Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.

Go down 
+34
Anon
bleachedblackcat
Jesus.
Sunatic
neko mata
Goat
Snake Bandage
Somath Cegem
Mr.Doobie
TheHermit
Verandering
the asylum
Adagio
rachel
InkWeaver
Raine
Lapin
Spotts1701
OzymandiasBowie
Penguin
Rabid Badger
XLT-100852.0
Lady Anne
The Unoriginal
I_Lam_Edhellen
Salamas
grmblfjx
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Braigwen
Sakurelf
Chris91
Hadiya Tannous
Seule
WD40
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Adagio wrote:
Everyone panicking about the nuclear plant should read this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well, I sure hope so. The media here in Australia is making a huge deal over it and is inappropriately bringing back up the nuclear debate over if Australia should have nuclear stations or not. Geez...
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:12 pm

Raine wrote:
Adagio wrote:
Everyone panicking about the nuclear plant should read this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well, I sure hope so. The media here in Australia is making a huge deal over it and is inappropriately bringing back up the nuclear debate over if Australia should have nuclear stations or not. Geez...

OMG ATOMS!!! is a very common response to anything concerning nuclear power. Sadly, those who scream about it the loudest often have the least information about nuclear power. Seconding the thanks, the article is very enlightening.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:50 pm

TheHermit wrote:
Raine wrote:
Adagio wrote:

OMG ATOMS!!! is a very common response to anything concerning nuclear power. Sadly, those who scream about it the loudest often have the least information about nuclear power. Seconding the thanks, the article is very enlightening.

I am thirding. I had confused the Japanese systems with the Russian systems in so far as the nuclear plants are concerned. I will be passing that along.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Link may be NSFW with the ads on the side.

But still, ALL MY HATE.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:48 am

Raine wrote:

Link may be NSFW with the ads on the side.

But still, ALL MY HATE.

I was wondering when they would start. Not surprised at all, I'll click on the link once I get back home.
Also, Adagio, thanks about the link - Australia is not the only place where anti-nuclear protesters have become vocal, and some people already asked for my quote unquote informed opinion.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:03 am

Raine wrote:

They do realize that the tsunami killed marine life too, right?
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 am

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get that from his poem. I read "There was a tsunami. People died from a disaster they couldn't avoid." Both of which are facts.

Like Fox News, much of the Crazy comes from the comments section.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get that from his poem. I read "There was a tsunami. People died from a disaster they couldn't avoid." Both of which are facts.

That's all I got too, the poem itself is actually rather benign. Now the comments, ugh.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Raine wrote:

They do realize that the tsunami killed marine life too, right?

I doubt it.

EDIT: I Googled "Sea Shepherd" and found this link which is, to say the least, verrrrry critical of that group:

Lies of the Sea Shepherd and Paul Watson
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Sakurelf wrote:

I've finally read it and it manages to stay on this side of infuriating. Terms such as "the wrath of the elements" are used outside of contexts of retribution, although when you piece together the posts, the concept is there.

I'll be the devil's advocate and ask, why would it be that teh tzunami happened 'cuz OMG the Japanese poach whales, and not the other way round? Since the island's population have probably been buried alive and/or swept to sea since long before the invention of trawling?

After the big wave
We're still alive and feasting
On tasty raw fish

(I know, I know... I'm getting my coat)
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:43 pm

I read the poem and I didn't find myself emotionally effected in any way. I might have thought it was just me but there's other people here who agree.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:57 pm

This disaster is making so many vile human beings speak their horrible thoughts up. Like all those people who think it's retribution for Pearl Harbor? Ugh I want to punch each and every one of them in the jaw. And then there's people who think it's God's doing...

This unbelievable specimen is especially vile. Warning: might make your blood boil.
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
This disaster is making so many vile human beings speak their horrible thoughts up. Like all those people who think it's retribution for Pearl Harbor? Ugh I want to punch each and every one of them in the jaw. And then there's people who think it's God's doing...

This unbelievable specimen is especially vile. Warning: might make your blood boil.

Oh, my mother has a story about the former:

Quote :

Ah, those kinds of cunts. I once saw to elderly folks arguing at the bus stop about whether the Japs deserved the devastation of the Kobe earthquake since they'd bombed the US at Pearl Harbor. The elderly gentleman was a WWII veteran who'd lost 4 brothers in the war, his opponent in the argument was a small-minded bigoted woman who insisted that he was a liar. Her words were to the effect that no one who'd lost brothers in the war would feel any sympathy for the Japanese people under any circumstances, ever.

People suck, and they're everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Snake: You were right...that video DID make my blood boil. And a lot of other people's too, judging by the massive list of comments it's getting.

Ozymandias: That lady at the bus stop certainly sucks.
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars.

No

Chris91 wrote:
Ozymandias: That lady at the bus stop certainly sucks.

