Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux

Go down 
+135
ViewSonic
Dixie
Snake Bandage
PendragonGirl
Saleha
knightwithoutacause
Ghost in the Machine
myeerah
Knorg
Yattara
rachel
Beregond5
lemmingwriter
Freezer
Salamas
Mouse
rae
Anon
bleachedblackcat
Nihilist
Howithurts
Kommandar
Rageful Jewel
Quijotesca
William Shakespeare
Owlish
littledorrit
Azzandra
grmblfjx
Electron Blue
4shadowedice4
fapfapfap
GamemasterAnthony
TheHermit
neko mata
Shubby the Lurkette
Notanoni
EricD
TheHedonist
Mugg
CaptainMcNeil
Braigwen
Somath Cegem
Adagio
Max III
Lexin
I_Lam_Edhellen
The Scientist
WD40
Ozymandias
Mr.Doobie
TheIan
Vilecat
pirategrrl
Tungsten Monk
KJM
XLT-100852.0
Lembech
Reidmar
Dr. Quinzel
kleine_kat
Ihdreniel
Reepicheep-chan
Sutremaine
ZoZo
Jay/Cris
Notomys mordax
Twonky
Sheba
Exodia's Right Leg
unskilled78
Lurv
tim gueguen
Deutschtard
Bashful
Dick Powers
Mikey Go WOOGA
gaijinguy
Cactus Wren
Aggie
Trioculus
Malganis
T.S.Orr
Generic Thirteen
Waffles
DarthDarthington
Rabid Badger
saeku
Keith Fraser
Melissa
Lady Anne
Chaltab
theweirdkind
Hot Cancer
Pierre Gringoire
Cyberwulf
Maximilia
Sparrow
Narwhal
Penguin
Alhazred
Sakurelf
Mae Bedlam
KGarrett
EileenK98
Miss Prince
slaughter_all
A_Note_Chaotic
Sisco
Dr. Professor Science
Bast
Bamshalam
fishstickhater
Lapin
Kirby
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Fitchsticks
NastyHobbitses
Drabbler
InkWeaver
Animir
lovedless
Mafiosa
SokMunkie
Spotts1701
Delcat
anangrychocobo
Raine
Mr. Comic Book
Kremlin
Ceres
KelinciHutan
Miraba
Chris91
Lysander
139 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Meh.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 367135 I like it. Looks very streamlined.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:26 pm

kleine_kat wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

I haven't watched the Smurfs cartoon except for maybe 1 or 2 episodes on Boomerang when I was young, but I'm pretty sure this movie is...

1) Going to be an abortion

and 2) have almost nothing in common with the original show.

It's actually worse: they rape canon.

Rape? "Assassinate" would be more like it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:

I haven't watched the Smurfs cartoon except for maybe 1 or 2 episodes on Boomerang when I was young, but I'm pretty sure this movie is...

1) Going to be an abortion

and 2) have almost nothing in common with the original show.

This is actually really upsetting, I like a couple of the actual actors in this.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:15 pm

The publicity material only ever refers to her as Selina Kyle, though. She may, like Harvey did the last time, only pick up the alter ego late in the film (or she may not at all).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Lapin wrote:
Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 367135 I like it. Looks very streamlined.

Julie Newmar's costume in the '66 series was streamlined. This looks like it could be literally anybody at all. What's the point of having Catwoman in the movie if she's not even going to have any cat motifs on her outfit? OK, they don't want her to have claws? I'll concede that. I don't care for the idea, but I'll concede it. But a cat-eared hood isn't too much to ask for, is it? Even with the goggles she's wearing, a cat hood would go a long way toward fixing this outfit's issues. Hell, I could even accept a cat-motif biker helmet (think Reb Brown's Captain America) if it came to that. Just SOMETHING that would mark this is a visually identifiable Catwoman. Even though Newmar never wore the comic book cowl mask, they put a lot of cat visuals on her (and on her successors, Lee Meriwether and Eartha Kitt). Cat-eared hair barrette, catlike harlequin mask, lion's head necklace, cat-whisker eye makeup...a lot of little things that came together to make her Catwoman pop. Even an approach similar to that would have worked for Hathaway. This outfit is just lazy.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 pm

You're assuming that this one shot means that she's going to look like that for the entire show.
Back to top Go down
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Why are they making this movie? It's going to suck!1111!!!!

