Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shooting at CT Elementary School

Go down 
+31
Jay/Cris
rachel
rae
Sparrow
lemmingwriter
Owlish
Penguin
Dixie
Mr.Doobie
Reepicheep-chan
Cyberwulf
LeeLee
TheHedonist
ZOOLANDER
Anon
Maximilia
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Rabid Badger
Summercorn
John Marston
the asylum
Chris91
Nihilist
Knorg
TheIan
Aggie
grmblfjx
Mikey Go WOOGA
Reidmar
karmyn31
King Bee
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Snotty McAsshole wrote:
We don't hate foreigners nearly as much as you do.

Snotty, I know I've already said this once, but it bears repeating:

FUCK. YOU.

The fact that people hate you has nothing to do with your nationality and everything to do with your being a judgmental, ignorant, misogynistic, arrogant, and generally unlikable shithead. You could be as American as apple pie and baseball and I would STILL despise you. If I were rich, I'd bet at least $500K many of your fellow Australians hate you just as much as(if not more than) I do. I've got an e-mail buddy who's from Australia and is active in the animal rescue cause, and if the two of you met face-to-face he'd tell you that the meanest, most ill-tempered dog is a thousand times more likable than you are. I suspect even most of your fellow Bronies can't stand you.

So do us all a favor, Snotty, and leave.

Wow, when did your balls drop?
I'm amazed.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Nihilist wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:
No, there was one at a Reservation a few years ago.

Didnt hear that in the news. I wonder why

Your news sucks? I dunno. I hear about res. shootings all the time, and I rarely watch the news here.
Back to top Go down
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:
No, there was one at a Reservation a few years ago.

Didnt hear that in the news. I wonder why

Your news sucks? I dunno. I hear about res. shootings all the time, and I rarely watch the news here.

Okay, I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:54 pm

The reason you don't hear about it is because to Americans, it's not shocking enough.

You're used to random shootings. They're boring now. There's a certain body-count required, and it seems to be over 10, plus at least one suicide.

This is not a good thing.

Here, so much as a stabbing becomes regional news and a shooting is national.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Yup. When those four RCMP officers were killed a few years ago in Canada (the worst mass murder of police officials in the country's history), no one in the US blinked an eye. "Only four? Talk to me when it hits double digits."

On topic, though, I see that they released the names of the victims. Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 309696 It did point out to me something weird, though: apparently if you have a hyphenated surname, the second name gets precedence when organizing alphabetically. I find that quite strange.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Aggie wrote:
Yup. When those four RCMP officers were killed a few years ago in Canada (the worst mass murder of police officials in the country's history), no one in the US blinked an eye. "Only four? Talk to me when it hits double digits."

Admittedly it didn't help that it happened in Canada. But hell yeah. We in the UK get America's news.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Chris91 wrote:
RAEG RAEG RAEG RAEG RAAAAAAAAAAEG

Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 am

Since 1982 there have been 62 mass shootings in the USA.

Have some statistics. There's pretty pictures so the genuinely moronic can understand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Over three quarters of the weapons were obtained legally. Those not obtained legally were stolen from their family members, showing that in most cases the weapons could not have been stored in an adequately safe place. The overwhelming reason illiegal weapons were used was when shooters were under 21.

A majority of the killers displayed signs of mental illness. But they still had legally obtained weapons. With some others it was just 'unclear' whether they were mentally unstable or not.

Assault weapons were often used in the killings.

Saying that nobody could have forseen these massacres is no longer an option. Saying that it's too late to change the law is no longer an option.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:53 am

Nihilist wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Snotty McAsshole wrote:

Snotty, I know I've already said this once, but it bears repeating:

FUCK. YOU.

The fact that people hate you has nothing to do with your nationality and everything to do with your being a judgmental, ignorant, misogynistic, arrogant, and generally unlikable shithead. You could be as American as apple pie and baseball and I would STILL despise you. If I were rich, I'd bet at least $500K many of your fellow Australians hate you just as much as(if not more than) I do. I've got an e-mail buddy who's from Australia and is active in the animal rescue cause, and if the two of you met face-to-face he'd tell you that the meanest, most ill-tempered dog is a thousand times more likable than you are. I suspect even most of your fellow Bronies can't stand you.

