Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

To Write Historical Fics, or Not to Write Historical Fics?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Toastuh
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Toastuh

To Write Historical Fics, or Not to Write Historical Fics? Empty
PostSubject: To Write Historical Fics, or Not to Write Historical Fics?   To Write Historical Fics, or Not to Write Historical Fics? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Because, uhm, let's say Character A and Character B existed some time in the late 1800s to early 1900s. Their story was fascinating (at least, the way sources make it out to be), and there was a lot of tension* between them and they were both really interesting people and all that. I'd like to write fan-fiction about them, but I don't want to cheapen their places on history with LAWL FANDOM. I feel I'm pretty informed, but I do not want to romanticize anything and want to stay with what supposedly happened. But at the same time, I want the story to be fun to read.

I guess what I'm asking is, what can I get away with before it becomes defamation of character? I'm not speaking in legal terms; I hugely admire Character A and Character B within their historical contexts, but at the same time I have silly thoughts about slash/crack-fic/whatever.

*Even worse, when I wear my slash goggles it turns into SEXUAL TENSION. Yes, I am pathetic, especially considering Character A was celibate and pretty erotophobic and Character B had, like, a bajillion children and hated Character A with intense, fiery passion. BUT OTHER THAN THAT, IT COULD TOTALLY WORK. TOTALLY.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

To Write Historical Fics, or Not to Write Historical Fics? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Write Historical Fics, or Not to Write Historical Fics?   To Write Historical Fics, or Not to Write Historical Fics? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Well, it would help us to help you quite a lot if you told us who these characters ARE.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader

To Write Historical Fics, or Not to Write Historical Fics?
Page 1 of 1