Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets

Go down 
+14
Reidmar
4shadowedice4
Owlish
Mr.Doobie
zeke
Penguin
bleachedblackcat
Sakurelf
rachel
Reepicheep-chan
Lapin
Lady Anne
The Unoriginal
Rabid Badger
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 am

Owlish wrote:
Ok, I don't see where zeke is writing off genocide as "an accident" or "a mistake," in this thread or in any other.

Well, in another thread:

zeke wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Millions were murdered or starved under Mao's regime.

Well, no, actually they weren't. There was repression that was misdirected at times, and at times serious food production errors

And in this one:

zeke wrote:
Although Stalin did launch repression that was mis-directed and killed innocent people.

The obvious implication is that Communist dictators only commit genocide by accident, or, since a repression can be "misdirected," some genocide is okay and the only regrettable part is that they killed the wrong people. It's either trying to put a positive spin on genocide, or that it's only bad when it happens to loyal Communists.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Penguin, I think there may be some confusion (maybe it's only on my part) here due to terminology. What is your definition of the term genocide?

My definition is that it is an organized program to exterminate a race of people.

So I don't think it would ever be an accident or mistake, and always a crime.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Just for record, I don't think misdirected repression or other bad things are ok either.

Just trying to clarify things, as some parts of this thread are getting confusing, to me anyway.
Back to top Go down
4shadowedice4
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
4shadowedice4

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:45 pm

zeke wrote:
Penguin, I think there may be some confusion (maybe it's only on my part) here due to terminology. What is your definition of the term genocide?

My definition is that it is an organized program to exterminate a race of people.

Gen-o-cide; Noun; the deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

zeke wrote:
By the way, did you know after the war ended we killed 500,000 to a million Germans? We purged about 10million of them whose ancestors had settled in other parts of Europe back to Germany and in the process many died.

Nope, no genocide here Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 pm

zeke wrote:

geno·cide
noun \ˈje-nə-ˌsīd\
Definition of GENOCIDE
: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

Quote :

Again: Fucking repression, how does it work?

Quote :
Where political repression is sanctioned and organised by the state, it may constitute state terrorism, genocide, politicide or crimes against humanity. Systemic and violent political repression is a typical feature of dictatorships, totalitarian states and similar regimes. In such regimes, acts of political repression may be carried out by secret police forces, army, paramilitary groups or death squads. Relevant activities have also been found within democratic contexts as well.

So, again, a "misdirected repression that kills innocent people" is "OOPS WE GENOCIDED THE WRONG FOLKS." You fucktard.

zeke wrote:
Just for record, I don't think misdirected repression or other bad things are ok either.

So you're okay with repression.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Penguin wrote:
zeke wrote:

geno·cide
noun \ˈje-nə-ˌsīd\
Definition of GENOCIDE
: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

Quote :

Quote :
Where political repression is sanctioned and organised by the state, it may constitute state terrorism, genocide, politicide or crimes against humanity. Systemic and violent political repression is a typical feature of dictatorships, totalitarian states and similar regimes. In such regimes, acts of political repression may be carried out by secret police forces, army, paramilitary groups or death squads. Relevant activities have also been found within democratic contexts as well.

So, again, a "misdirected repression that kills innocent people" is "OOPS WE GENOCIDED THE WRONG FOLKS." You fucktard.

Read the definitions above more carefully. And you will see that a "misdirected repression that kills innocent people" is "Oops we KILLED the wrong folks." Which is also a really bad thing, you tardfuck.

Last edited by zeke on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
4shadowedice4
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
4shadowedice4

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:41 pm

zeke wrote:
Read the definitions above more carefully. And you will see that a "misdirected repression that kills innocent people" is "Oops we KILLED the wrong folks." Which is also a really bad thing, you tardfuck.

