Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh

Go down 
+30
Sutremaine
Verandering
rae
XLT-100852.0
Freezer
Jesus.
Aggie
The Unoriginal
Saleha
CaptainMcNeil
TheHedonist
fapfapfap
Cyberwulf
Lapin
Mikey Go WOOGA
TheHermit
Penguin
Jay/Cris
EileenK98
grmblfjx
4shadowedice4
Reepicheep-chan
Rabid Badger
Sakurelf
the asylum
Owlish
Lady Anne
bleachedblackcat
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Malganis
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:47 pm

(Lapin should stop skimming articles while watching TV)
(Clicking through the pictures in absolute fascination)
Look at their skin! My god, the cells must be completely...ooh, I would love to get to be there for one of the dissections. The nervous system and the brain are obviously heavily effected, but getting to actually see the damage up close, especially to the skin, would just be so interesting. We had a meth addict in class once, and inside his mouth, you could see so much damage just to the naked eye. Half of his gums were complete rot, and I wonder if this has similar effects, or if the effects or more similar to the skin...but no, inner tissue would probably rot the same way, along with the tongue, that could explain some speech impediment, not to mention the obvious loss of jaw control to muscle and bone degradation. The organs in those pictures are an absolute mess, but I'd really like to see the injection sites, the muscle and nerve degradation.

It's just...wow, I have never gotten to see anything like this. This is crazy.

Somebody has to have posted full autopsy photos.

(It's professional interest, not jaded)
(You try dissecting human bodies and not getting interested in the subject)
(Donate your bodies to science kids!)

Found a site with all sorts of chemistry talk on the subject.
It's a site for drug addicts leaning towards homemade. Huh. Not sure I should be on their site.

Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Lapin wrote:
It's just...wow, I have never gotten to see anything like this. This is crazy.

Try the people who are stupid or desperate enough to inject antidepressants, i.e. tianeptine. They literally crush up the pills and inject them, leading to this.

I think the one that got me was this one.
Disclaimer: I think by now it should be clear that anyone clicking on these links can't come and complain to me afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Oh holy fuck, that is amazing. The entire muscle will eventually degrade at that point, only answer is amputation before it spreads. The bones are exposed! And look at the necrosis! The damage to the groin is just awful, they could end up losing both legs if it spreads, which it probably will.

The bones are exposed! The hand must be completely useless at that point, most of the nerves and muscles are gone. You know, with that much loss of connection, the hand must be starting to rot too.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:00 pm

So, if a muscle starts rotting somewhere, the whole thing will disintegrate? Like a rotting apple? I guess I thought of it more like, well, I have dermatitis, and that just randomly ends somewhere. Say for example, half my face was falling off at one point, but it never spread across my nose, or to my ears. So I guess I was thinking how far necrosis spreads was sorta arbitrary. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:33 pm

It's really not my area, but from what I understood, since necrosis is a non-reversible thing, they amputate it. The flesh is completely and totally dead. Like, with the crocodile drug, that's gangrene, that's necrosis on a large scale. Most of the time that's amputated, as far as I know. I assumed it was to stop the spread of it, but it could just be to stop infection from setting in, because the dead flesh will simply rot away and lead to awful infections.

Hold on, let me check.

The Mayo Clinic says that treatment involves antibiotics (infection), oxygen therapy (for the veins, I think, since necrosis is caused by lack of blood flow), surgery (removal of infected areas), and amputation (If the infected area is huge).

So, if the spread is very bad, like that leg, then yes, I think amputation is in their future. The arm too. Exposed bone cannot be okay with the body. And since the hand has lost a lot of connections, it's probably undergoing a lot of trauma.

Ah, and you can also get osteonecrosis, which is necrosis in the bones, where it destroys faster than the bone can rebuild, and they have to do bone grafts and arthroplasty. I wonder if these people get that?

Ah, found something. Here's a case study that shows spread, so it looks like some kind of necrosis can in fact spread. Hm, what probably happens is that the collapsing veins cause blood clots further up and more areas are deprived of blood flow. (Lapin is speculating) They did skin and muscle grafts in that case, and you can see the knee is recovering, so maybe they can do the same for some of these people.

There's a very important artery right by the groin, and if that collapses, that person is screwed, as far as I know.

Necrosis does spread in plants, I know that. You have to remove the entire effected area so that it can't get any further, and once it hits the central system, the plant is often a lost cause.
Back to top Go down
fapfapfap
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fapfapfap

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:36 pm

must not look at pictures

Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:39 pm

fapfapfap wrote:

Trust me, you don't want to. That is some Frankenstein shit.

I'm very amused by the text in the blog link that grmbs provided though. Apparently Russian bloggers are just as pretentious as the ones in the english-speaking world Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Sounds like a self-correcting problem.

Thank god I wasn't being delusional! I read it right! Normal Social Skills, here I come!

Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 203843 Hm, never mind...

grmblfjx wrote:
So, if a muscle starts rotting somewhere, the whole thing will disintegrate? Like a rotting apple? I guess I thought of it more like, well, I have dermatitis, and that just randomly ends somewhere. Say for example, half my face was falling off at one point, but it never spread across my nose, or to my ears. So I guess I was thinking how far necrosis spreads was sorta arbitrary. scratch

It is arbitrary, to some extent. It depends on the degree of rotting/infection/whatever. Lapin posted a pretty good summary. Dermatitis is a mild skin irritation, so with treatment and/or your body's natural defenses it can be counteracted, or healed completely. Necrosis is death of the tissue, death as in there's nothing your body or any medical treatment can do to fix it, other than cut out the dead tissue. It has to do with the circulatory system--literally every part of your body is connected. That's why cancer in your lungs, say, can metastasize to your brain, or a blood clot in your leg can cause a heart attack. If enough dead tissue in your leg is blocking blood flow to your foot, eventually your foot is going to die from lack of blood as well, to say nothing of possible infection in necrotic tissue which could theoretically spread anywhere. So necrosis can "spread" unless you get rid of the dead tissue and your body find a way to resume blood flow.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Yay, I didn't fuck up! (Humans are really not my specialty for the most part)

Back to top Go down
CaptainMcNeil
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
CaptainMcNeil

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Oh, my motherland, what has become of you.

