Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101

Go down 
+17
V3N0M
Mystique
Bamshalam
Rydain
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Cactus Wren
Waffles
Reepicheep-chan
Cyberwulf
Dick Powers
Chaltab
Delcat
Miss Prince
Fairlight
Braigwen
unskilled78
Malganis
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 Empty
PostSubject: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:48 pm

Okay, as suggested by Rabid Badger in a snarking thread, this is "How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica", where we discuss how to write sex scenes that have at least a modicum of anatomical and/or emotional logic while still being sexy.

Post thoughts and suggestions here, as well as snippets of your own fanfic (or link to your fics) if you want criticism. Smile
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:44 am

The womb is not the vagina. one is the tube that holds the penis, delivers any babies, the other is the sack that provides a safe breeding enviroment for that loveable little parasite.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:53 am

The penis may twitch, bob or swell.

It does not, however yearn, reach, burst through, growl or become like steel, iron or adamantium or any other substance hard enough to tear a hole through the female body.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Mythandariel wrote:
The penis may twitch, bob or swell.

It does not, however yearn, reach, burst through, growl or become like steel, iron or adamantium
Oh, I rather liked "hard as steel".

A penis should not be scarlet, crimson, blood red or any other shade of red and neither should any other body part. The only exception is lips and only when the person in question is wearing red lipstick. Body parts being vivid red is not sexy, it is worrying.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:29 pm

I find it fascinating that the first three comments are a man talking about female anatomy and two women talking about male anatomy.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Fairlight wrote:
A penis should not be scarlet, crimson, blood red or any other shade of red and neither should any other body part. The only exception is lips...
...and internal organs, but if you're dealing with those, your scene has some very important problems not having to do with color.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Fairlight wrote:
A penis should not be scarlet, crimson, blood red or any other shade of red and neither should any other body part. ... Body parts being vivid red is not sexy, it is worrying.

Gotta disagree on both counts... hang around this very NWS site frequently enough and you will see some glans penises that do apparently turn rather red when they are erect. Not quite crimson or blood red... but fairly close. I personally think a more vivid color to the erect glans is pretty neat, but that's just me, and it certainly doesn't apply to every penis (though the heads of uncut penises tend to be more vivid, or so I've heard).

Last edited by Malganis on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link so that it's clickable.)
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Mouths, vaginas and anuses should be warm but not hot, you may well be able to get away with just "hot" as a passionate description but "as hot as a volcano" is a little over the top (plus, if it was accurate he can say goodbye to his dick.)

Malganis wrote:
Gotta disagree on both counts... hang around this very NWS site frequently enough and you will see some glans penises that do apparently turn rather red when they are erect. Not quite crimson or blood red... but fairly close. I personally think a more vivid color to the erect glans is pretty neat, but that's just me, and it certainly doesn't apply to every penis (though the heads of uncut penises tend to be more vivid, or so I've heard).
Well, I was referring to the entire thing rather than just the head, my statement was based on a slash fic I read recently featuring a "blood-red erection", which sounds as though the whole length has turned vivid red.
Thanks for the link, very educational. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:43 pm

I don't typically read erotica, but I've seen enough snark for this to bother me:

The average length of an erect penis is less than six inches. A foot is pushing the bounds of credulity. Longer than that and you've utterly lost any sane reader.

For the love of all that is holy, no gargantuan pricks, please.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Sometimes, it looks purple, but that all depends on skin color.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:18 pm

The only place that a 3 foot dick belongs is Hentai and even then it's still a bit of a stretch. (Hehe)
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Chaltab wrote:
I don't typically read erotica, but I've seen enough snark for this to bother me:

The average length of an erect penis is less than six inches. A foot is pushing the bounds of credulity. Longer than that and you've utterly lost any sane reader.

For the love of all that is holy, no gargantuan pricks, please.

