Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.

Go down 
+20
Azzandra
Lexin
Tungsten Monk
Rabid Badger
Mr.Doobie
Somath Cegem
Lapin
ZoZo
Penguin
Maximilia
Salamas
Mikey Go WOOGA
maladroit_mooncalf
Drabbler
EileenK98
Malganis
Lady Anne
XLT-100852.0
pirategrrl
Jesus.
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. Empty
PostSubject: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:50 am

Facebook groups- the bullying of the future.

Quote :
(NEWSER) – Inspired by a Facebook page, kids in Vancouver spent a day kicking and punching redheads for fun, the Vancouver Sun reports. Trouble is, being hit hurts. "I was amazed by the amount of people that kicked me," said 13-year-old Aaron Mishkin, who figures he was assaulted about 80 times. An online group promoting "Kick a Ginger" day started it all.

The group's 14-year-old creator, who based the page on a South Park episode, apologized and said it was intended as a joke. But after students went home with injuries and 20 kids were suspended at one middle school, the RCMP is investigating the group, saying it may have spurred a hate crime. "It's really unprecedented," one cyber-bullying expert said.

That's pretty much the entire article.

Seriously, am I the only one who actually likes gingers? Will never understand ginger hate.
Back to top Go down
pirategrrl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
pirategrrl

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:56 am

I've never understood it either. I never even knew that some people disliked gingers until the South Park's episode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/~pirategrrl
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:31 am

You people only say this because you are daywalkers.

It's the ginger agenda.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:42 am

Why do people hate redheads? I think red hair is pretty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:11 am

Quote :
"I was amazed by the amount of people that kicked me," said 13-year-old Aaron Mishkin, who figures he was assaulted about 80 times.

Methinks some little shitheads should get loooong suspensions and hopefully a few assault-and-battery lawsuits sent to their Mommies and Daddies, so that the adults have to pay out the nose for what their spawn did.

Seriously, what little shits. It is not okay to hit someone. I know that some schools actually encourage the students to be assholes to each other (like my bf's old high school did -- either that, or it took no action at all when the "popular", "Christian" students physically assaulted and destroyed the property of other kids they considered to be "Satanists", like my boyfriend and one Goth friend he had), but that is never cool and the sooner these twerps learn it, the better.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:28 am

Lesson learned: there is always someone who doesn't get the joke. And thinks that something posted on the Internet is a license to assault innocent people who have no idea what the fuck's going on.
Someone needs to have their computer privileges suspended. At the very least.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:43 am

In the US, as far as I know, the hatred, and even the use of "ginger" in this context was very rare before the South Park episode. Even since, there's not a lot of hate, especially toward women; guys like the redheads. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Redheaded guys, not so much, but hardly to the level of hate.

I've noticed a lot more general ridicule coming out of the UK, but I don't think it goes nearly this far. At least I hope not. [And even there, attractive women get an immediate exemption.]

I think, in this context, it's more that you have a bunch of kids looking for any excuse to attack someone, and then someone says, "How about those redheads, huh?"
Back to top Go down
maladroit_mooncalf
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
maladroit_mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:55 am

Drabbler wrote:
In the US, as far as I know, the hatred, and even the use of "ginger" in this context was very rare before the South Park episode. Even since, there's not a lot of hate, especially toward women; guys like the redheads. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Redheaded guys, not so much, but hardly to the level of hate.

Well, there is the old "redheaded stepchild" saying, but I don't know how popular it is outside my particular branch of Redneckville. As for redheaded guys, I've had crushes on at least three in my life. Two celebrities and one classmate and it was actually due in part to their haircolor. I didn't even know that was weird.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:23 am

Rupert Grint works his redhair. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:47 am

As far as hot redhead dudes go, I prefer Damien Lewis. Dude is smokin'. He would look so awesome with his hair long.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 am

Malganis wrote:
Quote :
"I was amazed by the amount of people that kicked me," said 13-year-old Aaron Mishkin, who figures he was assaulted about 80 times.

Methinks some little shitheads should get loooong suspensions and hopefully a few assault-and-battery lawsuits sent to their Mommies and Daddies, so that the adults have to pay out the nose for what their spawn did.

Seriously, what little shits. It is not okay to hit someone. I know that some schools actually encourage the students to be assholes to each other (like my bf's old high school did -- either that, or it took no action at all when the "popular", "Christian" students physically assaulted and destroyed the property of other kids they considered to be "Satanists", like my boyfriend and one Goth friend he had), but that is never cool and the sooner these twerps learn it, the better.

