Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black

Go down 
+19
Rabid Badger
TheHermit
Lexin
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
Ceres
Cactus Wren
Lady Anne
Spotts1701
Bamshalam
rachel
quamp
Mafiosa
Wandering Critic
theweirdkind
Lysander
Saleha
unskilled78
Fitchsticks
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black Empty
PostSubject: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:27 am

Ha. Hahahaha.

Why the black man always tryin' to keep a white brutha down?

Discuss:
Hilarity of Glenn Beck and or Fox News.
Current Obama race row - South Carolina Republican Joe Wilson shouted 'You lie!' at Obama during a speech in the House of Representatives
The allegations that racially motivated political aggression is dogging Obama's presidency, as voiced by Jimmy Carter

Last edited by Fitchsticks on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:35 am

I fail to see how "You Lie" is a racist remark.

Furthermore, A NEW CHALLANGER COMES!
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:40 am

I think people are suggesting it was racially motivated rather than racist of itself, and mainly because Wilson is a Rebulican from the South/kind of a dick. In reality I think it was probably more symptomatic of Wilson being the latter rather than Obama being blatantly, and without apparent remorse, an African American.

Regardless, you're not allowed to call somebody a liar or suggest that they are lying in the House (or in the Houses of Parliament, hence the well known phrase 'creative with the truth). So he got told off.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:46 am

Fitchsticks wrote:
I think people are suggesting it was racially motivated rather than racist of itself, and mainly because Wilson is a Rebulican from the South/kind of a dick. In reality I think it was probably more symptomatic of Wilson being the latter rather than Obama being blatantly, and without apparent remorse, an African American.

Jimmy Carter wrote:
I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American. I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that shares the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African-Americans.

While I agree it is rather silly to call Obama a racist.

Also, why does it need to be partisan politics? Are only democrats allowed to protest the policies of a Democrat president?
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:09 am

This is news? He's been spouting stuff like that for a while now. Also, even most conservatives I know agree that the man is totally off his meds and it would be best for everyone if he got back on them, stat.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:23 am

Fitchsticks wrote:

There is the possibility that he thinks Obama was lying because of racism. Like, maybe he thinks that Obama's a minority, and the illegal aliens are minorities, and therefore they're all in it together to steal from hard-working white people via taxes and some overwrought health care scam. It seems far-fetched, but I don't know what other motive he could imagine Obama having.

Either that, or he's rock-stupid, and somehow imagines that this new system won't at least ask for someone's SSN at some point before handing out money.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 am

This news is a bit old. Glenn Beck has lost a lot of sponsors for his program since he called our President a racist.
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:34 am

I apologise. I only just found out about it (the BBC played it as part of the new story on the Wilson thing). Its really the wider issue of race surrounding Obama's presidency that I was intending should be discussed. I shall ammend first post as such.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:02 am

Lysander wrote:

There is the possibility that he thinks Obama was lying because of racism. Like, maybe he thinks that Obama's a minority, and the illegal aliens are minorities, and therefore they're all in it together to steal from hard-working white people via taxes and some overwrought health care scam. It seems far-fetched, but I don't know what other motive he could imagine Obama having.
Or, the sort of racism towards whites that is taught by Jeremy Wright, a former pastor & possible mentor of the president, or Vann Jones...

Lysander wrote:

Either that, or he's rock-stupid, and somehow imagines that this new system won't at least ask for someone's SSN at some point before handing out money.

According to the Congressional Research Service (This is where the congress members turn to, instead of reading the bill), in HR3200, there is no specific method for determining if an individual is eligible. They say that illegals cannot use the services, but have put forth no way to confirm that an applicant is legal. It does say "it is the responsibility of the Health Choices Commissioner (Commissioner) to administer individual affordability credits under subtitle C of title II, including determination of eligibility for such credits.” You'd think, given the strong statement that illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered, that it would be specific. Instead it all comes down to what one appointed commissioner says. Given the overall quality of the czars, I'd be worried.

