Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doctor Who Season 6

Go down 
+19
kleine_kat
I_Lam_Edhellen
Saleha
John Marston
Jesus.
Knorg
KelinciHutan
Rabid Badger
Knight
Sutremaine
Raine
Azzandra
Dixie
Spotts1701
Somath Cegem
Lapin
GamemasterAnthony
Drabbler
Seule
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

Doctor Who Season 6 Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:17 pm

DJFKLJSKJF;AKFJKDSJFA; FIRST EPISODE

FDKJNFK;DSFKJDA THAT WAS AWESOME

THAT WAS SO AWESOME

FJKLDJFKL;SJFLJSKLFJDSKJHFJKHASLKHFSJKAL
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Wait'll you get a load of Part Two.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 9:39 am

Interesting way to start the next season, I must say.

I also like that they gave a nice sendoff to miss Sladen as well near the end.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I didn't see any send-off? I only saw the first part though. I was really excited about it, though it does bother me how "Americans" in Doctor Who, never have American accents. I love Crowley/Badger as much as the next girl, true, and seeing him all FBI'd makes me happy, but still.

Americans. We're cheap and plentiful.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Lapin wrote:
I didn't see any send-off? I only saw the first part though. I was really excited about it, though it does bother me how "Americans" in Doctor Who, never have American accents. I love Crowley/Badger as much as the next girl, true, and seeing him all FBI'd makes me happy, but still.

Like how 'English' people in american shows are never actually english?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Your island nation is tiny and there are considerably less of you. We're a dime a dozen.

Also, I would support more genuine English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish actors over here, but you lot won't share your toys.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Lapin wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Your island nation is tiny and there are considerably less of you. We're a dime a dozen.

Also, I would support more genuine English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish actors over here, but you lot won't share your toys.

Actually there is about 1 british person to ever 3 states persons, in a country that would fit three times into texas.

Yeah, we may be a small nation, but there is stiill a lot of us.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Lapin wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Like how 'English' people in American shows are never actually English?

Actually there is about 1British person to ever 3 states persons, in a country that would fit three times into Texas.

Yeah, we may be a small nation, but there is still a lot of us.

Which makes your selfishness all the worse! We could easily have some kind of exchange system, but nooooo, that's too much like human trafficking. Never mind all of us poor Americans who would kick a puppy for a man with an accent.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Unless a film studio is obsessed with casting a big-name star, it's uncommon anymore for Americans to get cast in British, Irish, or Aussie roles because there are so many actors over here from those countries that they're playing American characters on TV. And when an American star is cast as one of these nationalities for a film, they're usually given extensive vocal training.

On the other hand, very few aspiring American actors are going to go abroad to seek work. Yes, they'll go to England for a specific project, but not just to hit the bricks and go on auditions. And if they're over there for one project, they're not likely to be available for others. Therefore, if someone in, say, Cardiff needs a couple dozen actors to play Americans, most for no more than one or two days, they're not likely going to find that many good, appropriate, and available Americans already in the UK. So they can either hire British actors to fake the accent, or they can pay to fly a whole bunch over from the US, put them up for a couple nights, and fly them all back again.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:18 pm

*grabs the train and pulls it back onto the tracks*

Right then.

The first 10 minutes were like "Wait, what?" And then the last 10 were "What the hell is going on here?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Spotts, I'm with you. The Silence terrified me beyond all belief. And how everything kept jumping to them forgetting, and then with Amy

Spoiler:

Are we going to have to spoiler-tag everything? Or can this be a Warning: Spoilers thread?
Back to top Go down
Dixie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dixie

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:15 pm

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
Interesting way to start the next season, I must say.

I also like that they gave a nice sendoff to miss Sladen as well near the end.

I've watched both parts twice now, and I'm still not seeing the send-off that you mention. There was a "To the memory of" caption at the start of episode 1 - that was all.