So do us all a favor, Snotty, and leave.

Wow, when did your balls drop?
I'm amazed.

Here's the short version, Nil: the comment by Snotty that grmblfjx quoted in her first post on this thread touched my last nerve.

The long version: I was already pretty burned at Snotty in the first place for his contemptuous dismissal of anyone who doesn't share his love of MLP, and when I read his "we don't hate foreigners as much as you do" crack something inside me snapped like a dry twig. He whines like a two-year-old about people making fun of him and criticizing him, but then he turns around and stereotypes an entire country as xenophobes. That's not only amazingly ignorant of him, it's also incredibly hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 am

I like Xerro now. Slightly.

Come on, who here isn't a jumped-up asswipe on occasion? Xerro just chose a bad time to start.

Stop making such a deal out of a joke and start agreeing with me about background checks.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:09 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Come on, who here isn't a jumped-up asswipe on occasion? Xerro just chose a bad time to start.

Stop making such a deal out of a joke and start agreeing with me about background checks.
No, because A) you're batshit insane and like to rage about something people are getting over Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 896582
and B) No, because you're you. aka bat shit insane.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:23 am

Fuck you too, Harley. You just bought yourself a slot on my ignore list.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 am

Reidmar wrote:
No, because A) you're batshit insane and like to rage about something people are getting over Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 896582

So tell me Reid, is being a smug fuck part of your 'condition' or is that just you?

Chris91 wrote:

aww it's like when you see ants dismembering another ant

Last edited by TheHedonist on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 am

You know what, Harley?

I like you too. Let's be friends?

Reidmar wrote:

STOP FUCKING PICKING ON CRAZY PEOPLE. Goddess wept, Reidmar, you either need to get loaded or laid, because you have been one seriously grumpy-ass motherfucker lately.

Chris91 wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about that, Harley. I got a slot on his ignore list but he's still replying to my posts. Too bad I'm all out of fucks to give, but then again I usually am whenever his turn rolls around.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 am

I'll come back to respond to the general shitshow of this thread later when I'm not in a hurry, but I just had to share a horrible thought I had.

I just heard on the news that the New York Giants had stickers "SHES" on their helmets for Sandy Hills Elementary School when they lost 34-0 to the Falcons. My first thought was "speaking of massacre, holy shit."

Let that be a lesson. Attention whoring in the wake of tragedy causes you to lose football games. Just like it did after Hurricane Sandy.

Apparently the name Sandy just brings death like a motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:37 am

Obama says he's going to do something.

So did Bush.

And if you think that's just Bush being his illiterate, warmongering, ass-bandit self, so did Clinton.

So, I'm gonna take the bench on the skeptical side and call BULLSHIT on Obama.

And people are buying MORE guns now, like they think they can load up their 10 year olds and send them to school with them for defence. Or like this is the last day of a "Last In Stock" sale.

What the HELL is a civilian going to use an assault rifle for, anyway? Measuring his fucking cock?
Back to top Go down
LeeLee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
LeeLee

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I had to defriend some people because of the whole meme going around with the comic sans writing of a kid saying "God, why did this bad thing happen at school?" and god answering "It's because i'm not allowed in schools anymore."

I lived in CT and most of us are in shock- CT's a small state, so you sort of know the flavor of different towns. My old coworker is acting as a first responder right now to the survivors doing counseling in Newtown.

There's some copy-catting going on as another nearby school had a threat called in, so all the parents on my feed are freaking out, but they all are sending their kids to school.

Harley, this isn't the only massive school shooting to happen in the world. Norway has stricter regulations on what type of firearms one can get, and the Oslo attacks were some of the worst recorded ever. Crazy people are going to get weapons no matter what country they're from.

But continue your derail, please.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:16 pm

xerrohoof wrote:
No, you just hate the people whose land you stole when your murdering ancestors were all deported there. You hate them so much that not only do you climb their sacred rock even though they ask you not to, you then proceed to piss and shit all over it.

