Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head

Go down 
+48
SlyChild
Verandering
Reidmar
Lysander
Bamshalam
Mystique
Perverted Demon
Psychosomatic
Waffles
Xervexagon
billyhtchcoc
Miss Prince
saeku
kexkex
TheHedonist
Dixie
Trioculus
Shisaiga
Anon_Lurker
Zeiss Manifold
InkWeaver
Shingzyl
BlackWidow
Penguin
Fitchsticks
frostflowers
Braigwen
Lurv
Sorsa A. Jänis
Mae Bedlam
Narwhal
Seule
Danger Dull
myeerah
Blooferlady
Maximilia
Root Admin
Mafiosa
Sarin
Rabid Badger
Tony Branston
Yorokobi
Dr. Professor Science
rae
grmblfjx
Delcat
bleachedblackcat
theweirdkind
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 am

I would like to hear the readings too. Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 309696 So, I guess I need to prod Nihilist again, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 am

Lol I'll help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 pm

I can actually kind of see where this chick is coming from. I've always sort of gone for the psychologically twisted characters in whatever fandom. The main problem I have with this is the lovey-dovey "Xervexagon loves me for ever and ever!" bullwaffle. That is not how a murderous rape-machine functions, regardless of your Mary Sue's ability to sing Evanescence.

(By the way, MY FIRST POST LOL)
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:49 am

SlyChild wrote:
I can actually kind of see where this chick is coming from. I've always sort of gone for the psychologically twisted characters in whatever fandom. The main problem I have with this is the lovey-dovey "Xervexagon loves me for ever and ever!" bullwaffle. That is not how a murderous rape-machine functions, regardless of your Mary Sue's ability to sing Evanescence.

(By the way, MY FIRST POST LOL)
I completely agree with you there, I hate Sue fics because it's usally ends up like ' Oh she loves me... Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 57786 Maybe I should.... duh... go on a murderous rampage! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, grats on the first post.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Now she's busy Mary Sueing over another character.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:43 am

... is everyone and their crazy great aunt signing up here just to post in this thread?
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:06 am

Shisaiga wrote:
... is everyone and their crazy great aunt signing up here just to post in this thread?
...I honestly have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:22 am

Even though I did find this place through a review on FF, my decision to join wasn't based on a need to specifically post on this thread. Lurked for a bit a decided I like the place. I am, however, looking forward to the next chapter being snarked.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:30 am

Ahhhh more phantom linking. See, I told you you were linked, Weirdy! Cool
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:58 am

Dr. Quinzel wrote:
Even though I did find this place through a review on FF, my decision to join wasn't based on a need to specifically post on this thread. Lurked for a bit a decided I like the place. I am, however, looking forward to the next chapter being snarked.
Agreed, also, my reason for joining was to snark [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:29 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
I didn't join specifically to post in this thread. I've actually been lurking for a long time. Maybe there's some sort of vortex in this thread that attracts us newbies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow

BlackWidow

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am

If by vortex you mean the horrifying black hole which is Cheza's piece of crap fic...

absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Raw Raw-
Anonymous

PostSubject: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Quote :

Its actually my crazy uncle...but, y'know, the apple never falls far from the tree.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Er . . . I think I understand, if not condone, the way Pyramid Head seems to attract fangirls. The Joker was mentioned earlier, and that's probably a good place to start when delving into fangirl psychology of this nature. Been there, done that.

Power is one big thing. It's one of the classic aphrodisiacs, and it's easy to confuse "being powerful" with "being confident." A powerful person would appear to have Ultimate Cool, because they have control and therefore have no reason to be less than confident--and confidence is, of course, usually considered an attractive quality.

Then there's the whole rape/rough sex aspect. Rape is an act of violation and is shattering to the victim, but while a young and possibly somewhat sheltered fangirl authoress may understand the theory, she doesn't quite grasp the real weight of it. Rape is therefore equatable to rough sex, which is positively desirable. Of course, some fangirls write this stuff because they may be developing masochistic tendencies or beginning to take an interest in BDSM, but that seems to be the center of the issue.

