Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Straight suicides *Christian sadface*

Go down 
+30
Jesus.
Lapin
Calista
grmblfjx
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Freezer
XLT-100852.0
SlyChild
Gally
Sheba
lemmingwriter
OzymandiasBowie
the asylum
Lady Anne
Sarin
Mr.Doobie
TheHermit
Raine
Azzandra
Maximilia
Exodia's Right Leg
Spotts1701
Verandering
Soylent Green
gaijinguy
Rabid Badger
karmyn31
Saleha
Miss Prince
ZoZo
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Straight suicides *Christian sadface* Empty
PostSubject: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:26 pm

This poor chappy feels his heterosexual privilege threatened by all this talk of gay teens being bullied to suicide, and the media caring about that. So he has taken it upon himself to show just how badly poor little heterosexual Christians have it.

It features terrible anecdotes like these
Quote :
Jennifer was a graduate student in Georgia. She was studying counseling at the graduate level when word got out about her religious objections to homosexuality. Some professors also found out that she considered homosexuality to be a chosen lifestyle. Neal Boortz found out and called her ugly names on his radio show. The university forced Jennifer to go through a government-mandated thought control program, which Neal Boortz had endorsed on air. She soon found herself facing the prospect of expulsion from the university. She later killed herself in the face of the Boortz-led witch hunt.

Quote :
Julia was a student at a university in Michigan. She was asked to help a homosexual client by using “gay affirmation” therapy. But she refused to do so because of her beliefs about homosexuality. (Note: It is OK to refuse to provide gay correction therapy even if that is what the client desires. But one must not refuse to provide gay affirmation therapy). Julia was expelled from Eastern Michigan because of her views. So she ended it all.

Sounds less like bullying and more like being called out on bullshit, right? Still, we should feel sorry for these poor darlings who committed suicide, right? Well...
Quote :
These eight cases are all true except for one thing: The Christians who were bullied by gays and gay activists are all still alive. Not a single one has committed suicide. That is because they have centered their lives around Jesus Christ, rather than their sexual identity. And no amount of bullying can change my mind about that.

That's right! Only godless heathen gays kill themselves! These poor lambs just have to put up with those EVIL EVIL GAYS.

Oh yes, and apparently all eight of these darling little "victims" tried to sue someone after these incidents. Poor poppets.

Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 pm

FACE

PALM
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:49 pm

OH NOEZ WE ARE BEING BULLIED FOR BEING JUDGMENTAL SELF-RIGHTEOUS SHITBAGS WHO CONVENIENTLY FORGOT THE WHOLE "LOVE THY NEIGHBOR" THING IN FAVOR OF A FEW LINES IN LEVITICUS, WHO'D ALSO GET YOU STONED IF YOU WORE MIXED FABRICS AND DECLARED EATING SHELLFISH TO BE TABOO.
SOMEONE CALL THE POOR WIDDLE BABBIES A WAAAAAHMBULANCE

How about a bit more reading and a bit less picking-and-choosing, dahlings? Does "Judge not lest ye be judged" ring a bell?

Straight suicides *Christian sadface* 846489

ETA: I'm just gonna leave this and this here (Okay, so the latter is not really all that relevant, except for column 4, but it's amusing, so there Razz ).

Last edited by Saleha on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:12 pm

I'd like those who think that gays can't be good Christians to meet my uncle. He's a good Christian and gay.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Saleha wrote:
OH NOEZ WE ARE BEING BULLIED FOR BEING JUDGMENTAL SELF-RIGHTEOUS SHITBAGS WHO CONVENIENTLY FORGOT THE WHOLE "LOVE THY NEIGHBOR" THING IN FAVOR OF A FEW LINES IN LEVITICUS, WHO'D ALSO GET YOU STONED IF YOU WORE MIXED FABRICS AND DECLARED EATING SHELLFISH TO BE TABOO.
SOMEONE CALL THE POOR WIDDLE BABBIES A WAAAAAHMBULANCE

How about a bit more reading and a bit less picking-and-choosing, dahlings? Does "Judge not lest ye be judged" ring a bell?

Straight suicides *Christian sadface* 846489

You know, that was my dad's favorite bible verse? "Judge not lest ye be judged."