Chris91 wrote:
Snotty
Jesus CHRIST, Chris. His name is Clopper. Get with the program.

xerrohoof wrote:
STOP FUCKING PICKING ON CRAZY PEOPLE.
BWAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

you're seriously ALLCAPS RAEGing over the use of the term "batshit insane" when you told me before the reason you keep threatening to rape me is because of my militant feminism

and now to the serious topic:

You can't completely ban guns in the US. Assault weapons? Automatic weapons? Yeah, probably a good idea if Jimmy Headcase can't get hold of those. But people use guns for hunting and for protecting livestock and in certain parts of the country they need them in case of bears and mountain lions and shit. Not to mention that if it's in the constitution that a citizen has the right to bear arms, I'd imagine it would take some kind of federal referendum to change that. Folks who need guns because of their jobs/livelihood and where they live aren't going to vote to ban guns. Neither are the responsible gun owners who keep their guns and ammo locked up safely, because why should they be punished because some nut shot up a school? You can wail and thrash all you want about the evils of guns (btw, it's probably a good idea to compare the total rate of homicides in the UK and the US, not just the gun-related homicides before you decide that more guns = more murders), but let's be practical here.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Sooooo, who here thinks maybe the government should help us take better care of our mentally ill so their untrained mothers do not have to do it?

Last edited by Reepicheep-chan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Snotty

Nah, "Clopper" sounds too affectionate. "Snotty" suits him better-- it's more in keeping with his bratty behavior and attitude.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Snotty

Nah, "Clopper" sounds too affectionate. "Snotty" suits him better-- it's more in keeping with his bratty behavior and attitude.

...your choice, dude, but calling him "Clopper" drives him round the bend. It implies that he masturbates to My Little Pony porn.
Back to top Go down
LeeLee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
LeeLee

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Sooooo, who here thinks maybe the government should help us take beter care of our mentally ill so their untrained mothers do not have to do it?

Yeah, it's a great point, if only Republicans in particular didn't think it was a waste to spend tax money on mental illness. Insurance companies are to blame as well- they like to cut services left and right for people. I worked in acute care for kids and had to get authorization for some pretty serious stuff and would get pushback all the time from the insurance companies. I would have kids who were suicidal and drug addicted- "okay, how about 3 days of intense therapy, then call us back to see if they're better."

Then you'd have to call back and report in: "oh, they've improved slightly, great! Discharge them." Or; "They're not improved yet? Sounds like they're not taking it seriously. Discharge them." Fuck those people.

There's so much shaming placed on parents for not having perfect kids, and the schools do all they can to not provide services because THOSE cost money too. Investing time and resources into the kids now so they don't murder their peers later? We've never been big on preventative care I guess.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 pm

LeeLee wrote:
I worked in acute care for kids and had to get authorization for some pretty serious stuff and would get pushback all the time from the insurance companies. I would have kids who were suicidal and drug addicted- "okay, how about 3 days of intense therapy, then call us back to see if they're better."

Then you'd have to call back and report in: "oh, they've improved slightly, great! Discharge them." Or; "They're not improved yet? Sounds like they're not taking it seriously. Discharge them." Fuck those people.
URGH fuck insurance companies forever.

But I guess if these guys just prayed more they would be fucking fine.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Mad toward an obvious bait

... Uh, considering this is the first time you've responded towards any of my remarks, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I was putting an obvious bait out for someone to bite, thank you for being stupid enough, and for not being harley.

And secondly, it was a bait.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:46 pm

I never said anything about banning weapons; any kind. If your background checks are sufficient that the wrong people can't get hold of it, it no longer matters that Mr Sane Neighbour can have a small bazooka.

But if background checks aren't instilled, psychos will go on rampages with shotguns and handguns if they want to. True, people will always get hold of weapons illiegally; they'll steal them, get them black market, etc... but why does it have to be so EASY?!

Seriously, what is people's problems with a few checks to make sure that Mr Tommy Schitzophreniac can't get a gun and shoot his neighbour because he thinks he's turned into a small pinapple?

The UK has some of the strictest gun control in the WORLD. Some of you think Idaho makes you go through fire and ice for a permit? In the UK if you've done so much as an 'up yours' at a cop you can pretty much wave goodbye to your chances at even a shotgun. You even need to prove there's a damn good reason to own your gun, rather than just popping it on your mantlepiece next to your granny's urn and polishing it every Sunday.

But nooo, it's okay for people to die by headcase, as long as it's not with an assault rifle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at CT Elementary School   Shooting at CT Elementary School - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shooting at CT Elementary School
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next