There's a million more where she comes from.

Here's a Q & A from BBC regarding what's happening, with the exception of the latest explosion. There have been three thus far.

Here's a blurb about the ever increasing likelihood of a nuclear meltdown. Wind patterns today have the nuclear material from Fukushima drifting towards Tokyo and similarly situated cities.

Wind patterns. Image is huge.

Last edited by OzymandiasBowie on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I found more information.)
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Fire at Reactor No. 4 - reports that they've lost full containment on Reactor No. 2.

20 kilometer exclusion zone. Residents warned to stay indoors up to 30 kilometers away. Radiation levels near Tokyo briefly spiked to 9 times normal.

It's getting worse...
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 pm

My senior year, Japanese students from Kashima High School visited. I was a student ambassador and I hung out with one student for the whole school day. He was pretty cool and super nice. Kashima is located in the Ibaraki prefecture, near Tokyo. Guess which way the radioactive material is going/ will go.

No

Fuck.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 pm

What? WHAT? I thought the nuclear meltdown wasn't happening! OMG, WAT?! FUCK!
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 pm

My heart is sinking. I feel seriously nauseated at the situation with the reactors. Shit, I wish I could do something besides donate my scraped-together money to the Red Cross.
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 pm

Fuck.

Radiation levels near the Fukushima plant are hazardous to human health. There has also been a fourth explosion.
Back to top Go down
neko mata

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 am

I have to say this whole nuclear Situation is truly horrible. And, my heart goes out to everybody that is effected by this whole disaster. And,I hope they are able to fix everything as soon as possible. But, Japan is a strong country, so I believe they will be able to survive this.Also, I heard they are also started cleaning up Sunday. So, it seem there a bright side to all this.

also, I wanted to share this picture with anybody who sick of all the hate that been going on.
Back to top Go down
Sunatic

Sunatic

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 am

The spewing of hate towards the victims is so wide-spread that two websites have started to collect them. Warning for more blood-boilingness.
Back to top Go down
http://nerdywitches.net
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:11 am

Snake Bandage wrote:

That's a troll. I know it's a troll. In another video she says she's proud of her dog because he's having his first fast and she asks "if God isn't real, than who wrote the Bible? Checkmate, atheists."

Last edited by Mr.Doobie on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:10 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Tbat's a troll. I know it's a troll. In another video she says she's proud of her dog because he's having his first fast and she asks "if God isn't real, than who wrote the Bible? Checkmate, atheists."

Poe's Law cuts both ways.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:34 am

You know this "Divine Retribution" thing has gotten out of hand when even the governor of Tokyo is saying it was too...

Although he's apologised now apparently:

Definitely NSFW link for sure this time with a female Ukranian group showing their support for quake victims by shaking their breasts around. I'll just quote the Ishihara thing here.

First article:

Quote :

Tokyo’s reigning rape novelist Shintaro Ishihara has proclaimed the recent earthquake and tsunami are divine punishment (“tenbatsu”) for the sinful depravity the Japanese people now embody.

Asahi press club journalists quote him as saying the following when asked “how should the Japanese people view the quake?” in connection with the recent power trouble:

The identity of the Japanese people is greed.

This tsunami represents a good opportunity to cleanse this greed, and one we must avail ourselves of.

Indeed, I think this is divine punishment.

When asked by an incredulous journalist as to whether this was an imprudent utterance better not reported, he responded “It may be harsh for the victims to hear, but I want you to take it down and report it.”

He is currently running for his 4th term.

Second article with his apology:

Quote :

Tokyo governor Shintaro Ishihara has apologised for saying earthquake victims deserved to be killed and made homeless as punishment for the sinful greed of the Japanese people.

After his remarks were publicised, as he expressly told journalists to do, they were unsurprisingly the subject of widespread disgust and condemnation in Japan and beyond, he was forced into making a formal apology at a press conference:

“I deeply hurt the victims, as well as the people of the capital and the nation [...] I withdraw my remark and I am deeply sorry for this.”

For good measure, he also tried some sophistry to worm his way out:

“As the head of the administration, my use of a phrase like ‘divine punishment’ without sufficient elaboration was lacking. I am deeply sympathetic to the miserable and dismal plight of the victims.

As Tokyo governor I will do my very best to relieve the plight of these victims.”

He has not announced any change to his plans to rule Tokyo for a fourth term – in fact, his fellow crazed right-wing nut Matsuzawa just announced he will withdraw his candidacy and back Ishihara (in return for Ishihara’s promise of a choice post), so as not to split the hate vote.

And thanks Sunatic for that link. I don't think I've ever raged harder over the ignorance of people. They're spouting Pearl Harbour like it's some sort of buzzword.

Last edited by Raine on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.    Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Entire Pacific Basin put on alert after Japan earthquake.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next