Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks

Go down 
+5
Mikey Go WOOGA
Reidmar
Cyberwulf
Chris91
Hot Cancer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks Empty
PostSubject: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 am

For those of you not familiar with the politics of football (or soccer) Joseph S. “Sepp” Blatter is the President of FIFA and runss in it a manner that would make Fidel Castro think “Hey, that’s a bit authoritarian, isn’t it?”

He has more or less absolute power at FIFA, his word is law, he can and does ignore recommendations made by Sub-Commitees and the continental confederations, and there have been numerous allegations of corruption and even the occasional enquiry into corruption. The last one saw two high ranking FIFA delegates, Jack Walker and Mohammed bin Hammam, being forced to resign. Naturally, Sepp escaped unharmed. Conveniently too, because bin Hammam was the only other candidate for the 2011 FIFA Presidential Election, resulting in a truly lolarious ballot paper with only Blatter’s name on it. And you had to tick it in order to cast a valid vote. No football fan alive thought it even slightly fishy. No way.

He’s not above a public faux pas either.

For example, in 2004, he suggested that if the organisers of Women’s Football wanted larger audiences, they should get the women playing to wear tighter shorts. Then after Qatar got the 2022 World Cup, and people pointed out a little foible in that homosexuality is illegal in Qatar, and it didn’t seem right that FIFA should be endorsing them with a World Cup; Blatter responded effectively by saying that gay fans wanting to travel to the 2022 World Cup should just not have any buttsecks while there and it’ll be fine.

Over the last couple of days he struck again. Racism in football has become a hot topic lately thanks to two high-profile incidents. Firstly, Liverpool and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has been charged by the English Football Association with racially abusing Manchester United and France defender Patrice Evra in a recent match*. Secondly, England and Chelsea captain John Terry was recorded seemingly referring to QPR defender Anton Ferdinand as a ‘black asshole’ in another recent match**, for which he has also been charged by the FA, and the London Metropolitan Police.

Yesterday, Blatter denied that on pitch racism is a problem and suggested that players should sort it out 'with a handshake'. Rio Ferdinand, Anton’s brother, also a professional footballer and prominent twitterer tweeted to the effect of “the fuck, Blatter?” after seeing this. Then today, this happened:

Quote :
rioferdy5Rio Ferdinand
Fifa clear up the blatter comments with a pic of him posing with a black man..I need the hand covering eyes symbol!!

SeppBlatterJoseph S Blatter
@rioferdy5 The ‘black man’ as you call him has a name: Tokyo Sexwale. He has done tremendous work against racism and apartheid in Africa...

Yes that is Blatter’s official twitter. So not only does he think on-pitch racial insults can be sorted with a handshake, he’s basically trying to turn it around and imply that Rio Ferdinand, whose brother was (apparently) called a black asshole, remember, of being racist for referring to Sexwale as 'a black man'.

Oh Sepp, you scoundrel.

The head of the Professional Footballers Association in England has already suggested he should resign over yesterday’s “handshake” remark, but I suspect he’ll survive again.

*Suarez claims his innocence, saying he used a word he didn’t think was racist, and was used by Evra’s own team-mates. Apparently (this is not confirmed by player or club, though) he called Evra a ‘negrito’, which I’m told is a race-neutral slang term of affection equivalent to ‘mate’ in some Spanish-speaking countries, despite its obvious routes in the Spanish word for black (dunno if that’s true). And that because he barely speaks English he didn’t realise it would be construed as racist.

**Terry also claims his innocence, he hasn't given a reason beyond "I didn't do it". I dunno, maybe in chavvier parts of London ‘black asshole’ is also a term of affection, and because Terry only speaks chav and not English, he didn’t know it was offensive.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 am

FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks 724940 Is this guy TRYING to destroy FIFA's credibility as an organization? Or is he just an Olympic-caliber idiot? Either way he shouldn't be running a 7-11, let alone the world's most important soccer association.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 am

Hot Cancer wrote:

Yesterday, Blatter denied that on pitch racism is a problem and suggested that players should sort it out 'with a handshake'. Rio Ferdinand, Anton’s brother, also a professional footballer and prominent twitterer tweeted to the effect of “the fuck, Blatter?” after seeing this. Then today, this happened:

Quote :
rioferdy5Rio Ferdinand
Fifa clear up the blatter comments with a pic of him posing with a black man..I need the hand covering eyes symbol!!