Just let them have the herion for Crissakes. Maybe then people won't have their flesh eaten away.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Now children, can anyone tell me what we might do to stop people from feeling so bored and useless and depressed that they start cooking up shit that will rot their jaws off for the sake of escaping their horrible lives for ninety minutes?

It being Russia, I suggest hockey based rehab centers.

Mally wrote:
Mally's whining

Okay, who called the Waaaaaahmbulance this time?
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 pm

fapfapfap wrote:

I have always been a "can't help but click" person and I am NOT FUCKING LOOKING.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:20 am

grmblfjx wrote:
I think the one that got me was this one.
Oddly, I crave fried chicken after seeing this. Or maybe not chicken specifically, just something I can eat right off the bone.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:52 am

Malganis wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Sounds like a self-correcting problem.

I have to ask, are you just trolling us and trying to be "IMMA HARDCORE!11!!!" on here, or are you a myopic, uncaring asshole IRL too? Because frankly, you've been acting more and more like a total prick, I've been wanting to call you out for a long time on this, and now seems to be as good a time as any.

Except maybe not, because this reads more like a joke than anything else, yeah? Of course this krokodil-thing is godawful, and of course we should care about this, but considering that everybody chimin' in on how friggin' awful it is on a minor message board on the internet is really doing nothing for these people dying of self-inflicted gangrene, I'd rather read a snarky little joke than another +1 comment that reads "OH NO this is bad so bad, don't they know the colours for the fall are pastel and not rotting, green flesh? Why god why! etc."

But, y'know. Don't let my sense of humour get in the way of your self-righteous anger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:35 am

I laughed (Shrugs)

I mean, Grumbles and me are talking about it pretty openly, and I'm excited about getting to be at an autopsy for one of the addicts. Not that I will, the drug appears to be a local thing, or as "local" as somewhere as fucking huge as Russia can be, and I am located on the east coast of the United States.

But no one said anything to either us.

BTW, do not click on those pictures if you're easily squicked. Human flesh is rotting off the bone in those pictures. (Actually, I'm not sure if that's an "easily" squicked kind of thing)
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:06 am

Wait, we're not snarking in News anymore?
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:30 pm

*looks at pict-*

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Thank god I've already had dinner because I can hardly believe that is real and sure as hell I don't want to eat.

That puts me off drugs even more than I was put off smoking and drinking by those pictures of smokers' livers vs non-smokers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
fapfapfap
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fapfapfap

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Lapin wrote:
BTW, do not click on those pictures if you're easily squicked. Human flesh is rotting off the bone in those pictures. (Actually, I'm not sure if that's an "easily" squicked kind of thing)

Ugh I'm the kind of person that can lovingly gaze at photos of horribly mutilated corpses all day long, but the fact that these people are still alive and thus not objects that I don't have to sympathize with is probably what would make me hrk-.

I googled "maggots" once as art reference. I saw a picture of a guy who'd been living with some kind of necrosis eating away at his skull for a few years, and there were maggots crawling all over his exposed brain and head goop. Something inside of me died that day.

But fuuuuck... exposed bone? Ugh this is as mean as taunting a dog with bacon. Except the bacon's poisoned.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
That puts me off drugs even more than I was put off smoking and drinking by those pictures of smokers' livers vs non-smokers.

LOLOLOL Smokers' livers. Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 961878
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm

On the plus side, there's another thing added to my list of things I've seen that no longer squick me.

*shudders*
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm

fapfapfap wrote:
Something inside of me died that day.

So you're good to go, then.

Saleha wrote:
LOLOLOL Smokers' livers.

Ha, I missed that.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:32 pm

fapfapfap wrote:
maggots

I find the theory of medical maggots kinda cool. Actual thing is still gross, though.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Hee, it's actually pretty damn cool. Little buggers eat all the dead and clean the wound better than we ever could. Great for burn victims. Nasty to look at though, and gross to watch in that "oh wow, this is so cool, but oh god, my lunch, hello, nice to see you again" way.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:04 pm

KROKODIL!!
The drug for the connoisseur in a hurry to get where he was already going*

Sincerely, I'd rather spare my supply of sympathy for those who come in contact with chemical shit while trying to scrape a living. Like, you know, radium painters compared to Eben Byers. We've made fun of people damaging themselves becauseof their own stupidity in every possible way, I don't see why junkies ought to be exempt.

The wounds themselves are within the capability of your average Gore FX, but the faces are another story. What fascinated me was the detached attitude of these people whose bodies are falling apart. Perhaps it's the effect of a TV troupe, perhaps they're high as a kite - "Hey look! I can see your house through the gash in my arm!" - but I wouldn't be grinning if I was the owner of those soon-not-to-be-supporting-my-weight legs.

I dunno about those maggots, Lapin. On one hand, flesh that has been pre-digested by bacteria must be softer of course. Then again, because the little blighters have used it to reproduce, 1) some nutrients will have been spent and 2) it will be full of unpalatable bacterial byproducts. So I wouldn't be surprised if the maggots strayed off to good muscle given the chance**. Then again, are the maggots potty-trained or - more likely - they crap in the wounds?

*Get the reference and win a Bill the Cat plush
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Hahahaha, you guys rock. I have finally gotten my mom back for the STD story she told me when she was working at a clinic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh   Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Horrifying Russian designer drug eats addicts' flesh
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next