Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arizona does it again!

Go down 
+17
Miss Prince
grmblfjx
Penguin
Ghost in the Machine
rachel
Maximilia
Sutremaine
TheHermit
myeerah
Just Chipper
Cyberwulf
Seule
SirDixonDongs
Malganis
Princess
Lady Anne
Spotts1701
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

Arizona does it again! Empty
PostSubject: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:20 pm

School's diversity to be whitewashed.

Quote :
A group of artists has been asked to lighten the faces of children depicted in a giant public mural at a Prescott school.

The project's leader says he was ordered to lighten the skin tone after complaints about the children's ethnicity. But the school's principal says the request was only to fix shading and had nothing to do with political pressure.

Oh, yeah right. Pull the other one, it plays music.

Quote :
R.E. Wall, director of Prescott's Downtown Mural Project, said he and other artists were subjected to slurs from motorists as they worked on the painting at one of the town's most prominent intersections.

"We consistently, for two months, had people shouting racial slander from their cars," Wall said. "We had children painting with us, and here come these yells of (epithet for Blacks) and (epithet for Hispanics)."

Kids. They were shouting epithets at kids. I swear, just when I think I've heard it all something like this comes along.

Quote :
Faces in the mural were drawn from photographs of children enrolled at Miller Valley, a K-5 school with 380 students and the highest ethnic mix of any school in Prescott. Wall said thousands of town residents volunteered or donated to the project, the fourth in a series of community murals painted by a group of artists known as the "Mural
Mice."

The mural represents the school. You change the mural, then you are admitting that somehow you are ashamed of the diversity at that school. Ashamed of the children that you are supposed to be teaching and leading.

For that Mr. Lane, you should at the very least be dismissed from your position.

Last edited by Spotts1701 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Jesus fucking Christ, Arizona. Is there nothing you won't sink to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Can you imagine the public outcry if they had chosen to base the mural on the school with the lowest "Ethnic mix"?
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Princess wrote:
Can you imagine the public outcry if they had chosen to base the mural on the school with the lowest "Ethnic mix"?

i'm just quoting this because what the hell are you saying here
Back to top Go down
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:57 pm

Malganis wrote:
Princess wrote:

By making a Conscious decision to choose the most ethnic school they could find, they show that they are racist too. Heavens forfend they choose some school that actually matches local demographics, or even go with a random school (or even a random selection of students). You might say "oh, WAAA, WAA, it's just a mural." but then, the whole gist of this story is people getting their panties in a wad about alterations to a friggin' mural. You want to bring your racial preferences into this, that's cool. Нравится вам или нет, но история на нашей стороне. Мы вас закопаем! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I agree, shouting racial slurs at children is going too far, but my original point stands.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:13 pm

wait what the fuck are you saying

youre way too fucking incoherent even for me
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Princess wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Princess wrote:

By making a Conscious decision to choose the most ethnic school they could find, they show that they are racist too. Heavens forfend they choose some school that actually matches local demographics, or even go with a random school (or even a random selection of students).

Moronic troll is moronic, why'd I even bother.

It's not racist to have non-white people in a fucking mural, for fuck's sake.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Princess wrote:
By making a Conscious decision to choose the most ethnic school they could find, they show that they are racist too.

Nobody chose the school. This was a volunteer effort.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:25 am

Princess wrote:
Нравится вам или нет, но история на нашей стороне. Мы вас закопаем!

what the hell that quote isn't even in context
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:49 am

Seule wrote:
Princess wrote:

what the hell that quote isn't even in context
My sentiments exactly.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Malganis wrote:
Princess wrote:

it has Nazi Ken in its avatar what do you expect
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Princess wrote:

Ah, but consider the random Russian.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Malganis wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Princess wrote:

Ah, but consider the random Russian.

Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:14 pm

that post is literally what the program block of that one Krusty The Clown show that had Worker & Parasite airing was

literally
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Seule, I love you, but your sig line is stretching the page. (It took me a few threads to realize it was you.)
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:21 pm

I wonder what those people who swore up and down Arizona's immigration law wasn't racist have to say about this.
Back to top Go down
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 pm

TheHermit wrote:
I wonder what those people who swore up and down Arizona's immigration law wasn't racist have to say about this.
That they're not related, dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Princess wrote:
TheHermit wrote:
That they're not related, dumbass.

Wanna bet, sparky?

1) The City of Prescott took down a U.S. Census Bureau banner within the city limits because the banner was written in Spanish (federal law requires all census documents and fliers be printed in both English and Spanish).
2) SB 1070 (AKA "Papers, please") passed.
3) The Superintendent of Public Instruction within the state of Arizona announced that any teacher with a "heavy accent" would be barred from teaching students with Limited English Proficiency.
4) A bill is currently being drafted in the state legislature to attempt and overturn the 14th Amendment's Naturalization clause by stating that any child born to illegal immigrants is not a citizen of the United States. (Birthright citizenship predates the founding of the USA, and very few Western countries deny citizenship to anyone born on their soil.)
5) And now this.

Even Mr. Magoo could see through this.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:53 pm

myeerah wrote:
Seule, I love you, but your sig line is stretching the page. (It took me a few threads to realize it was you.)

=O Oh no! I'm sorry! Is this any better? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:22 pm

...I have no idea what you changed.

Was it the Harley quote?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Arizona is like the new Florida, only with slightly less shootings.

Also, the hubby says, "Arizona is to immigration what South Dakota is to abortion."
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Also, the hubby says, "Arizona is to immigration what South Dakota is to abortion."

And what South Carolina is to fidelity, good manners and common sense.
Back to top Go down
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Just for the record, my translator widget says...

Equals...

Pleases you or not, but history on our side. We will bury you!
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:13 pm

Good news:

1) The Principal and District Superintendent have announced that the mural will be left alone and/or restored to its original look.

2) The City Councilman who stirred up the controversy has been fired from the radio station that aired his show.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:41 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
4) A bill is currently being drafted in the state legislature to attempt and overturn the 14th Amendment's Naturalization clause by stating that any child born to illegal immigrants is not a citizen of the United States. (Birthright citizenship predates the founding of the USA, and very few Western countries deny citizenship to anyone born on their soil.)
California tried this in the 90's, which immediately made me wonder: what if a child is born to an illegal immigrant and legal immigrant or U.S. citizen? Would the child be a citizen or not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arizona does it again!   Arizona does it again! Empty

Back to top Go down

Arizona does it again!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next