Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux

Go down 
+135
ViewSonic
Dixie
Snake Bandage
PendragonGirl
Saleha
knightwithoutacause
Ghost in the Machine
myeerah
Knorg
Yattara
rachel
Beregond5
lemmingwriter
Freezer
Salamas
Mouse
rae
Anon
bleachedblackcat
Nihilist
Howithurts
Kommandar
Rageful Jewel
Quijotesca
William Shakespeare
Owlish
littledorrit
Azzandra
grmblfjx
Electron Blue
4shadowedice4
fapfapfap
GamemasterAnthony
TheHermit
neko mata
Shubby the Lurkette
Notanoni
EricD
TheHedonist
Mugg
CaptainMcNeil
Braigwen
Somath Cegem
Adagio
Max III
Lexin
I_Lam_Edhellen
The Scientist
WD40
Ozymandias
Mr.Doobie
TheIan
Vilecat
pirategrrl
Tungsten Monk
KJM
XLT-100852.0
Lembech
Reidmar
Dr. Quinzel
kleine_kat
Ihdreniel
Reepicheep-chan
Sutremaine
ZoZo
Jay/Cris
Notomys mordax
Twonky
Sheba
Exodia's Right Leg
unskilled78
Lurv
tim gueguen
Deutschtard
Bashful
Dick Powers
Mikey Go WOOGA
gaijinguy
Cactus Wren
Aggie
Trioculus
Malganis
T.S.Orr
Generic Thirteen
Waffles
DarthDarthington
Rabid Badger
saeku
Keith Fraser
Melissa
Lady Anne
Chaltab
theweirdkind
Hot Cancer
Pierre Gringoire
Cyberwulf
Maximilia
Sparrow
Narwhal
Penguin
Alhazred
Sakurelf
Mae Bedlam
KGarrett
EileenK98
Miss Prince
slaughter_all
A_Note_Chaotic
Sisco
Dr. Professor Science
Bast
Bamshalam
fishstickhater
Lapin
Kirby
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Fitchsticks
NastyHobbitses
Drabbler
InkWeaver
Animir
lovedless
Mafiosa
SokMunkie
Spotts1701
Delcat
anangrychocobo
Raine
Mr. Comic Book
Kremlin
Ceres
KelinciHutan
Miraba
Chris91
Lysander
139 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 2:22 am

Sisco wrote:
This is all just the result of the producers trying to cater to little kids, 13 year old fanboys and stupid people. Still, remember that there ARE good movies out there.
Unfortunately, they've stopped being made. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:03 am

Has anyone mentioned The View-Master Movie yet?

Seriously...a movie about a toy that you looked through to watch still images on a slide wheel.

Who comes up with this stuff?
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:17 pm

The trailers for The Ugly Truth leaves me with the impression that it's about that outdated "Men from Mars/Women from Venus" crap, and they make me want to throw things. The wiki summary doesn't help:

Quote :
A romantically challenged morning show producer (Katherine Heigl) readily agrees to a series of outrageous tests by her male chauvinist correspondent (Gerard Butler) to prove his theories on relationships and allow her to find love. His clever ploys, however, lead to the totally expected result—she finds love at the same time that he falls in love with her.
Ahaha great so it's pretty much a premature remake of What Women Want, and Gerard Butler's gonna be the Mel Gibson who gets the girl after he sees the error of his sexist ways even though he isn't really in the wrong since all women really want is to be in the loving arms of a macho asshat who isn't into that faggy "sensitivity" bullshit.

Or, I dunno, maybe it won't be like 27 Dresses where the worst thing that could possibly happen to a woman is to be thirty-something and single. Maybe it'll be actually be a scathing deconstruction of romantic comedies and a satire on the tired gender stereotypes and unrealistic romcom ideals that hinder real life relationships more often than they help them.

...Nahhh. That would just make people confused and upset.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:

Seriously...a movie about a toy that you looked through to watch still images on a slide wheel.

Well, McG's been hankering for years to make a Hot Wheels movie with Biblical overtones....

No, that's not a joke. This is indeed a project he's been wanting to do.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:24 pm

I'm really crossing my fingers that the new Tintin movie isn't going to suck completely.

edit: OH GOOD GOD, NO.

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED FROM VIDEO GAME MOVIES, HOLLYWOOD?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
I'm really crossing my fingers that the new Tintin movie isn't going to suck completely.

Don't hire Uwe Boll?

You have to admit that Raimi's a much more accomplished and skilled director to tackle this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Mr. Comic Book wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:

Don't hire Uwe Boll?

You have to admit that Raimi's a much more accomplished and skilled director to tackle this kind of stuff.

I don't think even Peter Jackson could condense and rectify the retcons of the Warcraft storyline. It's so convoluted, overly long that a movie would eitehr be one chunk of timeline that doesn't make sense out of context or a supercondensed summary of hundreds of years of war. It's not the director, it's Warcraft just doesn't translate into a movie well at all.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:49 am

.....2012 is going to suck.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:02 am

Tintin the fucking MOVIE? SHIT!

I seen a few episodes of that. It was horribly racist and surprisingly weird, but that was what made it Tintin. They won't, can't do that now.