I'm really, really trying to like Matt Smith, but I can't warm to him. But I have much love for Rory
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Because Rory is awesome. He waited a thousand years for Amy, guarding her. That's possibly the most romantic thing ever on Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:

Spoiler:

You can at least comfort yourself with the thought
Spoiler:
Comforting!
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:59 am

Oh boy, this season is looking even better than the last. I swear the Silence has been haunting me in my dreams, it's like Slenderman all over again. Doctor Who Season 6 309696
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:09 am

Spotts1701 wrote:

The first 10 minutes were like "Wait, what?"
More like 'wait, whatever' to me. Of course that's not going to happen, or it'll happen in some way that isn't what it looks like. I also know what tally marks are, so no cookie for Moffat there.

The whole thing felt too clever for its own good. Everyone was so busy running around setting up the plot points that they didn't have time to interact outside the designated character scenes. I did finally figure out what annoys me about River Song -- for all her talk about how she and the Doctor are travelling in opposite directions, it never seems to have any effect on her except when the scene calls for it. When you get to know someone you get used to their mannerisms and all those other things that change when you're around, but I don't see any reaction to all the little things that are slowly going away as the Doctor knows her less and less. Maybe she's covering up so well that it's not noticeable, but as a fictional character with no window to her thoughts she really should know better. Shame on you, River.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:53 pm

(the doctor knows her more and more)
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
I did finally figure out what annoys me about River Song -- for all her talk about how she and the Doctor are travelling in opposite directions, it never seems to have any effect on her except when the scene calls for it. When you get to know someone you get used to their mannerisms and all those other things that change when you're around, but I don't see any reaction to all the little things that are slowly going away as the Doctor knows her less and less. Maybe she's covering up so well that it's not noticeable, but as a fictional character with no window to her thoughts she really should know better. Shame on you, River.

I realized that myself after River's talk with Rory about the worst day in her life. It kind of lost some meaning when we knew that it had already happened from the viewers perspective, and wasn't really touched at all in those episodes. She seemed disappointed that The Doctor didn't know her, but not nearly as much as you would expect.

Seule wrote:
(the doctor knows her more and more)

As he goes forward in his timeline yes, as she goes forward in hers however he knows her less and less every time they meet.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Perhaps I phrased that the wrong way round, since Moffat can only write River's timeline in one direction. I didn't see any reaction previously to all the little things that are going away, nor do I see any reaction to all the little things that are becoming new. The opposite timelines thing is a neat conceit, but for whatever reason it's not being acted convincingly.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Okay, so who else saw the twist ending of the Ghost Ship coming a mile away? Not a bad premise but I mean... Eccleston already got that twist.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:29 am

Knight wrote:
Okay, so who else saw the twist ending of the Ghost Ship coming a mile away? Not a bad premise but I mean... Eccleston already got that twist.
I did.

Spoiler:
I still liked the episode, though, if only for Amy's amusing pirate outfit. And the d'aww scenes with Rory.

I can barely wait for the next episode, though: "I've got mail! :DD"
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:53 am

Azzandra wrote:
Knight wrote:
I did.

Spoiler:
I still liked the episode, though, if only for Amy's amusing pirate outfit. And the d'aww scenes with Rory.

I can barely wait for the next episode, though: "I've got mail! :DD"

I wasn't aware they still did single episodes. Reminded me of the old days.

While I didn't see the medical program coming, I did know the alien would almost certainly turn out to be essentially benign.

And since I'm a sucker for Rory, I loved the scenes with Amy trying to keep him away from the 'Siren.' And his total faith that she'd be able to bring him back. Rory doesn't get nearly enough love.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:50 am

Yeah, "everybody lives" is getting really tiresome and not-so-very-heartwarming-anymore. It isn't special if it happens every other week.

I did like the episode, even if it was a bit cheesey in spots. But I kept expecting to see Jack Sparrow stagger around a corner and start angling to try and keep all the treasure himself or something.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:25 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:43 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Season 6   Doctor Who Season 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Season 6
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next