Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"

Go down 
+50
Electron Blue
Penguin
Vex
littledorrit
VtheHappyLurker
Kevin M
Vermilion_Fire
Alhazred
Gally
Jesus.
OzymandiasBowie
Cleoface
SirDixonDongs
Sarin
Reidmar
Chicago Brown
Chris91
Rabid Badger
Saki
Braigwen
Solitia
Sakurelf
Zoe
RattyRayvn
Miraba
quamp
Fairlight
Lysander
Generic Thirteen
InkWeaver
Lembech
Seule
Alana
slaughter_all
Bamshalam
A_Note_Chaotic
fishstickhater
Blooferlady
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Reepicheep-chan
grmblfjx
AngryRobotsInc
ZoZo
Verandering
Narwhal
anangrychocobo
Mae Bedlam
Delcat
Mafiosa
lovedless
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:18 am

SirDixonDongs wrote:
i plan on not making it to 30 ergo i am going to get dicks tattoed on my face

Commendable! Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 294254
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:51 pm

You know another problem about tattoos? If you ever become a wanted criminal, they're an easy way of identification. So if you get one, you'd better not become a serial killer, is what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
You know another problem about tattoos? If you ever become a wanted criminal, they're an easy way of identification. So if you get one, you'd better not become a serial killer, is what I'm saying.

What if you are the one to get murdered, huh? A taatoo would make you more easy to ID for the sake of your poor greiving family. All you can think about YOU and YOUR desire to become a mass murderer. Never your poor mother and how she will feel when you are a Jane Doe in a crime lab somewhere and she is wondering why she has not heard from you.

Selfish brat.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 9:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:38 am

What's up with her ribcage? scratch
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:21 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
What's up with her ribcage? scratch

And why doesn't she have any arms? Shocked

I'm getting a really scary 'Boxing Helena' vibe from this. And a definite feeling that the 'artist' never studied anatomy (look at her 'feet').
Back to top Go down
Gally

Gally

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 10:31 pm

I really dislike people pulling out the "You'll still have it when you're 80 and you know what it will look like then?!" as a way to justify the dislike of tattoos.

Now, some of the tattoos here are pretty bad. Some are great. Some have more....questionable pop culture references that might be regrettable in the future. Like the Bart one. Or the cat one. Those are so laughably bad they are uncomfortable to see.

Me? Being tattooed, I don't care squat about what my tattoos will look like when I am older. By the time I make it into an old folks' home, it's likely I will have little to no clue anymore and won't care. On that note, if I do remember, at least I know I will have had fun when I was younger. I think I will be more worried about my saggy boobs and wrinkly face, since it ALL goes down the pan when you're older, not just the tattoos.

That being said, my fandom tattoo is Leeloo's tattoo from "The Fifth Element." I am a raging-hardcore 5th fan and have been since the film came out in '97. I don't have any tattoos I regret, but then it takes me a long time to consider what I want on my body.

I know, I know: tl:dr.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:51 am

You did it wrong. A 5th Element tattoo should just be the word "MULTIPASS!"
Back to top Go down
Gally

Gally

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Alhazred wrote:
You did it wrong. A 5th Element tattoo should just be the word "MULTIPASS!"

I fail. Dry

Thanks for steering me in the right direction, though...I may have that tattooed on my other wrist!
Back to top Go down
Vermilion_Fire

Vermilion_Fire

Location : "Baghdad on the Bayou" Seriously, that's a legit nick for Houston! *snark*

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:27 am

Quote :
This one actually propelled me away from the computer screen. Who can resist Edward Cullen's creepy pedo-gaze at the checkout line at Wal-Mart? He sees you when you're shopping....

Look if you must

More than one of these can be found here if you want to look through it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/teresa.j.schulte
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:55 am

Vermilion_Fire wrote:
Quote :
This one actually propelled me away from the computer screen. Who can resist Edward Cullen's creepy pedo-gaze at the checkout line at Wal-Mart? He sees you when you're shopping....