SeppBlatterJoseph S Blatter
@rioferdy5 The ‘black man’ as you call him has a name: Tokyo Sexwale. He has done tremendous work against racism and apartheid in Africa...

Yes that is Blatter’s official twitter. So not only does he think on-pitch racial insults can be sorted with a handshake, he’s basically trying to turn it around and imply that Rio Ferdinand, whose brother was (apparently) called a black asshole, remember, of being racist for referring to Sexwale as 'a black man'.
This has to be the most epic case of I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND in the history of ever.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

This has to be the most epic case of I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND in the history of ever.
Indeed, I'm hard pressed to think of another case where this could apply.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
Then after Qatar got the 2022 World Cup, and people pointed out a little foible in that homosexuality is illegal in Qatar, and it didn’t seem right that FIFA should be endorsing them with a World Cup; Blatter responded effectively by saying that gay fans wanting to travel to the 2022 World Cup should just not have any buttsecks while there and it’ll be fine.

Wasn't the bigger issue that it appeared Qatar had essentially bought him off to get the WC to begin with? There needs to be some sort of bylaw in FIFA that dictates the WC only be hosted in civilized countries and NEVER on Africa. Basically, US and Yoorup only. You might be able to hold it in Toronto or Montreal as well, but no one in Canada gives a shit.

Hot Cancer wrote:
Secondly, England and Chelsea captain John Terry was recorded seemingly referring to QPR defender Anton Ferdinand as a ‘black asshole’ in another recent match**, for which he has also been charged by the FA, and the London Metropolitan Police.

Please tell me I misunderstand what you said. Someone called someone else a black asshole. Presumably because the guy was black and an asshole. And he was charged with something by the goddamn 5-0? Cool Big Brother you have there, bro.

No seriously, I never want to hear an Englishman claim to be superior to any American in any field after reading this. To call you people cow shit would be to insult a useful fertilizer.

Also, who gives a shit about "racism on the pitch"? This isn't a goddamn tolerance circle, it's supposedly the top "football" club league in the world, leave political bullshit out of it, and let them settle it on the "pitch." Though frankly, I'd hope they'd solve it in a more entertaining way than a handshake.

I'm sure there are soccer moms and other Moral Crusaders For Family Justice out there that say "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game" in addition to the PC butthurters. The problem is, the only important measure of how you played the game is whether you won or lost.

Quote :
The ‘black man’ as you call him has a name: Tokyo Sexwale.

Tokyo Sex Whale.

Somehow I think he prefers "Black Man." Colbert
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Wasn't the bigger issue that it appeared Qatar had essentially bought him off to get the WC to begin with?

Oh, the Qatari FA bribed the fuck out of Executive Committee. I seriously doubt Blatter didn't collect his few shillings. The 'buying people off' bit is actually what got bin Hamamm, since he was the Qatari FA delegate, and I think FIFA vice-president at the time, and members of the Executive Committee testified that he said he'd route some extra 'development money' in the direction of their FA if they voted for Qatar's World Cup bid. But somehow Sepp managed to successfully play the innocence card and get away with it.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Please tell me I misunderstand what you said. Someone called someone else a black asshole. Presumably because the guy was black and an asshole. And he was charged with something by the goddamn 5-0? Cool Big Brother you have there, bro.

My mistake, he actually hasn't been charged by the Met, they're conducting a 'formal investigation' into the matter. I presume it's illegal to make racist comments in a public place. Don't live in England so I can't be sure. Not completely sure why they're investigating him but the Mersyside Police aren't bothered investigating Suarez.

The Football Association have charged him with unsportsmanlike conduct, and they can because they run professional football in England.
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:37 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Wasn't the bigger issue that it appeared Qatar had essentially bought him off to get the WC to begin with? There needs to be some sort of bylaw in FIFA that dictates the WC only be hosted in civilized countries and NEVER on Africa. Basically, US and Yoorup only. You might be able to hold it in Toronto or Montreal as well, but no one in Canada gives a shit.

I think a large part of the Blatter problem is how Europe and the US tried to get the World Cup, but were shafted by corruption.

