Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"

Go down 
+25
Hot Cancer
Miss Misery
Mr.Doobie
Disco Stu
Mikey Go WOOGA
Cyberwulf
Ghost in the Machine
ZOOLANDER
Jay/Cris
grmblfjx
TheHedonist
Rabid Badger
Penguin
Drabbler
Cunovendus
WD40
Khajidu
bleachedblackcat
Lady Anne
Dixie
Reidmar
Trioculus
SirDixonDongs
EileenK98
the asylum
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

whoa guys

if you think about it we're all just three pound lumps of goo piloting basically robot bodies w life support systems

whoa
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 pm

What if we all secretly and unknowingly worship an emperor/god who's protecting us from armies of evil creatures

WITHOUT US KNOWING ABOUT IT!
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:38 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
From what I was taught, God created us with free will. That means we can choose to do and believe what we want.

Exactly!! Either he gave us free will, or he didn't. If he did, then he must have intended for us to use it.

I find it quite funny, really, the concept that there are three main candidates for god-hood, and these three have gathered their own group of followers who are then to kill, main and torture each other to death until Judgement Day, at which point it will finally be revealed which one is the winner, and those who supported that particular deity gets to go to Heaven, while the others go to Hell...

Speaking of which, why do religions always teach us that a) there's an endgame, and must make sure we're absolved of our sins for when that comes; and that b) any rewards we can expect will not happen until the afterlife, so we must go on following our deity's will in the hope that we'll get some great reward when we die? Sounds like a convenient way for the churches to control the population if you ask me...next you'll be telling me that the Catholic church didn't want the Bible translated into English, or that they tried to ban the printing press, for fear that people might actually read stuff and form their own opinions! Wink
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:57 am

Penguin wrote:
What if God is the Cylons

We keep hearing that He has a plan

And then the writers couldn't think of one so they dropped that tagline

+1

the thing is, the cylons believe in god

Cunovendus wrote:
next you'll be telling me that the Catholic church didn't want the Bible translated into English, or that they tried to ban the printing press, for fear that people might actually read stuff and form their own opinions! Wink

lol they actually did Upset
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Khajidu wrote:
Drabbler wrote:
Well, if you believe that everything is God's will, or is "meant to be" - as many do - then yes, that includes all of the horrors and atrocities in the world. Never saw the appeal myself.
Not only that, but on top of that you're not motivated to make people's lives better, if what happened to them was supposed to happen anyway.

Worse, trying to do anything about it would go against God's plan. Cheesy.
But if everything is God's plan, then wouldn't going against God's plan also be God's plan?
Pretty much. It's not, as Khajidu says, a motivator against helping others, because - and this is where it gets really unfair if you take it so far as to believe there's no free will - there's still the Eternal Reward/Eternal Torment thing waiting at the end of line. So yeah, there's still the push to do good works, but it's all part of the plan.

But anyway, you often see the whole idea that all the bad things that happen are God's will when people talk about (themselves, others, or humanity as a whole) "being tested." House burned down? It's a test. Inoperable cancer? It's a test. Rape? It's a test. Traffic jam? It's a test. Hangnail?

[And before anyone asks, it's an essay test, not multiple choice. There's no Scantron for this one.]
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:38 am

It's also worth pointing out that the ability to figure out wether something is for or against God's plan is restricted to only a few special people.

Why them? God willed it.

How do we know? They told us.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:49 pm

WD40 wrote:
It's also worth pointing out that the ability to figure out wether something is for or against God's plan is restricted to only a few special people.

Why them? God willed it.

How do we know? They told us.