This board is not your LJ. We don't want to hear about your problems.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:01 pm

I collect gingers, makes me feel better about my paleness. Razz Also, ginger girls are gorgeous, the ginger guys I know/have met have been on the creepy side, but the girls are so pretty!

OT with the actual news story, that's just insane. There are dozens of insane facebook groups/events, most as a joke, but you just need a few idiots to turn it into a problem.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:25 pm

I blame Dune for gingerphobia.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:53 pm

maladroit_mooncalf wrote:
Drabbler wrote:

Well, there is the old "redheaded stepchild" saying, but I don't know how popular it is outside my particular branch of Redneckville. As for redheaded guys, I've had crushes on at least three in my life. Two celebrities and one classmate and it was actually due in part to their haircolor. I didn't even know that was weird.
I heard the "redheaded stepchild" saying from a former colleague who was a redhead and occasionally faced prejudice because of it. I also once read a fanfic where the author talked about "ginger" hatred in heartbreaking detail (one of the canon characters was a redhead).

I don't understand where the prejudice comes from. I'm familiar with the dumb blonde and smart and/or dull brunette stereotypes, but the only stereotype associated with being a redhead that I'm familiar with is the hot-tempered redhead stereotype, and I'm not sure how it would apply here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
maladroit_mooncalf wrote:
Drabbler wrote:

I heard the "redheaded stepchild" saying from a former colleague who was a redhead and occasionally faced prejudice because of it. I also once read a fanfic where the author talked about "ginger" hatred in heartbreaking detail (one of the canon characters was a redhead).

I don't understand where the prejudice comes from. I'm familiar with the dumb blonde and smart and/or dull brunette stereotypes, but the only stereotype associated with being a redhead that I'm familiar with is the hot-tempered redhead stereotype, and I'm not sure how it would apply here.

I don't understand where ANY prejudice really comes from. If you're going to hate someone, hate them for THEM and not because they are gingers. Or just hate everyone equally.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:01 am

Lady Anne wrote:
I don't understand where the prejudice comes from.

Hazarding a guess, as far as the US goes: Circa the 1800s/early 1900s!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:15 am

Penguin wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
I don't understand where the prejudice comes from.

Hazarding a guess, as far as the US goes: Circa the 1800s/early 1900s!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pretty much exactly what it is. As far as I'm aware, most of the ginger-hate comes from England, and we're meant to hate the Irish and Scottish. Who are more likely to be ginger.

I don't know, I quite like ginger hair. This is why there is a song about how much I like to fuck gingers.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 pm

There used to be an old belief that people with red hair were...how to put this? Associated with witchcraft, is probably the best way to phrase it. Can be traced back pretty far, actually. Red hair, being kind of uncommon, was strange, and people blamed magic for everything. Wasn't such a bad thing until the Christians came, and then pagan/witchcraft = evil came about in a much stronger fashion.

I'm pretty sure no one nowadays believes that, but it's one of those things that stays in a mindset, even if people don't know where they got the idea.

The Scottish/Irish slant makes sense for the English, but there's the same undercurrent in a lot of cultures, even ones who had nothing to do with the Irish/Scottish cultures. It's just one of those things where different = bad.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:52 pm

ZoZo wrote:
This is why there is a song about how much I like to fuck gingers.

Hehehe, seriously? You officially have the best mates ever.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

Unfortunately they're not that creative at songwriting. It's very heavily based on the Uncle Fucker song from South Park. Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. 309696
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:35 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

Unfortunately they're not that creative at songwriting. It's very heavily based on the Uncle Fucker song from South Park. Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. 309696

By heavily, do you mean they just swap the word uncle for ginger and sing it loudly in the middle of London bars while you're attempting to pull yet another ginger?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

By heavily, do you mean they just swap the word uncle for ginger and sing it loudly in the middle of London bars while you're attempting to pull yet another ginger?
Pretty much. Even if I just happen to be standing near a ginger. Often I hear the song before I even see the gingers. Once, that was quite useful. Wink
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:46 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Pretty much. Even if I just happen to be standing near a ginger. Often I hear the song before I even see the gingers. Once, that was quite useful. Wink

Just goes to show, the north-south divide doesn't really change what groups of mates will do to each other given half the chance.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:24 pm

The ginger hate is derived from little 14-year olds taking a South Park joke as gospel.

Same thing with Jew-hate.

Some tween/teens need to learn that Cartman is not a good role model, nor was he made to be one.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.   Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kick A Ginger Day inspired kids to kick gingers.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next