Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Bad Anime Thread

Go down 
+65
CaptainMcNeil
knightwithoutacause
kleine_kat
Gamma Vector
Observed
Orihime
Salamas
Majin Gojira
karmyn31
XLT-100852.0
Maximilia
Sutremaine
EileenK98
theweirdkind
KJM
Yorokobi
Dr. Quinzel
Blazer
Lapin
Freezer
Kitbug
Psy-4
Chris91
mistressminako
Adagio
Reepicheep-chan
Exodia's Right Leg
caffeine addict
Penguin
Lurv
Somath Cegem
Tenda Lucas
Just Chipper
Saleha
Sarin
The Alien from Uranus
Aggie
Kevin M
Indy
Waffles
Miss Prince
Zeiss Manifold
Sheba
Dick Powers
vade
Tungsten Monk
Kari Izumi
Delcat
Mae Bedlam
Raine
Ceres
AngryRobotsInc
Manny
Snake Bandage
myeerah
Verandering
Keith Fraser
Lembech
saeku
gaijinguy
quamp
InkWeaver
Notomys mordax
Mafiosa
I_Lam_Edhellen
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:23 am

Sasuke's Wife wrote:
Ibiki's the only character from Naruto I like. He's the least annoying of the lot and he tortures people for a living.

I like Temari - manga version only though. Anime version had her angsting all over the place. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:42 am

The less screen time and personality a character has, the more likable they are. Kisame, Iruka, Tenten, Choji, Temari, Ibiki and Kankuro all fit into this category. You can make up anything you like about them, and no one can say otherwise since they all basically have no personalities.

Seriously though, Kisame and Ibiki are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:04 am

Naruto was fun, and then the anime fell into Filler Hell and I just read the manga. And that was fun for a good while too, but recently Kishimoto pulled a complete ass move so I'm not touching this shit either. Fuck Naruto, I stood up for this crap manga for ages and this is how it repays me? By truly, undenyably, unforgiveably sucking? Fuck that shit.

(I still like Iruka, Konohamaru, Kisame and the Sand Sibs more than I should.)
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Indy

Indy

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:39 pm

I havn't watched an anime for a long time. I have seen a few Episodes of Naruto, though... Didn't like it. Then there is Bakugan...
I can't unsee it.

EDIT: Another one I like to toss in...

Dragon Pink.
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:43 pm

I just ran across Seto no Nanayome and the stupid burned like a raging forest fire. Packed with cliches (not surprising, considering that some of the people who did Ragnarok the anime did this as well) this one is about a guy who falls in love with a mermaid... whose father is a crimelord. Essentially, it's a rip-off of another crappy anime, Very Private Lessons. The whole plot is "Let's take some dumb schmuck, put him in a bad situation, and keep making it worse and worse for him just to see how bad things get." The plot (using that term VERY loosely) is so predictable I was able to skip three episodes and not be lost. I stopped after episode 12.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:18 pm

Indy wrote:
EDIT: Another one I like to toss in...

Dragon Pink.
Really? I didn't think it was that bad.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Baki the Grappler: To be honest, the anime dose a good job correcting the horrible art of the manga, but it is the only redeeming quality of this thing. Crappy story, uninspired fight scenes, unlikable characters, and the animation is downright horrid at times. It doesn't help that we see a good number of overly muscular men fighting in speedos , and other revealing articles of clothing. At some points, you can make a case that this thing is homo-erotic.

Last edited by Kevin M on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:46 am

Kevin M wrote:
It does help a bit that we seem a good number of overly muscular men fighting in speedos , and other revealing articles of clothing. At some points, you can make a case that this thing is homo-erotic.
Fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:37 am

Delcat wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
It does help a bit that we seem a good number of overly muscular men fighting in speedos , and other revealing articles of clothing. At some points, you can make a case that this thing is homo-erotic.
Fixed.

Trust me, it really doesn't help at all.
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 am

Delcat wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
Fixed.
Wait, for a second there I thought we were talking about American comics.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:20 am

saeku wrote:
Wait, for a second there I thought we were talking about American comics.

Now why on earth would you think that? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:40 am

Dick Powers wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:44 am

Keith Fraser wrote:
I haven't seen it myself, but Dragonaut: The Resonance was apparently so bad that one fansub group said so at the end of the series:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Srsly? I watched a couple episodes and kinda liked it. I mean, it wasn't The Greatest Thing I Have Ever Seen, but it has enough naked people and unintentional lulz to hold my attention for the next twenty or so episodes.

I attempted to watch Bleach, InuYasha, and Naruto, and they got REALLY old REALLY fast. I find unsubbed Naruto episodes to be pretty damn lulzy, though. Knowing what's going on kinda takes out all the fun. Also, Psychic Academy, despite having massive amounts of cleavgey fanservice, bored the hell out of me. Maybe I should try watching it after a few shots to fully appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sarin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sarin

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 pm

There is nothing on this planet that's worse than MD Geist. Nothing. Between the lack of plot, the pointless, gratuitous gore, and the fact that about a third of it is the same damn battle between Geist and some ridiculous android, and the massive fucking pointlessness of it all... ugh. After MD Geist, Bastard!! is a pleasant afternoon.

