Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"The Talk", KKK-style?

Go down 
+3
Zeiss Manifold
Sheba
The Unoriginal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

"The Talk", KKK-style? Empty
PostSubject: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:05 am

Hello there.
The situation is as follows:
Well-off father with old-fashioned ideas about racial equity suspects his teenage son of preparing to lose his virginity to a woman of an inferior race.
Father gives The Talk to make said son come to his senses.
Son sees the light and agrees that it would be a bad idea.

The problem is, I have absolutely no idea of what father's arguments might be. All I can come up with is "ewww, it's almost bestiality", and there's only so many times you can repeat it with variations.

Someone lucky enough Rolling Eyes to know how the racist mind works scratch might help me out?

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:52 am

I could email my grandfather's second wife and ask her, if you like--she's about as racist as they come. (To the point that she's actually accused someone, outloud, at a family gathering, of being a 'n*gg*r-lover!')

Last edited by Sheba on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 am

Sheba wrote:
(To the point that she's actually accused someone, outloud, at a family gathering, of being a 'n*gg*er-lover!')

"Niggler-lover"? Are you related to the Lovegoods, by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 am

Zeiss Manifold wrote:
Sheba wrote:
(To the point that she's actually accused someone, outloud, at a family gathering, of being a 'n*gg*er-lover!')

"Niggler-lover"? Are you related to the Lovegoods, by any chance?

That's a misspelling on my part. Nope, I'm related (by marriage only, thank God!) To racist white trash from Imperial, Missuruh.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:38 am

Well, most racists love using the argument that any children you have together will be SHUNNED BY SOCIETY for being half and half. The father might even try to explain that he doesn't really hate minorities, it's just that races shouldn't mix. There are huge cultural differences that will cause strife in the relationship, etc.
Back to top Go down
maladroit_mooncalf
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
maladroit_mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:40 am

Hmm...a few of the things I've heard from my grandfather and neighbors on the subject:

Grandpa informed us that when Granny was still alive and worked in a nursing home, all the black patients "smelled like goats".
I've also heard him preface several racist remarks with "I ain't racist, but..." (once it even went "I ain't racist, some of my best friends are n*ggers, but...")

One neighbor of ours has an interesting theory which says that mixing races is ok as long as the skin tones are similar. For example: A black person can only mix with a dark-skinned Mexican, and a white person can only mix with a lighter one.

At some point, totally unsupported by evidence because the person citing it can never seem to remember where it is, the argument will be made that "it's in the Bible that races don't mix."
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:42 pm

maladroit_mooncalf wrote:
At some point, totally unsupported by evidence because the person citing it can never seem to remember where it is, the argument will be made that "it's in the Bible that races don't mix."

Any Bible-related arguments will vary depending on level of crazy.

It could range from overliteralism regarding old verses about Israelites intermixing with pagan tribes back in the Bronze Age, to claiming that black people are the cursed descendants of Ham or Cain, to saying that the entire story of the fall of Adam and Eve was really about Satan offering Even his "apple" ("The Talk", KKK-style? 8638 ), and thus inventing racial mixing.

It'd probably be better if you laid off the religious stuff altogether, though.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Probably they're thinking of Leviticus 19:19, the one about not mixing crops, not breeding donkeys, and not wearing 65% cotton, 35% polyester. But I never told you anything... better not give them ammunition and I didn't mean to rely on any religious textbook, anyway.

I should have specified that the boy is not after true love, marriage and babies frolicking on the carpet but is just "looking for the thrill" so to speak. So the 'think of the children' argument wouldn't hold much water - but the girl might get pregnant through inattention or intention.
In a mildly racist society, what would be the reaction if the girl showed up with baby on the boy's doorstep? Would he have to marry her, pay for the kid's support, give her any money? Would he be pitied for his naivety or shunned for his bad taste in lovers?
Back to top Go down
maladroit_mooncalf
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
maladroit_mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:03 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
I should have specified that the boy is not after true love, marriage and babies frolicking on the carpet but is just "looking for the thrill" so to speak. So the 'think of the children' argument wouldn't hold much water - but the girl might get pregnant through inattention or intention.
In a mildly racist society, what would be the reaction if the girl showed up with baby on the boy's doorstep? Would he have to marry her, pay for the kid's support, give her any money? Would he be pitied for his naivety or shunned for his bad taste in lovers?

Ah, sleeping with another race is very much down to the individual racist. My grandfather doesn't want my dad so much as dating a black woman, due in no small part to the fact that his lady friend is very much offended by it. On the other hand, across the street from me there is a man who can't stand the idea that a Mexican family has moved into the neighborhood, wouldn't even let them tow a car into his yard for a woman he knows, but he's mentioned to my uncle that he'd very much like the opportunity to have a go at the mother -whether she likes it or not.

As for children, I have a great aunt on my mom's side who has finally, condescendingly, accepted her mixed race grandchild on the basis that "babies can't help who their parents are". I also have an older relative on the same side of the family who was suspiciously dark but no one ever had a problem with him, but it was a definite "don't ask, don't tell" situation.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Ah, sleeping with another race is very much down to the individual racist. My grandfather doesn't want my dad so much as dating a black woman, due in no small part to the fact that his lady friend is very much offended by it. On the other hand, across the street from me there is a man who can't stand the idea that a Mexican family has moved into the neighborhood, wouldn't even let them tow a car into his yard for a woman he knows, but he's mentioned to my uncle that he'd very much like the opportunity to have a go at the mother -whether she likes it or not.

On the other hand, I once had a guy tell me that he dated a "beautiful" Mexican lady and that was fine, but wouldn't date a black woman, because blacks and whites are "just too different."
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:34 am

Beyond the 'think of the children' argument, there's also the argument that is basically, "What would the neighbors say if they found out?" Since this is a young man, then there is a chance he'll be given a lot more leeway than a woman would be. After all, it's natural to sow one's wild oats somewhere it's "no risk to some God-fearing white girl. Just don't get no nigger-disease." "The Talk", KKK-style? 556166 If a woman later showed up with a baby on her hip, it depends on the area, the era, and the family. It could range from child support and never visiting, to a close (but secretive) relationship with the kid, to ignoring them both utterly, so running them out of town, to killing them both, to anything in between or none of the above. I think I'd need to know your definition of mildly racist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Talk", KKK-style?   "The Talk", KKK-style? Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Talk", KKK-style?
Page 1 of 1