Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union

Go down 
+18
Miss Misery
Sheba
Penguin
Spotts1701
Sakurelf
Chris91
WD40
rachel
zootie
Lady Anne
Rabid Badger
Exodia's Right Leg
Pierre Gringoire
rae
Mr.Doobie
the asylum
Cyberwulf
Adagio
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union Empty
PostSubject: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the GOP's straw poll, Michele Bachmann!

Quote :
Of all the candidates vying for the GOP presidential nomination, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) perhaps has the most colorful record of flubbing historical facts. Just this week, she wished Elvis Presley a happy birthday…on the day he died.

Well, it's not that bad. I mean, sure, way to fact-check, but she's going to have to try harder to equal Sarah Palin's statement that America "stands by its North Korean allies"—

Quote :
But today, on the right-wing Christian attorney Jay Sekulow’s radio show, the congresswoman evinced a far more disturbing lack of basic knowledge about world history. Specifically, Bachmann said the American people are worried about “the rise of the Soviet Union.

... oh.

Well, maybe that's just a quote taken out of context!

Quote :
BACHMANN: What people recognize is that there’s a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward.

Michele Bachmann knows it's better dead than red, but apparently hasn't been informed that the Soviet Union has been dead for almost a quarter of a century. Oh man, I hope she wins the Republican nomination; watching her debate will be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:38 pm

I hope she doesn't, because it'll give all the Liberal Dudes an opportunity to indulge in the most disgusting misogyny imaginable and excuse it by saying "BUT IT'S MICHELE BACHMANN SHE'S A REPULSIVE BITCH"
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:57 pm

But she is a repulsive bitch
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
I hope she doesn't, because it'll give all the Liberal Dudes an opportunity to indulge in the most disgusting misogyny imaginable and excuse it by saying "BUT IT'S MICHELE BACHMANN SHE'S A REPULSIVE BITCH"

Thaaaat would be the downside, yes. Dry

I'd ask despairingly if we can't just have one sane, capable female candidate, but then I remembered that we did, and her name was Clinton. And we all saw how well that turned out.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The man must be some sort of short-term Nostradamus
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:53 pm

...OMG. Seriously? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am ever more convinced she is an IRL troll, trying to make the Republicans look insane.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 pm

rae wrote:
...OMG. Seriously? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am ever more convinced she is an IRL troll, trying to make the Republicans look insane.

They don't need her help.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Gringoire

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 pm

But can she see Russia from her house?
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:20 pm

I can barely parse what she's saying. Her phrase stops making sense halfway through.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 pm

When she was here stumping back in, May, I think it was, she managed to not only get John Wayne's town of birth wrong (she claimed he was born in Cedar Rapids, when in fact he was born in a small town called Winterset). She also claimed he'd at one point lived in Minnesota, when in fact, his parents moved from Winterset to California when he was 13.

The person who lived in Cedar Rapids was John Wayne Gacey, the serial killer. He also lived in Minnesota for several years. So it doesn't surprise me she got the date of Elvis' birth and death wrong. Apparently, this woman has no fact-checkers in her employ, and is incapable of using Wikipedia or Google. And for the most part, since she only appears on right-wing conservative shows, no one ever corrects her when she says something that makes her look stupid.
I have no idea how old she is, but my SONS remember when the Soviet Union fell, and they'll be 31 in October.

And Exodia, I have the same problem with her. She'll start out okay, and then it's like what she's saying gradually devolved into white noise that doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 pm

I remember when the Soviet Union fell. I had just turned 14 and was then of the opinion that nothing mattered much except hiking and other outdoor activities, and even I recognized it as a historical moment.

Bachmann is a moron. I wonder what she'll say next. Maybe she'll do some fearmongering about Osama bin Laden's next terrorist attack. Or maybe she'll go to Tampa and talk about how wonderful it is to be in the birthplace of Ronald Reagan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 pm

This is valuable information. Time travel DOES cause brain damage.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:08 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
So it doesn't surprise me she got the date of Elvis' birth and death wrong.
She got the fact that he had died wrong (unless wishing a deceased person "happy birthday" is just one of those quaint Minnesota customs you don't hear about.)
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:09 am

The woman is a nutjob soundbyte machine.

Just a note, one of my fave lines in there is where she thinks it's a coincidence that swine flu outbreaks occur according to whether America has a democratic president or not... Yea... Not exactly right - republican president Gerald Ford was in power during the preceding swine flu scare.