US Manga Corps did a lot of terrible things, but there should have been charges filed against them for spreading this piece of shit.

Last edited by Sarin on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:24 am

Sarin wrote:
There is nothing on this planet that's worse than MD Geist. Nothing. Between the lack of plot, the pointless gratuitous gore, and the fact that about a third of it is the same damn battle between Geist and some ridiculous android, and the massive fucking pointlessness of it all... ugh. After MD Geist, Bastard!! is a pleasant afternoon.

US Manga Corps did a lot of terrible things, but there should have been charges filed against them for spreading this piece of shit.

This. So much this. I must have blacked out the fact that it wasn't in here yet. In the 90's in Germany, they were marketing this thing as like the ultimate anime EVAR. So I watched it. My reactions:

The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 453357 Shocked No :crap: :sleep:

Who would have thought that something so gory and action-y could be so goddamn BORING.

I can honestly say if I never watch MD Geist again, it's a day too early.

EDIT: This Buried Garbage column on MD Geist is quite amusing, though!
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Pretty much everything that has been released in the past 12 months have been awful, with a few exceptions [here is where I would link to Durarara!, Trapeze, Tokyo Mag. 8.0, ect.]. Most of it, however...

Well, I figured I'd review what little of Hanamaru Kindergarten [GAINAX's show for this season] I could stand. It wasn't much.
Back to top Go down
Tenda Lucas

Tenda Lucas

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Anything dubbed by 4Kids.

Yeah, yeah, I know the original unmolested versions aren't necessarily bad, but I find it hard to mention anime without bashing 4Kids. Especially for what they did to One Piece. Not to say everything done by 4Kids is necessarily bad, though.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: yea or nay? Personally, I thought it was pretty bad. Simon was minorly adorable for a while, but once you start playing "spot the phallic symbol" the whole thing becomes just impossible.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: yea or nay? Personally, I thought it was pretty bad. Simon was minorly adorable for a while, but once you start playing "spot the phallic symbol" the whole thing becomes just impossible.

Even though you probably just opened a big can of worms: I didn't like it either and think it's massively overhyped. I don't know whether I would classify it as the worst thing ever, but it didn't entertain me, either. I gave up after episode 6.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:

I could watch the animation of that and FLCL all day, plot be damned.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:55 am

Tungsten Monk wrote:

It's possibly one of the best series I've seen in the past few years. Marathon it together with Diebuster and it becomes much more awesome.

Just Chipper wrote:
Pretty much everything that has been released in the past 12 months have been awful, with a few exceptions [here is where I would link to Durarara!, Trapeze, Tokyo Mag. 8.0, ect.]. Most of it, however...

Well, I figured I'd review what little of Hanamaru Kindergarten [GAINAX's show for this season] I could stand. It wasn't much.

I can't believe you watched that. I haven't watched anything from this season yet, but Durararararara.... blah is one I should probably take a look at. Have you seen that breastmilk one yet? I hate myself that I want to watch at least one episode to see how bad it is.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 2:29 am

Tungsten Monk wrote:

You seem to have made the grave grave mistake of taking this animé seriously in any way shape or form, just what the hell do you think this show is? If all you can do is note the protagonist is cute and complain about all the drills go watch Eva instead, seriously, I've never seen somebody miss the point of a show so hard , you think I'm kidding?

Here it comes kiddies

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 am

Tungsten Monk wrote:
Simon was minorly
adorable for a while,
Simon is majorly adorable, damn it. His angst between episodes 9-12 just completely destroys me and I want to reach through the screen and give him a big old hug.

Saleha wrote:
I gave up after episode 6.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Go back and watch up to episode 13 now. I am serious.

Raine wrote:
Just Chipper wrote:
I
can't believe you watched that. I haven't watched anything from this
season yet, but Durararararara.... blah is one I should probably take a
look at. Have you seen that breastmilk one yet? I hate myself that I
want to watch at least one episode to see how bad it is.
I'm a GAINAX fanboy. Razz I suffered through Shikabane Hime [it was actually quite enjoyable at times, but mostly boring as a whole] last year for the same reason.

Durarara is really good! Ignore /a/ [doesn't everybody?] and their cries of homo-lust. It isn't really even that noticeable. Not that homo-lust is bad or anything. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And Quasar? Oh Lord, no. The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 611762 I am actually tempted to do a snark on it, but I fear for my sanity should it entertain me [or worse, arouse me].
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:56 am

So I'm not the only one who couldn't get into TTGL? I'm a little sad about it, since it is pretty, but I just found it so tedious! I know I shouldn't take it seriously, but I didn't find it very funny either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bad Anime Thread   The Bad Anime Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bad Anime Thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next