Christians who cherry-pick what they want to hear from the Bible are enough to drive me to drink. As you pointed out, the original line came from Leviticus in the Old Testament and was part of a list of Jewish Laws. I don't see anybody saying that menstruating women have to remove themselves from the house while they're having their period and live in a tent because they're 'unclean.' And if we followed the 'mixed fabrics' thing, Lady Gaga would be in serious trouble.

Unfortunately, far too many Christians have as big of a persecution complex as racists do. Does it ever occur to them that maybe, just maybe, the people who are trying to correct them MIGHT have a point?

Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:

You know, that was my dad's favorite bible verse? "Judge not lest ye be judged."

Oh, come on RB, you know better than that; there's more to it. "For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." It proceeds in that vein for a bit; I've heard it shortened as "Judge not lest ye be judged, for you will be weighed in the same balance and measured with the same measure."

Rabid Badger wrote:
Christians who cherry-pick what they want to hear from the Bible are enough to drive me to drink.

lolirony
Back to top Go down
Soylent Green
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Soylent Green

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Be right back, I'll get my grandmother's giant Latin Bible and tell you the real word of God. Razz

Shouldn't you reach for the Greek Bible then? Razz
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Oh, come on RB, you know better than that; there's more to it. "For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." It proceeds in that vein for a bit; I've heard it shortened as "Judge not lest ye be judged, for you will be weighed in the same balance and measured with the same measure."

Rabid Badger wrote:
Christians who cherry-pick what they want to hear from the Bible are enough to drive me to drink.

lolirony

It actually IS irony-I don't drink. Never have.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:21 pm

If this isn't the stupidest way of trying to make a point, it's got to be in the top three.

Trying to compare your self-imagined persecution complex with real persecution that has resulted in real people dying is proof that you are suffering from Cranial-Rectal Inversion.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Soylent Green wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
Be right back, I'll get my grandmother's giant Latin Bible and tell you the real word of God. Razz

Didn't Jesus speak Aramaic or some other foreign gobbledygook? Razz
Everyone knows Jesus spoke in King James English, you heathen.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Exodia's Right Leg wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
Soylent Green wrote:
Nihilist wrote:

Didn't Jesus speak Aramaic or some other foreign gobbledygook? Razz
Everyone knows Jesus spoke in King James English, you heathen.

Amazingly, so did all the Apostles and the composers of the Old Testament as well. It's a miracle! Straight suicides *Christian sadface* 961878
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:17 am

Quote :
Mike Adams is a criminology professor at the University of North Carolina Wilmington and author of Feminists Say the Darndest Things: A Politically Incorrect Professor Confronts "Womyn" On Campus.

Quote :
Mike was a professor in North Carolina. The director of the local LGBSTQQCCISA (Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgendered, queer, questioning, completely confused, indecisively-sexed, and allied) Center kept sending him emails promoting LGBSTQQCCISA issues. The director of the LGBSTQQCCISA Center admitted that she did it to provoke him. He felt bullied. So he killed himself.

DUN DUN DUN.

Wow, I can't believe how completely ridiculous this is. I get really fucking tired of people who happen to be of the religious majority in America scream out that they are being persecuted! OMFG! Oh NOEZ! I MIGHT BE SLIGHTLY INCONVENIENCED BY SOMETHING I DISAGREE WITH! WORLD. ENDING!
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:55 am

Rabid Badger wrote:

Unfortunately, far too many Christians have as big of a persecution complex as racists do. Does it ever occur to them that maybe, just maybe, the people who are trying to correct them MIGHT have a point?

These are the same people who loudly insist that Christianity is not a religion, because it's the absolute truth. They are not the kind of people who do such pedestrian things as admit fault, about anything.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:07 am

Azzandra wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

These are the same people who loudly insist that Christianity is not a religion, because it's the absolute truth. They are not the kind of people who do such pedestrian things as admit fault, about anything.
QFT.

Beautifully phrased there.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:40 am

Once more, I believe, if anything, Christianity should be more about teaching common sense and acceptance than this intolerant stupidity.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:17 am

I have no idea why you think that, Raine. From its very inception religion has done more to divide humanity than unite it.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:38 am

TheHermit wrote:
I have no idea why you think that, Raine. From its very inception religion has done more to divide humanity than unite it.

