Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism

Go down 
+42
BadficReadings
Dixie
Saleha
Maximilia
Just Chipper
Mr.Doobie
Miss Prince
Bamshalam
Spotts1701
TheHedonist
Azzandra
TheHermit
Jesus.
anangrychocobo
Penguin
Sutremaine
Jay/Cris
Alex89
Miss Misery
The Unoriginal
lemmingwriter
Psy-4
Rabid Badger
gaijinguy
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Lapin
bleachedblackcat
Lady Anne
EileenK98
Somath Cegem
Lexin
SlyChild
InkWeaver
ZoZo
saeku
Tungsten Monk
Sheba
Notomys mordax
Cyberwulf
myeerah
Malganis
Hot Cancer
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Yeah, the guys aren't the only ones "tuning the argument out" this time. What I'm getting from this thread and the HUGE BLOCKS OF TEXT as well as the QUOTE PYRAMIDS OF DOOM! (well, ok, they're not really huge quote pyramids, and certainly not of doom) is this: "News article is horrible blah blah blah feminism blah blah blah you're wrong blah blah blah no I'm not blah blah blah anti-gay-woman-feminist something blah blah blah patriarchy blah blah blah".
Isn't that pretty much every discussion here, though?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Maximilia wrote:
Yeah, the guys aren't the only ones "tuning the argument out" this time. What I'm getting from this thread and the HUGE BLOCKS OF TEXT as well as the QUOTE PYRAMIDS OF DOOM! (well, ok, they're not really huge quote pyramids, and certainly not of doom) is this: "News article is horrible blah blah blah feminism blah blah blah you're wrong blah blah blah no I'm not blah blah blah anti-gay-woman-feminist something blah blah blah patriarchy blah blah blah".
Isn't that pretty much every discussion here, though?

Yeah, that's probably why I'm tuning this one out. It's... different verse, same as the first.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:48 pm

ZoZo wrote:
The default icon for the LJ comm anti_feminism.

That's a blast from the past.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:22 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
The default icon for the LJ comm anti_feminism.

That's a blast from the past.
Oof. Shouldn't have checked that out. I woke up in a good mood this morning.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:11 am

About eight of us feminists used to sit on there and play with the misogybags who'd turn up spouting antiwoman bullshit.

The high point of our shenanigans was seeing off this creepy asshole by posting menstrual art.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:44 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
About eight of us feminists used to sit on there and play with the misogybags who'd turn up spouting antiwoman bullshit.

The high point of our shenanigans was seeing off this creepy asshole by posting menstrual art.

Apropos nothing: "menstrual art?"
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am

gaijinguy wrote:

Apropos nothing: "menstrual art?"

The medium? Menstrual blood. Unless I severely misunderstand.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 pm

You know, it's not impossible for a man to be a feminist.

It's just... unusual.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

It's just... unusual.
I've met some men who are genuinely trying to be feminists, and I do appreciate every one of them. I've met fewer who actually succeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Menstrual art

See, the subject of the drawing (painting?) is a statement that menses are something that belong to the whole of humanity and are not something to be pushed into the women's corner. Or maybe the artist was just a big Megaman fan, god knows that if I'd have gotten hold of some menstrual blood when I was ten I would have skipped the moony mumbo-jumbo stuff and got straight to drawing a picture of Sonic. Or maybe a tree in winter, since it's kind of brown and all.

Whatever, it's not a colour that I really like. Maybe Vulcan menstrual art would be more appealing? And if you combined the two, you could paint a tree with its leaves on! It's so nice when interspecies cooperation creates such wonderful things.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Lexin wrote:

It's just... unusual.
I've met some men who are genuinely trying to be feminists, and I do appreciate every one of them. I've met fewer who actually succeed.

Would you say it's significantly easier for women to be feminist?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Lexin wrote:

It's just... unusual.
Would you say it's significantly easier for women to be feminist?
Not significantly, no. Women just have more invested in it, as they're not the privileged sex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:15 pm

It's not really a question of "easier". It's a bit like a straight cis person being an LGBTQI ally - they bring their own privilege with them, they may not understand why certain things are such a big deal because they haven't experienced them directly, and they can come out with hurtful shit unintentionally and then wonder why (and take offence because) people are angry with them.

