Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Bad Anime Thread

Go down 
+65
CaptainMcNeil
knightwithoutacause
kleine_kat
Gamma Vector
Observed
Orihime
Salamas
Majin Gojira
karmyn31
XLT-100852.0
Maximilia
Sutremaine
EileenK98
theweirdkind
KJM
Yorokobi
Dr. Quinzel
Blazer
Lapin
Freezer
Kitbug
Psy-4
Chris91
mistressminako
Adagio
Reepicheep-chan
Exodia's Right Leg
caffeine addict
Penguin
Lurv
Somath Cegem
Tenda Lucas
Just Chipper
Saleha
Sarin
The Alien from Uranus
Aggie
Kevin M
Indy
Waffles
Miss Prince
Zeiss Manifold
Sheba
Dick Powers
vade
Tungsten Monk
Kari Izumi
Delcat
Mae Bedlam
Raine
Ceres
AngryRobotsInc
Manny
Snake Bandage
myeerah
Verandering
Keith Fraser
Lembech
saeku
gaijinguy
quamp
InkWeaver
Notomys mordax
Mafiosa
I_Lam_Edhellen
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:30 am

Apocalypse Zero. Full stop. I got this out of a bargain bin at Suncoast for a "thinking of you" present for my sister. It was...enjoyed.

In an uncanny show of AI, you'll note that Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure is linked in the "related videos" tab. I can't say which is more disturbing, really.

ETA: You know, for once I think the new page bump is justified.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:03 am

myeerah wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
How the fuck do you mess up Gojyo, seriously?

Like that. It pained me to listen to him. Of course, the anime pained me in general, so...

Gojyo being my favourite character from the series... Are you talking about the English dub? I have only seen the subtitled version, and I really liked Gojyo's Japanese voice actor (A friend of mine said it was the same guy who did a character in One Piece's voice... Sanji was the character's name? Not sure, as I don't like the series.). I'll feel lame if his voice is the Japanese equivalent of a west coast american surfer dude. XD
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:21 am

Verandering wrote:
myeerah wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
How the fuck do you mess up Gojyo, seriously?

Like that. It pained me to listen to him. Of course, the anime pained me in general, so...

Gojyo being my favourite character from the series... Are you talking about the English dub? I have only seen the subtitled version, and I really liked Gojyo's Japanese voice actor (A friend of mine said it was the same guy who did a character in One Piece's voice... Sanji was the character's name? Not sure, as I don't like the series.). I'll feel lame if his voice is the Japanese equivalent of a west coast american surfer dude. XD

Yeah, he was fine in the sub, but the English dub was terrifyingly bad.
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:36 am

Raine wrote:
I really dislike K-ON (even though it makes me deliriously happy to watch...), but there's music shows, and then there's shows that pretend to be music shows. This is one of the latter. Every episode is basically them just sitting around being moe moe~kyun <3 and whenever they get around to practising they cut away only to come back to them hitting the last chord. Annoys the hell out of me.

Well, there's a reason for the cutting away. Watching Japanese people practice music is BORING. Japanese rock stars tend to stand still when they're playing instruments, moving only the parts needed to play their instruments. Just look up any concert by some j-pop star that also plays an instrument to see what I mean.
Personally, I liked K-ON! not for the moe kawaiiness but for character interaction and the writing of it. My favorite character is Sawako Yamanaka (the advisor,) actually.

Jusging by your post, I'm also guessing you didn't like Azumanga Daioh or Lucky Star either. You know, I've been hearing people call it a Lucky Star or Azumanga Daioh rip-off. I really wish people would stop comparing every girl school based anime with AD. It's getting old and annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 am

quamp wrote:
Jusging by your post, I'm also guessing you didn't like Azumanga Daioh or Lucky Star either. You know, I've been hearing people call it a Lucky Star or Azumanga Daioh rip-off. I really wish people would stop comparing every girl school based anime with AD. It's getting old and annoying.

