Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?

Go down 
+17
Lady Anne
Owlish
Reidmar
EileenK98
Disco Stu
Rabid Badger
the asylum
Mikey Go WOOGA
Aggie
ZOOLANDER
Cyberwulf
Reepicheep-chan
Mr.Doobie
Chris91
TheIan
GamemasterAnthony
WD40
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  Empty
PostSubject: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 am

Starving them.

Quote :
State Sen. Stacey Campfield has proposed legislation that would cut welfare benefits to parents whose children fail to make "satisfactory academic progress" in school, a move he says should inspire parents to take a more active role in helping students learn.

What better way is there to motivate kids than by cutting their parents welfare.

Quote :
The bill applies to the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program. Current law says parents or guardians of children who are receiving benefits can lose 20 percent of those benefits if a child does not attend school. Campfield's bill adds a new requirement that the child make "satisfactory academic progress" as well and raises the penalty to 30 percent of benefits.

"The maximum benefit for a mother with two children is $185 a month," O'Neal said in an interview. "That's already low. If you take $60 plus dollars away, you're just further limiting people who already have extremely few resources... It's just piling on."

Quote :
The bill defines "satisfactory academic progress" as advancing from one grade to the next and "receiving a score of proficient or advanced on required state examinations in the subject areas of mathematics and reading/language arts." Those who fail to meet "competency" standards on end-of-course exams could also be deemed fall short of "satisfactory academic progress."

Special education students "who are not academically talented or gifted" would be exempted from the requirements.

O'Neal said the definition could take in students who are trying their best but are simply unable to meet standards through no fault of their own or their parents.

Go back to your school reports. Every time you see the words "Could try harder" replace them with "Could try harder - and because they're not, mommy is losing up to 30% of her benefits."

I wonder what else the fellow who has proposed this bill, State Sen. Stacey Campfield, has said or done in the past?

One short Google later...

Quote :
“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community — it was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

“My understanding is that it is virtually — not completely, but virtually — impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex…very rarely [transmitted].”

Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:42 am

For some reason with your Google search...the phrase "this explains much" seems inadequate.

Show of hands: Who here thinks the parents will now sue for an amount that will make the bill proposers WISH they didn't suggest that bill since the amount will probably be more than what would have been taken away?
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:20 am

Who the fuck is this asshole, and how come his head hasn't been slapped through asphalt yet?

Seriously, using kids as a bargaining chip just to cut families on welfare? That is a low-blow!

On one hand, I can kind of see that trying to make your kid strive to do well in school, but THIS IS NOT HOW YOU DO IT.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am

D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  724940 This Campbell jerk makes Todd Akin look like a MENSA candidate.

For a state whose people pride themselves on their devotion to Christianity, this bill strikes me as distinctly and extraordinarily UN-Christian.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:43 am

Quote :
“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community — it was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

“My understanding is that it is virtually — not completely, but virtually — impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex…very rarely [transmitted].”

I..... I just.....

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE STILL EXIST!?
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 am

Quote :

Oh wow that is like so wrong I am not sure where to begin with it. Like wow.

Wow.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:12 pm

YES OF COURSE ONLY GAY MONKEYSHAGGERS GET AIDS THAT'S WHY HALF OF AFRICA IS GETTING READY TO DIE OF IT
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Quote :

I..... I just.....

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE STILL EXIST!?

Sadly, it's illegal to kill them.

Cyberwulf wrote:
YES OF COURSE ONLY GAY MONKEYSHAGGERS GET AIDS THAT'S WHY HALF OF AFRICA IS GETTING READY TO DIE OF IT

Must...not...make...obvious...racial...joke...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:18 pm

SHE ALREADY MADE IT
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
SHE ALREADY MADE IT

To be fair, that particular element of the joke was so subtle it was easily missed.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Back on the original topic, you people are all fucking idiots.