And any time you question it, "he moveth in mysterious ways!" Rolling Eyes

I also love how, with religion, you don't need to justify anything because it's "the will of God!", and if you question it then you're a blasphemer.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Cunovendus wrote:
I also love how, with western Judeo-Christian religions, you don't need to justify anything because it's "the will of God!", and if you question it then you're a blasphemer.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:16 am

TheHedonist wrote:
(a modified version of my quote)

Not just Judeo-Christian religions. Muslims do this too. (unless "Judeo Christian" encompasses that religion as well)
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:11 am

Cunovendus wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:

Not just Judeo-Christian religions. Muslims do this too. (unless "Judeo Christian" encompasses that religion as well)

uh yeah islam is an abrahamic religion u poorly researched hoser
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 am

SirDixonDongs wrote:
Cunovendus wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:

Technically Islam is from the 'stans' region, aka it originally came from the areas southwest of russia. Colbert l2religion.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Islam around before Christianity? I always thought Christianity was relatively new compared to its main competitors.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Cunovendus wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Islam around before Christianity? I always thought Christianity was relatively new compared to its main competitors.

nop

muhammad was born about 570 CE

Reidmar wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
Cunovendus wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:

Technically Islam is from the 'stans' region, aka it originally came from the areas southwest of russia. Colbert l2religion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

a abrahamic religion means it comes from the same religious basis regardless of where it originated you goddamn shit idiot hell fucker

muhammad is seen as the restorer of the original faith of moses, abraham, jesus, and the other important prophets of judaism and christianity

fucking read a goddamn book you willfully ignorant smuglord turdshit
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
Cunovendus wrote:

nop

muhammad was born about 570 CE

There are references to Jesus in the Koran.

Quote :
Reidmar wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
Cunovendus wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

a abrahamic religion means it comes from the same religious basis regardless of where it originated you goddamn shit idiot hell fucker

muhammad is seen as the restorer of the original faith of moses, abraham, jesus, and the other important prophets of judaism and christianity

fucking read a goddamn book you willfully ignorant smuglord turdshit

We've just done Eid Mubarak which is literally a celebration of Abraham. Specifically his intent to sacrifice Issac.

[edit] i r rong.

We've just done

Eid Ul-Adha (26t Oct) is the one that celebrates Abriham's sacrifice - the Eid al-Fitr is a month later.

Eid Murabank is the Eid version of sating "Merry Christmas".

Point stands: Big focus on Abraham.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 pm

at least if i die in this hurricane at least i can say i dunked reidmar
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
at least if i die in this hurricane at least i can say i dunked reidmar
Not a big achievement, I assure you, go on and get dunked by a hurricane, I'll be nice and safe here inland while you're getting ass reamed your shit destroyed by the hurricane.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Also, a couple of Muhammad's relatives were Christians. Hard thing to be if your religion isn't even around yet Razz
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Reidmar wrote:
you're getting ass reamed your shit destroyed by the hurricane.
Dix/Hurricane OTP
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Reidmar wrote:
Dix/Hurricane OTP

sandy-sempai my ochinchin feels funny
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Reidmar wrote:
Dix/Hurricane OTP

Worst e-boyfriend ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Reidmar wrote:
Dix/Hurricane OTP

Worst e-boyfriend ever.

Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:10 am

SirDixonDongs wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Reidmar wrote:
Dix/Hurricane OTP

Worst e-boyfriend ever.

Counterpoint:

Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:16 am

And you think I say repulsive shit. 1) I can't hold a candle to these guys. 2) My repulsive shit is confined to WGW.

brb, raping and impregnating

EDIT:

Cunovendus wrote:
Speaking of which, why do Abrahamic religions always teach us that a) there's an endgame, and must make sure we're absolved of our sins for when that comes; and that b) any rewards we can expect will not happen until the afterlife, so we must go on following our deity's will in the hope that we'll get some great reward when we die?

FTFY. lrn2altreligion, moron.

Good grief, that annoys me when people lump all religions into one category.
Back to top Go down
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:51 am

xerrofoot wrote:
Good grief, that annoys me when people lump all religions into one category.

I routinely lump all religions into one category. False. Religion is for the benefit of the priests and exists to keep the laity in line so the priests can continue to shear their sheep as opposed to actually working for a living.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:44 am

Ghost in the Machine wrote:
Religion is for the benefit of the priests and exists to keep the laity in line so the priests can continue to shear their sheep as opposed to actually working for a living.
lol okay playa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next