Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shooting at CT Elementary School

Go down 
+31
Jay/Cris
rachel
rae
Sparrow
lemmingwriter
Owlish
Penguin
Dixie
Mr.Doobie
Reepicheep-chan
Cyberwulf
LeeLee
TheHedonist
ZOOLANDER
Anon
Maximilia
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Rabid Badger
Summercorn
John Marston
the asylum
Chris91
Nihilist
Knorg
TheIan
Aggie
grmblfjx
Mikey Go WOOGA
Reidmar
karmyn31
King Bee
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Shooting at CT Elementary School Empty
PostSubject: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:15 am

There has been a shooting at the Sandy Hook elementary school in Newton CT. Three people have been taken to the hospital and the shooter is dead. There is a search going on for a second possible gunman.

Quote :

There's been a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut
The shooter is now dead, at least three people wounded
Below are the latest updates as they come to us

[Updated at noon ET] News Times reporter Libor Jany reports that all Newtown schools are on lockdown.

[Updated at 11:58 a.m. ET] Danbury Hospital confirms it's treating some victims. It says this on its Facebook page:

To date, three patients have been transported to Danbury Hospital from the scene. Out of abundance of caution and not because of any direct threat Danbury Hospital is under lockdown. This allows us simply to focus on the important work at hand.

[Updated at 11:54 a.m. ET] Connecticut House Rep. John Frey has nieces and a nephew at the school and is tweeting updates.

[Updated at 11:47 a.m. ET] The dad of a student at the school told CNN affiliate WTNH there were about 600 pupils in the building at the time of the shooting.

[Updated at 11:45 a.m. ET] At least three people were wounded and are in "very serious" condition at a hospital in Danbury, Connecticut, that town's mayor, Mark Boughton told CNN. He couldn't say whether the victims were children.

[Updated at 11:44 a.m. ET] Andrew Doba, Director of Communications with Connecticut Governor Malloy's office, says they are coordinating with local authorities and state police. They continue to monitor developments in Newtown. The governor is in Connecticut today.

[Updated at 11:40 a.m. ET] We're getting live pictures from the scene from CNN affiliates.

[Updated at 11:34 a.m. ET] The shooter is dead, a source with knowledge of the investigation, tells CNN’s Susan Candiotti.

Police have recovered two weapons from him, the source added.

It's not known whether police killed the alleged shooter or he took his own life. The source says one weapon recovered is a Glock and the other is a Sig Sauer.

[Updated at 11:27 a.m. ET] The Hartford Courant, citing police, said an unspecified number of people had been shot. The nature of their injuries was unclear, the newspaper said. But it cited police in saying one person had "numerous gunshot wounds."

[Updated at 11:19 a.m. ET] Affiliate WTNH says children are being taken to a nearby firehouse.

[Updated at 11:10 a.m. ET] Details are still really sketchy, but we now have a photo from the Newtown Bee of children being led from the scene.

[Updated at 11:03 a.m. ET] We're still getting details in of how many people may have been hurt.

Newtown is southwest of Hartford:

[Updated at 10:53 a.m. ET] Sandy Hook school is on lockdown and students are not being evacuated, a Newtown police spokesman tells us.

[Posted at 10:30 a.m. ET] Breaking news coming in - Connecticut State Police are responding to reports of a shooting at a Newtown elementary school in southwestern Connecticut, according to police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance.

We'll bring you more details as soon as we get them.

Our affiliates in the area are saying the school is the Sandy Hook Elementary School.

WTNH says all schools in the area are on lockdown. WFSB added that afternoon kindergarten was being canceled.

CT Now says injuries are being reported.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:42 am

27 dead, 18 of them children. Fuck.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 pm

I'm not sure if I should feel sorry or not. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:40 pm

inb4Harley

Sorry, that was a Lady Anne level useless post. But this is appalling and I have nothing of actual value to add (like Lady Anne in every thread she has ever posted in), and am eagerly anticipating the arrival of Harley to turn this thread into full Category 5 Shitstorm.

God, I missed Harley.

Last edited by Mikey Go WOOGA on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Reidmar wrote:
I'm not sure if I should feel sorry or not. Colbert

scratch

Thanks for sharing that with us, though. It matters. >.>
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:19 pm

So how many shootings does this bring the US up to this year now?

ETA: And apparently CNN posted pictures of the wrong person. Someone on Facebook with the same name as the assailant has been getting death threats. What a surprise.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Aggie wrote:
So how many shootings does this bring the US up to this year now?

ETA: And apparently CNN posted pictures of the wrong person. Someone on Facebook with the same name as the assailant has been getting death threats. What a surprise.
Seriously? The shooter was in that body count, 20 kids, 7 adults, including the shooter. Way to fail, CNN.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 pm

...Death threats were being sent to somebody the news outlets were reporting dead at the scene?

