Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.

Go down 
+19
Jesus.
Adagio
Lapin
Goat
SirDixonDongs
TheHermit
Mikey Go WOOGA
the asylum
Knorg
Lady Anne
gaijinguy
Psy-4
Spotts1701
Cyberwulf
Jay/Cris
ZoZo
Penguin
The Unoriginal
OzymandiasBowie
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Let me try

wow that shit really won't link.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Malganis wrote:
I... consider myself a libertarian on most issues.

lol talk about your easy targets

Quote :
I'd respect them if they were willing to go the route of Gandhi for their beliefs.
Gandhi's non-violence only worked because the British Empire relied on a clean public image; citizens of the British Empire believed their overseas operations were humane and just. Gandhi's master plan was to reveal this public image as a sham, causing internal strife and international outrage. He understood exactly what he could and could not get away with, and clearly understood his own victory conditions. Israel, by contrast, doesn't give a flying shit what anyone thinks of them because the countries around them aren't going to retaliate to anything less than a full-scale invasion (Israel's got nukes) and the UN is incapable of delivering any form of justice (US has veto power, cutting any kind of punishment in the jugular). A significant portion of Israel's own people believe Palestinians are sub-human and deserve everything that is happening to them, so appealing to their sense of morality is also a lost cause. The Gandhi route wouldn't work for the Palestinians.

gaijinguy wrote:
I think it's the parentheses.
I've had this happen on other forums using this same software: it absolutely is the parentheses.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Malganis wrote:

Never said that civilian casualties don't happen over there to the Palestinians,
Then stop acting like the Israelis are fucking saints.

I... uh, haven't, so I'm unclear as to why you think I am.

Cyberwulf wrote:
This blockade that's hurting the ordinary Palestinians living there, what's that? Are you saying collateral damage is acceptable? 'Cos you know, terrorists often decide that collateral damage is acceptable too.

Didn't say it was. I'm just saying that since other posters have said the Israelis aren't 'helpless woobies that just need love', the Palestinians aren't necessarily the woobies here. I think that both sides have an incredible capacity to be wrong and to act wrongly here. It's not some whitewashed Pure Good versus Pure Evil for either side.

Cyber wrote:
Once again

Oh, when would that other time be?

Quote :
you're pontificating about something you don't know a damn thing about. You don't know thing one about terrorism, what causes it, or why ordinary people would support it, so shut your mouth.

No, I think I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion, just as you are. And frankly, no, I don't respect people who kill innocents to further their cause. If they sacrifice their own lives, peacefully, for what they believe, then that I respect. That takes courage.

Cyber wrote:
Quote :
Funny... some folks say that about the state of Israel, or just Jews in general.
And what does that have to do with anything? Israel gets a free pass to do whatever the hell it pleases because of the Holocaust?

No, just that it's out there, as gaijin said.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:44 am

Obvious troll is obvious: A ship from the same group, the MV Rachel Corrie, is going to try and run the blockade. Apparently it's an Irish-flagged ship, though, and the Irish government has given Israel permission to intercept it.

Quote :

Former Assistant U.N. Secretary-General Denis Halliday, also aboard
the Rachel Corrie, said Thursday the passengers had no plans to confront
the Israelis. "We will stand back and show we are harmless and
unarmed -- we will put up no resistance," he said. "We're not going to
make any silly mistakes." Israel said its naval blockade is in
place to stop weaponry from reaching militants in Gaza intent on
attacking Israel. "If, as is their stated intention, the Israeli
government intercepts the Rachel Corrie, the government demands that it
demonstrate every restraint," said Martin. He called on Israel to lift
its blockade.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:16 am

That ship is packed. It's a real crush on board.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:28 am

I can't believe we actually support these people.

I know the Jews have had a bad time about history but I don't see what that has to do with getting away with all the shit they do.

Of course, it hasn't. The important part is that they're licking the US' arse and have nukes. Religion is irrellevant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Penguin wrote:
Is this what you're referring to, or is there another source that could add some clarity?

First of all, if Israel were to attempt to justify their blockade under San Remo they would run into a slight problem - under that document general blockades against an entire population are illegal on-face.

Second, in order for San Remo to apply Israel would have to be in a state of war as defined by international law. Except for that to be true, Israel would have to acknowledge that 1) the Palestinian state exists, 2) that firing rockets into Israel from Gaza is not an illegitimate act of terrorism but rather a legitimate act of war and 3) would then have to treat any prisoners captured as POWs under the Geneva Convention.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Also, apperently it's not a war between Gaza and Israel, but an Israel occupation, so it's a whole different legal ball game.

And Israel is pissed that Turkey doesn't appreciate murder of its citizens.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:59 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Is this what you're referring to, or is there another source that could add some clarity?

First of all, if Israel were to attempt to justify their blockade under San Remo they would run into a slight problem - under that document general blockades against an entire population are illegal on-face.

Second, in order for San Remo to apply Israel would have to be in a state of war as defined by international law. Except for that to be true, Israel would have to acknowledge that 1) the Palestinian state exists, 2) that firing rockets into Israel from Gaza is not an illegitimate act of terrorism but rather a legitimate act of war and 3) would then have to treat any prisoners captured as POWs under the Geneva Convention.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.   Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Israel Attacks Unarmed Humanitarian Ship in International Waters.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4