Actually, I loved those. Lucky Star was tedious at times, but I enjoyed it enough (especially Lucky Channel. That was the best part).
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 am

Ah, remember how I talked about Ogenki Clinic? Well, I just ran into a sample page of it... NOT WORK SAFE, NOT BRAIN SAFE.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
Kari Izumi
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Bleach is an anime that TPTB should have waited another year at least before turning into an anime. The way they've inserted filler into the current Hueco Mundo arc is nothing short of terrible and jarring. I didn't watch the last one because I was months behind by the time I got my Internet turned back on a few months ago, but I've heard nothign good about that one.

But I'd take filler princesses and plushies over Yuugioh's filler any day. Especially season four. *shudders*

The worst anime I've come across? Papa to Kiss in the Dark (Not work safe). If the fact that the protagonist likes getting boned by his dad isn't enough, his grating, whiny ass voice will be. I watched this with absolutely no spoilers as to what it was about, so I was rather...surprised (to put it lightly).

There's also a "twist" at the end that most probably will see coming long before its revealed, which was also lame.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:56 am

Confession time: I have a weird soft spot for Dokuro-chan. (If anybody's going to be at the Chicago Comic-Con, then you'll get to see me carrying Excalibolg myself, AAMOF.) Nobody can say it's good, but it's so damn weird that it's sometimes hard to look away. An angel sent to kill a guy who, in the future, will turn the world into a pedophile's paradise? Fine, fine, whatever. Said angel falls in love with said guy? Um . . . okay. But continues to kill him on a regular basis? Erm . . . And apparently, angels get diarrhea when you remove their halos? WTF?

Really, you spend so much time trying to figure out what the hell's going on that it's hard to hate.

Chiming in on Get-Backers and Naruto. I love the GB manga, but the anime looked like it was produced quick and on the cheap--there seems to be a clause now that every manga gets an anime, no matter how underfunded or badly created.

Naruto, on the other hand, seemed to have the opposite problem. Watched it with my ex, who was kind of a Narutard at the time; I was bored by the time of the bridge fight scene, only a few episodes in. Dokuro-chan's not trying to be anything but bizarre, but with a full-scale production like Naruto, you kind of expect some solidity in the plot and characterization. No dice.

And this may just be my personal prejudices, but Rozen Maiden annoys the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:55 am

Tungsten Monk wrote:
And this may just be my personal prejudices, but Rozen Maiden annoys the hell out of me.

I blame Hina Ichigo myself. Introducing an annoying character like that at the start doesn't help, and my anime club dropped it a few episodes in.

However, it seems to grow on you once you get past that first point. It took me a couple years before I picked up the series again and watched it, but I quite enjoyed it (if only for the memes, but still...).
Back to top Go down
AngryRobotsInc
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
AngryRobotsInc

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:20 am

Delcat wrote:
Apocalypse Zero. Full stop. I got this out of a bargain bin at Suncoast for a "thinking of you" present for my sister. It was...enjoyed.

In an uncanny show of AI, you'll note that Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure is linked in the "related videos" tab. I can't say which is more disturbing, really.

ETA: You know, for once I think the new page bump is justified.

This. Gods above, this.

I purposefully go out of my way to try to watch anime that won't make me bleed from my eyes, so I don't really have much on my "Holy shit, this is terrible" list. Besides Apocalypse Zero. Which was shown to me. I didn't pick that one out myself.
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:55 am

Quote :
Well, there's a reason for the cutting away.
Watching Japanese people practice music is BORING. Japanese rock stars
tend to stand still when they're playing instruments, moving only the
parts needed to play their instruments. Just look up any concert by
some j-pop star that also plays an instrument to see what I mean.

Fucking word! I love Utada Hikaru to pieces, but in the Utada United DVD, she barely moved. Lots of walking around, no dancing, not even back up dancers. I can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 2:49 pm

I just saw that clip of Papa to Kiss in the Dark.

Oh my God.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:02 pm

vade wrote:

Oh my God.

