Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)

Go down 
+57
Waffles
Lapin
VB
La
Randy
Chaltab
Kitbug
eugenetapdance
Zoe
The Ansem Man
CalenBee
fishstickhater
SirDixonDongs
Notomys mordax
Dr. Professor Science
Trulz
Miraba
Verandering
Cyberwulf
amyleefan22
El Gotho
GwennyDear
Eldoniel-Alberti
KGarrett
kleine_kat
I_Lam_Edhellen
rae
myeerah
KJM
Salamas
Sloth
ClanDragoodle
Miss S
Zeiss Manifold
KelinciHutan
mennat
Aggie
Braigwen
Mae Bedlam
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Sisco
Fitchsticks
ZoZo
theweirdkind
Raine
Sheba
InkWeaver
Fairlight
Ihasacookie
Root Admin
Maximilia
DeeDee
grmblfjx
Miss Prince
anangrychocobo
Keith Fraser
Narwhal
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 7:22 pm

But I got a reply!
Quote :
huh, strangely enough i really liked it, but yah characters were OC.

my friend who's also on here writes stories for contests, like what you did, and i luv to do that but i don't know where to find em.

help if you can please =]

loved the story, and the steak - stake thing was obvious but funny

toodles

/x

UPDATE: And... someone favorited the story. And the author. *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Hits 974
Favourites 3
Alerts 5
Reviews 5 (not counting the 2 for Chapter Six)

My fic was also included in the C2 "DoomedFic" courtesy of Masked Reviewer. "If your story's included in this C2, it sucks. Do better next time. If you rewrite a story, PM me and I might remove it from this list."
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:23 pm

And I got another reply:
Quote :
Mmh, yes, I guess a lesson was learned: tastes differ.
Thank you for writing a story I liked.
Bye now.

Well, at least someone got some enjoyment out of it.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:42 am

OK, stats for this iteration of my badfic:
Reviews: 10
Favourites: 4
Alerts: 10
C2s: 2: DoomedFic, and "Journey's End Collection", which is presumably a serious C2.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 pm

ZoZo wrote:
C2s: 2: DoomedFic
Yours too? I did wonder. The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 611762
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Ugh sorry u gais, had major issues with the ol' laptop. Bottom line is modem was replaced but then vista apps no longer worked and internet ran as if t'were dial up. Repair guys told me to ring Microsoft, Microsoft told me to ring manufacturer. Common sense told me to borrow vista disc and reinstall. Woop woop.

Anyway even though I didn't finish this chapter of the contest I shall start work on my reveal chapter forthwith.
Back to top Go down
La

La

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

I didn't make the deadline in time, which is alright. I'm going to milk it more, and make it ridiculously long and progressively worse. And stuff.

Chapters: 2
Hits: 569
Reviews: 20
Favorites: 17
Story Alerts: 28

This is going to be fun. x3
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:02 am

La wrote:
I didn't make the deadline in time, which is alright. I'm going to milk it more, and make it ridiculously long and progressively worse. And stuff.

Chapters: 2
Hits: 569
Reviews: 20
Favorites: 17
Story Alerts: 28

This is going to be fun. x3

Wow, only two chapters and that's your tally? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I haven't read your story--that must be some epic stuff!! :D
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:55 am

Helps that she's using the Naruto fandom and I think... Itachi/Sakura or Sasuke/Sakura? One of the two? They're rabid.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:38 am

HA! I found a Code Geass fanfic that uses basically the exact same plot as my Harry Potter badfic!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It even has other female characters from the series as other whores working where the main character does, and the ones the author doesn't like are evil and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:38 am

I've had someone favourite me after the final chapter was posted as well; I'm going to message them and ask if they were amused by the 'gotcha' ending.

Fairlight - don't know if you already saw it, but someone posted a review in response to your last chapter:

Masked Reviewer wrote:
Ahem, you failed to give me credit for adding this 'story' to Doomed Fic, my C2 for Doctor Who badfic. Wink I added it weeks ago. I didn't review it because if I commented on every piece of crap writing on this site, I would have no time to do anything else.

The people who gave this thing positive reviews should be ashamed of themselves for encouraging a crapfic author.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:51 am

I find the lack of wank that has ensued startling. You'd think at least one fanbrat would get pissed off. Just one.

They really don't read the fics they drool over, do they?
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Like I said, fanbrats tend to clam up when they realize they've been tricked.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Keith Fraser wrote:
Fairlight - don't know if you already saw it, but someone posted a review in response to your last chapter
I did, then I sent him a PM inviting him to take a look around WGW. His response; "Lovely site. It reminds me very much of the late, great Godawful Fanfic."
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:27 pm

Remember, favoriting something doesn't mean somebody thinks it's GOOD. It just means they want to read more of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Baron Chuddlington III

Baron Chuddlington III

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:08 pm

This thread was last active around the time I was in my prime.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:28 am

Yeah, funny story today.

So, the boyfriend asks me out of the blue, "Say, did you use the business email to set up a dummy fanfiction.net account to write badfic for Buffy?" And I'm all like, "Uh, how did you know? It was for a contest". He said, "Well, someone really liked it, or so they said in their review. And they favorited it. And they story and author alerted it."

... so even with the big reveal chapter, people still liked this stupid ass story.

Quote :
this is really really good. very original. I'm loving the way your portraying spike in the story. can't wait for more.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:23 pm

It's sad, really. I mean, people have such low expectations for fanfiction that they will enjoy ANYTHING, no matter how abysmal. It really makes me feel kind of sad about having almost 150 reviews for Prison Island Break.

And worried.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
It's sad, really.

That you revived a nearly two year old dead topic?
Back to top Go down
Los Christabel

Los Christabel

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:02 pm

How about running the contest again?
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Or a repeat of the crossover contest? That was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:06 pm

^ You mean the Star Trek / Star Wars one? Because that was really great.
Back to top Go down
Los Christabel

Los Christabel

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Why not both?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 pm

I'm STILL getting reviews on that. The latest one:

Quote :
good story BUT WHY DIDNT YOU FINISH IT

Just last week. I... I don't even know.... Although this would be a prime time to do another badfic competition, what with The Hunger Games coming out and fans all over themselves about it.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Maximilia wrote:
I'm STILL getting reviews on that. The latest one:

Quote :
good story BUT WHY DIDNT YOU FINISH IT

Just last week. I... I don't even know.... Although this would be a prime time to do another badfic competition, what with The Hunger Games coming out and fans all over themselves about it.

Dystopia then BAM! Zombie Apocalypse.

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)   The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1) - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Badfic Contest to End All Badfic Contests (EXTENDED TO SEPT 1)
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next