The report also says "Under H.R. 3200, a 'Health Insurance Exchange' would begin operation in 2013 and would offer private plans alongside a public option…H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens—whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently—participating in the Exchange."
Back to top Go down
Wandering Critic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Other memorable politicians from South Carolina, USA:

Representative Preston Brooks, who beat a Senator unconscious with his cane, which he needed in the first place because he was shot in a duel with a future Senator.

Governor Mark Sanford, who sneaked off to Argentina to bop his mistress, lied about where he was, and won't resign even though his own party is demanding it.

Maybe it's something in the water?
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingcritic.wordpress.com/
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:22 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
Lysander wrote:

Or, the sort of racism towards whites that is taught by Jeremy Wright, a former pastor & possible mentor of the president, or Vann Jones...

Lysander wrote:

According to the Congressional Research Service (This is where the congress members turn to, instead of reading the bill), in HR3200, there is no specific method for determining if an individual is eligible. They say that illegals cannot use the services, but have put forth no way to confirm that an applicant is legal. It does say "it is the responsibility of the Health Choices Commissioner (Commissioner) to administer individual affordability credits under subtitle C of title II, including determination of eligibility for such credits.” You'd think, given the strong statement that illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered, that it would be specific. Instead it all comes down to what one appointed commissioner says. Given the overall quality of the czars, I'd be worried.

The report also says "Under H.R. 3200, a 'Health Insurance Exchange' would begin operation in 2013 and would offer private plans alongside a public option…H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens—whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently—participating in the Exchange."

Quote :
To be eligible for the credits under §242 of H.R. 3200, individuals must be lawfully present in a state in the United States, but generally not in the United States temporarily
Quote :
Furthermore, §246 would bar unauthorized aliens from receiving any premium or cost-sharing credit

You idiot. The Health Choices Commissioner only steps in in the case of a mixed-status families. Can't you read? Jesus. Way to fuck up this paragraph:

Quote :
There could be instances where some family members would meet the
definition of an eligible individual for purposes of the credit, while other family members would
not. For example, in a family consisting of a U.S. citizen married to an unauthorized alien and a
U.S. citizen child, the U.S. citizen spouse and child could meet the criteria for being a credit eligible
individual, while the unauthorized alien spouse would not meet the criteria. H.R. 3200
does not expressly address how such a situation would be treated. Therefore, it appears that the
Health Choices Commissioner would be responsible for determining how the credits would be
administered in the case of mixed-status families.

Yes, AT THIS POINT IN TIME there's no specific way to check for citizenship detailed in the bill but they DID give the choice to someone in charge, but do you really think the HCC is just going to say "fuck it don't check shit just give it to everyone"? Do you think before you type?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Angry
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Unskilled has selective hearing and typing.

*waits for Spotts to come and put his input on this*
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:03 pm

By mixed status could they possibly mean "anchor children?"
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:13 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
Or, the sort of racism towards whites that is taught by Jeremy Wright, a former pastor & possible mentor of the president

First of all, that's not any sort of answer to what I wrote.

Secondly, that would be Jeremiah Wright (is that normally shortened to "Jeremy" or something?), but even assuming that you're right about what he said, you still just proved that there's a tremendously unfair double standard on this shit, because it's totally okay for a white Republican's preacher to be a prejudiced asshole. See: Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:19 pm

unskilled78 wrote:

No, the mixed status refers to the family, not the individual. God damn.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Lysander wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:
Or, the sort of racism towards whites that is taught by Jeremy Wright, a former pastor & possible mentor of the president

First of all, that's not any sort of answer to what I wrote.

Secondly, that would be Jeremiah Wright (is that normally shortened to "Jeremy" or something?), but even assuming that you're right about what he said, you still just proved that there's a tremendously unfair double standard on this shit, because it's totally okay for a white Republican's preacher to be a prejudiced asshole. See: Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

1. You wondered what he meant, I provided a possible explanation.
2. I apologize for shortening his name. I was thinking in shorthand.
3. I was giving an example of the paticular "flavor" of racism that I assume Mr. Beck meant.
3-B. It looks like they got called out on that pretty well.

