Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD

Go down 
+3
Mr.Doobie
SisterGrimm
Sakurelf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD Empty
PostSubject: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
In the documents, which were obtained by radio station CKNW and the SPCA, the general manager of Outdoor Adventure Whistler gave disturbing descriptions as to how he killed 100 healthy sled dogs after the tourism industry in the ski resort took a downturn following the Olympics last year.

The killings, which came to light after the employee filed a claim saying he was suffering post traumatic stress disorder, have sparked outrage from as far away as Peru and Australia. The employee received monetary compensation for his suffering from the workers compensation board.

This fills me with rage and hate at the way tourism is raping BC's history, resources and culture. You can't just make a quick buck on living animals without a plan for after you don't need them anymore.

Quote :
Marcie Moriarty, general manager of cruelty investigations for the SPCA, said she had trouble reading the documents when she received them.

Reading aloud from the report, Moriarty said the worker gave detailed descriptions of how the dogs were killed.

“One dog named Susie had the left side of her cheek blown off.”

Another dog named Nora, severely injured, attempted to crawl out of the mass grave, but the worker climbed down to kill her.

Chills.
Back to top Go down
SisterGrimm

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 pm

You know if more places where you could find this news said the part about worker comp they'd find a lot of more sympathetic people!

Jesus Christ on lemon juice and salt crucifix, that's absolutely insane
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 pm

So does he actually have PTSD?

Because it's totally cool to crucify a mentally ill man.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
So does he actually have PTSD?

Because it's totally cool to crucify a mentally ill man.

In other words, he is being paid money because he got PTSD from murdering 100 dogs that weren't useful to the exploitive business he was a part of.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Do we know for a fact he was financially secure enough to just walk out on his job or refuse the task given to him and get fired, without any problems? It's not like PETA's phone campaign to convince KFC employees to quit failed because all KFC employees are godless animal-hating assholes.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 am

I saw this today in the paper, but I couldn't get beyond the first paragraph about how brutally they'd been killed. ;____;

I'm going to go hug my doggy and tell him I love him.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:48 am

Alhazred wrote:
Do we know for a fact he was financially secure enough to just walk out on his job or refuse the task given to him and get fired, without any problems? It's not like PETA's phone campaign to convince KFC employees to quit failed because all KFC employees are godless animal-hating assholes.

Well, he was the general manager. It sounds like he had some form of authority over what was being done, though I do not know the extent of his authority.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Saky wrote:
This fills me with rage and hate at the way tourism is raping BC's history, resources and culture.

What in the hell are you talking about? I've been to British Columbia, it's a hole.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Alhazred wrote:

Well, he was the general manager. It sounds like he had some form of authority over what was being done, though I do not know the extent of his authority.

General managers are still beholden to a superior, though (assuming I'm reading this right; it sounds like this is a chain/franchise of some kind.) If the general manager's supervisor says "I want this done," disobeying is no different than the lowest level employee disobeying when the general manager is the one saying "I want this done." The home office can say "Obviously that's not what we meant," but he's under the expectation to handle the issue, not go back saying "I have no way of handling this."

Generally, the higher you go up the chain of command, the more indoctrinated someone is to the idea of "I absolutely must do what I'm told no matter what;" it's part of what got them there in the first place. Not that it's an excuse for this kind of behavior, but it is one of the reasons no one should be surprised when it happens.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Ugh. Torture of cats and dogs is one of the few things that squicks me. I'd say more, but the above posters seem to have said it already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD   Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD Empty

Back to top Go down

Man gets paid worker's comp for PTSD
Page 1 of 1