Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show

Go down 
+35
tjay
KGarrett
Grimley Fieendish
SirDixonDongs
Dixie
Miraba
kleine_kat
Knight
Lapin
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
GamemasterAnthony
KelinciHutan
Knorg
Dr. Professor Science
Seule
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Spotts1701
Saleha
Sutremaine
jerkstore
Dick Powers
SlyChild
Toastuh
Verandering
Keith Fraser
Azzandra
Jesus.
gaijinguy
Rabid Badger
ZoZo
Chicago Brown
Miss Prince
Somath Cegem
Raine
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:38 pm

They haven't shown the End of Time in Australia yet, so I streamed it. Let's look at the timeline of this series with the Doctors:

9 (Badass Awesome) ---> 10 (Crazy Awesome) ---> 11 (IT'S SCARY, CHANGE BACK, DAMNIT!)

I hate to pass judgment on the new series before I've ever seen it, but I think that trailer is enough to tell me I should at least go into this with my most displeased face. I think my heart absolutely broke when Ten said he didn't want to go. It's leaving a huge legacy for Matt Smith to live up to, and from the looks of this trailer, he's not going to be able to get there. They're recycling a hell of a lot by the looks of it too (I was really hoping the weeping angels thing was over and done with), as well as introducing some weird new elements into the story. I'm pretty sure I saw vampires, Amy Pond snogging Eleven, River Song turning up again, him with a gun (I hope they're not making this a thing now), and a new-look TARDIS.

Also, 'geronimo' is a terrible, terrible catchphrase.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:41 pm

You're an idiot, it's gonna be awesome, shut up, THE BRITISH HAVE SPOKEN.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
You're an idiot, it's gonna be awesome, shut up, THE BRITISH HAVE SPOKEN.

I said I'm going into this with my most displeased face. I'll still watch it, but I don't think I'm going to like it. And frankly, I don't know if I can stand looking at Smith. I hate to say it, but his jawline gives me the creeps (in very much the same way Robert Pattinson's does).
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:12 pm

Don't these exact sentiments get expressed every single fucking time the Doctor regenerates? And then a few people hold grudges, most of the fandom piles squee on the new guy, and life goes on.

And I say this without ever having seen Dr. Who. The new companion is pretty though <3
Back to top Go down
Chicago Brown

Chicago Brown

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:18 pm

Every new Doctor brings a whole different feel to the show, that's how it works. Lots of people were sceptical about 9 and then 10, and they were both brilliant.
Plus, Steven Moffat has proved himself to be a very capable and talented writer, in some ways even better then RTD.
They haven't been wrong yet, have some faith.
/British
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:25 pm

Miss Prince wrote:

And I say this without ever having seen Dr. Who. The new companion is pretty though <3

I have to agree with you there. I do sorta have high hopes for Amy Pond. For some reason she reminds me a lot of Seras Victoria from Hellsing.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:30 pm

I see that trailer and I think "FUCK YEAH".

After all, anything will be better than End of Time, even if it's just 45 minutes of Matt Smith showing off his vinegar strokes face.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
Don't these exact sentiments get expressed every single fucking time the Doctor regenerates? And then a few people hold grudges, most of the fandom piles squee on the new guy, and life goes on.

As someone who started watching Dr. Who with Three, and carried on from there till the show was taken off the air, the answers are yes, yes, and yes. Tom Baker was never going to be able to replace Jon Pertwee. There was no way Peter Davison could ever be as awesome as Tom Baker. Colin Baker was a jackass and ruined the whole series. Sylvester McCoy was too old, nobody was going to accept an older Doctor after two younger ones.

I missed out on Paul McGann, but reviving the show after all that time was a horrid idea. Christopher Eccleston didn't hang around long enough, but he was so awesome, there was no way David Tennant could ever replace him.

Matt Smith will, of course, destroy the series completely, and it will be taken off the air before you can say 'Jack Robinson!'

Honestly, people, take it from someone who's wasted roughly 30+ years of her life on this show-it will go on. Some people will like it, some people won't, but enough people will watch it to make it worth the BBC's time to keep producing it.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:41 pm

Gonna have to disagree; Nine was amazingly GAR, and while Ten had his moments, he never quite lived up to his predecessor. It didn't help that the Twu Wub angle, which had been kept largely under wraps during Nine's run, was disentombed for a good portion of Ten's series.