Quote :
Racist insults are covered by law. I fail to see how you can call Big Brother on that.

Quote :
No seriously, I never want to hear an Englishman claim to be superior to any American in any field after reading this. To call you people cow shit would be to insult a useful fertilizer.
Charming.

Quote :
Also, who gives a shit about "racism on the pitch"? This isn't a goddamn tolerance circle, it's supposedly the top "football" club league in the world, leave political bullshit out of it, and let them settle it on the "pitch." Though frankly, I'd hope they'd solve it in a more entertaining way than a handshake. I'm sure there are soccer moms and other Moral Crusaders For Family Justice out there that say "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game" in addition to the PC butthurters. The problem is, the only important measure of how you played the game is whether you won or lost..

I suppose you are completely unaware that, when a black player took a corner in the seventies, the fans would make 'monkey' noises and throw bananas at him? The kick racism out of football effort has been long lasting and hard, hard work.

Prime Minister of the UK: David Cameron.

Quote :
Cameron said: "It's appalling to suggest that racism in any way should be accepted as part of the game.

A lot of work has gone into ridding racism from all aspects of our society, including football. As many of our top sports stars have rightly pointed out, now is not the time for complacency."

Sports Minister: Hugh Robinson.

Quote :
Robertson said: "Sepp Blatter's comments are completely unacceptable. This is the latest episode that calls into question whether this man should be the head of world football.

"For the sake of the game, he should go."

Professional Footballers Association, Chief Executive: David Taylor.

Quote :
Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Taylor said the racism remarks were "the straw which broke the camel's back" and that Blatter should step aside for UEFA president Michel Platini.

Taylor said: "Coming on top of his comments which were offensive about female footballers, his homophobic comments about homosexuals not going to Qatar, the World Cup bidding process, he won't have technology over goal-line decisions and the corruption which is so plainly evident at FIFA. It is time for him to go."

From FIFpro.

Quote :
The international players' union FIFPro described Blatter's comments as "rather clumsy" and said there should be closer co-operation with FIFA in the fight against racism.

And from Rio Ferdinand himself.

Quote :
Ferdinand responded himself to Blatter on Thursday afternoon, saying: "To say what you said about racism in football spoke volumes of your ignorance to the subject.

"If we want 2 stamp out racism in society a football pitch is a good place to start - loved by billions of people around the world."

Seems as if a lot of people think making racist comments, on a pitch or off, is an unacceptable thing.

Quote :
Quote :
The ‘black man’ as you call him has a name: Tokyo Sexwale.

Tokyo Sex Whale.

Somehow I think he prefers "Black Man." Colbert

Sexwale was imprisoned on Robben island during the apartheid era. He's now a minister in the South African goverment. I wonder how he feels about being used as Blatter's 'no, some of my best friends are black!' stooge.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:03 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
No seriously, I never want to hear an Englishman claim to be superior to any American in any field

Quote :
English

Quote :
man

Well, that leaves me entirely in the clear, then.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PendragonGirl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
PendragonGirl

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:09 am

Hot Cancer wrote:
*Suarez claims his innocence, saying he used a word he didn’t think was racist, and was used by Evra’s own team-mates. Apparently (this is not confirmed by player or club, though) he called Evra a ‘negrito’, which I’m told is a race-neutral slang term of affection equivalent to ‘mate’ in some Spanish-speaking countries, despite its obvious routes in the Spanish word for black (dunno if that’s true). And that because he barely speaks English he didn’t realise it would be construed as racist.

Having lived there, I can say that is correct. People call each other "negrito" and "negrita" as a term of endearment. Even my grandmother calls me that and I'm pale as snow.

However, Suarez is a drunken misogynistic little shit as are most of the soccer players here. Not sure if he's a racist but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 am

Summercorn wrote:

I suppose you are completely unaware that, when a black player took a corner in the seventies,
In the seventies? Try "just a couple months ago", which was the last time I heard of something similar happening.

FIFA as a whole needs a big reform. It's a huge, professional organization that's still run like the backyard "gentleman's club" it was eight decades ago. People like Blatter and (his predecessor) Havelange are the natural consequence of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks   FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks Empty

Back to top Go down

FIFA President Sepp Blatter up to his usual old tricks
Page 1 of 1