Holy crap. I can't believe this spoof was made in 2009 and this fad is still continuing.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 pm

MSNBC is reporting that they're going to do a remake of "Dirty Dancing" to "modernize" it.

I'm not even a big fan of the original, but I am dismayed at this blatant money-grab move.
Back to top Go down
Rageful Jewel

Rageful Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
MSNBC is reporting that they're going to do a remake of "Dirty Dancing" to "modernize" it.

I'm not even a big fan of the original, but I am dismayed at this blatant money-grab move.

I'm confused; I thought Dirty Dancing: Havana Night was the remake. Now their making another one? Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 724940
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:30 am

That's Catwoman? That's the worst costume ever. It's pathetic. She doesn't even have a whip.

In pretty much every incarnation of Catwoman, she's been a cat-based burgular. Not some sort of vigilante.

Hell, that costume reminds me more of Batgirl than Catwoman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:58 am

Rageful Jewel wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:

I'm confused; I thought Dirty Dancing: Havana Night was the remake. Now their making another one? Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 724940

It was. And, as far as I know, it kind of tanked. But since I'm too lazy to waste 30 seconds I would need to do the research....oh well.

The original Dirty Dancing film was stupid enough. Why set something in the 1960s, when you're just going to get everything wrong, anyway? Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 585516
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 am

Coming in late to the Catwoman pic: It's a fake. It's a shooped Lara Croft Cosplay that was posted on fucking DeviantArt

Not that the actual costume would look much different...

Here's an official pic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WHERE'S THE FUCKING CAT EARS?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:03 am

Well, at least she's stealing things.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Heh... hopefully though this will give Nolan the idea that it's a really lousy design and we do want him to stay true to that aspect. It's only got very vague associations with looking feline around the eyes a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:27 am

@ Mr. Comic Book

So you're saying the upcoming Christopher Nolan Batman Movie is going to suck because the Catwoman costume doesn't look feline enough for your tastes?

I mean, it's probably not because Christopher Nolan has had a pretty good track record for making Batman movies so far so why doubt him based on a couple release photos, right?
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:01 am

WD40 wrote:
Coming in late to the Catwoman pic: It's a fake. It's a shooped Lara Croft Cosplay that was posted on fucking DeviantArt

Not that the actual costume would look much different...

Here's an official pic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WHERE'S THE FUCKING CAT EARS?

I may be clinging to straws here but there's something at the top of her glasses which may pop up and look like cat ears...
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:10 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
@ Mr. Comic Book

So you're saying the upcoming Christopher Nolan Batman Movie is going to suck because the Catwoman costume doesn't look feline enough for your tastes?

I mean, it's probably not because Christopher Nolan has had a pretty good track record for making Batman movies so far so why doubt him based on a couple release photos, right?

Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:31 am

You forget that Mr. Comic Book hates the Nolanverse.

For me, Batman has existed in so many styles over the years, I don't mind new styles at all. Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Cute kid show, very enjoyable. Still Batman. The original TV series with Adam West? Campy as fuck, but funny. Still Batman. Justice League? Great show that introduced a lot of second-stringers into the public eye. STILL BATMAN.

I like Nolan too. The movies are fun and entertaining, there's obviously a lot of effort going into them, and the special-effects tend to be badass. So I'm not going to jump all over a costume, bitching about how he's ruined Catwoman. I mean, have you seen that monstrosity she wore in the comics for a few years, with the purple dress and the green cape? Costumes change. Big deal.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:03 am

Lapin wrote:

For me, Batman has existed in so many styles over the years, I don't mind new styles at all. Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Cute kid show, very enjoyable. Still Batman. The original TV series with Adam West? Campy as fuck, but funny. Still Batman. Justice League? Great show that introduced a lot of second-stringers into the public eye. STILL BATMAN.

I like Nolan too. The movies are fun and entertaining, there's obviously a lot of effort going into them, and the special-effects tend to be badass. So I'm not going to jump all over a costume, bitching about how he's ruined Catwoman. I mean, have you seen that monstrosity she wore in the comics for a few years, with the purple dress and the green cape? Costumes change. Big deal.

I'm not very familiar with Mr. Comic Book or his opinions on the Nolanverse.

I mean, the Nolanverse isn't perfect, and the second movie is very overrated mostly due to Ledgers performance, but both the movies were, at the very least decent. So I expect a similar level of quality out of the upcoming Batman movie.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Lapin wrote:

I mean, the Nolanverse isn't perfect, and the second movie is very overrated mostly due to Ledgers performance, but both the movies were, at the very least decent. So I expect a similar level of quality out of the upcoming Batman movie.
That's the spirit.

