Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gore on a plane

Go down 
+8
AngryRobotsInc
EileenK98
Raine
Raven
Ghost in the Machine
Just Chipper
Princess
Malganis
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Ewwwwwwwww

Quote :
Baggage handlers at Sunport got a nasty surprise when they opened up the cargo hold on Southwest Flight 477 Wednesday.

News 13 has confirmed that blood from human remains being transported on the flight managed to leak out of the shipment container.

"A few agents that were working that flight," a source with knowledge of the incident told News 13, "said they wouldn't off load that flight because they said there was blood everywhere."

"I heard them say it was a bloodbath."

Sources tell News 13 that the blood got onto the clothes of several workers and that it leaked onto some of the passengers' luggage.

...Yeah, I got nothin'. :puke:
Back to top Go down
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Why were there human remains on a flight?
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm

What horrible customer care!
Back to top Go down
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:20 pm

Princess wrote:

That's perfectly normal air cargo. Somebody dies in City A and is to be buried in City B. Nothing sinister in the least, even if it is a little creepy when you see those large white boxes on the loading dock because the hearse hasn't arrived yet.
Back to top Go down
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Ghost in the Machine wrote:
Princess wrote:

That's perfectly normal air cargo. Somebody dies in City A and is to be buried in City B. Nothing sinister in the least, even if it is a little creepy when you see those large white boxes on the loading dock because the hearse hasn't arrived yet.
I assumed they sealed those to prevent pressure change from causing over-expansion.

I was thinking somebody was shipping a body without the proper paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:49 pm

I didn't realise there was much blood associated with dead bodies...
Back to top Go down
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Princess wrote:

I assumed they sealed those to prevent pressure change from causing over-expansion.

Not in my experience. The boxes corpses are shipped in aren't... how shall I put this... rigid or air tight.

From the SWA Cargo regs about human remains...
Quote :

All shipping containers must be new and cannot be reused.
Shipper must comply with all local, state, federal, and international regulations.
Shipping containers containing dry ice will be subject to our current dry ice policy.
Human remains must be adequately secured in an air tray or combination tray.
Human remains must be tendered in a container that will adequately protect the contents from damage with ordinary care and handling.
All human remains shipments must appropriately display the label "head" on the outer shipping container to assist handlers in aircraft loading and unloading operations.
Appropriate documentation must accompany all human remains. This includes either a signed certificate of death, burial permit, and/or burial transit removal permit as mandated by local, state and government regulations.

I'm thinking there must have been a serious problem at the origin point, either with the shipping container or with the preparatory embalming. Unfortunately, the original article that Malganis linked to doesn't go into that much detail. There's another article on this at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] However, it doesn't really add much. It does note that the body was a third party shipment.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:46 am

Raven wrote:
I didn't realise there was much blood associated with dead bodies...

I'm not very well-versed in how bodies are prepared for funerals, but I would think that the blood would have been drained if the body had been taken care of by a mortician.

Last edited by Raine on Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:29 am

I'd be worried about what this person died of, if it were my luggage stained with this blood.
Back to top Go down
AngryRobotsInc
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
AngryRobotsInc

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:40 am

The article isn't exactly informative on whether or not it was actually blood, rather than dyed embalming fluid that the workers mistook for blood, since the only reference is anonymous sources.

Last edited by AngryRobotsInc on Mon May 17, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm a little too creeped out thinking of all the times I've flown, and that there may have been a rotting corpse right under me. Damn. Ignorance can be bliss.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly sure it's illegal to ship a body that hasn't been embalmed. Simple dignity aside, embalming is usually done within a few hours after the body dies because if you wait too long, decomposition sets in, and no amount of embalming fluid in the world will cover up the smell of a rotting corpse.

Plus, an Angry Robot said, it may not have been blood at all-it may've been embalming fluid leaking out. In which case, if I were the family, I'd sue the mortician who did the job.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:39 am

BRIEFCASE FULL OF GUTS
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:21 am

Penguin wrote:
BRIEFCASE FULL OF GUTS
That might happen more often than you think. While I was waiting for my return flight, I read an interesting article about plants and animals smuggled into the UK. There was a guy returning from a hunting safari in Africa who had frozen everything before departing, but as the flight was delayed, by the time his luggage was on the transporter, it was piddling blood everywhere. I think the custom office tore him a new one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gore on a plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gore on a plane   Gore on a plane Empty

Back to top Go down

Gore on a plane
Page 1 of 1