Though I did like "The End of Time" on a symbolic level- after all of Ten's self-righteousness, after all of his rejection of Nine, when faced with the same decision, he dies to uphold it.

So, yeah, I think Eleven is going to be fun. Remember that, fun? It's what happens when the Doctor isn't being sparkly!Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:07 pm

While I too am mourning the loss of my dear Ten and am hating on Eleven, I do agree that the new series should at least be given a chance. The Doctor is a beloved character and always will be no matter what body or persona he has, even if that persona does look like a Cro-Magnon man who tried out for Green Day but was rejected even though he already got the haircut for the job. Either way, I must say that I'm glad they're reviving the weeping angels and the vampires. While I've said I'm unfamiliar with DW's usage of them, I've read the wiki page and something about them in Tropes. With Moffet at the helm, I think that the new series will at least have a great job utilizing the old themes and make it something the new audience will want to watch besides the loss of their current favorite Doctor.

And who knows? Maybe the call of the 'tards will grow on us. And the new "retro" (actual word used by some article somewhere) look of the TARDIS might grow on us skeptics.

GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:18 am

Personally, I think the new series (and the new Doctor) looks deliriously fun. Besides, after the angst-fest of Ten, we'll need a change of pace. I'm looking forward to it.

And Amy Pond is really, really pretty to look at. Hopefully, her personality won't be too abrasive.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:25 am

Looks like more of the same to me - could be good, could be bad (and the episodes will probably be a mixture, based on past experience). And the new Companion is relevant to my interests (as are Victorian/Edwardian female vampires in wedding dresses), though hopefully she'll have a personality beyond "ooh, shiny!" or "The script says I'm wonderful, therefore I am!" I'm crossing my fingers that the kiss shown in the trailer is just another one of those fakeout not-really kisses like when Nine kissed Rose to save her or possessed!Rose kissed Ten.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:00 am

Want.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:10 am

I saw that trailer and I, too, thought "AWESOME!!!" so I don't get the sentiment here. Also, as quirky as Ten was (David Tennant makes some amazing facial expressions), I didn't exactly like him that much. I loved Nine far more, and he wasn't really around all that long. =/

I'm looking forward to seeing Eleven in action.
Back to top Go down
Chicago Brown

Chicago Brown

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 pm

NEW TRAILER ON WEBSITE! NEW TRAILER ON WEBSITE!

Sorry Amercians, Brits only [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Chicago Brown wrote:

Sorry Amercians, Brits only [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show 309696 Why won't you share your videos with your children, Britain?! Now you're just forcing me to find crappy versions on Youtube.

And apparently Amy isn't a policewoman. She's a kissogram. o_O
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Raine wrote:
Chicago Brown wrote:

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show 309696 Why won't you share your videos with your children, Britain?! Now you're just forcing me to find crappy versions on Youtube.

Children who run away from home don't get presents
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Raine wrote:
Chicago Brown wrote:

But... but... you were the ones who kicked us out in the first place. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Raine wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Raine wrote:
Chicago Brown wrote:

No, we gave you the summer house, AND YOU CHANGED THE BLOODY LOCKS!
Back to top Go down
Toastuh
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Toastuh

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Okay, I was a bit hesitant to like Smith due to his oddlyjailbait!face, but I take it back and will reserve further judgment.

This could be AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Raine wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Raine wrote:
Chicago Brown wrote:

No, we gave you the summer house, AND YOU CHANGED THE BLOODY LOCKS!

We'll you're the ones who taxed us without allowing us any say in the matter!

And I'm with Toastuh. This could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 pm

I miss David Tennant's pretty hair already. Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show 309696 Matt Smith's got quite the reputation to live up to now.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:01 pm

SlyChild wrote:
I miss David Tennant's pretty hair already. Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show 309696

What about his pretty face?
Back to top Go down
jerkstore

jerkstore

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Eh, I saw Matt Smith in two Sally Lockhart Mysteries and wasn't impressed. I think he'd have been better cast as a companion to an older Doctor if they wanted to pull in the teenybopper girls.

Maybe it's because BBCA kept showing The Next Doctor all December, but I really wanted David Morrissey to play 11.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:39 pm

I saw the trailer in 3D before Alice In Wonderland today. I am vibrating with excitment for Series 5 now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next