Missing from that video is this little gem. Bachmann has a few select things to say about teh gays:

Quote :
"We need to have profound compassion for the people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life, and sexual identity disorders. This is a very real issue. It's not funny, it's sad. Any of you who have members of your family that are in the lifestyle-we have a member of our family that is. This is not funny. It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay. It's anything but gay."

[...]

"It leads to the personal enslavement of individuals. Because if you're involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it's bondage. Personal bondage, personal despair, and personal enslavement. And that's why this is so dangerous."

See more here

She got called out on that line here. I love her response...

I love how she keeps repeating "I am running for the presidency of the United States". I swear, that's about all she understands... She's in this interview because she is running for the presidency.

The Hypocrisy at the end there, where she ignores what she stated earlier regarding gay marriage/adoption being a current, important issue, while in this interview hand waving it away stating: "these questions aren't what people are concerned about now", I think, is a real insight into her mindset. She's not concerned about those questions now because now it's her dealing with them, and she knows she agrees with herself. It's the other people who don't agree with her who need to answer these questions.

The hypocrisy doesn't end there, though. Cenk Uygur points out a few other things:

Speaking of TYT: Cenk, Brian Unger and Rj Eskow make a few insightful observations about the Soviet Union/Elvis/John Wayne slips here.

Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:37 am

^^^ as I said, an utterly repulsive bitch. I don't think anyone's going to get much resistance on that point.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:42 am

rachel wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
She got the fact that he had died wrong (unless wishing a deceased person "happy birthday" is just one of those quaint Minnesota customs you don't hear about.)
Uh, most radio DJs will make some kind of remark on famous muscians' birthdays, deceased or not, and on the anniversaries of their deaths.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:16 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
rachel wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Uh, most radio DJs will make some kind of remark on famous muscians' birthdays, deceased or not, and on the anniversaries of their deaths.

*nod*

Ever been in Stratford-on-Avon on Shakespere's birthday? The thing lasts for over a fortnight. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there's actually really quite an extravagant event surrounding The King's birthday.

But this really isn't a significant point. Anyone can make slips like that. The point is, as shown in the videos above, that Bachmann continuously makes them. A conspiratorial part of me honestly thinks that her research/pr team deliberately has her making these cock-ups, so that when she blatantly lies it can be chalked up to her just having a little slip of the tongue.

It doesn't matter then if others correct her afterwards, because she's gotten the lie out there to a fan base that wants to hear them.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 am

Pierre Gringoire wrote:
But can she see Russia from her house?

She probably can't even see Minneapolis from her house. Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union 961878
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:39 am

Quote :
It leads to the personal enslavement of individuals. Because if you're involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it's bondage.

Well, only if you're into that kind of thing. And you can keep it all in a locked trunk under the bed! The kids never have to know!
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:42 pm

She won't win the nomination. The GOP loves her because she throws red meat to the base and keeps them energized and angry. But she's a turn-off to "crossover" Conservative Democratic and independent voters because she's so good at whipping up that crowd.

Sharron Angle and Sarah Palin are the same way - beloved by the hard-core, Tea Party, Moral Majority Republicans, but despised by everyone else.

The hard-core Republicans will vote for anyone with an (R) after the name. But the RNC knows they need crossovers and independents to actually win the election. So we'll end up with Rick Perry (another "compassionate Conservative" Texan) or Mitt Romney as the nominee.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Rick Perry (another "compassionate Conservative" Texan)

Why, Spotts, why do you deem it necessary to put "Compassionate Conservative" in inverted commas? I mean, it's not as though he might have executed an innocent man, or in fact it's not as though the only execution he's ever given clemency for was a guy who was about to be killed for being a getaway driver, Why kill the perpetrator of the crime, when you can murder his accomplice, right?

[/blatantsarcasm]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:39 pm

The more I hear about all these batshit insane Republicans who want to be president, the more I hope Mitt Romney gets the nomination. He has his problems, but he seems to be a hell of a lot saner than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
The more I hear about all these batshit insane Republicans who want to be president, the more I hope Mitt Romney gets the nomination. He has his problems, but he seems to be a hell of a lot saner than anyone else.

Mitt Romney's has one principle: What's good for Mitt is good for America. He's a total weasel. Jon Huntsman is the only one of the whole crew with common sense and who's willing to tell his party truths they don't want to hear, which is why he will never be the Republican nominee. (Well, that and the Fundicons don't like Mormons.)
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

It's like you're starting to realize how politics works. Except, you know, it applies to everyone dumb enough to throw their hat in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union   Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union Empty

Back to top Go down

Michele Bachmann warns U.S. to beware of the Soviet Union
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next