Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show

Go down 
+35
tjay
KGarrett
Grimley Fieendish
SirDixonDongs
Dixie
Miraba
kleine_kat
Knight
Lapin
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
GamemasterAnthony
KelinciHutan
Knorg
Dr. Professor Science
Seule
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Spotts1701
Saleha
Sutremaine
jerkstore
Dick Powers
SlyChild
Toastuh
Verandering
Keith Fraser
Azzandra
Jesus.
gaijinguy
Rabid Badger
ZoZo
Chicago Brown
Miss Prince
Somath Cegem
Raine
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:24 am

RORY! We loved you so much!

But he does seem to be coming back for the finale. Hopefully it'll stick. *crosses fingers*

Otherwise, though, I kind of felt like this episode was good, but not amazing. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll be raving about it's brilliance to anyone any time soon. Having said that, there were some moments when Matt reminded me so much of a Classic!Who Doctor. The "there's always a military" line, for example. I've been seeing everyone say how he really connected to Who Classic for them, but this was the first time, for me, that I could really see it. So for all that maybe these two eps weren't Earth-shattering in their brilliance, it was pretty awesome to finally find out what everyone was talking about. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:03 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
Otherwise, though, I kind of felt like this episode was good, but not amazing. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll be raving about it's brilliance to anyone any time soon. Having said that, there were some moments when Matt reminded me so much of a Classic!Who Doctor. The "there's always a military" line, for example. I've been seeing everyone say how he really connected to Who Classic for them, but this was the first time, for me, that I could really see it. So for all that maybe these two eps weren't Earth-shattering in their brilliance, it was pretty awesome to finally find out what everyone was talking about. Smile
I really felt the Classic Who, too. There's something about Matt Smith that is sheer brilliance. I admit I was sceptical at first, but now I see what Moff did.

The crap-looking set helped, too Razz
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:09 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:

But he does seem to be coming back for the finale. Hopefully it'll stick. *crosses fingers*

Dude, yes. There's got to be something more to that line that "time can be rewritten" from a previous episode.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:35 pm

I was actually really, really happy with Rory getting nuked by the crack. I hope that's what the "time can be rewritten" thing was referring to, how he was sure that he couldn't die, because he'd seen his future self- then, when the time comes, only past Amy is there, since Rory now never was. Basically, when the Bad Thing started, my reaction was like they would really do it. And then, holy shit, they actually went ahead and did it. For a moment there, I was afraid that the Doctor having Amy focus on him was going to be some bullshit get-out-of-cosmic-retcon-free card, but he was just trying to make Rory's last moments of existence bearable to Amy. Me likee.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:31 am

Just watched. Holy crap.

Hmm, apart from that "time can be rewritten" thing, there's another possibility that Rory comes back through the Pandorica.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 pm

Say guys...I know this thread is about Season 5, but I have a question related to Doctor Who. I figure it's still relevant since it involves my recent DW related activities due to season 5.

Recently, I have watched "The Five Doctors" (Davison era) and have started to watch "The Stolen Earth" (Tennant era)...and I noticed something that made me O_O. One of the characters in that is a woman named Sara Jane Smith. Now...when I saw a YouTube clip which showed all of the Doctor's regenerations, Pertwee's Doctor comforted a girl named Sara Jane before becoming Baker#1's Doctor. Later, when I watched "The Five Doctors", shortly after Sara and Tigen(sp?) met each other, the Brigadeer showed up and refered to Sara as "Ms. Smith".

So...my question is this: Is the Sara Jane Smith in "The Stolen Earth" the SAME Sara Jane Smith character that traveled with Pertwee's Doctor? If so...was she played by the same actress, or did they find a ringer like they had to for Hartnell for "The Five Doctors"?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 pm

Same actress, same character.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:01 am

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Same actress, same character.

O_O

That's...just...AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:04 am

Jesus. wrote:
I'm slightly annoyed that the Doctor didn't at least try to find a way to save the fish people. Maybe that was just a Tennant thing, but I feel like there was just something that could have been done, somehow. And it made me sad that they died and that was just the end of it. Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 309696

This doctor is quite a lot more brutal than Ten, anyway. Ten wouldn't even pick up a gun when he was about to be killed, this one doesn't blink an eye. Yes, I think that Ten would have found a way to save the fish people, or take some in the Tardis and take them to another planet.

Eleven is pretty harsh. To the Weeping Angels as well; he more or less xenomurders them, after all.

Accidentally I watched 'Blink' again, yesterday. I still think that might be the best episode of ANY series I have ever seen. Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 831506
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 am

kleine_kat wrote:
Eleven is pretty harsh. To the Weeping Angels as well; he more or less xenomurders them, after all.
Actually, they did that to themselves (they were draining power from all the ship's systems and they forgot that if they drained the power from the artificial gravity, the actual gravity would kick in). The Doctor just didn't remind them about the salient bits. And given that they were not just trying to kill everyone, and had already killed most of the people there, but were pretty cheerful about each and every murder they achieved, I can't say I really blame the Doctor all that much.
Back to top Go down
Miraba
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miraba

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Raine wrote:
Just watched. Holy crap.

Hmm, apart from that "time can be rewritten" thing, there's another possibility that Rory comes back through the Pandorica.

Could the Pandorica be the prison behind the crack? If so, we know things can come out...
Also, if the event creating the crack is prevented, would the crack cease to exist? And how would that affect everything that's been sucked in?
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Did, I, uh... just watch Vincent Van Gogh kill a giant plucked chicken? Because that's what it looked like.

Also, Bill Nighy! Whooo! Dude's a legend and sports a fetching bow tie.
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Want to know a secret? The real way I got into Doctor Who was via the kink meme. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit: Oh, dude. When did I become a Sporkbender? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Oh, that was a lovely episode. Delightfully, sickeningly heartwarming.
Back to top Go down
Miraba
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miraba

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:05 pm

SlyChild wrote:
Want to know a secret? The real way I got into Doctor Who was via the kink meme. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pfff, that's not a secret.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Oh wow. *wibble*
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Agh that ending! My heart, she breaks!
Back to top Go down
Toastuh
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Toastuh

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:10 am

By the end of that, I was crying like a little bitch.

Spoiler:

MANLY TEARS.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:58 am

THIS.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE EPISODE SO FAR.

oh god I just want to give Vincent a hug
Back to top Go down
Dixie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dixie

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am

Yes, it was truly beautiful. I was weeping like a little baby at the end, too. I've been having some trouble warming to Matt Smith as the Doctor, possibly because he's got weird eyebrows, and because I still carry a torch for Nine, but this episode was the turning point.

Love, love love. The gorgeous Bill Nighy, and a script by The God Richard Curtis - how could it fail?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:44 am

IT'S JUST SAND IN MY EYES. I DON'T CRY AT DOCTOR WHO.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] <- my face all through this episode.

I loved all the little "easter eggs" as well, like the doctors' photographs on the machine and the whole thing where because of the perception filter, people from Holland sound Scottish so Van Gogh assumed that Amy was from Holland too...

All in all, I just loved it, and I did feel some totally-not-tears-because-who-cries-at-doctor-who-really by the end.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:06 am

Arrg, I kept thinking "this story is a little bit silly", then suddenly the museum scene and... BAAAAAW.
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:06 pm

What is it about this show that has the power to turn us all into sniveling little wusses? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:22 pm

third doctor supremacy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show   Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Series 5 - A Bloody Good Show
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next