Turning animated things into live action is always a bad idea. I mean, look at Alvin and the Chipmunks. And Garfield. And Asterix. God, what's next? The Perishers? Dilbert? Hagar the Horrible?

I'm sitting here and I'm TWO DAMN STEPS away from crying.

But I know when a movie's gonna be bad. You know how the trailers inevitably have the best parts? They hire special people for that. Well when there's not even enough good parts in a movie for the trailer, you KNOW it's gonna suck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:26 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
I'm sitting here and I'm TWO DAMN STEPS away from crying.

It's a good thing you're sitting down then.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:08 am

Spotts1701 wrote:

People who do lots of drugs. Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 611762
Back to top Go down
lovedless
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
lovedless

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:53 am

Sakurelf wrote:
I don't think even Peter Jackson could condense and rectify the retcons of the Warcraft storyline. It's so convoluted, overly long that a movie would eitehr be one chunk of timeline that doesn't make sense out of context or a supercondensed summary of hundreds of years of war. It's not the director, it's Warcraft just doesn't translate into a movie well at all.

Which means this has too much potential for sequels and spin-off story lines. As much as I would appreciate seeing better rendered faces or IRL armor and props, by no means does this grant a movie (that should only be done with epic justice and equal epic effort) be attempted. Blizzard may steal $15 a month from me, but I think this is going to be one I'm going to have to take a pass on.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 am

There's a GI-Joe movie coming out. I saw a poster for it at the movies.

Hasbro is on a roll with Transformers, clearly.

And SHIT, GI-Joe could barely house enough plot for a 20 minute episode, how the hell are they gonna make a movie out of it?

In other news, Alvin and the Chipmunks is getting a sequel. Can anybody say, "God, you exist and you are CRUEL!"?
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:57 am

And SHIT, GI-Joe could barely house enough plot for a 20 minute episode, how the hell are they gonna make a movie out of it?

By basing it on the comics, which were decidedly not for children, were often more batshit insane than military drama on TV is today, had real guns instead of bizarrely inaccurate lasers, and people getting shot by them. Quite a lot. The difference is more striking than the difference between the goofy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon of the nineties and the also-decidedly-not-for-children comic it was based on that equal amounts of viewers never knew existed.

Of course, they're not going to do that.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 pm

People here are saying that Hollywood is running out of ideas.

After seeing that they plan to make a sequel to an apallingly badly recieved movie about computer animated chipmunks, I'm inclined to agree.

In fact, regarding ALL the trailers I saw today, I'm inclined to agree.

They're remaking Nightmare on Elm Street, you know. Like they did with Friday 13th.

REMAKES! SEQUELS! CRAZY SHIT ABOUT HOUSES FLYING WITH BALLOONS! AND SOME INVENTOR WHO WORKS OUT HOW TO TURN WATER INTO FOOD!

I think I've made my point...
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 pm

People here are saying that Hollywood is running out of ideas.

After seeing that they plan to make a sequel to an apallingly badly recieved movie about computer animated chipmunks, I'm inclined to agree.
There are still ideas in Hollywood. What makes you think that everyone and their uncle in that place doesn't have some ~AMAZING~ screenplay that they constantly have tucked under their shoulder in the hopes that they'll accidentally bump into some bigshot producer who'll be willing to give them lots and lots of cash?

The ones that are getting greenlit, however, are usually the ones that companies are certain will make money. At the moment, most of those ideas are remakes and sequels, as they are safer and thus perceived as guaranteed monkey makers.

Quote :
CRAZY SHIT ABOUT HOUSES FLYING WITH BALLOONS!
I feel really sorry for you sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm

CRAZY SHIT ABOUT HOUSES FLYING WITH BALLOONS!

Pixar's Up was ballsy and brilliant. How on earth did it managed to get lumped in with that other stuff? No comprende.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Hey, I haven't seen the film. But all I could think of when I saw the trailer was "Somebody was fucking TRIPPING when they wrote this movie."

I'm allowed to judge movies that aren't out yet based on a trailer that looks like somebody's first crack trip.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Harley, go watch it. I'm serious. Pony up for a movie ticket and just go watch it.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm allowed to judge movies that aren't out yet based on a trailer that looks like somebody's first crack trip.
I have trouble imagining that someone who writes robot mpreg without questioning its plausibility can deem a trailer trippy for an image as comparably less unusual as a floating house.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Oh, very well... I'll get onto it next week.

But seriously... A FLOATING HOUSE?! Good movie or not, doesn't it strike you as just a little desperate when Hollywood starts using ideas like that? Even if it IS Pixar?
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No.

What Pixar has and you don't:

IMAGINATION.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:28 pm

AND SOME INVENTOR WHO WORKS OUT HOW TO TURN WATER INTO FOOD!

If you mean Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, that one's based off a children's book. Which doesn't automatically equal suckitude.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Mae Bedlam wrote:

No.

What Pixar has and you don't:

IMAGINATION.

Mae?

I'm going to hunt you down, and kill you slowly, with a pickaxe. Moments before you die, I'm going to stop killing you, and leave you to bleed to death, in a broken toilet filled with pig's fecal matter. I want you to know now, so you can't say I didn't warn you.

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY says I lack imagination and lives.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Harley, keep digging that hole. It never gets old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux
Page 3 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next