Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"

Go down 
+25
Hot Cancer
Miss Misery
Mr.Doobie
Disco Stu
Mikey Go WOOGA
Cyberwulf
Ghost in the Machine
ZOOLANDER
Jay/Cris
grmblfjx
TheHedonist
Rabid Badger
Penguin
Drabbler
Cunovendus
WD40
Khajidu
bleachedblackcat
Lady Anne
Dixie
Reidmar
Trioculus
SirDixonDongs
EileenK98
the asylum
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" Empty
PostSubject: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
In a Tuesday night debate with his Democratic rival and a Libertarian candidate for one of Indiana's U.S. Senate seats, Republican candidate Richard Mourdock suggested that pregnancies resulting from rape are "something that God intended to happen," despite the "horrible situation" from which they derived.

You know, I could just leave it at this. This is enough. Right here. Stop, click Send.

But no, there's more.

Quote :
Mourdock, a Tea Party-backed candidate who beat longtime moderate Senator Richard Lugar in the state's Republican nominating contest earlier this year,

oh, of course it's a teatard. that explains everything.

Quote :
"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God," Mourdock said. "And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

And I'm sure that's a very comforting thought for all the victims. Sure you were violated in the most horrific manner imaginable, but it's what GOD wanted for you! Isn't that just super?

p.s. he loves you dont forget that ok

Quote :
"The God I believe in and the God I know most Hoosiers believe in, does not intend for rape to happen -- ever," Donnelly said. "What Mr. Mourdock said is shocking, and it is stunning that he would be so disrespectful to survivors of rape."

Except if you're buying her off of her father for a few shekals, if shes a slave, or from another tribe, and so on...

Quote :
Mourdock, seeking to clarify his comments in a press conference

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
[press conference] following the debate, said he had intended to say that "God creates life," and that any interpretation of his comments to mean God "pre-ordained rape" were "sick" and "twisted."

god has a plan for everyone

nothing goes against gods plan

ergo what happens to people is gods plan

that whole logic thing's a real bitch isnt it

SPECIAL GUEST APPERANCE BY RICK SANTORUM

Quote :
"I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created -- in the sense of rape -- but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you," Santorum told CNN's Piers Morgan in January. "We have to make the best of a bad situation."

"yep just pull yourself up by your bootstraps dont let it get you too down"

christ on a stick shut the fuck up

what barrel does the gop scrape these people out of
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:48 am

Babies are gifts of God, to be sure. But suggesting that He would send a rapist to deliver this gift . . . Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" 724940
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:37 am

99% of the time i dont want to wish rape on anyone but seriously i wish they could find out the hard way just how fuckin horrific what theyre sayin is b/c i think theyre just too goddamn dumb to get it any other way

i guarantee you if cis dudes could get pregnant youd have abortion clinics like fuckin starbucks
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 am

And I live in Indiana. pale

Quote :
longtime moderate Senator Richard Lugar in the state's Republican nominating contest earlier this year,

And that's how bad it's gotten. Lugar has been a rock-solid conservative for longer than I've been alive---he only looks "moderate" because he's not frothing at the mouth insane. Because he was known to...(gasp)...actually talk and work with Democrats like they were, you know, fellow human beings with a different point of view rather than alien invaders who want to suck out everyone's spinal fluids or something.

Sadly, I just don't trust my state full of rednecks and bigots not to vote this piece of crap into office.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Trioculus wrote:
And I live in Indiana. pale

Quote :
longtime moderate Senator Richard Lugar in the state's Republican nominating contest earlier this year,

And that's how bad it's gotten. Lugar has been a rock-solid conservative for longer than I've been alive---he only looks "moderate" because he's not frothing at the mouth insane. Because he was known to...(gasp)...actually talk and work with Democrats like they were, you know, fellow human beings with a different point of view rather than alien invaders who want to suck out everyone's spinal fluids or something.