This is sad and fucked up. I got nothing more to add.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes; yes they were.
Back to top Go down
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 3:18 pm

It's kids age 5-10. What does anyone expect besides giant public rage
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Anyone else on this board feeling close to depression? I know I am. The phrase "Peace on earth, goodwill toward men" is starting to sound like the punchline to a really sick joke right about now.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Not really, no. These things will always happen, no matter what we try to do to prevent them. Best we can do is keep calm and try to carry on.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:48 pm

I shouldn't have, but I did.

I went to rightwingwatch.org.

Quote :
Fischer said that God could have protected the victims of this massacre, but didn't because "God is not going to go where he is not wanted" and so if school administrators really want to protect students, they will start every school day with prayer

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Back to top Go down
John Marston

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 pm

[quote] "We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be surprised that schools would become places of carnage?"

Pearl of wisdom from Mike Huckerbee...Jesus wept nice to see the right wing really getting to the root of the problem
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
inb4Harley

Sorry, that was a Lady Anne level useless post. But this is appalling and I have nothing of actual value to add (like Lady Anne in every thread she has ever posted in), and am eagerly anticipating the arrival of Harley to turn this thread into full Category 5 Shitstorm.

God, I missed Harley.
You know you love me, Mikey. I love you

the asylum wrote:
I shouldn't have, but I did.

I went to rightwingwatch.org.

Quote :
Fischer said that God could have protected the victims of this massacre, but didn't because "God is not going to go where he is not wanted" and so if school administrators really want to protect students, they will start every school day with prayer

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Give it a few days. The Illuminati will get the blame then (as will the liberals, the conservatives, the NRA, Obama, Romney, Islam, and the Mayans).

Edit: Fred Phelps & Co. are already making asses of themselves over this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Quote :

Okay, that's good. But here's another idea, and hear me out on this one.

Maybe, instead of prayer, they can start the day with something actually productive. Maybe they start the day loading a 9mm pistol, after taking proper courses in gun safety and marksmanship. I mean, the uneducated duncecaps that pass for teachers should PROBABLY learn a skill that's actually useful anyway.
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Kids play up and drive their teachers round the bend all the time. Occasionally, they snap. If that happens and a kid gets hit the teacher loses his job and the kid gets a slap. If said teacher is armed, however...

I don't think a school full of teachers carrying guns would make school shootings a less frequent occurrence, Mikey. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm

The bodies aren't even cold, and THIS appeared on Regretsy:

.http://www.regretsy.com/2012/12/14/the-worst-thing-ive-ever-seen-on-etsy/

I'm not sure I want to live in this world any more
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Heart shaped?! Until I read the description, I thought it was a novelty bollock warmer!

I'm not sure whether that would be better or worse, come to think of it.

Making money out of tragedy before the bodies are cold. Not classy.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Summercorn wrote:
Heart shaped?! Until I read the description, I thought it was a novelty bollock warmer!

I'm not sure whether that would be better or worse, come to think of it.

Making money out of tragedy before the bodies are cold. Not classy.
No no, You have it all wrong summer, they're trying to be classy and failing, although I admit the crying eagle glitter comment on that site made me crack a grin. Colbert
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
The bodies aren't even cold, and THIS appeared on Regretsy:

.http://www.regretsy.com/2012/12/14/the-worst-thing-ive-ever-seen-on-etsy/

I'm not sure I want to live in this world any more
Now taking requests for rebooting the universe!
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:12 pm

And this is how guns stop gun crime.

What you do is, you shoot people who would otherwise grow up to buy guns and rob grocery stores. It's preventative!
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

What you do is, you shoot people who would otherwise grow up to buy guns and rob grocery stores. It's preventative!
Jesus Fucking Christ, Harley.

Shooting at CT Elementary School 846489
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Jesus Fucking Christ, Harley.

Shooting at CT Elementary School 846489

At least she is contributing something to the discussion, even if that something is so retarded I'm pretty sure she's hamming her actual view up a bit for the sake of trolling.

You, on the other hand, do nothing but continue to prove you shouldn't be allowed to use the goddamn facepalm and popcorn smilies.

As far as Harley goes, I don't think anyone ever said having guns results in less gun crime than absolutely no guns. The point is that guns, while obviously causing gun crime to rise, causes less crime in general, and generally results in better results for the victims of the crimes, as they can now defend themselves.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:34 pm

I watched the news in the UK. It said 20 people were dead from the shooting.

Strange though. I mean, in the UK we have incredibly strict gun laws. There are ever so many checks you need to go through.

Firearms per 100 people:
USA: 88.8 (highest in the world - in second place is Yemen at 54.2)
UK: 6.2

% of homicides by firearm:
USA: 60%
UK: 6.6%

Number of gun deaths (2008):
USA: 31,347
UK: 39

Curious and more so curious... if guns really prevented gun crime, how is it that America's homicide rate is so heavily skewed towards guns?

Have fun with data...

Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School Empty

Back to top Go down

Shooting at CT Elementary School
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next