and then amend her ways. If she was going to visit her "friend" again, arrange a babysitter. Or if she was serious about this friend, as someone suggested here, bring him to the game. There is NO REASON to lie in this situation. That people would suggest it, and then agree with the suggestion, I find personally disgusting.

My reply to the woman getting some thing. I'm just wondering if it'll get baleeted because OMG NEW POSTER. Now, to go put something at least moderately scathing on the fat womenz=oogly thread.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Malganis wrote:
Lysander wrote:
MAGIC ADD BISON DETECTING POWERS - ACTIVATE!

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 611762 Sig, plz? Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 611762

This I shall allow.

:fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid:

I don't know why she thinks fat people need to get on a treadmill. This kid looks very active. Lookit him go.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:49 pm

I've seen that vid before. Isn't it supposed to be a girl?
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Quote :
That's not how she deals with criticism, it's how she deals with douchebags.

There's a difference between 15 comments that criticize, and 200 comments that say "you're ugly and your mother dresses funny".

The whole purpose of which is to make sure that no actual debate can happen because there's too much noise.
Oh, that's why she deleted my responses to "SCREW FORMAL EDUCATION".

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 724940

Quote :
I never understood people who come onto a site only to complain about
the host. If they are so offended then they should go read Dear Abby or
some stupid advice column in Glamour telling them 65 ways to please a
man
. These commenters are not interested in a discussion or even a
solution. They just seem to like the sound of their own voice, or in
this case, the look of their font.
Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 384608
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Dear Bony McNoass:

Aside from your backwards morals, judgmental attitude, and IMMENSE ignorance, what the fuck qualifications do you have for telling people what to do?

- Someone Who Prefers Women With Tits and a Non-Melting Face

PS: :fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid: :fatkid:
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Holy fucking shit. She really did baleet my post. I'm ONE OF THE COOL KIDS NOW! Yeah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next