Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"

Go down 
+17
Ayezur
Snoof
Raine
Thanos6
lemmingwriter
KGarrett
TheHermit
Sloth
rae
Lady Anne
Mikey Go WOOGA
Manny
Cyberwulf
Miss Prince
Rabid Badger
Mafiosa
the asylum
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

"Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" Empty
PostSubject: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:26 pm

Now, I have nothing against getting kids into sports at an early age. Soccer, Hockey (to a certain extent, anyway), and maybe even tag football. I mean, the last thing we need are more lazy lumps of little fat rolls taxing our health care system.

Getting kids active by putting them in sports programs? Good idea.

Said sports programs being MUAY THAI? No.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I seriously feel sick reading this article. And you will too. So here's an except for those of lesser gastro-intestinal fortitude:

Quote :
"If I'd never taught my kids Thai boxing how guilty
would I feel. Anyway Miah loves it - she's like a ballet dancer
with boxing gloves at the moment," he told the the News of the
World.
But footage from the programme shows that Miah often cries
before going into the ring and her Dad instructing "Come on
baby just enjoy yourself" before later ordering her "stop
this now".
And the pics? The pics are something else.
I am truly sorry for ruining your day, people.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 pm

How does this not qualify as child abuse? The kids are obviously being forced to do something they don't want to do by their brain-dead parents. And that's not even considering the lack of protective head gear. Your child can't ride a bike without a helmet, but it's okay for some other kid to kick them in the head?
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:38 pm

Quote :
"My dream and his mum's dream is for him to win a stadium title," he said. "I don't know what his dream is? probably to play with his soldiers."

>:|

I hate these parents with a burning passion.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:46 pm

1) LOL FAT PEOPLE SUCK UP HEALTH CARE MONEY fuck you

2) DAILY FAIL

That said, no kid that young should be engaging in competitive martial arts. Learning katas and throwing punches and kicks up and down a gym is one thing - actual kumite, no way.
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
no kid that young should be engaging in competitive martial arts. Learning katas and throwing punches and kicks up and down a gym is one thing - actual kumite, no way.
This. They can brain each other after they hit puberty, ffs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Yes, let's give them padding over their body and keep their heads exposed. WAT?

Considering they're so young, why not give them those padded head things amateur boxers wear? Or, you know, not put them into fights until they're teenagers?

Cyberwulf wrote:
1) LOL FAT PEOPLE SUCK UP HEALTH CARE MONEY fuck you

LOL I'M BITTER BECAUSE I'M A FAT FATTY FROM FATTOWN WHO CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT BECAUSE I'M TOO BUSY BEING A BITCH!
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
GOD DAMN I LOVE FAT PEOPLE THAT FIC ABOUT SPOCK MAKING LOVE TO FAT KIRK I FAPPED ALL NIGHT LONG THINKING ABOUT HIS JELLYROLL MMMMMMM
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:28 pm

I used to have a neighbor who taught karate to the local kids. He wouldn't let them compete, though, at least not until they were teenagers, and told them not to use their skills on other people unless someone was trying to hurt them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 pm

>_O And her I thought that the parents who forced their kids into football were bad.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:10 pm

WTF? No protective gear?
Spoiler:

"Despite his youth [ten years of age], his victories apparently include two
knockouts."

Last edited by Sloth on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
WAAAAAHHHHHHHH I'M LASHING OUT AT OTHERS BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER LOVED ME BECAUSE MY FATHER WAS AN IRISHMAN ALCOHOLIC AND MOTHER JUST STOOD AND I'M A FAT, PSYCHOPATHIC BUCKET OF SALTY HORSE CUM!!!

What are we arguing about now? scratch I'm just coming up with the most over the top insults I can for laughs.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:13 pm

the asylum wrote:
What the fuck has to be wrong with you to think putting a 5 year old in a Muay Thai match is a good idea? Did the huge number of in-ring fatalities not clue you in or something?
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Some do start fairly young (especially in Thailand; I don't remember the actual age they start training at on average, but it's pretty young. I'm looking it up now.), but five is still ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
How does this not qualify as child abuse? The kids are obviously being forced to do something they don't want to do by their brain-dead parents. And that's not even considering the lack of protective head gear. Your child can't ride a bike without a helmet, but it's okay for some other kid to kick them in the head?

This and then some. I'll be honest: I do teach karate, I have been a ring judge many times in a few different events, and yeah, we do get little kids sparring. Forcing kids of any age to fight is ridiculous. I've had kids in the ring who start crying, and we'll let them sit it out. It's wrong beyond description to force a kid to fight another kid. We do have instructors who try (grrr Imperial County assholes), but in the ring, the judge has the final say, and any judge that lets that kind of parental/instructor intimidation happen should be tossed themselves.

I can't imagine kids that young fighting in that style anyway, especially without headgear. We do have little kids sparring (6-8 years old), but in our style, they don't start until they're at their second or third belt, and they're heavily restricted when it comes to contact zones (no head/neck/back, no groin) until they're older and more advanced. And they're covered in padding. Head, chest, hands, feet, shins, the whole deal. In the PeeWee divisions, they essentially spend three minutes bouncing off of each other. They get more bruises from falling over because the pads made them lose their balance than from any contact with their opponent.

They shouldn't be in something as heavy-contact as Muay Thai that young. It's ridiculous. If they want to do it, they can wait until they're older, and if they have to do martial arts right now, then they can do a less-intense style. And the parents should never force them into any of it. That's always bad news when it comes to studying any martial art.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:05 am

Especially when they start to really resent it and turn said Muay Thai on their parents....
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:42 am

From how the lot in this story sound, that'd almost be a good thing this time.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:09 am

Well, the parents would deserve it, but you know the law probably wouldn't see it that way...
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:15 am

MUAY THAI?!?! Have they watched any Tony Jaa movies? Do they know how INCREDIBLY painful and dangerous that looks? Especially for kids with developing bones, that's just asking for trouble. D:
Back to top Go down
Snoof
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snoof

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 am

It's part of being a parent to force kids to do things they don't want to do (eating broccoli, going to school, not staying up late watching TV), but it's another to _force them to commit acts of violence against other children_.

I can just about stand combat sports by remembering that there's (meant to be, at least) full informed consent on both sides, but this? This can't be ethical.
Back to top Go down
Ayezur

Ayezur

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:41 am

Is this not qualifying as child abuse because no one knows it's happening? In that case, these parents may well regret agreeing to appear in the documentary the article says is coming out.

Though it is the Daily Mail, so who knows how reliable it is?
Back to top Go down
http://lookingforwater.livejournal.com/
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:36 am

For people who are wondering how "dumb" these parents are, I think you're giving them too much credit. I think they're very much aware of how harmful this is. It's their version of dogfighting. These people are thoroughly enjoying watching a bunch of kids beat the shit out of each other.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:52 am

Narwhal wrote:
For people who are wondering how "dumb" these parents are, I think you're giving them too much credit. I think they're very much aware of how harmful this is. It's their version of dogfighting. These people are thoroughly enjoying watching a bunch of kids beat the shit out of each other.

That reminds me of a news story about a father who videotaped his two-year-old son hitting another child, encouraged the child to keep on hitting, and then, IIRC, put it on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:58 am

Never underestimate the cruelty of people seeking entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:58 am

It's great that parents are encouraging their kids to get active.

But living out your dreams through your kids is not healthy for ANYBODY.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"   "Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Stop crying and kick the other kid's ass, sweetie!"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next