Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show

Go down 
+35
tjay
KGarrett
Grimley Fieendish
SirDixonDongs
Dixie
Miraba
kleine_kat
Knight
Lapin
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
GamemasterAnthony
KelinciHutan
Knorg
Dr. Professor Science
Seule
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Spotts1701
Saleha
Sutremaine
jerkstore
Dick Powers
SlyChild
Toastuh
Verandering
Keith Fraser
Azzandra
Jesus.
gaijinguy
Rabid Badger
ZoZo
Chicago Brown
Miss Prince
Somath Cegem
Raine
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:42 am

That spaceship looked like it belonged burning Sim City 2000 buildings.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:31 am

Just saw THIS on DevArt.

For some reason, I'm suspecting this actually has happened once...
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:40 am

Watching the Doctor play football seemed very... surreal somehow.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:24 pm

It's because Matt Smith was apparently a footballer before he was an actor but yeah it was freaking weird to watch. Not in a bad way, just in a weird way.
Back to top Go down
Toastuh
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Toastuh

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:26 pm

The football scene was like watching Batman surf with the Joker in the old cheesy show version of Batman.

I liked the episode, though. But then I realized I'm liking all of these episodes.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:39 pm

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
For some reason, I'm suspecting this actually has happened once...
It did, but the Doctor wasn't piloting it. It was set to autopilot but Tegan(?) was trying to pilot it and it ended up lying on a hill. I think it was Castrovalva?

Also, this episode. I see they're doing the 'Doctor vs. everybody' thing again and the thing with the whole universe and the named characters and the Earth going all pear-shaped just before the half-way point of the two-parter. I sort of miss the relative low key Series 1 finale. Yeah, so if the Daleks won then Earth would be fried along with everything else, but the real thing at stake was the Doctor himself.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Amy wouldn't be the first girl to choose a plastic substitute after losing her flesh and blood boyfriend. I'm going to see if I can start a rumour the Kandy Man was at the back of the crowd of allied villains....
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:51 pm

NEXT WEEK! THE DATE IS ACTUALLY NEXT WEEK! MY BRAIN SHE CANNOT TAKE IT!
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:18 pm

I'm just not that excited though. Let's have a look at what's gone wrong so far:

1. Amy is dead.
This will be reversed next week.

2. River is stuck in the TARDIS, where her presence will ensure that it explodes, killing her and likely doing what the Time Lords wanted to do.
The first would be one hell of a messy retcon. The second... is not going to happen.

3. The Doctor is trapped in the Pandorica (I guessed early on who the much-feared nameless trickster was but was hoping that the heart of the TARDIS would somehow be inside, because the Doctor seemed too obvious) while all this is going on.
He's going to escape.

All the tension here feels very manufactured given how little buildup there was, and there's no character drama. The ones in danger all have heavy duty plot armour, and the ones that aren't never got any characterisation anyway.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
I'm just not that excited though. Let's have a look at what's gone wrong so far:

1. Amy is dead.
This will be reversed next week.

2. River is stuck in the TARDIS, where her presence will ensure that it explodes, killing her and likely doing what the Time Lords wanted to do.
The first would be one hell of a messy retcon. The second... is not going to happen.

3. The Doctor is trapped in the Pandorica (I guessed early on who the much-feared nameless trickster was but was hoping that the heart of the TARDIS would somehow be inside, because the Doctor seemed too obvious) while all this is going on.
He's going to escape.

You forgot one.
4.ALL OF REALITY EVER ENDED!!! EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING IS GONE! SILENCE REIGNS!
How the hell is that gonna be undone?
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:07 pm

I think that's covered by the second half of 2...

I don't know how it's going to be undone, but it will be. I don't think the TARDIS explosion foreshadowed in the Silurian episode is going to be as straightforward as that.

Van Gogh's painting could also depict the Vortex or the heart of the TARDIS. At this point it's the only thing powerful enough to sort everything out, since the stars are already exploding and we know it can bring the dead back to life. Let's hope it gets it right this time.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Okay, what just happened?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:38 am

Why were those rhino guys part of the coalition of evil? I thought they weren't actually evil.

I liked it. I did. Yes, it's going to be undone, but this time probably not by a Tinkerbell Jesus moment.

Rory! Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 309696
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:02 am

ZoZo wrote:
Why were those rhino guys part of the coalition of evil? I thought they weren't actually evil.

I liked it. I did. Yes, it's going to be undone, but this time probably not by a Tinkerbell Jesus moment.

Well considering there mission, rightly or wrongly, was to SAVE the universe from the doctor and his exploding doom box of doomy doom, is Evil really the right word?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

Well considering there mission, rightly or wrongly, was to SAVE the universe from the doctor and his exploding doom box of doomy doom, is Evil really the right word?
You're right. It's more like the Lib Dems coalitioning with the Tories Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:01 pm

I want it to be the Valeyard.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:58 pm

I swear, there was a part of my mind that was just convinced that when the Pandorica opened, Ten would come charging out. It would have been the Beeb's biggest and most impressive job of keeping it a secret ever if it had been true, but I was so sure it was a possibility. I knew that the prison could only be for the Doctor right off, but I thought he was already in there. I was actually surprised to find the whole thing was a trick to lock him up, so I can't complain it was too obvious, I suppose.

I am curious how they're going to get out of this fix, though. TARDIS exploded, universe demolished, Doctor locked into an unbreakable box, Amy dead, and Rory...a thing. I'm a bit stumped on what the next move is.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:44 pm

I don't care, you know it's all going to be fixed in 45 minutes because it would wreck the status quo otherwise.

Yes, I'm a little grumpy about these sudden developments. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:06 am

Sutremaine wrote:
I don't care, you know it's all going to be fixed in 45 minutes because it would wreck the status quo otherwise.

Yes, I'm a little grumpy about these sudden developments. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah but HOW, that's the point everybody is excited about. HOW! Knowing Moffat who says everything little thing is gonna be fixed, you know for a fact there are gonna be some nasty repercussions even if the lions share of the damage is undone, last time somebody came back from the dead properly we ended up with Captain Jack.
You are just being a grumpy sod.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:23 am

They're all still in a dream from the dreamlord episode :D
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:55 am

Knorg wrote:
They're all still in a dream from the dreamlord episode :D
It'll all end up with the Doctor getting out of bed and seeing the universe in the shower. That's how he'll know It Was All A Dream.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:17 am

I kinda called it on Rory coming back during the Pandorica opening. Kinda cool... maybe. Still, everything being a reverse trap is OMGWTFBBQ.

I'm really quite surprised by this episode. It's completely and utterly awesome, but somewhere along the line something failed and the build-up isn't nearly as good as it could have been.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:29 am

WANT
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
WANT

Me too. I don't care how uncomfortable it is, I'd want to sleep in that thing every night.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:24 am

The expected price of that is less than $20,000?!? I call shenanigans, and I even have my broom ready. When the fanboys/fangirls start making bids, the price will probably skyrocket to the hundreds of thousands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next