Actual quantified sizes shouldn't appear at all, unless the couple/threesome/group have a measuring tape out. It's sufficient to say that the guy is big/thick/large, etc.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:35 am

Maybe if you really want to give a measurement beyond small, medium, or large you could try comparing it with something in the room. Like, "his cock was literally as long as her foot!" or something similar. As yes, that would probably be too big to be believable, but you get what I am saying, right?
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 3:27 am

unskilled78 wrote:
The womb is not the vagina. one is the tube that holds the penis, delivers any babies, the other is the sack that provides a safe breeding enviroment for that loveable little parasite.
How dare you even try to hold a candle to the goddesses greatest gift.
Go suck your own cock, foul ape.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 am

Chaltab wrote:

The average length of an erect penis is less than six inches. A foot is pushing the bounds of credulity.
A foot is also pushing his partner's ribcage. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 6:15 am

Six inches is not short. It's about average.

And the penis NEVER enters the womb.

Also, if you're fucking anus, you'd better use lube because the anus is not self-lubricating (unless you're doing scat), and SOMEBODY is gonna get hurt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Rydain

Rydain

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:45 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Also, if you're fucking anus, you'd better use lube because the anus is not self-lubricating (unless you're doing scat), and SOMEBODY is gonna get hurt.
Depending on the partners' relative sizes and experience, lube might be optional. It can also be implied rather than clearly noted, especially in a less explicit style of writing that focuses more on sensations and motions than specific descriptions of the body parts involved. If the characters won't be using actual lube or a substitute that reads unobtrusively in context, they might be improvising with something best left up to the reader's imagination. Some folks might enjoy reading about a guy slicking himself up with a wad of spit. I'd rather take it for granted if the fic is written in a way that allows me to do so. If anal penetration is described as comfortable and pleasurable, I assume that the receiver is sufficiently relaxed and the giver has lubed up as needed.
Back to top Go down
http://rydain.org
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Unfortunately spit dries pretty quickly. You're probably better with phlegm, hacked up from the back of the throat.

Men can't give birth. I know this sounds pretty elementary but you'd be amazed at how many people didn't learn that in sex ed. It takes a lot more than a womb and a vagina to make a baby. You need ovaries, for the egg, and good old-fashioned estrogen, for the ovaries, and a buncha muncha cruncha other shit that requires more than a womb.

A baby developing in the stomach would... well... it's just impossible, okay? Even if you had ovaries leading there.

Damn, now I've got me thinking about all the extra stuff a man would need to get pregnant. In fact, the REASON women are female is BECAUSE they have all the dohickies and whatchamacallits necessecry to give birth. Okay, not exactly that but you get my drift. If a man could give birth, he'd be a woman.

It's easier to just pull a gender bender.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 10:05 pm

The vagina is not the urethra. A woman. Does not pee. From her vagina.

I will continue to say this until everyone in the world finally gets it through their thick skulls.
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:38 am

You're probably better with phlegm, hacked up from the back of the throat.
Please don't ever write erotica.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Breasts cannot be used for anal or vaginal penetration. Also, I doubt two people could rub their anuses together because their buttocks would get in the way.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Mystique wrote:
You're probably better with phlegm, hacked up from the back of the throat.
Please don't ever write erotica.
Um. Too late, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
The vagina is not the urethra. A woman. Does not pee. From her vagina.

I will continue to say this until everyone in the world finally gets it through their thick skulls.

I swear I saw someone make this mistake just the other day.

I think the instruction on female anatomy is appallingly lacking, honestly. Women who don't know where their urethra is, don't know what or where the clit is... it's kind of scary how common that is, even laying aside what men think they know about girl-parts.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:41 pm

The clit is not INSIDE the vagina. It's on the outside. Right near the entrance. Most men don't know this, which is why men come first. Play at the front.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:47 pm

The clit is not INSIDE the vagina. It's on the outside. Right near the entrance. Most men don't know this, which is why men come first. Play at the front.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101   How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Write Anatomically Correct Erotica 101
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next