Wait 'til you see Boku no Pico.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:28 pm

quamp wrote:
Ah, remember how I talked about Ogenki Clinic? Well, I just ran into a sample page of it... NOT WORK SAFE, NOT BRAIN SAFE.
[url=http://galleries.pichunter.com/krawl/175/1758779/index.html
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Content aside, who melted that poor woman's face?
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Sasuke's Wife wrote:
vade wrote:

Oh my God.

Wait 'til you see Boku no Pico.

...You know what? Because of my morbid curiousity, I will watch both of these shows. Starting with Kiss in the Dark, since I need to find out who mothered that kid. I can't NOT know.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Write a review on both for great justice.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:48 pm

If Angel Cop doesn't belong in this thread, then I'm a banana!
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Well, I just saw both episodes of Papa to Kiss in the Dark (yes, there are only two, thank God). You know, this could've been a heartwarming and sappy story of
Spoiler:
Instead, it was turned into this incestuous fuck fest under the guise of TWU WUV!!11! and the fangirls were just eating it up. The boy clearly said no several times but that just made his "papa" more aggressive. And the worse part is, everyone was acting like this was normal behavior! THIS ISN'T. THAT MAN WAS CLEARLY MOLESTING THAT BOY AND RAISING HIM TO BE HIS SEX SLAVE AND ANYONE WHO FINDS THIS CUTE SHOULD BE ASHAMED. How does anyone like this crap?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:17 pm

I love the dubbing in old anime. Why are they fighting David Bowie?

vade wrote:
Well, I just saw both episodes of Papa to Kiss in the Dark (yes, there are only two, thank God). You know, this could've been a heartwarming and sappy story of
Spoiler:
Instead, it was turned into this incestuous fuck fest under the guise of TWU WUV!!11! and the fangirls were just eating it up. The boy clearly said no several times but that just made his "papa" more aggressive. And the worse part is, everyone was acting like this was normal behavior! THIS ISN'T. THAT MAN WAS CLEARLY MOLESTING THAT BOY AND RAISING HIM TO BE HIS SEX SLAVE AND ANYONE WHO FINDS THIS CUTE SHOULD BE ASHAMED. How does anyone like this crap?

It's not that only show like that. Zarla's recap of Okage ga Nai is hilarious. I remember some chick asking "why does Zarla hate all the yaoi I like?" Maybe it's because you have shitty taste.
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm

That recap was hilarious. Oh, how I wish I were that creative when it comes to reviews! If I were I wouldn't hesitate starting threads in New Releases.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:25 pm

vade wrote:
The boy clearly said no several times but that just made his "papa" more aggressive. And the worse part is, everyone was acting like this was normal behavior! THIS ISN'T. THAT MAN WAS CLEARLY MOLESTING THAT BOY AND RAISING HIM TO BE HIS SEX SLAVE AND ANYONE WHO FINDS THIS CUTE SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Welcome to the plot of practically every yaoi OVA ever.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Best dub ever:

I HAVE BRUISES ALL OVER MY BODY BECAUSE I HAD TO FIGHT NAKED

This is probably what every anime looks like to someone who doesn't like anime.
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:16 am

Naruto, because the only female of note is constantly made the cheerleader or damsel in distress, when she isn't serving as Saske's masturbatory device.

Yu-Gi-Oh, the only female main characters are the one who never duels, ever, but just serves fanservice and cheerleading purposes, and the other is the big-breasted airhead that litters male-dominated fiction.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Waffles wrote:
Naruto, because the only female of note is constantly made the cheerleader or damsel in distress, when she isn't serving as Saske's masturbatory device.
I have fairly little patience with non-Nightmare Fuel aspects of the series, but Sasuke was the dude that wanted to kill his brother and thus didn't have any time or inclination to masturbate. Naruto was the one who wanted to subjugate the chickdar-whose-name-I-can't-be-arsed-to-remember's bones. Or, y'know, would if they weren't all gay for each other (see: fanart).

...stop looking at me like that. Did it for the yaoi. Fucking Kakuzu/Hidan being fucking fucked up and fucking hot.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:12 am

Ibiki's the only character from Naruto I like. He's the least annoying of the lot and he tortures people for a living.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bad Anime Thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next