... Weren't you saying there was nothing wrong with what Stalin did, which you also called 'misdirected repression'? If it's so bad then why are you still praising Stalin?
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:07 pm

4shadowedice4 wrote:
zeke wrote:

... Weren't you saying there was nothing wrong with what Stalin did, which you also called 'misdirected repression'? If it's so bad then why are you still praising Stalin?
no, i wasn't saying there was nothing wrong with misdirected repression. that was a bad thing, and killed a lot of people (but not 20 million, that's absurd). Stalin also accomplished some great and significant things (which could have been accomplished without killing a lot of the people he did).
Back to top Go down
Anon
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Anon

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:54 pm

zeke wrote:
that was a bad thing, and killed a lot of people (but not 20 million, that's absurd).
I should point out that this line of reasoning is a favourite of Holocaust deniers. They like to claim there is absolutely no way somebody could kill that many people so quickly. Guess what. They're wrong too.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 am

Owlish wrote:

It doesn't matter who killed more people, or who committed more genocide, or whatever. What matters is that both were brutal, repressive regimes; both Hitler and Stalin were miserable fucking cumstains on the dirty drawers of humanity, and they both wiped their asses with philosophical manifestos. This fucking pissing contest over who's the bigger cumstain is simply that--a fucking pissing contest with no real purpose or value. Other than, you know, waving your pedant flags and "mah research! let me show you itz!"

If you know... if you had read what I typed, instead of jumping to conclusions like an idiot would, you noticed I never said one was 'better' than the other, or anything about BODYCOUNTS for that matter. I simply said that both of them had committed atrocities/killed people. Thus both regimes WERE bad. Colbert Or you could completely assume I was saying that... y'know, Stalin was worse than Hitler because he killed millions of his own people, and that I base this on absurd/non-existent facts that I received from an unnameable source that mysteriously I can't recall. Even though I never said that until just now. In this post. Right now.

So, in all honestly, I don't really understand why you're having a pissy attitude towards me when I'm essentially agreeing with you.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:54 am

zeke wrote:
Penguin wrote:
zeke wrote:

geno·cide
noun \ˈje-nə-ˌsīd\
Definition of GENOCIDE

Quote :

Quote :

Yes, that somehow makes them less dead. So, to reiterate:

1.) You condone genocide against certain people.
2.) You think the only bad thing about genocide is when it kills the wrong people, doing some true semantic gymnastics to declare the collateral damage not genocide as if that somehow makes it better.

Don't ever vote, kid.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:40 am

Question:

The millions of Indians that Winston Churchill killed during World War II: was that genocide?

Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:19 am

Now, which one of these equations is correct:

Stalin=Hitler
Churchill=Hitler
Hitler=Churchill=Stalin
Stalin=Churchill
none of the above
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:43 am

zeke wrote:

Stalin=Hitler
Churchill=Hitler
Hitler=Churchill=Stalin
Stalin=Churchill
none of the above

Uh, not sure what you're trying to get at, reiterate in a more LEGIBLE and understandable way.
Back to top Go down
4shadowedice4
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
4shadowedice4

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:32 pm

zeke wrote:

Stalin=Hitler
Churchill=Hitler
Hitler=Churchill=Stalin
Stalin=Churchill
none of the above

We're not saying that one leader is better than the other, we're merely pointing out that you have some incredibly biased double standards.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:18 pm

4shadowedice4 wrote:
zeke wrote:

Stalin=Hitler
Churchill=Hitler
Hitler=Churchill=Stalin
Stalin=Churchill
none of the above

We're not saying that one leader is better than the other, we're merely pointing out that you have some incredibly biased double standards.

So sounds like your answer is Hitler=Churchill=Stalin.

Penguin?

I don't mean these as trick questions, I just feel there is something wrong in some of the logic presented above, and in trying to put my finger on it and explain it, these are questions that came to me.

Last edited by zeke on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Howithurts
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Howithurts

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:24 pm

zeke wrote:
Question:

The millions of Indians that Winston Churchill killed during World War II: was that genocide?

Winston Churchill didn't kill any Indians. He was in Britain during WW2.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

yeah i heard his mom wouldn't let him out of the house.

It was in Bengal, 1943.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:42 pm

howithurts is the only one i can't get mad at, it's because of that dang picture!
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:36 am

zeke wrote:
Penguin?

What?
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:24 am

Psst hey did you know that Britain was on rations for it's own people until about the mid 50's?

Also, why are we arguing with a troll people?
Back to top Go down
Howithurts
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Howithurts

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:07 pm

zeke wrote:
howithurts is the only one i can't get mad at, it's because of that dang picture!

I'm adorable.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:26 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Psst hey did you know that Britain was on rations for it's own people until about the mid 50's?

Also, why are we arguing with a troll people?

I have no real idea, it's obviously a troll, so why bother speaking to it? Colbert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets   Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Virginia Republicans Thank Soviet Communists Instead of US Vets
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3