And then there's mystery, another classic bad-boy quality. What's Pyramid Head's deal? Oh, sure, he's a manifestation of X person's guilt or Y person's insecurities. But he's always got that helmet on--what's his face look like?

It's an interesting quirk of human nature that our imaginations always fill in gaps in a scenario better than the actual thing could. Think about Calvin and Hobbes, where Hobbes occasionally mentions a past misdeed of Calvin's known only as the Noodle Incident. If we were actually told what the Noodle Incident was, it would be a disappointment, because if it's not pinned down it could be anything. As regards Pyramid Head, I think the no-face business is the biggie. If Pyramid Head's face was revealed, it could be horrifically mutilated or even (gasp!) unexceptional. But since it's not, it could be anything--and, why, that makes it possible for him to be an underwear-dissolving hottie.

TL;DR: Pyramid Head has easily-misinterpreted qualities and just enough mystery to become an ideal vessel for the author's own fantasies. Psychotic rapist monster can come to equal powerful confident sex god.

And yes, guys: he's muscular and almost naked. That's important too.

Getting off my soapbox for a minute . . . I skipped ahead to the sex scene, because in a way, I too am a glutton for punishment. And holy GOD is it bad. Here's my favorite line, spoilered:

Spoiler:

. . . okay, I can't take this 'fic seriously any more. My copy of the Oxford English Dictionary growls at it when I have it onscreen. BRB, getting emergency infusion of Terry Pratchett.
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:
Rape is an act of violation and is shattering to the victim, but while a young and possibly somewhat sheltered fangirl authoress may understand the theory, she doesn't quite grasp the real weight of it.
People also have rape fantasies. Just because someone has a rape fantasy doesn't mean they don't understand that actual, you know, rape is a terrible thing. I agree with your other points though.

But even with the whole some people are attracted to power/rough sex/murderers/rape fantasies thing aside: I still think it's weird they want to fuck a guy who has a polyhedron for a face.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Quote :
Why would you want to be taken rougly by a guy with a polyhedron for a face?

He's mysteeerrrrious and misunderstoooood
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Quote :
Why would you want to be taken rougly by a guy with a polyhedron for a face?

He's mysteeerrrrious and misunderstoooood
I still think it's dumb.

Also, this:
Tungsten Monk wrote:
You are wise and I want you to explain this to every Nice Guy™️ I've ever met, please.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:
Fangirl psychology

While I think that there is much to what you say, it doesn't explain the fact that this person has built an entire online identity around wanting to fuck movie monsters. So, allow me to propose an alternate theory: it's because she's a giant pussy.

People identify with what they fear. When the enemy army invades your country, some of your own people are going to put on their uniform and join them. There are always collaborators, and I think she is coming from a similar place.

I imagine that this particular fanling is likely terrified of a lot of things in life, so she self-identifies with things that frighten her. She also wishes that she had power, and as someone who is regularly frightened, she equates power with the ability to instill fear. This leads to her threatening people with a serial killer persona while fantasizing about taming slasher movie monsters with her vagina, so that she can feel safe and protected.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Someone please tell me what chapter the sex scene is in? I missed it! I want to reeeeeeeead it!
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 pm

That would be chapter fifteen, "Claimed by the Executioner." I didn't even have to read through the 'fic; I knew which it would be by the chapter title. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:32 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Someone please tell me what chapter the sex scene is in? I missed it! I want to reeeeeeeead it!
It was Chapter 15. I remember snarking it with Anon_Lurker.
Back to top Go down
VileCorp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VileCorp

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 4:24 am

Mystique wrote:
Tungsten Monk wrote:
You are wise and I want you to explain this to every Nice Guy™️ I've ever met, please.

But, but, what about inner beauty? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tony Branston

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 4:56 am

VileCorp wrote:

But, but, what about inner beauty? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
We'll find out when Chez inevitably had Mr. X's remaining equipment helmet removed.

MAJOR TOPIC SHIFT EDIT:

I'm guessing you didn't remove Lethal Allure yourself, Shingzyl...
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 6:30 am

VileCorp wrote:

Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 am

NIHILIST!

Have you finished the editing for the dramatic readings of this yet? I wants to hear it. Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 309696
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head   Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Romanticize this Psychological Horror aka Pyramid Head
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next