Look if you must

More than one of these can be found here if you want to look through it. Shocked

Mommy, I'm scared. Make it go away. Please? pale
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
This is the worst thing ever. Literally. It's the Capcom vs. Marvel roster.

I'll be honest....that's actually pretty fucking cool.
Back to top Go down
VtheHappyLurker

VtheHappyLurker

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:46 pm

Have a friend who has Inspector Gadget's face tattooed to her upper arm, but I'd say it's pretty nicely done.

Most of these that are up here are pretty damn awful, but I did like the Wolverine riding a pony.
Back to top Go down
http://xellos-otaku-21.livejournal.com/
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
littledorrit

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Fairlight wrote:
I don't know if this counts, but recently I saw someone with a row of small numbers tattooed on his arm, like a concentration camp victim.

I have a friend of a friend who did that as a tribute to a beloved relative. However, I'm certain someone has done the same thing for a stupid reason. The line between "actually incredibly beautiful and moving" and "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??" is almost invisibly thin when it comes to, um, mimic concentration camp tattoos.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:02 am

It could be worse. It could have been real.
Back to top Go down
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
littledorrit

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:32 am

It could be worse. It could have been real.

Brilliant comment.

This is author Primo Levi's grave. He asked that his Auschwitz number be carved on it, because he couldn't imagine himself without it.

You never know how people will react to a visible mutilation or mark of shame - remember Hester Prynne from The Scarlet Letter and her beautiful embroidery, or think of women who don't get their mascectomy scars cosmetically repaired after they recover from cancer, even if they can afford the additional surgery. The unpleasant reminder may remain an awful thing forever, or the person may "get used to it" and become indifferent, or it may become a symbol of resilience and pride, or something more complicated could happen.

PS: read Primo Levi. He basically has no fandom (and maybe that's a good thing), but it's worth it 10x over.
Back to top Go down
Vex

Vex

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:20 am

The words laser surgery come to mind , just sayin' .
Back to top Go down
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:12 am

Personally I think some fandom tattoos are nice, mostly the ones that are of a symbol or emblem related to something in the canon rather than a huge picture of the characters or something. Like I dunno a Triforce on the back of the hand. Then again maybe that's terrible and I'm just no good at tattoo evaluating.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:20 pm

anangrychocobo wrote:
Personally I think some fandom tattoos are nice, mostly the ones that are of a symbol or emblem related to something in the canon rather than a huge picture of the characters or something. Like I dunno a Triforce on the back of the hand. Then again maybe that's terrible and I'm just no good at tattoo evaluating.
I intend on putting the Serious Bomb on my shoulder, since it looks cool and would be so to people who haven't ever played the game. Seen here:
Now I just have to work up the motivation to actually do it.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Be prepared to be stopped and interrogated by airport security and border patrols if you ever decide to go...well, anywhere for the rest of your life.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Penguin wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That, while a horrible idea, is at least well executed. I mean, you can recognize the people and all that.
Good lord though, am I ever glad nobody in my family is the fanbrat type.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Remember, it'll still be there when you're 80...
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Remember, it'll still be there when you're 80...

And considerably faded.

My oldest son got his first tattoo as soon as he turned 18, and he's been accumulating them at the rate of 1-2 per year since them. He's already got one entire arm covered, and most of his right leg to the knee.

Unfortunately, he's starting to talk about getting his girlfriend's name tattooed on his other arm. They're getting ready to move in together, and while I'm happy for them, I've been trying to subtly point out to him the dangers of getting someone's name tattooed on you-i.e., you can't be sure it's going to last forever. My boss at my last job married a girl he'd known in high school who'd been married before and had her previous husband's name tattooed on her clavicle. Thankfully for him, they were both named Mark, so he wasn't faced with staring at another' guy's name whenever they had sex. Something that I would find a definite turn-off, but maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:07 am

Aggie wrote:
Be prepared to be stopped and interrogated by airport security and border patrols if you ever decide to go...well, anywhere for the rest of your life.
Worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"   Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY" - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan Art gone wild, or better known as "FAILURES IN THE TATTOO INDUSTRY"
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next