Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arizona does it again!

Go down 
+17
Miss Prince
grmblfjx
Penguin
Ghost in the Machine
rachel
Maximilia
Sutremaine
TheHermit
myeerah
Just Chipper
Cyberwulf
Seule
SirDixonDongs
Malganis
Princess
Lady Anne
Spotts1701
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

Arizona does it again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
4) A bill is currently being drafted in the state legislature to attempt and overturn the 14th Amendment's Naturalization clause by stating that any child born to illegal immigrants is not a citizen of the United States. (Birthright citizenship predates the founding of the USA, and very few Western countries deny citizenship to anyone born on their soil.)
California tried this in the 90's, which immediately made me wonder: what if a child is born to an illegal immigrant and legal immigrant or U.S. citizen? Would the child be a citizen or not?

Not. Under Arizona's proposed law, both parents must be citizens for the child to be a citizen.

Of course, there's that pesky Supremacy Clause and about a century's worth of law that says Arizona can get stuffed...but I think they want to get it before the Supreme Court and get all that overturned.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Seule wrote:
myeerah wrote:
Seule, I love you, but your sig line is stretching the page. (It took me a few threads to realize it was you.)

=O Oh no! I'm sorry! Is this any better? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seems to be. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:27 am

Well, if nothing else, it would end the whole "anchor baby" wank.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:52 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
very few Western countries deny citizenship to anyone born on their soil.)

Really? You mean assuming the parents have residence permits, or just anyone born there? Because I think the US is fairly unique in their "born here = citizen" policy.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
very few Western countries deny citizenship to anyone born on their soil.)

Really? You mean assuming the parents have residence permits, or just anyone born there? Because I think the US is fairly unique in their "born here = citizen" policy.

Nope - Canada and Mexico both practice jus soli (citizenship by birthhright) just as the U.S. does, and the U.K., Australia, France, Ireland , New Zealand, and South Africa use a slightly modified form (requiring either one parent be a legal resident or citizen, or granting citizenship upon reaching a certain age). Germany's nationality law is more stringent, but still is based upon jus soli.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:43 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
a slightly modified form (requiring either one parent be a legal resident or citizen, or granting citizenship upon reaching a certain age).

Yeah, that's what I'm familiar with. Not a whole lot of places do the "if you drop your litter here your litter will be ours" version.
Although you could probably argue that Australia and New Zealand don't quite qualify as "western" Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:20 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
a slightly modified form (requiring either one parent be a legal resident or citizen, or granting citizenship upon reaching a certain age).

Yeah, that's what I'm familiar with. Not a whole lot of places do the "if you drop your litter here your litter will be ours" version.
Although you could probably argue that Australia and New Zealand don't quite qualify as "western" Razz

They're west of us.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:50 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
4) A bill is currently being drafted in the state legislature to attempt and overturn the 14th Amendment's Naturalization clause by stating that any child born to illegal immigrants is not a citizen of the United States. (Birthright citizenship predates the founding of the USA, and very few Western countries deny citizenship to anyone born on their soil.)
California tried this in the 90's, which immediately made me wonder: what if a child is born to an illegal immigrant and legal immigrant or U.S. citizen? Would the child be a citizen or not?

Not. Under Arizona's proposed law, both parents must be citizens for the child to be a citizen.

Sounds like ancient Athens. All they have to do after that is remove the mechanisms for non-citizens to become citizens, and we'll have the same social structure.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:

Of course, there's that pesky Supremacy Clause and about a century's worth of law that says Arizona can get stuffed...but I think they want to get it before the Supreme Court and get all that overturned.
If such a law was ever passed and permitted by the Supreme Court, it would raise some big questions when a baby was born whose mother didn't know who the father was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
They're west of us.

So is Japan. That's the problem with the earth not being a disk!
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:19 pm

So...wait....is China still the Far East or the Far West, by that logic? Or is...ummm....
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:

Today in a 5-4 decision,
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Princess wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Princess wrote:
Can you imagine the public outcry if they had chosen to base the mural on the school with the lowest "Ethnic mix"?

i'm just quoting this because what the hell are you saying here

By making a Conscious decision to choose the most ethnic school they could find, they show that they are racist too. Heavens forfend they choose some school that actually matches local demographics, or even go with a random school (or even a random selection of students). You might say "oh, WAAA, WAA, it's just a mural." but then, the whole gist of this story is people getting their panties in a wad about alterations to a friggin' mural. You want to bring your racial preferences into this, that's cool. Нравится вам или нет, но история на нашей стороне. Мы вас закопаем! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I agree, shouting racial slurs at children is going too far, but my original point stands.

Are you just trollan'? Or are you actually this moronic IRL? THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!

(my bets on moronic IRL)

Lady Anne wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:

It means the child is half citizen. Which means we chop off it's legs, put them in a box, and ship them back with their illegal parent to whatever native soil said parent came from.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:28 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:

Are you just trollan'? Or are you actually this moronic IRL?
Nazi. Ken. Avatar.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Nazi. Ken. Avatar.

I know, right?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:35 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Nazi. Ken. Avatar.

So I'm guessing, if that means anything, she is a troll. Come to troll us with lame race-baiting.

Why can't any trolls be more subtle?
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 am

So what about people with one American parent? Are they going to get thrown out of the country? Will they no longer be citizens and have to leave?

WE GOTTA GET RID OF ALL THOSE EVIL NOT-AMERICANS!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:15 am

backinmydaytrollingmeantsomething.tiff
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Just Chipper wrote:

Nah. Trolling never meant anything. I've come across about two truly award-winning trolls in my time, a couple just moderate trolls that are obvious but amusing, but for the most part, most trolls just go, "SEE I'M TROLLAN U?!?!?! SEE!?!?!?!? U MAD!?!?!?! U MAD!?!?!?!? PLZ BE MAD! PLZ!!?!?!? LOOKIT ME I'M TROLLAN!!??!?!??!"

It just baffles me how subtlety seems to be such a foreign concept to most of them.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Just Chipper wrote:

Nah. Trolling never meant anything. I've come across about two truly award-winning trolls in my time, a couple just moderate trolls that are obvious but amusing, but for the most part, most trolls just go, "SEE I'M TROLLAN U?!?!?! SEE!?!?!?!? U MAD!?!?!?! U MAD!?!?!?!? PLZ BE MAD! PLZ!!?!?!? LOOKIT ME I'M TROLLAN!!??!?!??!"

It just baffles me how subtlety seems to be such a foreign concept to most of them.
Lookit me! Lookit me! Lookit me! Mom, look! Mo-om! You're not paying attention to me! Pay attention to me! Wah! Mo-om, they're ignoring me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 pm

haha no lie i got a wedding to go to in arizona in october
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arizona does it again!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2