Don't get me wrong, there's women that aren't heavily involved with/invested in feminism, too. But they're more likely to have experienced street harrassment, sexual harrassment, admonishments about how to "stay safe" lest something terrible happen etc, than men. So it's more likely to strike a chord with them.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:19 pm

It's just... unusual.
My brother-in-law is a feminist. That's how my sister met him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:58 pm

I can't stand menstrual art. Not that I'm ashamed of my menses or whatever, just... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:15 am

Jesus. wrote:
I can't stand menstrual art. Not that I'm ashamed of my menses or whatever, just... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This.

I guess I'm just not avante-garde (sp?) to appreciate painting with body fluids. Especially in preference to, er, paint.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:53 am

gaijinguy wrote:
Jesus. wrote:

This.

I guess I'm just not avante-garde (sp?) to appreciate painting with body fluids. Especially in preference to, er, paint.

It's a sign of Slaaneshi corruption and should be dealt with accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Are you guys suggesting that people should paint with their own body fluids, specifically the ones you have when you're bleeding because it's your period?

Or did I get the wrong end of the stick, and it's just painting when you're on your menstrua cycle, which is stupid because we're ALWAYS on them, not just when there's the blood.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:49 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
Jesus. wrote:

This.

I'm not either. That's just gross. It's blood you freaks, that's not sanitary. I don't care if they say it's our "essence" and "womanhood", you don't see men making art out of their "seed".
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Lapin wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:
Jesus. wrote:

This.

I'm not either. That's just gross. It's blood you freaks, that's not sanitary. I don't care if they say it's our "essence" and "womanhood", you don't see men making art out of their "seed".
They prolly would, but it doesn't really come up, even on black canvas or whatnot. So no real point. You'd need a hell of a lot of spooge to make any real image.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Lapin wrote:

Well, there IS this French dude painting with poop, but it's not really analogous...
As for painting with menstrual fluid, I lost my taste for it when girls did menstrual graffiti with it in the toilets in middle school, thank you very much. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Oh shit, oh shit, you were the former and it wasn't just me being my usual moronic self!

I GOT IT RIGHT!

*starts to cry* What next? Cyberwulf actually agreeing with me? God save us, the universe is in flux!
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
It's not really a question of "easier". It's a bit like a straight cis person being an LGBTQI ally - they bring their own privilege with them, they may not understand why certain things are such a big deal because they haven't experienced them directly, and they can come out with hurtful shit unintentionally and then wonder why (and take offence because) people are angry with them.

Don't get me wrong, there's women that aren't heavily involved with/invested in feminism, too. But they're more likely to have experienced street harrassment, sexual harrassment, admonishments about how to "stay safe" lest something terrible happen etc, than men. So it's more likely to strike a chord with them.

Don't get me wrong, this is completely non-sarcastic, but what about women who are getting involved in feminist/social politics issues who have experienced none of the above (I think I can say I haven't experienced any of the above)? Do they start out being, essentially, like a person of the privileged class (say, a man) in that they haven't experienced first-hand what other women have?

Lapin wrote:

Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 724940 Uh, no.

Also I honestly don't get what's so ZOMG!EWWWWWW!!11!1!!! about menstrual blood art. It's blood, it's blood that came from a crotch, so what? I wouldn't want to paint with anyone else's blood but I'm fine with the idea of perhaps using my own as an art tool. What sort of stuff do you think humans USED for early artwork, after all -- stuff they could get easily. Which included, probably, blood, at least in some cases.

I mean, am I the only one here who doesn't particularly give a shit about that? I actually find it kind of fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Because it's blood, home to a billion diseases in some stranger's body. I took art history, I know they used blood in ancient art, but we've moved on, just like we moved on from using our enemy's skulls as art for our entryways and posing with dead relatives in photos.

It's unhygenic and weird and gross, as gross as using urine. Bodily fluids are not art supplies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism    Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor Treating Pregnant Women With Experimental Drug To Prevent Lesbianism
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next