This measure will get one of two things to happen. It will either get the freeloading parents to at least make sure the kids are getting decent grades (how hard is it to get a goddamn B? Mikey gets Bs) so that they can grow up educated enough to be productive members of society and not freeloaders like their parents, or it will get the parents to find a way to pay for their kid's food.

But God forbid we actually ask for basic competency out of humans before we start throwing Other People's Money at them.

Understand there is no basic human right to have food provided freely for you. It's a goddamn commodity, and commodities have to be bought in some form.

PS: Starve the fat stupid kids first.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 pm

ok america

this isnt funny anymore, now its just getting sad.

its time to stop.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

This measure will get one of two things to happen. It will either get the freeloading parents to at least make sure the kids are getting decent grades (how hard is it to get a goddamn B? Mikey gets Bs) so that they can grow up educated enough to be productive members of society and not freeloaders like their parents, or it will get the parents to find a way to pay for their kid's food.

But God forbid we actually ask for basic competency out of humans before we start throwing Other People's Money at them.

Understand there is no basic human right to have food provided freely for you. It's a goddamn commodity, and commodities have to be bought in some form.

The kids have a right to be properly cared for by their parents, dipshit. Cutting welfare is just going to get some kids beaten because their no-hoper parents don't have enough drug money for the week. Not every kid does poorly in school because they're lazy, there are other, mitigating factors at play, some of which I have personally experienced.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Clopper wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

The kids have a right to be properly cared for by their parents, dipshit.

Parents =/= Government. Parents =/= Taxpayers in general.

Clopper wrote:
Cutting welfare is just going to get some kids beaten because their no-hoper parents don't have enough drug money for the week.

MAXIMUM TROLLING

On the off chance you're actually serious, you see no problem with taking money from productive members of society to give it to white trash (this is Tennessee after all) for drugs? Really?

Clopper wrote:
Not every kid does poorly in school because they're lazy, there are other, mitigating factors at play, some of which I have personally experienced.

You mean the crippling autism?

I swear, we should just put you people down. Like they did in Sparta.

Fuck yeah, Sparta.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm

I wonder if he's any relation to this guy:

Man Pulls AK34 on his daughter because she got B's instead of A's
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Xerrofoot wrote:
Cutting welfare is just going to get some kids beaten because their no-hoper parents don't have enough drug money for the week.

On the off chance you're actually serious, you see no problem with taking money from productive members of society to give it to white trash (this is Tennessee after all) for drugs? Really?

No, the money is for food, rent and other essentials. It's kind of hard to stop people using that money for drugs, but that doesn't mean the benefits should be cut off. You'd make a great Republican, if you're not one already, you sociopathic right-wing fuck.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Xerrofoot wrote:
Not every kid does poorly in school because they're lazy, there are other, mitigating factors at play, some of which I have personally experienced.

Fuck yeah, Sparta.

No, it's called child abuse. Seriously, Mikey, that's enough. There's trolling and then there's overkill.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:24 am

In all fairness, a lot of public assistance money can be used to buy drugs.

But then, it's not the kids fault if the parent is meth-addled. Just steal their card and voila! Food!

If I recall correctly, benefits can be sold for half of what they are in cash. $200 in benefits will get you $100. People pretty hard-up will sell their food stamps, to say, pay their phone/electricity/rent and possibly even drugs, but at the same time I don't personally believe in taking the benefits away or making a drug test mandatory for welfare recipients because the kids can steal the card and buy food with it (or the parents wallet, mind, but assuming this is the only cash??)

The big problem with public assistance is helping the children who, through no fault of their own, have hardships because of their parents. Whether it's because their parents have some drug problems or they lost their job or they're on disability or whatever doesn't mean that they should have to perform for their parents to compensate for their failure/misfortune.

