Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate

Go down 
+28
The Unoriginal
I_Lam_Edhellen
Jay/Cris
Lapin
Mikey Go WOOGA
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Yenflarg
theweirdkind
A_Note_Chaotic
Fairlight
Psy-4
AngryRobotsInc
Cyberwulf
ZoZo
KelinciHutan
grmblfjx
Knorg
EileenK98
Rabid Badger
Aggie
InkWeaver
KGarrett
Lady Anne
Raine
Mafiosa
Narwhal
Spotts1701
Malganis
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 pm

Very sad and strange...

Quote :
A temp worker at a Camden chocolate processing plant died this morning after he fell into an eight-foot vat that was mixing and melting chocolate to be used in Hershey's candy.

Vincent Smith II, 29, of Camden, was standing atop a platform and tossing blocks of solid, raw chocolate into the tank, Jason Laughlin, spokesman for the Camden County Prosecutor's Office, said.

The tank was heated at 120 degrees Fahrenheit, and paddles inside stirred the chocolate as it was thrown in.

When Smith fell around 10:30 a.m., one of his three coworkers on the platform immediately rushed to turn the machine off and the two others tried to pull him out.

But Smith had been struck by one of the paddles, suffering fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene, and Camden firefighters pulled his chocolate-covered body out of the tank.

Couldn't they have some way of putting the chocolate in there without using a guy standing above a very hot vat with big paddles in it, throwing the chocolate overboard? That just seems like an accident waiting to happen... which, apparently happened. At least put the guy in a safety harness so he doesn't tumble in.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Is it bad of me that I thought of at least a dozen people who would think this would be the most awesome way to kick off?
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Narwhal you ass, you beat me to it. Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate 611762
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Sweetest. Death. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:39 pm

I can think of worse ways to die.

On the other hand, I hope that batch of chocolate was thrown out. Can you imagine eating it? :tongue2:
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:10 pm

"Waiter, there's a corpse in my chocolate!"
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:35 pm

KGarrett wrote:

Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate 611762 Razz Excitedplz Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate 831506 :roflmao: :D :mwahaha: :lolinsane: :fatkid:
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:12 am

Narwhal wrote:
KGarrett wrote:

Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate 611762 Razz Excitedplz Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate 831506 :roflmao: :D :mwahaha: :lolinsane: :fatkid:

Whoa. CALM DOWN MISSY.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:58 am

Lady Anne wrote:
I can think of worse ways to die.

On the other hand, I hope that batch of chocolate was thrown out. Can you imagine eating it? :tongue2:

Soylent Choco is made from people!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 3:09 am

KGarrett wrote:

"Hush, or everyone else will be wanting one too!"
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 6:34 am

I thought about posting this, with the tag line, "The police are searching for a Mr. Wonka."
The guy died, though, which makes it not so funny. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 6:45 am

His last words were "And I'm going down, all the way down, I'm on The Hershey Highway To Hell"
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:11 am

Malganis wrote:
Couldn't they have some way of putting the chocolate in there without using a guy standing above a very hot vat with big paddles in it, throwing the chocolate overboard? That just seems like an accident waiting to happen... which, apparently happened. At least put the guy in a safety harness so he doesn't tumble in.

120°, is that "very hot"? As far as accidents go, I can think of worse deaths- he died from being hit with those paddles, that's like being hit by a car or something, I would guess. And he obviously died quickly. Imagine he'd fallen into a vat of something boiling without paddles... boiled to death like a lobster, hmmm.

Spotts1701 wrote:
Is it bad of me that I thought of at least a dozen people who would think this would be the most awesome way to kick off?
I might, but it's Hershey's.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:22 am

grmblfjx wrote:
120°, is that "very hot"? As far as accidents go, I can think of worse deaths- he died from being hit with those paddles, that's like being hit by a car or something, I would guess. And he obviously died quickly. Imagine he'd fallen into a vat of something boiling without paddles... boiled to death like a lobster, hmmm.
It's a very, very, very hot day temperature.

I like Hershey's.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:49 am

I feel sorry for the guy that this was Hershey's chocolate. Imagine having to die in substandard brown goo.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:05 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Yes, but what is it in Celsius?
Back to top Go down
AngryRobotsInc
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
AngryRobotsInc

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:08 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Yes, but what is it in Celsius?

48.88 Celsius.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 am

So, slightly too hot for the bathtub.

ZoZo wrote:
I feel sorry for the guy that this was Hershey's chocolate. Imagine having to die in substandard brown goo.
My point exactly, dear.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:33 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Those fat bastards. The best way to die is after having sex.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:46 am

Seeing as the guy died, it should be tragic rather than funny but it's not because it's too much of a ridiculous thing for the real world. It's more the way a minor bad guy would die in Austin Powers or something.

KelinciHutan wrote:
I like Hershey's.
Ah, but you're American, aren't you? Europeans can't stand it.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:55 am

For me, for some reason the sadness of the story is compounded by the fact that he was a temp worker. It was just a temporary job, one that he was probably very happy to get (considering the economy), and he ends up dying doing it. Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate 309696 Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:03 am

Fairlight wrote:
Seeing as the guy died, it should be tragic rather than funny but it's not because it's too much of a ridiculous thing for the real world. It's more the way a minor bad guy would die in Austin Powers or something.

KelinciHutan wrote:
I like Hershey's.
Ah, but you're American, aren't you? Europeans can't stand it.

I don't like Hershey's, but a lot of the European commercial chocolates are way too sweet for me, as well. Hershey's special reserve isn't bad, but milk chocolate in general is gross.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:17 am

A_Note_Chaotic wrote:
I don't like Hershey's, but a lot of the European commercial chocolates are way too sweet for me, as well. Hershey's special reserve isn't bad, but milk chocolate in general is gross.

Agreed - I prefer dark chocolate (doesn't matter what kind, though Ghirardelli Chocolate is definitely my favorite).
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:53 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
A_Note_Chaotic wrote:

Agreed - I prefer dark chocolate (doesn't matter what kind, though Ghirardelli Chocolate is definitely my favorite).
So do I! (Though I do like Godiva Chocolate)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate   Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate Empty

Back to top Go down

Chocolate factory worker dies after falling into vat of chocolate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next