Sadly, I just don't trust my state full of rednecks and bigots not to vote this piece of crap into office.
At least in Iowa we're rednecks and bigots with a conservative point of view. Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" 896582 Still though, I wouldn't want this guy in office, ANYONE who says a woman should not have an abortion in the case of rape or life saving needs to go get shot and remove themselves from our air supply, it'd be the kindest thing they could do.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:12 pm

anyone who wants to take away a uterus-haver's agency needs to remove themselves from the air supply, more like

i love how apparently people w/ uteruses are too irresponsible to decide whether they should have a kid but are somehow responsible enough to raise one

prolifers, y'all
Back to top Go down
Dixie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dixie

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Are these people really trying to alienate +- 50% of the voting population? I can't understand how anyone in a country which purports to be First World and civilised can possibly tolerate such rampant idiocy. Crikey, I thought MY country was bad...
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 pm

So, if everything is God's plan...then isn't abortion part of God's plan?[/logic]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:21 am

Lady Anne wrote:
So, if everything is God's plan...then isn't abortion part of God's plan?[/logic]

Hey, you really want to make someone's head explode? Make a case for Judas having done a good thing.

On the topic at hand, why hasn't anyone sent out a memo going STOP MAKING REMARKS LIKE THIS MORONS! ?
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 am

*sprays moron-b-gone all over the gop*

*comes back 1048576 years later*
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:26 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
On the topic at hand, why hasn't anyone sent out a memo going STOP LETTING ON WHAT WE ACTUALLY BELIEVE!!

FTFY
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 pm

The Senate race in Indiana is now leaning Democratic.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Quote :
pregnancies resulting from rape are "something that God intended to happen"

By that logic, murder, torture, religious genocide, cruelty to animals, famine, poverty and X Factor are also things that God intended to happen.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:24 am

Well, if you believe that everything is God's will, or is "meant to be" - as many do - then yes, that includes all of the horrors and atrocities in the world. Never saw the appeal myself.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:32 am

Drabbler wrote:
Well, if you believe that everything is God's will, or is "meant to be" - as many do - then yes, that includes all of the horrors and atrocities in the world. Never saw the appeal myself.

Not only that, but on top of that you're not motivated to make people's lives better, if what happened to them was supposed to happen anyway.

Worse, trying to do anything about it would go against God's plan. Cheesy.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 am

Khajidu wrote:
Drabbler wrote:

Not only that, but on top of that you're not motivated to make people's lives better, if what happened to them was supposed to happen anyway.

Worse, trying to do anything about it would go against God's plan. Cheesy.
But if everything is God's plan, then wouldn't going against God's plan also be God's plan?
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:04 am

No, because actually exercising free will has NEVER been part of God's plan. That's why we're always compared to sheep all over the Gospel. Free will was meant as decoration, not actual use, you know.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:45 am

what if we dont actually have free will at all and literally everything we do is part of gods plan

even the shit people say is against gods plan
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:00 am

Lady Anne wrote:

But if everything is God's plan, then wouldn't going against God's plan also be God's plan?

Ooh! Now it's getting deep!! :D

My reasoning is that if a deity does exist, he either gave us free will to do what we wished, even if it involves bad things happening, or he would have destroyed us all long ago. I highly doubt it was God's plan to have people commit mass genocide in his name, because that makes him sound like a pretty evil deity if that's the case. Christians, Muslims, Jews...they're all just as guilty of having fanatics who want to force their own version of what's "right" into everyone's faces, and brutally murder anyone who disagrees with them (as well as nice people who just want to believe their own version and leave everyone else to believe theirs), and I for one would not follow any deity who demanded that of me.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:06 am

dude omg pollen is just tree bukkake

im so high right now its blowin my mind man
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:11 am

so... it's part of god's plan to have us getting ourselves in knots about the issue ? Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" 886522

does god even have a plan

does he even exist
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:18 am

do we even exist

what if the whole world is a dream dreamed by an ant or something on some cosmic plane and none of this is real
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:31 pm

what if we're in the matrix

what if we're brains in jars

what if
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 pm

What if God is the Cylons

We keep hearing that He has a plan

And then the writers couldn't think of one so they dropped that tagline
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:57 pm

From what I was taught, God created us with free will. That means we can choose to do and believe what we want.

You have to remember that the vast majority of these nutcases are referring to the vengeful 'Kill all your neighbors for not believeing the same things as you' Old testament God. They seldom mention Jesus, because Jesus's birth technically nullified Old Testament Law. Jesus's motto was 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' Way too wimpy for the Teapublicans (a deity who believed that rich people should pay more than poor people? ('For to whom much is given, much is expected')

Also, they're not pro-ife, they're pro-fetus. Once the child's actually born, they could care less what happens to it, whether it's mother can afford to take care of it, whether has a chance at a decent life. Their view of women is straight out of the 18th Century, and any woman (or sane rational man) who'd vote for them has a few screws loose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"   Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!" Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans: "Rape is a gift from God!"
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next