I find the Nolanverse movies to be very enjoyable to a degree. As you said Doob, they're not perfect (My biggest gripe was with Ra's al Ghul's name being mispronounced, really hoped at the very least they'd get that right), but they are decent.

I don't plan to complain about Catwoman's outfit either. It seems to fit the with the rest of the movie style.

I'm just hoping Riddler isn't some down-played schmuck.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I don't mind the Catwoman costume. I think making it more cat-like might have gone a bit too far into the cartoony realm. Though she could have possibly covered up her face a little more...
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:17 pm

TheIan wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
Lapin wrote:

That's the spirit.

I find the Nolanverse movies to be very enjoyable to a degree. As you said Doob, they're not perfect (My biggest gripe was with Ra's al Ghul's name being mispronounced, really hoped at the very least they'd get that right), but they are decent.

I don't plan to complain about Catwoman's outfit either. It seems to fit the with the rest of the movie style.

You and me both. He just has so much potential as a villain. Nolan made me a wee bit uncomfortable with the Scarecrow, which is more than I can say for any other 'verse, so here's hoping he gives the Riddler some deserved BAMF credentials at last.

As for Catwoman, to be completely honest, I have no investment in her as a character. To me, Batgirl, the Batwoman, Phantasm, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn were much more interesting characters, if we want to include a female in this 'verse. Harley Quinn is probably not going to happen, because of Ledger's untimely death, and Nolan has expressed distaste for the inclusion of sidekicks, so that rules out Batgirl. Batwoman is also a no-go, judging by how this Batman hates imitation. But Poison Ivy is workable in this 'verse (It would involve a lot of depowering and a lot more SCIENCE, but there's a lot you can work with there), and the Phantasm is definitely doable. She's probably the most realistic, actually, despite my epic fangirl love for Poison Ivy.

Catwoman is just kind of eh for me. She's a jewel thief with a cat theme. ("Cat-burglar", witty indeed) Okay. Um. What else? Some vague mumbling about animal rights. Which is not seemingly related to the stealing thing. She's in love with Batman (Why, I never knew). I just never saw all that much to care about.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:28 am

Raine wrote:
I don't mind the Catwoman costume. I think making it more cat-like might have gone a bit too far into the cartoony realm. Though she could have possibly covered up her face a little more...

Not entirely agreeing with you here. There's a reason she's called 'Catwoman'. If you take away all hints of cattiness, she's no longer Catwoman and you might just as well take any other random female antagonist/love interest/whatever she is. Batman's costume still looks batlike. That's why he's called Batman and not Angry Geezer. Still, I have no idea if this is the final costume. I'm still hoping for the same kind of ears Batman has, only worked into her glasses.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:19 am

Lapin wrote:
TheIan wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
Lapin wrote:

That's the spirit.

You and me both. He just has so much potential as a villain. Nolan made me a wee bit uncomfortable with the Scarecrow, which is more than I can say for any other 'verse, so here's hoping he gives the Riddler some deserved BAMF credentials at last.

As for Catwoman, to be completely honest, I have no investment in her as a character. To me, Batgirl, the Batwoman, Phantasm, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn were much more interesting characters, if we want to include a female in this 'verse. Harley Quinn is probably not going to happen, because of Ledger's untimely death, and Nolan has expressed distaste for the inclusion of sidekicks, so that rules out Batgirl. Batwoman is also a no-go, judging by how this Batman hates imitation. But Poison Ivy is workable in this 'verse (It would involve a lot of depowering and a lot more SCIENCE, but there's a lot you can work with there), and the Phantasm is definitely doable. She's probably the most realistic, actually, despite my epic fangirl love for Poison Ivy.

Catwoman is just kind of eh for me. She's a jewel thief with a cat theme. ("Cat-burglar", witty indeed) Okay. Um. What else? Some vague mumbling about animal rights. Which is not seemingly related to the stealing thing. She's in love with Batman (Why, I never knew). I just never saw all that much to care about.

Agreed, Poison Ivy could very easily just be translated into a powerless, yet colorful, eco-terrorist.

And isn't Catwoman kind of a good guy now? Doesn't she steal jewels so she can give them to a bunch of poor children in Bludhaven?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux
Page 19 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next