So next shouldn't middle-class parents have to make their kids keep a 4.0 GPA else their car would get repossessed, or their house foreclosed on? Or have their grades control Wall Street, mind. I'm sure the fact that special-needs children who can't function well in a normal school environment aren't just born to poor families would cause a few market crashes because our educational system really isn't a measure of intelligence anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 am

Cloppert wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Clopper wrote:

No, the money is for food, rent and other essentials. It's kind of hard to stop people using that money for drugs, but that doesn't mean the benefits should be cut off. You'd make a great Republican, if you're not one already, you sociopathic right-wing fuck.

First of all, that's exactly what it means.

Secondly, I make a mediocre Republican as I am indifferent to "social" issues, at least on a national level, and I don't give the tiniest fuck about farmers. Seriously, fuck farmers. The most self important bunch of illiterates you'll mean that aren't the Miami Heat.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Clopper wrote:

Fuck yeah, Sparta.

No, it's called child abuse. Seriously, Mikey, that's enough. There's trolling and then there's overkill.[/quote]

Huh. I didn't know child abuse made you autistic.

Also, what makes you think that parents who beat their kids are going to use the government money to feed their kids healthy and nutritious meals? Frankly, it seems like a bad life decision to help the kid you pummel grow up to be big and strong, like feeding a baby alligator.

ETA:

Stuey wrote:
I'm sure the fact that special-needs children who can't function well in a normal school environment aren't just born to poor families would cause a few market crashes because our educational system really isn't a measure of intelligence anyway.

Ignoring everything else that's wrong with your post, I'm pretty sure the retards were exempt from this law.

Furthermore, if you can't read and do math, you're an idiot. Even though public school are a total trainwreck (mostly due to Teacher Union bullshit, but that's another matter I'm someone will launch us into in the next few posts with tl;dr rectal inflammation), it's not difficult to get a 3.0 through high school. If one actually goes to class, pays a small amount of attention, and does their homework, it's almost impossible NOT to get Bs. Parental involvement obviously factors into this, in the form of getting a kid to actually DO the homework.

Last edited by Mikey Go WOOGA on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:22 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Or 3). it will result in a drastic increase in crime as parents and children are forced to resort to stealing in order to feed and house themselves . . . although if they got caught I suppose being sent to prison would solve that problem, wouldn't it? No longer having to worry about having a roof over their head or food in their bellies.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:18 am

Aggie wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Or 3). it will result in a drastic increase in crime as parents and children are forced to resort to stealing in order to feed and house themselves . . . although if they got caught I suppose being sent to prison would solve that problem, wouldn't it? No longer having to worry about having a roof over their head or food in their bellies.

I think Mikey is likely a relative of Scrooge:

Are there no prisons?
Oh, there are plenty of prisons.
And the union workhouses, are they still in operation?
They are. But many would rather not go there. Many would rather die.
Well if they'd rather die they'd best do it and decrease the surplus population!

It just occurred to me that if Scrooge were alive today, the Teapublicans would love him.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Aggie wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

I think Mikey is likely a relative of Scrooge:

Are there no prisons?
Oh, there are plenty of prisons.
And the union workhouses, are they still in operation?
They are. But many would rather not go there. Many would rather die.
Well if they'd rather die they'd best do it and decrease the surplus population!

It just occurred to me that if Scrooge were alive today, the Teapublicans would love him.
Right up until he was visited by three ghosts who changed his entire outlook on life in a single night.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:36 pm

If I die before Mikey, I am so haunting him.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm

Leeny wrote:
If I die before Mikey, I am so haunting him.

This

Leeny wrote:
I resolve not to reply to any of Mikey's posts.

Isn't going very well. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
our educational system really isn't a measure of intelligence anyway.
IAWTC. This proposal has an extremely optimistic view of our public education system.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Anecdote: I got one of those useless college degrees, yet in high school I ranked fifth in my class. Didnt do me much good, as I wait tables now. Darn! If only! If I went to medical school I'd be almost out of residency by now! But I owe too much to be going back D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  309696
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?    D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?  Empty

Back to top Go down

D'ya know what'll help kids perform better in schools?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next