Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amy Winehouse dies

Go down 
+24
Dixie
zootie
Nihilist
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Owlish
karmyn31
Barton
Miss Misery
Malganis
Rabid Badger
Mikey Go WOOGA
Knorg
Lapin
Jay/Cris
The Unoriginal
EileenK98
the asylum
Penguin
grmblfjx
Lady Anne
T.S.Orr
TheHedonist
littledorrit
Kirby
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirby
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kirby

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:59 am

Please, let me be the first one to post this...if I'm not, you can merge it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
British singer Amy Winehouse was reportedly found dead in her home in north London, Sky News reported. She was 27.

In June, the Grammy Award winner had checked out of a treatment program in London. Her spokesman Chris Goodman had said the entertainer had been looking forward to touring Europe this summer.

Winehouse's breakthrough disc, 2006's "Back to Black," won her five Grammy Awards and helped her achieve worldwide stardom, but her music had been overshadowed by drug use and run-ins with the law.

That's all they have so far. My mom liked her music. But TBH, I was always a bit grossed-out by her (Amy, not my mom).
Back to top Go down
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
littledorrit

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:08 am

Wow, it's 1:00 p.m. (where I am) and the news is already full of DEATH. 90+ dead in Norwegian terrorist attack! 11 dead in Chinese train crash! Somalia swept by famine! Former DNC chair Charles Manatt dead! Former South Vietnam general Nguyen Cao dead! Amy Winehouse dead! Iranian nuclear scientist shot! Also the heat wave is killing people!

HOW MANY MORE LIVES WILL JULY 22-24 TAKE? Upset

Last edited by littledorrit on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:09 am

I think she, as a person, may have been a little gross-looking, but honestly, let's see YOU (or anyone here, really) do as many drugs/come under as much tabloid scrutiny as she did and come out looking pretty.

Honestly, though, this is a huge shame. She had so much talent, it's a shame to see it go to waste :/
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:11 am

I must say that when my sister told me I was like "I expected it to happen sooner or later". It's still a shame though, I really did enjoy her music.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:12 am

Does anyone know what she died of?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:19 am

littledorrit wrote:
Wow, it's 1:00 p.m. (where I am) and the news is already full of DEATH. 90+ dead in Norwegian terrorist attack! 11 dead in Chinese train crash! Somalia swept by famine! Former DNC chair Charles Manatt dead! Former South Vietnam general Nguyen Cao dead! Amy Winehouse dead! Iranian nuclear scientist shot! Also the heat wave is killing people!

Oh, I also read something about 41 people burning in a Chinese overnight bus.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:19 am

Lady Anne wrote:

Bad decisions.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kirby

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 am

littledorrit wrote:

HOW MANY MORE LIVES WILL JULY 22-24 TAKE? Upset

I guess the Bad News Gods decided to take a break from the rape news. Though if they're going to kill off this many people, I think they should go back to the rape.

Quote :
I think she, as a person, may have been a little gross-looking, but honestly, let's see YOU (or anyone here, really) do as many drugs/come under as much tabloid scrutiny as she did and come out looking pretty.

I admit that I always have been slightly too judgmental for my own good.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Aw, you beat me to it! I just saw this. Not entirely unexpected, but still very sad.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:46 pm

I experienced a bit of prescience with this one. I was driving and listening to the news, and as soon as "27-year-old singer Amy Winehouse..." came up, I knew it was not because of a cancelled tour.
In the last thread about her here on WGW, she looked worse than the addicts in the park below my house, and they've been swimming channels for longer than she's been alive...

...on second thought, cancel that, she looked worse than most people on Faces of Meth.

Last edited by The Unoriginal on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Kirby wrote:
I guess the Bad News Gods decided to take a break from the rape news. Though if they're going to kill off this many people, I think they should go back to the rape.

Wow. Congratulations. I'm pretty jaded, but even I find this comment to be in bad taste.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Kirby
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kirby

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Kirby wrote:

Wow. Congratulations. I'm pretty jaded, but even I find this comment to be in bad taste.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend. I guess this is why I don't post much...I have a Harley-like tendency to not be able to see where the barriers are. So...talking about the best dead baby recipes is okay...but this isn't. I'm so confused! And I mean that completely seriously.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Penguin wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

Bad decisions.

