Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash

Go down 
+10
Mafiosa
Chaltab
Chris91
Spotts1701
gaijinguy
Sutremaine
Raine
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
The Unoriginal
ZoZo
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash Empty
PostSubject: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:25 am

I don't know what else to say. This is absolutely tragic.

They were going to Russia for a ceremony to commemorate a massacre of the Poles, which was really important as Russia had finally apologised for said massacre.

My friend in Poland is devastated. One of the men on the plane, the Undersecretary of State, Mariusz Handzlik, was her lecturer.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:19 am

ZoZo wrote:
Seconded. Too early to know what caused the crash, right?
Hopefully Poland has enough of a stable democracy and government that no one will try to take advantage of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:25 am

My suspiscion detector is already working. I hope we don't have grubby terrorists on our hands.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:39 am

The Unoriginal wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Seconded. Too early to know what caused the crash, right?
Hopefully Poland has enough of a stable democracy and government that no one will try to take advantage of the situation.
Apparently, it was a crappy old plane trying to land in the fog. It missed the runway and hit some trees, and being crappy and old, fell to bits. At least, that's what I gather from the situation. Haven't seen the foil hats come out yet.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:03 am

ZoZo wrote:
Apparently, it was a crappy old plane trying to land in the fog. It missed the runway and hit some trees, and being crappy and old, fell to bits. At least, that's what I gather from the situation. Haven't seen the foil hats come out yet.

We'll have to wait for a proper investigation to find out the truth, but I'm sure there's going to be plenty of conspiracy theories popping up soon.

This is just so tragic on so many levels. I can't even bring myself to say it in my mind why that is. Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash 309696
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:47 am

I thought at first that it was a small private plane with the president and a few officials, which would be bad enough by itself. This is terrible.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 am

Hitting a tree will pretty much end most planes, though I doubt being a 20-year-old Soviet product helped any. Something that light, traveling at that speed. . . yeah.

If this is some sort of terrorist act, then it means Hideo Kojima has really and truly gone 'round the bend. The amount of setup, planning, and luck you'd need to engineer this kind of accident would be ridiculous.

So, did you hear the one about the Polish airliner that crashed in the cemetery?

They recovered 15,000 bodies

EDIT: Followup: Apparently the plane had been overhauled and should've been in good working condition. Link.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:33 am

Raine wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

We'll have to wait for a proper investigation to find out the truth, but I'm sure there's going to be plenty of conspiracy theories popping up soon.

Go read the comments section on CNN. Half the folks there think the Russians are responsible (most of the others are cracking jokes about giving Poland President Obama as a replacement).
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:35 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Go read the comments section on CNN. Half the folks there think the Russians are responsible (most of the others are cracking jokes about giving Poland President Obama as a replacement).

That's messed up.

Haven't the Poles suffered enough?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:28 am

gaijinguy wrote:

So, did you hear the one about the Polish airliner that crashed in the cemetery?

[size=7]They recovered 15,000 bodies[/size
*snerk* We have that same joke here, except the plane crashed in Dublin in ours :p
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:37 pm

ZoZo wrote:

They were going to Russia for a ceremony to commemorate a massacre of the Poles, which was really important as Russia had finally apologised for said massacre.

There's a nice little dose of cosmic irony, huh? The passengers were getting ready to mark one horrific moment in Polish history and wound up being part of another. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Wow, that's awful. Hopefully they don't get screwed over with the replacement president and add insult to injury.

gaijinguy wrote:
That's messed up.

I don't know if this was intentional, but it sounded like you were saying this about giving them Obama. It made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Chaltab wrote:
Wow, that's awful. Hopefully they don't get screwed over with the replacement president and add insult to injury.

gaijinguy wrote:
That's messed up.

I don't know if this was intentional, but it sounded like you were saying this about giving them Obama. It made me laugh.

That's the joke.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Chaltab wrote:

Well, the Speaker of the Lower House of Parliament takes over for the short-term, but he has to call for elections within the next 14 days and the election must take place within 60 days of that announcement.

In addition, the President of Poland has very little in the way of domestic authority. Most of the normal day-to-day state functions are carried out by the Prime Minister and the Cabinet.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Turns out I had seen the crashed "Careless" last September, during a G8 meeting. Not that it means anything, but it was clean as a whistle and the crew was tucking it in for the night. I think that no matter the financial state of a country, the presidential airplane would not be a clunker.
There have been many accidents involving the Tu-154, but few of them were originated by technical troubles (most were shot down, bombed, or flown into the ground or into other planes, such as the Bashkirian airliner full of children which was directed by an air controller to slice open a DHL Boeing). One even skidded across a runway in Greece as the pilots had forgotten to lower the landing gear, but circled and came back to land normally.

Most of the jokes being made in italy right now are along the line of "some guys have all the luck", FWIW.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:16 pm

ZoZo wrote:

My friend in Poland is devastated. One of the men on the plane, the Undersecretary of State, Mariusz Handzlik, was her lecturer.

Coup sense tingling!
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:01 pm

If something shady was at play, I wouldn't think that it'd be internal Polish politics, but rather Russia quietly exerting a bit of muscle on Poland, which has been very pro-US for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
Maledisant

Maledisant

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:29 am

The thing that nobody's saying out loud - because he's, well, dead now - is that there's a good chance the plane tried to land on the President's insistence.

Some time ago, the presidential plane was headed to Tbilisi. The city was under fire, and the pilot flatly refused to land there, choosing a different airport instead. When they came back, Kaczynski said the pilot's refusal was a scandal, because the President (nominally the head of the armed forces) should not have to suffer such insubordination.

Now, as far as I've heard, the plane had four landing attempts in Smolensk. Which kind of suggests there was something wrong in the first place, and they chose to try again in spite of that.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:33 am

With a little luck, some good may come of this if it brings the countries closer together.

Still, it's terrible, just as they were putting their bad history behind them, they become part of it themselves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Quote :
Too early to know what caused the crash, right?

Russian SAM. Razz

Or those crappy Russian built runways. Always 50 yards to the left of where you try to land. Colbert

ALSO, if we donated Obama to them, wouldn't Biden become our President? Maybe we want to consider giving them Biden and keeping Obama?

I'd say more, but all I can think of are bad jokes and I've made plenty of those already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash   Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash Empty

Back to top Go down

Polish President and senior government officials die in plane crash
Page 1 of 1