Mafiosa wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:

No, the mixed status refers to the family, not the individual. God damn.

Exactly. They cross the border and have a child here, it's a US citizen. This makes the status of the family not entirely of US citizenship, but not entirely of not US citizenship. Some would say "mixed."
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:02 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
3. I was giving an example of the paticular "flavor" of racism that I assume Mr. Beck meant.
3-B. It looks like they got called out on that pretty well.
Glenn Beck was referring to what President Obama said about Prof. Gates' arrest back in July. The President replied that he thought the officer acted "stupidly". That's what Glenn Beck meant by racist, you fear-mongering idiot.
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:15 pm

unskilled78 wrote:

Oh, well, any disrespect by the white man is racist in the minds of blacks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What I think is scary is that within 24 hours there was a ton of merchandise regarding this available online.

As for the video, this is just Fox News showing off how lilly white it is again. I have to wonder how much contact these people have with blacks. However, it's just a symptom of a bigger problem: everyone expected Obama to react immediately, and he wanted to get the information. However, they pressed him for a decision immediately. Patience doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:32 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
Hey Dillweed! Here's another word for "anchor children": citizens. So what if the bill does refer to them? They're citizens and they have the same rights that any other citizen does.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:36 pm

quamp wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:

Oh, well, any disrespect by the white man is racist in the minds of blacks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Please tell me you're joking, or I will gleefully lay the smackdown.

rachel wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:
By mixed status could they
possibly mean "anchor children?"
Hey Dillweed! Here's another
word for "anchor children": citizens. So what if the bill does refer to
them? They're citizens and they have the same rights that any other
citizen does.
BUT BUT BUT THEY'RE MEXICANT'S
WE CAN'T HAVE THEM TAINTING OUR PURE ~*AMERICAN CULTURE*~ WITH THEIR BURRITOS AND THEIR CRAZY FOREIGN LANGUAGES
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:05 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Unskilled has selective hearing and typing.

*waits for Spotts to come and put his input on this*

Somebody mention my name?

I am not of the belief that Representative Wilson's remark has a racial undercurrent. I believe that if Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden or John Edwards had made the same statement President Obama made, Wilson's remark would have been the same. To quote Freud "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

As to the general undercurrent, there is definitely one present - when you have images like this, this and especially this how can you say there isn't? President Obama gets 30 death threats every day, more than 4 times the number President Bush received. And since the vast majority of Republicans (especially the ones who are on TV) are not getting out there and telling people to knock it off, then they own it.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
It looks like they got called out on that pretty well.

Well, Obama resigned from Wright's church, disowned the man, and talked him into retiring. Obama still gets shit about a sermon that he wasn't even present for and has very openly disagreed with.

Robertson and Falwell each went on to have huge media empires, yachts, diamond minds, racehorses, presidential campaigns, and regular invitations to the White House. They've had the ear of every Republican president since at least the '70s, and Robertson still plays a part in shaping public policy via his own heavily politicized cable TV network.

Yeah, that's totally equivalent.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Lysander wrote:
Robertson and Falwell each went on to have huge media empires, yachts, diamond minds, racehorses, presidential campaigns, and regular invitations to the White House. They've had the ear of every Republican president since at least the '70s, and Robertson still plays a part in shaping public policy via his own heavily politicized cable TV network.
Heads full of sparkly rocks!

Actually, that would explain a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
And since the vast majority of Republicans (especially the ones who are on TV) are not getting out there and telling people to knock it off, then they own it.

You fail free will forever.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:15 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
And since the vast majority of Republicans (especially the ones who are on TV) are not getting out there and telling people to knock it off, then they own it.

You fail free will forever.

I'm not talking about free will. I'm talking about party identity.

Right now people like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are defining what the Republican Party is about and what it stands for. No actual elected Republican leader is publicly disagreeing with them (in fact, may have had to apologize to Rush after saying something negative about him). And none of them are even laying out their case for what the Republican Party stands for.

So in the absence of either of those things, they are essentially ceding the party identity to the lunatic fringe.

That's what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black   Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking News; US President Exposed as Black
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next