Pretty much that. Seriously, the drugs that woman did, her insides are probably in pretty bad shape. If I had to hazard a guess, I could go with the "She was clean" outlook, and say maybe heart failure (Drugs fuck that up like whoah), or maybe a seizure (Also, your brain on drugs is not pretty). If we're going with the "Clean, right" outlook, I'll lean more in the OD department, possibly going like Hendrix and choking on her own vomit after a binge. We don't really know anything though, so it could have been an intentional suicide or a murder.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly happy to see her dead. I honestly never thought about her. But she was a career drug addict and an alcoholic, and she was not in the functioning category. This news isn't really unexpected. Her relapses and the fact she was using the hard stuff pretty much doomed her to an early death, unless she did a complete turn around. Relapses alone are really bad for you. There's only so much the human body can withstand.

Hey, speaking of Hendrix, think this makes her a member of The 27 Club now?
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:45 pm

...whoa

I don't know much about her, but I bought her album Frank way back when and enjoyed it.

I'd agree with Penguin... lotta bad decisions.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Knorg wrote:
...whoa

Wow, that was fast.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Lapin wrote:
Knorg wrote:
...whoa

Wow, that was fast.

Holy shit, don't include this annoying sack of musical abortion with the likes of Hendrix and...

Okay, "annoying musical abortion" kind of fits Kobain and Joplin as well.

But no, seriously, she had what, one popular song? And it wasn't even any good. If she said "YES, dear God the drugs in my system right now could kill Keith Richards," she'd probably be alive. I don't have any more sympathy for her than I do every other irrelevant retard who kills themselves through SO MANY DRUGS.

What happened to British music anyway? Nothing good has come from there since Iron Maiden and such.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
What happened to British music anyway? Nothing good has come from there since Iron Maiden and such.

Because now it's all ABOUT THE PRIIIIIIIICE TAAAAAAAAAAAAAG LIKE A DOOOD
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Holy shit, don't include this annoying sack of musical abortion with the likes of Hendrix and...
Because the likes of Hendrix and... , in their day, never walked on stage too drunk/stoned to play, wrecked an hotel room because they were chasing pink cockaroaches on the wallpaper, made an ass of themselves at a party or recorded some vile stuff because the company wanted the new record in time for the summer and they were too busy fucking groupies to pick up a guitar?

I am not defending Amy Winehouse, I never heard a song of hers, just know her because I have to wade across Yahoo!News when I log in to my mail account. On another, unrelated (airplane modelling) forum, people are blaming the agent and friends. What with the people at the recording companies having gone from talent scouts to accountants, one wonders whether the descending arc of Amy Winehouse's parable wasn't "enabled", in order to exploit an artist who would not lay any more golden eggs and was doing all in her power to destroy her image (and sales). Parce sepulto, and all that. It's done wonders for Wacko Jacko, hasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Tried to make me go to rehab
I said no, no, no....

Too soon?
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:13 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
On another, unrelated (airplane modelling) forum, people are blaming the agent and friends. What with the people at the recording companies having gone from talent scouts to accountants, one wonders whether the descending arc of Amy Winehouse's parable wasn't "enabled", in order to exploit an artist who would not lay any more golden eggs and was doing all in her power to destroy her image (and sales). Parce sepulto, and all that. It's done wonders for Wacko Jacko, hasn't it?

I like your angle about her agents, but I'm not sure if you're saying she 'wouldn't lay any more golden eggs' or that that was their conclusion. Because, uh, I feel the need to say that she released two pretty awesome records before she reached the 'too stoned to perform or write' level of her career, and if she hadn't reached it she probably would have released another few.

Oh, and Mikey, England's put out a lot of really great musical acts, besides the one that is the subject of this thread. The Noisettes, Noah and the Whale, Kate Nash...just because their style isn't to your liking doesn't mean they're not talented or worth listening to.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:17 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Because the likes of Hendrix and... , in their day, never walked on stage too drunk/stoned to play, wrecked an hotel room because they were chasing pink cockaroaches on the wallpaper, made an ass of themselves at a party or recorded some vile stuff because the company wanted the new record in time for the summer and they were too busy fucking groupies to pick up a guitar?

Didn't someone here have a story about seeing a performance where Eric Clapton was too drunk to do anything but sit off to one side of the stage and puke?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Penguin wrote:
The Unoriginal wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Didn't someone here have a story about seeing a performance where Eric Clapton was too drunk to do anything but sit off to one side of the stage and puke?
I read somewhere that Fergie of the Black-eyed Peas once had too much to drink before going onstage and peed in her pants in front of everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Okay, "annoying musical abortion" kind of fits Kobain and Joplin as well.

Stop typing. Just, stop.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Penguin wrote:
The Unoriginal wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

I read somewhere that Fergie of the Black-eyed Peas once had too much to drink before going onstage and peed in her pants in front of everyone.

That one's easy enough to find on a GIS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amy Winehouse dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dies   Amy Winehouse dies Empty

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse dies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next