Yeah, true. So much for what I had grown up believing religion to be as a kid. It's hypocrisy at its very finest. Straight suicides *Christian sadface* 309696
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:00 am

Quote :
Mike Adams is a criminology professor at the University of North Carolina Wilmington and author of Feminists Say the Darndest Things: A Politically Incorrect Professor Confronts "Womyn" On Campus.

He already sounds like such a lovely person.

Seriously, comparing what these poor widdle Chwistians went through to what a lot of these gays went through is like... like...

Comparing pedophilia to homosexuality.

It takes a seriously large logical leap.

And the fact that he made this site in almost as a protest to all the coverage of homosexuals killing themselves almost feels like he believes these kids deserved to die. Which just doesn't sound like what Jesus would think.
Back to top Go down
Sarin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sarin

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:22 am

I think the thing about homosexuality goes back to the founding of the church, when St. (Salt)Peter was like, "Yeah, we're just going to quietly ignore most of that Jewish stuff, except for the rules about 'sexual misconduct.' Didn't you know you cannot both enjoy sex and love God?"
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Sarin wrote:
I think the thing about homosexuality goes back to the founding of the church, when St. (Salt)Peter was like, "Yeah, we're just going to quietly ignore most of that Jewish stuff, except for the rules about 'sexual misconduct.' Didn't you know you cannot both enjoy sex and love God?"

Peter had SERIOUS problem with the whole idea of sexuality and being a Christian. As did Paul( Mr. "It is better to marry than to burn,' which I always interpreted as meaning it was okay to lie and marry a woman you didn't necessarily love to have an outlet for your sexual desires instead of just learning how to deal with it). And both of them had a huge influence on the early Christian church.

Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Jesus didn't say jackshit about homosexuality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Jesus didn't say jackshit about homosexuality.

But you see, most people (especially Christians) don't know that. The only place in the Bible where homosexuality is mentioned is in Leviticus in the Old Testament. And Leviticus, as I said before, was a list of Jewish Laws.

There is not a single instance, in the New Testament, where Jesus ever said anything about homosexuality (though he did condemn adultery, which a lot of people seem to forget). The problem, of course, is separating what Jesus said from what his disciples said. Because most of the New Testament was written after Jesus's death and is, for the most part, Jesus' life and ministry as it was viewed by whichever disciple wrote it. That's why certain scenarios turn up in different places, from different POV, but some things are only mentioned once (maybe the other disciples weren't around when a miracle occurred).

The problem is that the disciples were simply human. Most of them were Jewish, so they'd lived by Jewish law all their lives until they ran into Jesus, who told them that there was no such thing as clean and unclean animals, and that sacrifices were no longer necessary to gain God's approval-they could speak to God themselves now by praying through him. I imagine the culture shock was off the Richter scale.

But, being human, they couldn't keep the ideas and laws they were raised under from coming through in their writing, even though they believed Jesus was the Messiah. A good many of them gave their lives for that belief. In the end, however, they were just like everyone else, with their own beliefs, and for some of them, I don't think even being a close companion of the Messiah was enough to shake what they'd been taught all their life came directly from God (especially considering that they only knew him for four years).

This is assuming, of course, that you believe the New Testament was divinely inspired, that the disciples actually wrote the books attributed to them, or that any of these people ever existed in the first place. A lot of people don't, but a lot of people do. And the people who do have a tendency to shout louder (and also assume that whoever they're shouting at has never read the Bible, so they won't know when they're quoting things out of context). It's what one could call 'sins of omission.' You're not out and out lying-you're just not telling the whole truth. Though I'm fairly sure the Almighty would've frowned on it, no matter how noble you felt your cause was.

Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:13 pm

And then you have the truly batshit insane fundies who believe the bible to be the infallible word of god himself
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:43 pm

the asylum wrote:
And then you have the truly batshit insane fundies who believe the bible to be the infallible word of god himself

It's especially fun when you're trying to take "The Bible as Literature". It's not offered any longer because students would get into fights about the Professor's analyses. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Straight suicides *Christian sadface*   Straight suicides *Christian sadface* Empty

Back to top Go down

Straight suicides *Christian sadface*
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next